Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

What 10 Countries Will Be World Military Powers By 2030? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / What 10 Countries Will Be World Military Powers By 2030? (11096 Views)

10 Countries That Are Number One For Terrible Things / Top 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Billionaires (in US$) in The World / European Countries Will Attack Africa Very Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What 10 Countries Will Be World Military Powers By 2030? by EVarn(m): 9:37am On Nov 01, 2014
can you predict the top 10 military superpowers in the next 15 years?,personally,the below list is my prediction:
China
Russia
USA
Germany
North Korea
UK
Isreal
South Korea
France
Japan.
What is your opinion?,will power change hands before 2030?,will military power shift from the west?,will NATO crumble?.render your opinion.
Re: What 10 Countries Will Be World Military Powers By 2030? by yuncka: 10:19am On Nov 01, 2014
Nigeria
Biafra
Bokorepublic

1 Like

Re: What 10 Countries Will Be World Military Powers By 2030? by EVarn(m): 10:25am On Nov 01, 2014
yuncka:
Nigeria
Biafra
Bokorepublic
of course we nigerians are known to be smart.but sadly,a few people still wallow in gross mediocrity,sad indeed.
Re: What 10 Countries Will Be World Military Powers By 2030? by Anezy(m): 5:35pm On Nov 03, 2014
USA
CHINA
RUSSIA
INDIA
FRANCE
IRAN
SOUTH KOREA
BRAZIL
GERMANY
ISRAEL

2 Likes

Re: What 10 Countries Will Be World Military Powers By 2030? by EVarn(m): 5:52pm On Nov 03, 2014
Anezy:
USA
CHINA
RUSSIA
INDIA
FRANCE
IRAN
SOUTH KOREA
BRAZIL
GERMANY
ISRAEL
brazil?,why brazil?,i would rather have gone for north korea or britain
Re: What 10 Countries Will Be World Military Powers By 2030? by OmoUSH(m): 7:13pm On Nov 03, 2014
If you talking MILLITARY, then you missing it altogether. Come 9030, The United States will still be the largest millitary on the planet. In the next 3 milleniums, Japan, China,Russia, France and Italy COMBINED can NEVER reach the might of America talkless of overt...what? C'mon, we talking of a nation that spends an annual over 65 percent of the world milliatry budget alone!!
Re: What 10 Countries Will Be World Military Powers By 2030? by EVarn(m): 7:40pm On Nov 03, 2014
OmoUaSH:
If you talking MILLITARY, then you missing it altogether. Come 9030, The United States will still be the largest millitary on the planet. In the next 3 milleniums, Japan, China,Russia, France and Italy COMBINED can NEVER reach the might of America talkless of overt...what? C'mon, we talking of a nation that spends an annual over 65 percent of the world milliatry budget alone!!
while that is possible,it is highly unlikely,you say the US military will be the mightiest on the planet,with almost 65% of the world's defence budget a year,but as the economy of other countries grow,the investment in science and tech increases,the military budget also grows.the US is currently spending such amount on military tech. because they have the biggest and strongest economy in the world,but with economical giants like china and japan rising fast,the US wouldnt enjoy top spot for long.
Re: What 10 Countries Will Be World Military Powers By 2030? by OmoUSH(m): 8:44pm On Nov 03, 2014
EVarn:
while that is possible,it is highly unlikely,you say the US military will be the mightiest on the planet,with almost 65% of the world's defence budget a year,but as the economy of other countries grow,the investment in science and tech increases,the military budget also grows.the US is currently spending such amount on military tech. because they have the biggest and strongest economy in the world,but with economical giants like china and japan rising fast,the US wouldnt enjoy top spot for long.
What are you even saying? No offense bro. I didn't say United States is GOING to be the largest millitary on the planet, with over 65 percent of the world annual millitary budget on their own millitary budget alone, rather i explained that AMERICA ALONE SPEND OVER 65 PERCENT OF THE WHOLE WORLD MILLITARY, AND IT IS IN FACT THE STRONGEST, LARGEST MILLITARY ON EARTH BY MILES! United States is not GOING TO, it has since WW1. So how can you ever expect any nation on earth to measure itself to their status even in the next hundred years, a nation that spends almost all what they have to advance their millitary??!? C'mon! The whole world out of 100 percent annual millitary budget only share like 35 percent while America spends the rest 65 percent!! Can't u read between the lines? Hence my conclusion that even in the next thousands of years Russia, China, Japan, France and Italy COMBINED can NEVER reach the millitary capability or expertise of The United States.

