Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,967 members, 7,825,023 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Atiku’s Son Lambasts Amaechi For Attacking Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku’s Son Lambasts Amaechi For Attacking Jonathan (3752 Views)

Atiku's Son, Aminu Abubakar Marries A Ghanaian Woman (photos) / You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni / A Thread Specially Dedicated To Governor "Rotimi Amaechi" For His Determination. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku’s Son Lambasts Amaechi For Attacking Jonathan by Candyrain(m): 1:49pm On Oct 30, 2014
Mustapha, a prominent son of a former Vice-President, Atiku Abubakar, has launched an attack on the Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi, for verbally castigating President Goodluck Jonathan.

Amaechi had on Saturday stated that Jonathan should not be referred to as his brother for failing to execute any project in Rivers State.

But the ex-VP’s son carpeted Amaechi for making what he called unguarded statements, noting that the governor was not the only one witnessing Jonathan’s alleged incompetence.

Accusing Amaechi of criticising Jonathan “irresponsibly” with “no sense of decorum,” Mustapha asked him to take a cue from his colleague and fellow party member in Edo State, Governor Adams Oshiomhole, whom he described as a “mature leader.”

Writing on Twitter, Atiku’s son argued that despite Jonathan’s alleged incompetence, the President deserves respect from all governors irrespective of party affiliations.

“I remember very well that Amaechi was one of Jonathan’s biggest supporters for a while. Amaechi is not the only one who sees or talks about GEJ’s incompetence, but he’s the one who criticises irresponsibly the most.

“But whenever Amaechi takes on the President, he does so with no sense of decorum, which is wrong for a leader. Gov. Oshiomole always accords the President a rousing welcome whenever he visits his state. This is a mature leader,” Mustapha wrote on Twitter.

Mustapha, whose father is a presidential aspirant on the platform of the All Progressives Congress, however, insisted that he had “no love” for Jonathan.

According to him, “by the votes of Nigerians and the will of God” Jonathan must return to his country home in Otuoke, Bayelsa State, come 2015.

Urging Nigerians to “shine your eyes,” the Turakin Adamawa’s offspring stated that the raising of committees and various subcommittees by Jonathan for his presidential declaration would not prevent him from losing his reelection bid.

“Look, former military President Ibrahim Babangida filled the Eagle Square, Abuja to the brim during his (presidential) declaration in 2011. Governors and all sorts of people attended but we know where his journey ended. Mr. President’s declaration may surpass that of Atiku, Buhari, and Kwankwaso combined, but it doesn’t make him more popular,” he added.

He also criticised First Lady Patience Jonathan describing her as “an embarrassment to the Presidency.”

Meanwhile, the Presidency has said that Jonathan has “no enemies to fight” going from various scathing criticisms of his administration.

Special Assistant to the President on New Media, Reno Omokri, said the President’s declaration slated for November would not be used to attack personalities, adding that the event would be issue-based.

“I have no enemies to fight. We are one people from the womb of one Nigeria,” Omokri quoted the President as saying on Twitter.

“By definition a declaration ought to be a platform to tell the electorate your plan for their betterment, not a platform to attack others.”

In a veiled reference to the defection of the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, who on Tuesday defected from the PDP to the APC, the Presidency noted that Jonathan was not moved, stating that the President’s achievement in office would earn him a reelection in 2015.

“Between 1998 and today, many changed political parties many times than they changed cars. But Jonathan has been stable. He (Jonathan) never jumps ship! In our centenary year we became Africa’s largest economy.

“Besides, Nigeria’s male and female national teams are football champions. Nigeria also contained Ebola. Let us be proud of these achievements,” Omokri added.

Meanwhile, Mustapha also threw his weight behind a suit filed before Justice Ahmed Mohammed of the Federal High Court challenging the eligibility of President Jonathan and his deputy, Namadi Sambo, to seek re-election in the 2015 presidential election.

