Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Job And Kid - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Job And Kid (1313 Views)

Please, Have You Seen This Kid? / Kid Looking At His Parents Kissing: Caption This Picture / Little Kid Peeping At Her Aunt's Panties (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job And Kid by Nobody: 11:58pm On Oct 31, 2014
am a single mum wit a kid looking for a job. i leave at ikorodu and i av been getting job interview invites on the island but because of no one to take care of my baby and lateness back home if i eventually get the job, i am reluctant to go for it.besides there ar no much job opportunities here in ikorodu and i relly nid to work and earn a means of livelyhood but how do i go about my kid since there ar no 24hours day care services close to my area.

my mum is saying d distance to the island is far in which i av to consider traffic to and fro ikorodu with getting home early to pick up my baby nd besides leaving her with someone around might not be convinient and safe.

note that my mum works from 8-7pm at berger and she leaves home early and comes back very late due to traffic.

what would u suggest i do?
thanks
Re: Job And Kid by Nobody: 12:00am On Nov 01, 2014
Manage...strive...believeing that all will be well soon..through prayer and perseverance
Re: Job And Kid by uboma(m): 5:52am On Nov 01, 2014
@op, how old is your child? have you considered teaching in a school? You could enrol your child in the day care section of the same school where you work. Teaching isnt time demanding, by 2pm or so you would have closed for the day and still have ample time to bond with your child.

Single mums around the world, i raise my hat for you all. Its not easy... May the Good Lord see you through your hustle

4 Likes

Re: Job And Kid by esmeralda1(f): 6:19am On Nov 01, 2014
What i think is dat wen u start d work look for a daycare close to ur office,but getting a job in d island means u will av to pay alot on daycare service.
Re: Job And Kid by simplyOJ(m): 6:44am On Nov 01, 2014
This indeed is quite challenging. The one possible option now is if your mom can help arrange for a daughter of a relation of yours for the mean time who may be idling away in the village.
Re: Job And Kid by Nobody: 7:07am On Nov 01, 2014
uboma:
@op, how old is your child? have you considered teaching in a school? You could enrol your child in the day care section of the same school where you work. Teaching isnt time demanding, by 2pm or so you would have closed for the day and still have ample time to bond with your child.

Single mums around the world, i raise my hat for you all. Its not easy... May the Good Lord see you through your hustle
Re: Job And Kid by Nobody: 7:11am On Nov 01, 2014
uboma:

the schools i cheked have alredy employed their staff during the holidays. they dont pay well and most of them dont have any space i can fit in.

my baby wil be 2yrs by december and she wil be starting school by january
Re: Job And Kid by Nobody: 7:15am On Nov 01, 2014
simplyOJ:
This indeed is quite challenging. The one possible option now is if your mom can help arrange for a daughter of a relation of yours for the mean time who may be idling away in the village.

tanks.
the issue is we dont travel to the village.all my aunties and uncles are based here and am the first oldest grandchild .my other cousins and relatives are stil very young and in school.

asides from that leaving my child wit a distant relative we ar not close to is not too safe because we dont know much about them.
Re: Job And Kid by Nobody: 7:19am On Nov 01, 2014
esmeralda1:
What i think is dat wen u start d work look for a daycare close to ur office,but getting a job in d island means u will av to pay alot on daycare service.

even if i have to work on the island it means the pay has to be reasonable if not being paid 30k for a job on the island is as good as voluntary work coz all is going to transport.so its not wort it xcept i get a bank job
Re: Job And Kid by uboma(m): 8:06am On Nov 01, 2014
ephee:

the schools i cheked have alredy employed their staff during the holidays. they dont pay well and most of them dont have any space i can fit in.

my baby wil be 2yrs by december and she wil be starting school by january

You cant get a well paying job and still have time for your child. The two dont go hand in hand. You will have to choose one. The choice is entirely yours to make.
Re: Job And Kid by esmeralda1(f): 5:16pm On Nov 01, 2014
ephee:

even if i have to work on the island it means the pay has to be reasonable if not being paid 30k for a job on the island is as good as voluntary work coz all is going to transport.so its not wort it xcept i get a bank job
30k? Thats too small for a person living in Ikorodu as urself i think u should get one close to d house.
Re: Job And Kid by Chartey(m): 9:25am On Dec 13, 2014
I've gone through your profile and all your topics Ephee. I'm happy you got Aisha's gift. I understand a lot of what you're going through. Please don't resent your mom. You can contact me for some few words of advice if you wish.
Re: Job And Kid by Kemmy210(f): 11:31am On Dec 13, 2014
My dear sis,try 2get teaching job for now as someone advised earlier,am also living here in ikorodu,managing private sch teaching job 4now because of my baby(just 7mths),there are some schs dat will employ more teachers in jan because of some staff dat will relocate dis dec,just try 2submit ur CV in some big private schs around u&expect response 4rm them.Best wishes
Re: Job And Kid by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 14, 2014
Chartey:
I've gone through your profile and all your topics Ephee. I'm happy you got Aisha's gift. I understand a lot of what you're going through. Please don't resent your mom. You can contact me for some few words of advice if you wish.

thank u chartey .av bin able to try and understand a lot of things and how to cope wit it.
aisha2 is a Godsent.plz thank her for me on my behalf.
Re: Job And Kid by sexybash(f): 11:37am On Dec 14, 2014
Thumbs up to you

(1) (Reply)

Gwarimpa Mosted Visited Store For Interior Decoration / Pictures Of Nairalander Traditional Marriage And Wedding. / Please What Gift Can I Buy For My Dad With #20,000?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.