Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Why Do Some Mothers Reject Potential Suitors For Their Daughters? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Some Mothers Reject Potential Suitors For Their Daughters? (5945 Views)

Nigerian Parents And Their Daughters: Hilarious Photo Of The Day / How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? / Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Some Mothers Reject Potential Suitors For Their Daughters? by mondaydada(m): 9:32pm On Aug 28, 2011
Why Do Mother Reject Their Daughter Choice Of Man

i met a lady and both of us agreed to get married, after we both prayed, she travel home to let her parent know of her decision. but the mother said over her death body to allow her daughter to settled down with a man like.
well the only reason given by the mother is based on the fact that am physical challenged. so i decided to call the whole relationship off but the girl insisted am the one she happy to spend the rest of her life with. the girl is now suggesting court wedding

what can i do, should i aggree to her suggestion or to let go of her.
Re: Why Do Some Mothers Reject Potential Suitors For Their Daughters? by Russialane(m): 9:40pm On Aug 28, 2011
your english grammar is kinda funny see how you spell DAUGHTER
Re: Why Do Some Mothers Reject Potential Suitors For Their Daughters? by SisiKill1: 9:59pm On Aug 28, 2011
Russialane:

It's obviously a mistake because he spelled it right in the body of his post. . .Professor maja!

@ Topic
Unfortunately, some people can not look past someone's disability. . . to see that their handicap does not define them. You are very lucky to have found a girl who sees you for who you are, who wants to be with you, who makes you happy and is happy with you. . .to hell with the momma I say! cheesy

On a serious note, I won't let that go if I were you.
Re: Why Do Some Mothers Reject Potential Suitors For Their Daughters? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 28, 2011
//
Re: Why Do Some Mothers Reject Potential Suitors For Their Daughters? by obowunmi(m): 11:32pm On Aug 28, 2011
Ignore momsi and marry the girl of your dreams.
Re: Why Do Some Mothers Reject Potential Suitors For Their Daughters? by Russialane(m): 12:31am On Aug 29, 2011
i dey pass go it no concern me tongue
Re: Why Do Some Mothers Reject Potential Suitors For Their Daughters? by Nobody: 2:01am On Aug 29, 2011
parents have certain expectations for their children and your disabilities may be a turn off to them (you surely know how physically challenged people are looked down upon in most countries in Africa)

you probably knew that this was coming and i am surprised that you are shocked by her refusal. i guess you guys where dating "undercover" until that day.

there is not much you can do:
A) "if the girl is ok with it" then marry her without the blessing of her parents, have her live in exile from her dear family and, "possibly" making her miserable (family wise) at the expense of being happy with you. also, remember that the parents would certainly curse have a grudge against you. this is definitely NOT a choice that should be taken lightly.

B) accept defeat and find a suitable girl/family that will accept you with your disabilities. present yourself to the family, as soon as you guys are serious, so that you have an idea from the onset about how family think of your union.
Re: Why Do Some Mothers Reject Potential Suitors For Their Daughters? by erico2k2(m): 2:34am On Aug 29, 2011
Family pressure is real and could lead to loads of unhappy tales, since the conscent of parents where seeked, you guys have to go with thier decission,in these days society its a big challenge when parents thought should determine something thats meant to be for better and for worse. sad sad
Re: Why Do Some Mothers Reject Potential Suitors For Their Daughters? by premechaz: 4:26am On Aug 29, 2011
Did you speak English to your in-laws?

Its probably your English that scared the mom. I'd be scared too.

Next time, go for illiterates like you.
Re: Why Do Some Mothers Reject Potential Suitors For Their Daughters? by rman: 5:26am On Aug 29, 2011
Russialane:

We now have too many people on nairaland that can not make intelligent contributions on issues rasied but to point at spelling mistakes.
Re: Why Do Some Mothers Reject Potential Suitors For Their Daughters? by premechaz: 5:29am On Aug 29, 2011
rman:

We now have too many people on nairaland that can not make intelligent contributions on issues rasied but to point at spelling mistakes.

I think only intelligent people can spot and point out spelling mistakes. You don't agree?

I don't see an agbero point out spelling mistakes.
Re: Why Do Some Mothers Reject Potential Suitors For Their Daughters? by Rogerss(m): 5:30am On Aug 29, 2011
If you gat some bread, then you know why she's with you.
Re: Why Do Some Mothers Reject Potential Suitors For Their Daughters? by rman: 5:38am On Aug 29, 2011
premechaz:

I think only intelligent people can spot and point out spelling mistakes. You don't agree?

I don't see an agbero point out spelling mistakes.

You don't get my point. I have noticed that a lot of people only point out the spelling mistakes without and that's it.

Yes, point out then mistakes, then put up your suggestions or opinion on the matter. If the only thing you have to offer is spelling correction, it is better you just read and do not reply. If we like it or not majority really don not have anything to say objectively on issues raised on nairaland than to come an attack posters. Most times they derail the thread.
Re: Why Do Some Mothers Reject Potential Suitors For Their Daughters? by rman: 5:40am On Aug 29, 2011
rman:

You don't get my point. I have noticed that a lot of people only point out the spelling mistakes and that's it.

