Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,544 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Interesting Facts About The Igbo People - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Interesting Facts About The Igbo People (66036 Views)

Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture / Interesting Facts About The Urhobo People Of Delta State / Common Beautiful Names From The Igbo Tribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by Gr8sage: 4:44pm On Jan 05, 2015
annurhaske:
All these are nothing but fucking lies.
PLS SIR, ENLIGHTEN ME.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by hahn(m): 4:44pm On Jan 05, 2015
LMAyedun:
Question: Why do Igbo people like Money soon much?

The same reason why Yorubas like collecting N20 from commuters for no reason, sitting idle claiming omo onile, doing tuale tuale.

16 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by Lachynos2k2(m): 4:45pm On Jan 05, 2015
muafrika:
As a bantu, am fascinated by Igbos who I believe are close relatives of our huge population. Now after readingthis informative article, I can draw even more similarities. For example, their love for peacefull existence(This is true upon the observation of the map of Africa, where wars and conflicts gradually reduce as one moves South and into greater concetration of Bantu communities), the physical features and the unique way of relating with strangers and accomodating even whole non-bantu communities that on several instances, took advantage of it to subdue them as with the Hutu/Tutsi Kingdom. Its however disappointing to discover that Igbos know very little about Bantu origins and their migration from the West of Africa.
pls educate me..where is bantu located.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 05, 2015
omonuan:

Arrant nonsense. The Igbo do not claim Delta. It is a truism that Igbo make up a substantial part of Delta state including the state capital Asaba. I am a proud Igbo from Delta. In fact, in the amorphous south South, the Igbo are the number tribe forget the other propaganda, in fact, the article forgot to mention the Igbo in Edo, Kogi and Bayelsa.

Igbo do not want to claim any body, they want to allowed to be themselves.
Im just quoting what the op said.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by Chigold101(m): 4:45pm On Jan 05, 2015
jingh:
do Igbo love fufu ?
Haaaaaaaaa mehn dem like am die

Shout out to all Igbo nairalanders.
Igbo kwenu !
Igbos do not love (fufu) akpu or mgbaduga etc...
Fufu is part of Igbo culture. Because Igboland is rich in cassava... Fufu is our life therefore anywhere u find an Igboman you will see fufu with either ofe ede, ofe onugbu, ofe owerri, ofe achala or ofe ora (oha, abubo) there.

9 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by Guyman02: 4:46pm On Jan 05, 2015
free2ryhme:

Interesting

You are a very BIG Hediot for quoting the whole article just to write Interesting.

4 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 05, 2015
LMAyedun:
You are so dumb, daft & dull.. I asked a simple question & you are throwing bad words. Foo.lish illiterate.
its only a foolish illiterate will ask such a dump question!!!oya hide your face in shame

3 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 05, 2015
LMAyedun:
Question: Why do Igbo people like Money soon much?

Since your tribe does not like money, I pray that God reward the Igbo with money and deny all those that claim that only Igbo love money. May this 2015 bring more money to the Igbo and pauperize those Nigerians that falsely claim they do not love money. All my Igbo brothers let me hear an Igbotic Amen!

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by jingh(f): 4:52pm On Jan 05, 2015
Chigold101:
Igbos do not love (fufu) akpu or mgbaduga etc...
Fufu is part of Igbo culture. Because Igboland is rich in cassava... Fufu is our life therefore anywhere u find an Igboman you will see fufu with either ofe ede, ofe onugbu, ofe owerri, ofe achala or ofe ora (oha, abubo) there.
is dere a different between our word ? or you re high on raw cassava ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by hensben(m): 4:52pm On Jan 05, 2015
kellystech:
you quoted the whole text just to write interesting, you really need to see tb Joshua

Back to the mata, why do u guys (ibos) always claim whats not yours. The ikwerres have always said the are not part of u even from the time of our fore fathers and you guys keep insisting, are you guys claiming the people as yours or the reproductive nature of their habitats (land, oil etc) cos all my life I've known ibos to be greedy.now come to think of this, the edos have similarities in culture to the yorubas but I've not seen them laying claim to the edos.for crying out loud we are all nigerians and there will be similarities in culture but that does not make me one of ur tribe
OYEL is the reason hehe

3 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by itsValo(m): 4:54pm On Jan 05, 2015
omo this post to long...... igbo kwenu
Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by Lachynos2k2(m): 4:55pm On Jan 05, 2015
omonuan:

Since your tribe do not like money, I pray that God reward the Igbo with money and deny all those that claim that only Igbo love money. May this 2015 bring more money to the Igbo and pauperize those Nigerians that falsely claim they do not love money. All my Igbo brothers let me hear an Igbotic Amen!
iseeeeeee!

