Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates (28728 Views)

Do U Know The Abbreviations On Your Number Plates? / Frsc Faults Lagos Policy On Number Plate / Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates by AdeniyiA(m): 3:16pm On Nov 02, 2014
N I G E R I A :-... always looking for ways to collect and never give back to the masses.
i hail thee

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates by jerryjere(m): 4:03pm On Nov 02, 2014
colossus2:

Kudos to the judges and also the FRSC executives for expressing satisfaction.

Exactly the way it ought to be done. If it were to be some other parastatals, they won't accept the judgement. They would find means to extort cash from motorists.
like v i o
Re: Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates by Austin234(m): 5:00pm On Nov 02, 2014
I wish they will give us enof time b4 enforcement
Re: Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 02, 2014
candy:

No SWAG in exploitation, pulheeze. Why force us to change to new number plates? If there is any upgrading, FRSC should recall the old plates in exchange for new ones at NO COST. Not only is the new plate expensive, just like the Nigerian passport, if you want it on time, you have to rub palms!

My car carries the new number plate because it's a recent purchase, but my husband's car(not old school ride o) and the family van still carry the old. We will be forced to change if the judgement stays because we Nigerians don't have the nerve to fight the system. Very sad.
Pitty love, that's the way it is for now... heard they stated security reasons...
Just tell hubby to replace the numbers ehn and avoid those FRSC guys and the police this festive period. I did same too long time ago, why should I fight them? (Will I even win?).
If you guys can afford 3 cars in your family, replacing the numbers of 2 won't be a biggie for you.
I respect your sense of maturity though, not like some goats here in Nairaland
Re: Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates by Ryskey: 7:21pm On Nov 02, 2014
I wander when we nigerian will handle issues with maturity, why didn't they get rid of their old CLOTH if they eventually got a new one. Beside all the fingers are not equal.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 02, 2014
Gabbysky:

Pitty love, that's the way it is for now... heard they stated security reasons...
Just tell hubby to replace the numbers ehn and avoid those FRSC guys and the police this festive period. I did same too long time ago, why should I fight them? (Will I even win?).
If you guys can afford 3 cars in your family, replacing the numbers of 2 won't be a biggie for you.
I respect your sense of maturity though, not like some goats here in Nairaland
Yes, we will change to the new plates as we must abide by the rules, no matter how stupid they may be- till we start fighting for our rights.

Still looking for a buyer for the van though, getting the new number plate might be a loss for us angry
Re: Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates by NobleG1(m): 10:30pm On Nov 02, 2014
Bribes have exchanged hands.
Re: Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates by ican2020: 12:16am On Nov 03, 2014
hardbody:
We will fight this at the Supreme Court. By the time the SC delivers final judgment we would have gathered money to buy the number plates and license

Why not sell the veh to buy new number plate and license, hahahahah
Re: Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates by lastpage: 7:22am On Nov 03, 2014
Gabbysky:
Sincerely, I wonder how people feel driving a porsche car with an old plate number. Most car owners I know willingly changed their plate numbers not because they could afford it or in obedience to the law, but mostly because they didn't want to feel like old school and more so, the fact that the registration number is tied to your name for life just like ur mobile phone numbers.
I think there's a bit of SWAG in that.

You are all over this thread sounding like one of those "paid Sycophants"?
Maybe you are one really...judging from the putrid and puerile arguments you've been putting up.

So, that "metal plate" has now become an object of decoration in a vehicle? how stewpid can an argument get?
Pray tell us, how many years or months is someone with "SWAG" required to change the metal plates, after installing it from new?

Every two months? One year? Two? Three? shocked shocked shocked

For dolts like you, l have used a vehicle plate number for over ten years (I sold the vehicle and the new owner still uses the same plate) and it is still in pristine condition such that it has nothing to do with the value of the vehicle itself.

But then, when corruption makes the FRSC to produce plates that FADE OFF within three months of acquisition, why would arzewipes like you not come here to tell us that we need to change it every two months so that we can show "swag" like the under-age that you are

Mtchw.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Upturns Lagos Court Decision On Number Plates by tranxo(m): 2:51pm On Nov 03, 2014
colossus2:

Kudos to the judges and also the FRSC executives for expressing satisfaction.

Exactly the way it ought to be done. If it were to be some other parastatals, they won't accept the judgement. They would find means to extort cash from motorists.
Did even understand the judgement at all?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abia State Government Procures Innoson Vehicles For Security Operations(photos) / What Car Will You Suggest For A First Timer. / The Full Meaning Of Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.