Yes, point out then mistakes, then put up your suggestions or opinion on the matter. If the only thing you have to offer is spelling correction, it is better you just read and do not reply. If we like it or not majority really don not have anything to say objectively on issues raised on nairaland than to come an attack posters. Most times they derail the thread.
Re: Why Do Some Mothers Reject Potential Suitors For Their Daughters? by premechaz: 5:41am On Aug 29, 2011
rman:

You don't get my point. I have noticed that a lot of people only point out the spelling mistakes without and that's it.

Why would you post objectively. NL is a forum where people post their subjective opinions, NO?

When did we become machine as to post objectively. Are you drunk?
Re: Why Do Some Mothers Reject Potential Suitors For Their Daughters? by playahP(m): 5:54am On Aug 29, 2011
@Russialane

Speaking good english does not make you intelligent. Is your father an English man or are you even remotely related to an english person??
I believe the answer is NO!!!

As long as we are able to pass our message across- be it in sign language- then we are communicating and ignorant people like Russialane should keep the Bleep off.
Re: Why Do Some Mothers Reject Potential Suitors For Their Daughters? by Tjluv: 6:16am On Aug 29, 2011
premechaz:

That was quite harsh, pointing out spelling mistakes or gramatical blunders is not equivalent to being intelligent.
Re: Why Do Some Mothers Reject Potential Suitors For Their Daughters? by itiswell1(m): 7:17am On Aug 29, 2011
obowunmi:

Ignore momsi and marry the girl of your dreams.
Gbam
Re: Why Do Some Mothers Reject Potential Suitors For Their Daughters? by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 29, 2011
If God has given a go ahead, put the woman in prayers for the heart of the king is in the hands of the Lord. Above all ask for wisdom and grace to handle the situation. There's a spirit in man and the breath of God gives them understanding smiley
Re: Why Do Some Mothers Reject Potential Suitors For Their Daughters? by yemboy1(m): 8:10am On Aug 29, 2011
Tjluv:

That was quite harsh, pointing out spelling mistakes or gramatical blunders is not equivalent to being intelligent.

You sure sound like a prof. u knw? U r RUDE! watch it.
Re: Why Do Some Mothers Reject Potential Suitors For Their Daughters? by sadyeek(m): 8:14am On Aug 29, 2011
What does that tell you About the woman you want to marry and be the mother of your kids??

That doesn't set a good example for me, just imagine she is willing to disobey her mother for her own selfish reasons(no offence).
That looks like she can disrespect you as her husband in the future(hypothetically)

And don't forget what goes around comes around.
You are sometime down the line going to have kids, how would you feel if your kids go against your wills??

I am just stating some facts, so don't let me influence your decision.

Just my thoughts.
Re: Why Do Some Mothers Reject Potential Suitors For Their Daughters? by yemboy1(m): 8:25am On Aug 29, 2011
my reply up there was for[b] premechaz[/b] 'm sooory Tjluv.
Re: Why Do Some Mothers Reject Potential Suitors For Their Daughters? by Sike(m): 8:58am On Aug 29, 2011
premechaz:

lol
Re: Why Do Some Mothers Reject Potential Suitors For Their Daughters? by Tjluv: 9:00am On Aug 29, 2011
yem boy:

You sure sound like a prof. u knw? U r RUDE! watch it.
?
yem boy:

my reply up there was for[b] premechaz[/b] 'm sooory Tjluv.
Good enough
Re: Why Do Some Mothers Reject Potential Suitors For Their Daughters? by IrunmoleD1: 9:49am On Aug 29, 2011
Bros, leave mata. Na money be the main issue. If you buy one jeep give the woman, she no go remember say you're challenged physically. Learn from the experience, move on and don't take it personal.
Re: Why Do Some Mothers Reject Potential Suitors For Their Daughters? by rman: 9:54am On Aug 29, 2011
premechaz:

Why would you post objectively. NL is a forum where people post their subjective opinions, NO?

When did we become machine as to post objectively. Are you drunk?

Immature and unintellugent posters are always quick to insult. I will not come down to your level. Shallow minds
Re: Why Do Some Mothers Reject Potential Suitors For Their Daughters? by marcus1234: 10:07am On Aug 29, 2011
Re: Why Do Some Mothers Reject Potential Suitors For Their Daughters? by IrunmoleD1: 10:13am On Aug 29, 2011
@Marcus1234, I seconded that
Re: Why Do Some Mothers Reject Potential Suitors For Their Daughters? by solomon111(m): 10:28am On Aug 29, 2011
@premechaz.what u displayed in ur post depict ur height of idiocy. angry.
@op.do not wed the girl without the mama's consent.she raised her all this years without u.I Think she deserves a say,so just find a way of making her understand,if not bid the girl goodbye
Re: Why Do Some Mothers Reject Potential Suitors For Their Daughters? by yebizzle: 11:09am On Aug 29, 2011
Russialane:

it is "vocabulary" not "grammer" considering the fact that your so quick to point out other people's mistakes. angry
next time if you havent got anything intelligent to say, just do yourself and every1 else a favour and keep quiet
Re: Why Do Some Mothers Reject Potential Suitors For Their Daughters? by Kizilala: 12:13pm On Aug 29, 2011
premechaz:

[/quo ;

grin grin grin grin
Funny but harsh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Marriage Dilemma / Top Ten Sandals Design Gift For Your Spouse / What Is The Difference Between Bride Price And Dowry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.