The plaintiffs have argued that by the virtue of the oaths taken by Jonathan and Sambo following the death of President Umaru Yar’Adua in 2010 and their subsequent re-election in 2011, both of them were deemed to have completed the two terms allowed by law.

The ex-VP’s son said, “This is simple: the constitution says you can’t be President for more than eight years. If he wins the polls, he will spend more than that. Does the constitution allow an individual to be President for more than eight years?

“I am waiting to see how our judiciary will allow President Jonathan to contest. Nigerians and God know he is ineligible.

http://www.punchng.com/i-punch/atikus-son-lambasts-amaechi-for-attacking-jonathan/
Re: Atiku’s Son Lambasts Amaechi For Attacking Jonathan by PastorPLC: 1:58pm On Oct 30, 2014
Nice and stupid of Atiku's son. After making fair comments and lambasting Amaechi for his stupidity, you also went ahead to say that President's wife is an embarrassment to the presidency.

4 Likes

Re: Atiku’s Son Lambasts Amaechi For Attacking Jonathan by Candyrain(m): 2:01pm On Oct 30, 2014
PastorPLC:
Nice and stupid of Atiku's son. After making fair comments and lambasting Amaechi for his stupidity, you also went ahead to say that President's wife is an embarrassment to the presidency.
On that note I think he's right. The First Lady's excesses should be curtailed.
Re: Atiku’s Son Lambasts Amaechi For Attacking Jonathan by stebell(m): 2:12pm On Oct 30, 2014
Like Atiku like his son. They neva discuss issues but rather attack others.

well he cant speak for Nigerians on who to vote for come 2015.

No mata wat, it will still be GEJ till 2019.

11 Likes

Re: Atiku’s Son Lambasts Amaechi For Attacking Jonathan by IfyAwazie(f): 2:18pm On Oct 30, 2014
PastorPLC:
funny, u just want him to say wat u want to hear and not d truth.
Re: Atiku’s Son Lambasts Amaechi For Attacking Jonathan by Mogidi: 2:32pm On Oct 30, 2014
GEJ is truly the blessed and anointed one, even his opponents son is helping him fight his enemy. God will forever put confusion in the midst of his enemies.

#CARRY GO 2015#

11 Likes

Re: Atiku’s Son Lambasts Amaechi For Attacking Jonathan by Luggi007(m): 2:57pm On Oct 30, 2014
This dude must be confused or drunk or maybe over fed. I think he is seeking for attention.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku’s Son Lambasts Amaechi For Attacking Jonathan by masamari(m): 3:05pm On Oct 30, 2014
So Atiku son has gut to rant here, your father is one of evil politicians that has musttered society wealth for His family alone. Evil days are aheed of you all. It is only in Nigeria that individual like Atiku without conscience can come out to say he wants to rule Nigeria, even it will difficult for you to win LG election in your village. 2015 election will be interesting only politicians that knows what it takes to be a leader will lead. An empty barrel makes a louder noice! Idiot like a father like a son. Awon Ole mereke gbokugboku!
Re: Atiku’s Son Lambasts Amaechi For Attacking Jonathan by Tintinix: 3:09pm On Oct 30, 2014
Candyrain:

The ex-VP’s son said, “This is simple: the constitution says you can’t be President for more than eight years. If he wins the polls, he will spend more than that. Does the constitution allow an individual to be President for more than eight years?

“I am waiting to see how our judiciary will allow President Jonathan to contest. Nigerians and God know he is ineligible.

http://www.punchng.com/i-punch/atikus-son-lambasts-amaechi-for-attacking-jonathan/

hmm you guys didn't think it through when you kept touting him as Vice-President and then Acting President for those two years?

1 Like

Re: Atiku’s Son Lambasts Amaechi For Attacking Jonathan by dotna(m): 3:10pm On Oct 30, 2014
He should tread carefully.

Elders are involved.