Moreover, America is still the world largest economy by far in term of GDP.
Re: What 10 Countries Will Be World Military Powers By 2030? by EVarn(m): 10:13pm On Nov 03, 2014
countries like china,japan,and germany have a GDP thats rising fast enough to meet america's,the US has reached its prime,while others have not even reached half of their potential.during WWII,no one believed germany would loose,under hitler,they were seen as invincible even to the extent that hitler named himself fuhrer,he was even almost made a god that his people worshipped and his enemy feared,yet what happened in the end?,germany collapsed.the great USSR once dominated the world,with powerful leaders like marx,lennin,and stalin,the soviet was 'the kingdom of persia',not even the western europeans dared to invade{until the allied forces was formed},yet in the end,USSR broke and shattered into many tiny insignificant pieces,today only russia hold any semblance of power in eastern europe.the thing is,superpowers rise and fall,no country can hold absolute power for long,its has always been like that since the rise of kingdoms and the spread of civilization.when the US reaches it climax,it must give way.
Re: What 10 Countries Will Be World Military Powers By 2030? by Missy89(f): 4:52am On Nov 04, 2014
EVarn:
brazil?,why brazil?,i would rather have gone for north korea or britain

Brazil sounds about right.
Re: What 10 Countries Will Be World Military Powers By 2030? by EVarn(m): 10:33am On Nov 04, 2014
Missy89:

Brazil sounds about right.
hmm...brazil hasnt been tested in any serious modern warfare{even nigeria have fought and is still fighting modern armed forces},they do not have nukes,though they have a semblance of military tech.,still will that be enough?
Re: What 10 Countries Will Be World Military Powers By 2030? by Missy89(f): 11:11am On Nov 04, 2014
EVarn:
hmm...brazil hasnt been tested in any serious modern warfare{even nigeria have fought and is still fighting modern armed forces},they do not have nukes,though they have a semblance of military tech.,still will that be enough?

Brazil is the largest economy and biggest military in south America. They are a huge emerging economy. Nukes doesn't necessarily make you a military superpower (Pakistan is an example) and don't even mention Nigeria in the same sentence. They also have a very robust local military industry (one of the few south american countries that produces fighter/utility jets ,helicopters and missiles)
Re: What 10 Countries Will Be World Military Powers By 2030? by EVarn(m): 11:52am On Nov 04, 2014
Missy89:

Brazil is the largest economy and biggest military in south America. They are a huge emerging economy. Nukes doesn't necessarily make you a military superpower (Pakistan is an example) and don't even mention Nigeria in the same sentence. They also have a very robust local military industry (one of the few south american countries that produces fighter/utility jets ,helicopters and missiles)
indeed..but my point is that,they havent been tested in any modern warfare,of course you cant compare nigeria with brazil,not yet at least...but many african and middle-eastern countries that have a weaker military force than brazil,still has more experience in modern warfare{thats why i sited nigeria as an example}.france has military numbers,economy,political power,nukes,tech and logistics but they have lost every modern warfare they ever fought!
Re: What 10 Countries Will Be World Military Powers By 2030? by Missy89(f): 12:07pm On Nov 04, 2014
EVarn:
indeed..but my point is that,they havent been tested in any modern warfare,of course you cant compare nigeria with brazil,not yet at least...but many african and middle-eastern countries that have a weaker military force than brazil,still has more experience in modern warfare{thats why i sited nigeria as an example}.france has military numbers,economy,political power,nukes,tech and logistics but they have lost every modern warfare they ever fought!

What modern warfare are you talking about? Post world war or pre world war?

The French military haven't lost any war since Vietnam (and technically, they didn't loose in Vietnam it was more of a political victory for the Vietnamese). They are usually in an alliance since then anyway. Military power is always measured by capabilities.(Military, political and industrial) Not by the numbers of battle won or lost.
Re: What 10 Countries Will Be World Military Powers By 2030? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 04, 2014
Missy89:

Emotional missy89, when are you going to stop running? Loool

You are soft! undecided

1 Like

Re: What 10 Countries Will Be World Military Powers By 2030? by Missy89(f): 1:09pm On Nov 04, 2014
SirShymex:

Emotional missy89, when are you going to stop running? Loool

You are soft! undecided

Running from who?