8 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by AnanseK(m): 4:56pm On Jan 05, 2015
Is it true that all Igbo's have criminal genes?

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 05, 2015
1shortblackboy:
Did any of u guys sEe part where d writer said some igbo slaves walked on water back to Afica. Was he being serious or joking ?
minimise your weeds taking, ok?

3 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by BERNHARDT(m): 4:56pm On Jan 05, 2015
THE IGBO ARE THE ONLY TRIBE SOME COMPANIES EMPLOY HERE IN EUROPE BECAUSE THEY WORK HARD AND MAKES MORE PROFIT FOR BOTH COMPANY AND THEMSELVES, WE LOVE THEM HERE,AND OUR GIRLS AND WOMEN EVEN NOW PREFER IGBOS THAN US AS THEY SAY IGBOS ARE ALSO BEST IN SATISFYING THEM,GOD BLESSED THE IGBOS IN ALL WAYS ROUND.

15 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jan 05, 2015
kellystech:
you quoted the whole text just to write interesting, you really need to see tb Joshua

Back to the mata, why do u guys (ibos) always claim whats not yours. The ikwerres have always said the are not part of u even from the time of our fore fathers and you guys keep insisting, are you guys claiming the people as yours or the reproductive nature of their habitats (land, oil etc) cos all my life I've known ibos to be greedy.now come to think of this, the edos have similarities in culture to the yorubas but I've not seen them laying claim to the edos.for crying out loud we are all nigerians and there will be similarities in culture but that does not make me one of ur tribe
that is what your father told you because of politics.
When an ikwere man speak i can hear him perfectly. They speak pure igbo.even their names
chibuikem : God is my strength.
Amechi:who knows tomorrow.
Emenike: Dont do it by force.
Eke: Strength.
And sooo more ,bro its not culture similarity you all are the descendants from the igbo nation. Even your streets are namrd after igbos

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by Aldrickay: 5:01pm On Jan 05, 2015
This is to tell u how nigerians and oda parts of the world hate the igbos.
You pple are nt good pple and u know it.

Take Note: der are no igbos in rivers state if u dnt know.

I am an ikwerre man. In rivers state the ogbas,ekpeye and etche u call igbos are nt igbos.

Ikwerre people organisation (also know as Ogbakor ikwerre) was established before "igbo people organisation" (Also known as Ohaeze Ndi"igbo) if you dnt know.

If ikwerres were igbos anwers dese few questns.
1. Why did the ikwerres refuse to giv u igbos ur property wen u pple returned bak to port harcourt after d biafra war.
2. Why was Ikwerre people organisation (ogbakor ikwerre) established b4 igbo peoples organisation?
3. If ikwerre was igbos why is our tradittion diff frm d igbo tradition?
4. In ikwerre we call the igbos "osoma" meaning Labourers, why so, igbos ans dis.
5. If ikwerres are igbo we do sum ikwerre dnt sell land nd dnt get married to the igbos.

Mr writter u ar stupid for rewriting my history, and God will purnish u 4 dat.

We ikwerre hv neva nd cn neva b igbo.

Port harcourt is Ikwerre land and not IGBO. Read d full history of ikwerre here: http://iwhnurohna..com/2012/11/a-brief-history-of-ikwerre.html

6 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by Ahmeduana(m): 5:01pm On Jan 05, 2015
free2ryhme:

Interesting
ORIGINAL were!
Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 05, 2015
This people don come again.

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by Deltagiant: 5:04pm On Jan 05, 2015
omonuan:

Since your tribe do not like money, I pray that God reward the Igbo with money and deny all those that claim that only Igbo love money. May this 2015 bring more money to the Igbo and pauperize those Nigerians that falsely claim they do not love money. All my Igbo brothers let me hear an Igbotic Amen!

Igbotic Amenoooooooooooooo!
Iseooooooooooo!

May God impoverish them well welloooo!

4 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by seedorfg(m): 5:05pm On Jan 05, 2015
Why are the ibo like beaten there chest why do ibo body ( man,woman) full of hair like monkey

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by swezenberg(m): 5:07pm On Jan 05, 2015
omonuan:

Arrant nonsense. The Igbo do not claim Delta. It is a truism that Igbo make up a substantial part of Delta state including the state capital Asaba. I am a proud Igbo from Delta. In fact, in the amorphous south South, the Igbo are the number tribe forget the other propaganda, in fact, the article forgot to mention the Igbo in Edo, Kogi and Bayelsa.

