Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,001 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

Jobs Matter - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Jobs Matter (821 Views)

I Need A Job Like A Matter Of Life And Death / Please Help Me Judge This Matter / Job Interview:- Why Only 3 Questions Really Matter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jobs Matter by HenryThegreat1(m): 2:19pm On Oct 31, 2014
I
Re: Jobs Matter by Emasel(m): 2:59pm On Oct 31, 2014
Personally,I have always believed that your location does not really matter when looking for a job now,because most of the jobs you will be applying for,you'll apply for them online.Even if you want to apply for jobs,through "Unsolicited Applications",you can still conveniently do this online irrespective of where you are located.

The trick I used then was when sending my CV to companies in Lagos,I used a Lagos address,which is where I stay when I'm in Lagos,giving the company the impression I actually reside in Lagos.Because sometimes,some of these SMEs put into consideration your location before inviting you for an interview,but for the MNCs and big indigenous companies,they don't really consider your location.

The idea is do not think or feel your location limits your chances of getting a job as you can be anywhere and apply for a job anywhere,thats the power of the internet.

I wish you the best bro!
Re: Jobs Matter by HenryThegreat1(m): 3:17pm On Oct 31, 2014
Tanks very much dis is wot i'm thinking.
Re: Jobs Matter by Emeka71(m): 3:39pm On Oct 31, 2014
Emasel:
Personally,I have always believed that your location does not really matter when looking for a job now,because most of the jobs you will be applying for,you'll apply for them online.Even if you want to apply for jobs,through "Unsolicited Applications",you can still conveniently do this online irrespective of where you are located.

The trick I used then was when sending my CV to companies in Lagos,I used a Lagos address,which is where I stay when I'm in Lagos,giving the company the impression I actually reside in Lagos.Because sometimes,some of these SMEs put into consideration your location before inviting you for an interview,but for the MNCs and big indigenous companies,they don't really consider your location.

The idea is do not think or feel your location limits your chances of getting a job as you can be anywhere and apply for a job anywhere,thats the power of the internet.

I wish you the best bro!
confirmed.
Re: Jobs Matter by CBNIM: 5:40pm On Oct 31, 2014
Emasel:

I wish you the best bro!
it was easy for you cos you have a place in lagos to use its address, what of people that has no lagos address nor a place to stay especially in big places with high employment potentials like the said lagos, abuja, ph etc?
good advice though!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Plssss:interview / Workforce Management Centre / A Manufacturing Company Needs Accounting & Marketing Officers Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.