I fear no evil !
Re: What 10 Countries Will Be World Military Powers By 2030? by Centrifude(m): 1:10pm On Nov 04, 2014
I wouldn't put China as Number one, because they still rely on copied or stolen tech, China is just really good at taking other peoples tech and improving it, they haven't really reached that "innovative stage" yet, they have the largest but not the strongest defence force.

1 Like

Re: What 10 Countries Will Be World Military Powers By 2030? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 04, 2014
Missy89:

Running from who?

I fear no evil !

But you are scared of me lol.

Why do you always want me to kiss ya butt, when you still haven't shown me what it looks like? And whenever I try to put you in check, you always get emotional and shiit lol. Stop it!

You look like the type that will fall in love easily.
Re: What 10 Countries Will Be World Military Powers By 2030? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 04, 2014
I think Iran should be on that list and UK shouldn't be rated higher than Germany.

1 Like

Re: What 10 Countries Will Be World Military Powers By 2030? by EVarn(m): 1:22pm On Nov 04, 2014
Missy89:

What modern warfare are you talking about? Post world war or pre world war?

The French military haven't lost any war since Vietnam (and technically, they didn't loose in Vietnam it was more of a political victory for the Vietnamese). They are usually in an alliance since then anyway. Military power is always measured by capabilities.(Military, political and industrial) Not by the numbers of battle won or lost.

*napoleon?-he was defeated at waterloo
*the north african territories defeated the french troops to gain independence
*vietnam?-the french troops lost and ran out of vietnam.the americans came to big-boy,they were nearly defeated in the initial assault,south vietnam.
in all of history,france has never won any war except repelling the british invasion in the 17th century
Re: What 10 Countries Will Be World Military Powers By 2030? by Missy89(f): 1:24pm On Nov 04, 2014
SirShymex:

But you are scared of me lol.

Why do you always want me to kiss ya butt, when you still haven't shown me what it looks like? And whenever I try to put you in check, you always get emotional and shiit lol. Stop it!

You look like the type that will fall in love easily.

Don't flatter yourself.

Only if you know what i am capable of.

I have been reading your extreme views on the family section smh.
Re: What 10 Countries Will Be World Military Powers By 2030? by EVarn(m): 1:28pm On Nov 04, 2014
Centrifude:
I wouldn't put China as Number one, because they still rely on copied or stolen tech, China is just really good at taking other peoples tech and improving it, they haven't really reached that "innovative stage" yet, they have the largest but not the strongest defence force.
yet my friend,yet...if the chinese countries continue with this trend,they will achieve the innovative status.but i pray that countries like china or russia would not become the next world leader,they are dictorial in their principles,they would have no qualms wiping out a whole race off the planet if they feel 'threatened',the US is a lesser of two evils.
Re: What 10 Countries Will Be World Military Powers By 2030? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 04, 2014
Missy89:

Don't flatter yourself.

Only if you know what i am capable of.

I have been reading your extreme views on the family section smh.

Lol, I'm not flattering myself but it is always nice to see the softer side of people. And ever nice if the person has a thing for you but she is hiding it tongue

What are you capable of? You can't hurt me, can you? You just need to holla at ya boy and tell me all ya best kept secret lol.

And what extreme views are you alluding to?
Re: What 10 Countries Will Be World Military Powers By 2030? by EVarn(m): 1:33pm On Nov 04, 2014
Centrifude:
yet my friend,yet...if they continue with this trend,then they would sooner or later achieve the innovative status,but i just pray that countries like china or russia do not become the next world leaders,they are dictatorial in their principles,they wouldnt have any qualms wiping out a whole race from the face of the planet if they feel "threatened",the US is the lesser of two evils.

1 Like

Re: What 10 Countries Will Be World Military Powers By 2030? by Missy89(f): 1:48pm On Nov 04, 2014
EVarn:
*napoleon?-he was defeated at waterloo
*the north african territories defeated the french troops to gain independence
*vietnam?-the french troops lost and ran out of vietnam.the americans came to big-boy,they were nearly defeated in the initial assault,south vietnam.
in all of history,france has never won any war except repelling the british invasion in the 17th century

That is a bloody lie you pulled out of ur a55. If the french never won any battle, How did their empire got so big?