Igbo do not want to claim any body, they want to allowed to be themselves.

So yorubas can now claim Delta and Edo too because they have ishekiris and lots of Edo people bearing Yoruba names. They can even claim part of Kogi and Kwara too by this article because they are well represented there.

This is where the problem is. The fact you were allowed to reside, execute your biz in a strange land does not give you claim to those lands else you will be asking for trouble. You will only be showing ingratitude towards your hosts' hospitality

You really need to convince me better not with this write up

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by milly96(f): 5:09pm On Jan 05, 2015
seedorfg:
Why are the ibo like beaten there chest why do ibo body ( man,woman) full of hair like monkey
ogini k'ina iko du?
Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by criuze(m): 5:11pm On Jan 05, 2015
Odee, idere oma, ibu ezigbo Nwafor Igbo

#lovelyIgbos# sweet to be
Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by Deltagiant: 5:12pm On Jan 05, 2015
swezenberg:

So yorubas can now claim Delta and Edo too because they have ishekiris and lots of Edo people bearing Yoruba names. They can even claim part of Kogi and Kwara too by this article because they are well represented there.

This is where the problem is. The fact you were allowed to reside, execute your biz in a strange land does not give you claim to those lands else you will be asking for trouble. You will only be showing ingratitude towards your hosts' hospitality

You really need to convince me better not with this write up

I'm not surprise. Product of free education. So in your imagination, an Asaba man is what an Itshekiri is to the Yoruba?

4 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by Lucky77: 5:12pm On Jan 05, 2015
ANAMBRA11:
Mtsshew ! this is not the issue at hand -
[size=48pt] buhari show
us your
certificate now!!![/size]
You have already displayed it, what else are you asking for.
You see what confusion have done to your brain for been too much a JonaTANanian.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by Harmvirus(f): 5:15pm On Jan 05, 2015
Very educating.. #ProudlyIgbo
Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by Arogba: 5:16pm On Jan 05, 2015
Chiwude:

Question: Is Southeast and Igboland the same thing?

Answer: Not at all. Southeast is only about 3/5th of Igboland. Igboland covers the whole of Southeast, parts of Rivers, Delta, Benue, and Akwa Ibom states.

Igboland Benue? Very wrong and misleading! Rather, its the other way round. All northern igbos are descendants of Igala and the Idomas!
Anambra is not a homogeneous Igbo state and so is Enugu state too. Attama, Onochie, Okolo etc are not Igbo names.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by swezenberg(m): 5:16pm On Jan 05, 2015
Deltagiant:

I'm not surprise. Product of free education. So in your imagination, an Asaba man is what an Itshekiri is to the Yoruba?

Go and play with toys. I did not quote you or referred to you. I need intelligent response from adults not kids who can't think of anything but insults on their fathers.

My free education brought me here to rub shoulders with the most intelligent on earth. What has your paid education earned you.

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About The Igbo People by Deltagiant: 5:19pm On Jan 05, 2015
Aldrickay:
This is to tell u how nigerians and oda parts of the world hate the igbos.
You pple are nt good pple and u know it.

Take Note: der are no igbos in rivers state if u dnt know.

I am an ikwerre man. In rivers state the ogbas,ekpeye and etche u call igbos are nt igbos.

Ikwerre people organisation (also know as Ogbakor ikwerre) was established before "igbo people organisation" (Also known as Ohaeze Ndi"igbo) if you dnt know.

If ikwerres were igbos anwers dese few questns.
1. Why did the ikwerres refuse to giv u igbos ur property wen u pple returned bak to port harcourt after d biafra war.
2. Why was Ikwerre people organisation (ogbakor ikwerre) established b4 igbo peoples organisation?
3. If ikwerre was igbos why is our tradittion diff frm d igbo tradition?
4. In ikwerre we call the igbos "osoma" meaning Labourers, why so, igbos ans dis.
5. If ikwerres are igbo we do sum ikwerre dnt sell land nd dnt get married to the igbos.

Mr writter u ar stupid for rewriting my history, and God will purnish u 4 dat.

We ikwerre hv neva nd cn neva b igbo.

Port harcourt is Ikwerre land and not IGBO. Read d full history of ikwerre here: http://iwhnurohna..com/2012/11/a-brief-history-of-ikwerre.html

You're points are worthless. You're not convincing, Mr man. What does iwhnurohna stand for in 'ikwerre' that makes it different from Igbo - Ihuruoha. Tell Nigerians here?

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Kayanmata: What I Observed At Abuja International Tradefair / The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US / Emir Of Kano, Ado Bayero To Marry Ex-Girlfriend, Hajiyayye (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.