No go collect curses for wetin no cosine you

1 Like

Re: Atiku’s Son Lambasts Amaechi For Attacking Jonathan by SLIDEwaxie(m): 3:48pm On Oct 30, 2014
That guy is a mofo!!
Re: Atiku’s Son Lambasts Amaechi For Attacking Jonathan by Isiterere(m): 4:41pm On Oct 30, 2014
Mogidi:
GEJ is truly the blessed and anointed one, even his opponents son is helping him fight his enemy. God will forever put confusion in the midst of his enemies.

#CARRY GO 2015#
are you sure you read and understood the post at all?

saTAN crew atimes....

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Atiku’s Son Lambasts Amaechi For Attacking Jonathan by Balkan(m): 4:57pm On Oct 30, 2014
Smart and intelligent dude. He spoke well and he sound more mature.
Amaechi is just a disappointment. He needs to grow up. He talks like a baby.

But you Atiku son, you too get bad mouth
Re: Atiku’s Son Lambasts Amaechi For Attacking Jonathan by GODDYGEE91(m): 5:41pm On Oct 30, 2014
I salute de young man 4 d courage and boldness 2 say dis. But I think he has also spoil sometin 4 d father.
Re: Atiku’s Son Lambasts Amaechi For Attacking Jonathan by dj187: 6:30pm On Oct 30, 2014
GODDYGEE91:
I salute de young man 4 d courage and boldness 2 say dis. But I think he has also spoil sometin 4 d father.

1 Like

Re: Atiku’s Son Lambasts Amaechi For Attacking Jonathan by nairalife2013(m): 7:30pm On Oct 30, 2014
He should be a complete gentleman or outrightly toe d rascal-like path of his sire and plitical associates. He spoke well then plunged headlong into thier usual abyss of bitterness and invectives, describing d 1st lady as an embarrassment to d presidency! Gej is not perfect but he is better than atiku his father and buhari. The duo will certainly cause an unquenchable chaos in d polity if given d mandate to rule. I can only vote jonathan out if I see a better contender. For now there is NON! I and my people we dont hav sleepless nites over d general election issue. GEJ WILL WIN, even if we dont vote but we WILL vote. I still love dis country nigeria. I DONT WANT IT TO BREAK INTO PIECES. WE NEED A CHARISMATIC, FORGIVING AND NON CONSERVATIVE(LIBERAL) LEADER AT THIS POINT. Gej is d one. I love d north inspite of her backward and bloodthirsty ways. I hav freinds there, so also do my people. If we unite as one upon our diversity, we will rule africa and remain great or get greater. Breaking into smaller nations will rub us of d uniqueness of leading d continent as we were marked for. My prayer is dat dis should not be done to d detriment of our own people. We are not a rogue nation like russia who couldnt hold themselves when they were ussr, and are still confused and frenzied even in thier new smaller status; we are not iran; we are not north korea - these are all rogue countries who hit and run and think left when others are thinking right; who curse at d slightest provocation or outrightly kill when others are blessing and trying to add meaning to life. apc must change thier ways! Or we will say WE ARE NOT APC! We are nigerians, d giant of africa, and WILL remain so. Like d dreaded ebola, all our pains will go away, and other nations will come to learn from us.
Re: Atiku’s Son Lambasts Amaechi For Attacking Jonathan by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 30, 2014
As this people take dey tok about GEJ going back to otuoke makes me laugh. We shall see about that in few months
Re: Atiku’s Son Lambasts Amaechi For Attacking Jonathan by iamrealdeji(m): 9:06pm On Oct 30, 2014
Agboju logun omo,what's supposed to be his business? To me,hes indirectly introducing himself as a patriotic outspoken Nigerian who's eligible,so tomorrow now,he'd come out with his own gubernatorial campaign poster
Re: Atiku’s Son Lambasts Amaechi For Attacking Jonathan by kenex4ever(m): 9:22pm On Oct 30, 2014
IfyAwazie:
funny, u just want him to say wat u want to hear and not d truth.
U get mind o, u snapped no make pix n up loaded it on NL. Anyways, u r cool without MU
Re: Atiku’s Son Lambasts Amaechi For Attacking Jonathan by IfyAwazie(f): 9:28pm On Oct 30, 2014
kenex4ever:
U get mind o, u snapped no make pix n up loaded it on NL. Anyways, u r cool without MU
tnx. I don't make up o, as u see me dats how I am.
Re: Atiku’s Son Lambasts Amaechi For Attacking Jonathan by kenex4ever(m): 9:39pm On Oct 30, 2014
IfyAwazie:
tnx. I don't make up o, as u see me dats how I am.
And they said girls can't do without make up, dats cool but I think if u make up u will be even prettier.
Re: Atiku’s Son Lambasts Amaechi For Attacking Jonathan by IfyAwazie(f): 10:42pm On Oct 30, 2014
kenex4ever:
And they said girls can't do without make up, dats cool but I think if u make up u will be even prettier.
Tnx but no tnx. I just don't like it cos its like dirt on my face. I like wiping my face all d time.
Re: Atiku’s Son Lambasts Amaechi For Attacking Jonathan by kenex4ever(m): 10:47pm On Oct 30, 2014
IfyAwazie:
Tnx but no tnx. I just don't like it cos its like dirt on my face. I like wiping my face all d time.
Ooook, wlcm bt no wilcm. It's all good, have fun
Re: Atiku’s Son Lambasts Amaechi For Attacking Jonathan by homesteady(m): 10:53pm On Oct 30, 2014
Amaechi talks, acts and even dances like a foool! it so saddening that he bears the title Governor! it's an insult to other great governor's!
Re: Atiku’s Son Lambasts Amaechi For Attacking Jonathan by SOUNDKING: 11:03pm On Oct 30, 2014
D worst GeJ is d best buhari. Xo§
Re: Atiku’s Son Lambasts Amaechi For Attacking Jonathan by lonelydora: 11:10pm On Oct 30, 2014
This guy is seeking attention. He should advice his father and not Amaechi. His father follow keep Nigeria like this.