You are picking the battles that happened during the decline of the French Empire. Go and read about "Françafrique" The French policy towards their African colonies changed to a political and diplomatic one after the second world war and It is still in effect. and they still have military bases all over the continent. French troops left Vietnam because they did not get America's support at the latter stages of the conflict (pretty ironic that the Americans will go and die there as well) and the UN was no longer tolerating European imperialism. But yeah they were routed pretty well and disgraced.

They Fought and won the Third ,Fourth ,Fifth Coalition wars, Crimean war, Took Algeria, not to talk of IndoChina to name a few. and that's only in the 18th Century.
Re: What 10 Countries Will Be World Military Powers By 2030? by Missy89(f): 1:54pm On Nov 04, 2014
Centrifude:

Many people tend to equate China's huge population and growing economy to military superiority. They are still the only P5 member never to have conducted an operational patrol with a nuclear missile submarine and have no viable sea based nuclear deterrent. A technology that was mastered by the Americans and the soviets almost 50 years ago.
And the only great power never to have built an aircraft carrier. even they Japanese have been deploying these since the 30s
Re: What 10 Countries Will Be World Military Powers By 2030? by EVarn(m): 2:47pm On Nov 04, 2014
Missy89:

That is a bloody lie you pulled out of ur a55. If the french never won any battle, How did their empire got so big?
You are picking the battles that happened during the decline of the French Empire. Go and read about "Françafrique" The French policy towards their African colonies changed to a political and diplomatic one after the second world war and It is still in effect. and they still have military bases all over the continent. French troops left Vietnam because they did not get America's support at the latter stages of the conflict (pretty ironic that the Americans will go and die there as well) and the UN was no longer tolerating European imperialism. But yeah they were routed pretty well and disgraced.
They Fought and won the Third ,Fourth ,Fifth Coalition wars, Crimean war, Took Algeria, not to talk of IndoChina to name a few. and that's only in the 18th Century.
indeed,the french never had an empire,and they have never won any "MODERN WARFARE">>1700-2014
Re: What 10 Countries Will Be World Military Powers By 2030? by Missy89(f): 2:48pm On Nov 04, 2014
SirShymex:

Lol, I'm not flattering myself but it is always nice to see the softer side of people. And ever nice if the person has a thing for you but she is hiding it tongue

What are you capable of? You can't hurt me, can you? You just need to holla at ya boy and tell me all ya best kept secret lol.

And what extreme views are you alluding to?

calling women B1tches and grinning when you were talking about 50% of nairaland girls likely to have experienced molestation

A new low sad
Re: What 10 Countries Will Be World Military Powers By 2030? by Missy89(f): 2:49pm On Nov 04, 2014
EVarn:
indeed,the french never had an empire,and they have never won any "MODERN WARFARE">>1700-2014

I just pointed out the military victories in the 1800s and i was asking you. If they never had an empire , how come their political and military reach so vast
Re: What 10 Countries Will Be World Military Powers By 2030? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 04, 2014
Missy89:

calling women B1tches and grinning when you were talking about 50% of nairaland girls likely to have experienced molestation

A new low sad

Lol, that is just clowning around lol.

Why do you offended so easily?

1 Like

Re: What 10 Countries Will Be World Military Powers By 2030? by EVarn(m): 4:13pm On Nov 04, 2014
Missy89:

I just pointed out the military victories in the 1800s and i was asking you. If they never had an empire , how come their political and military reach so vast
have you ever heard of the france empire?,the french had a kingdom,not an empire,just like how the american,russian and german military and political reach are vast,yet they arent and havent ever been empires.
Re: What 10 Countries Will Be World Military Powers By 2030? by Missy89(f): 4:41am On Nov 05, 2014
EVarn:
have you ever heard of the france empire?,the french had a kingdom,not an empire,just like how the american,russian and german military and political reach are vast,yet they arent and havent ever been empires.

Now it is clear you have no idea what you are talking about

There was a French Empire Between 1804-1815, another one between 1852–1870, and the colonial empire in between those (1534–1980)

The German Empire between 1871–1918 (disbanded after the first world war)

Russian Empire (1721–1917) toppled by the Bolsheviks close the the end of the first world war.

(1) (2) (Reply)

ECOWAS Suspends Burkina Faso Following Coup / A Nigerian Male(25) To Marry A Male Vicar(65) - This Is Just Crazy! / Mauritania Dissolves 76 Political Parties For ‘Being Too Small’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.