Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,952 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

My Journey Towards Self Discovery - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Journey Towards Self Discovery (965 Views)

My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World / My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World / My Journey Towards Being A Successful Doctor In the US (story Of My Life) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Journey Towards Self Discovery by boofydon: 3:26pm On Oct 31, 2014
My dear handsome Joshua,
The indications are very strong that I will start a new phase in my life in the next few days – perhaps tomorrow. Lest I should forget, I feel impelled to write you a few lines to inform you of some of the steps I decided to take that I believe would help transform me from the ordinary “kid on the street” to an achiever; a man that set goals and see it through.
Over the years, I had been overly frail in my firmness of purpose and feeble in my determination to succeed. I made love to indecision, allowed procrastination be my best friend, and as one would expect, I shared my mouka foam with regrets. I felt lonely and in need of guidance most times – maybe, because I lost my father at a very tender age. I thought having a girlfriend could assuage my loneliness. Lol! How mistaken was I - it made it worse. These and other reasons made me set sail towards the island of self-discovery.

In the process of the journey, I read so many meaningless books, watched so many dimwit videos and listened to so many hokum by some so-called motivational speakers. After months of fruitless search, I decided it was a lost course – let me just drink and merry until the ground comes calling. But, out of the blues, I discovered a secret! Ok, it’s no secret so to speak – it’s more of a list of things I decided to start to do. I have begun most of it and already reaping some good harvest. I will list a few below.

[b]Firstly, I had to change my place of worship. You see, in my former church, we killed demons on Sundays, did bible study on how to deal with household witchcraft and principalities on Tuesdays, and killed more demons on Thursdays. And after hearing judgmental sermons from the ministers, I go home feeling I’m not just righteous enough. I guess that made me a bit depressed. In summary, in my new church I learnt that God already loves me, I don’t need to earn is love. Because I have accepted Jesus, I don’t need to feel guilty of my past sins. Jesus is my friend not a “master”.

I also decided to do the following: Cut short the amount of time I spend online; write out my plans for each day as soon as I wake up; concentrate on only a few goals as opposed to trying to be a “jack of all trade”; become less susceptible to procrastination; believe in myself, after all, if I don’t believe in myself, why should anyone believe in me; and most importantly move closer to God, read more of God’s word so no evangelist confuse me again.[/b]

Thanks for taking out time to read this letter. I hope to send you a list of my achievements very soon.

Yours truly,

Boofydon

2 Likes

Re: My Journey Towards Self Discovery by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 01, 2014
Good write up. what I like most about it is,righteous is a gift,not a reward to be earned!

1 Like

Re: My Journey Towards Self Discovery by boofydon: 11:16am On Nov 01, 2014
tycoon2:
Good write up. what I like most about it is,righteous is a gift,not a reward to be earned!
Thanks. Took me some time to figure it out though.
Re: My Journey Towards Self Discovery by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 01, 2014
Thank God you know now. I also discovered last year,nd since then,my perception about God,creation nd purpose of existence has changed. I'm forever grateful to God because d trajectory of my life experience has taken a new turn in d pass 2 years...

(1) (Reply)

Moral Lesson For Ladies / Acquire Skills To Earn An Income - Build Your Own Jumia Or Konga - / REN MONEY (any Idea)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.