Snake must give birth to a long thing.
Re: Atiku’s Son Lambasts Amaechi For Attacking Jonathan by Nextlevel0007(m): 11:56pm On Oct 30, 2014
Isorite! Main while,,,,,,,,

Re: Atiku’s Son Lambasts Amaechi For Attacking Jonathan by brainpower(m): 2:16am On Oct 31, 2014
The man said the truth simple. But he can't be sure about GEJ not winning. He has his reasons for saying that, but he should know that Nigerians or southerners are tired of Northern rule and GEJ will rather give up power to the East or middle belt than to give it back to the north. He should ask his father for some political advice.

As for Amaechi, I'm not surprised he said GEJ isn't his brother. He has never been family oriented and moreover we choose who our brothers are, so if he says GEJ isn't his brother, we should let him be. My village shares a common boundary with Amaechi's village but I still say Amaechi isn't my brother.
Re: Atiku’s Son Lambasts Amaechi For Attacking Jonathan by GODDYGEE91(m): 11:06am On Oct 31, 2014
[quote author=dj187 post=27588506][/quote]

professor ITK, I de hail u ooo
Re: Atiku’s Son Lambasts Amaechi For Attacking Jonathan by Acidosis(m): 10:47pm On Dec 15, 2014
You can not erase history smiley

muhehehehehehe grin grin grin
Re: Atiku’s Son Lambasts Amaechi For Attacking Jonathan by Acidosis(m): 6:27am On Dec 16, 2014
smiley

(1) (Reply)

Why Linda Ikeji may end up in jail / See The Educational Qualification Of All President Buhari's Children, / Is Umuahia, Abia state officially BIAFRA now? See what i found at the entrance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.