Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,403 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Ten Questions To Theists - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ten Questions To Theists (10091 Views)

TEN QUESTIONS That Christians Can Never Answer / Why Do Atheists Always Debate Theists And God's Existence? / Abortion In Nigeria: Legality, Morality And The Fear Of God (theists, Deists) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten Questions To Theists by Pr0ton: 1:22pm On Nov 01, 2014
While most of the questions here are directly to the Christians, all are to those who believe in one God.

Q1. Don't you think that your faith is God's hope of existence, and when everyone loses his faith God dies and becomes inexistent?

Q2."...and on this rock will I build my church, and the gate of hell shall not prevail agaisnt it"..."No weapon that is formed against you shall prevail" why then does Boko Haram prevail against the Christians in the North?

Q.3 God, the omniscient, knew some men would fall and go to hell. Why didn't He just create the good ones and leave the bad ones if truly "He doesn't want any to perish"?

Q4. If God is perfect and makes no mistakes, why does He regret/repent frequently in the Bible?

Q5. If light and darkness can't exist why do good and evil exist?

Q6. "I desire mercy, not sarifice", Hosea 6:6, why did He still sacrifice His Son for our sins?

Q7. If the penalty for sin is eternal torment in hell, then did Jesus really pay the penalty for sin?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Questions To Theists by Pr0ton: 1:22pm On Nov 01, 2014
Q8. If God is Omnipresent doesn't that mean He exists in hell too?

Q9. If truly we have a freewill, the ability to make your own choice and decision, then how authentic is God's Omniscience?

Q10. Of what use is God's existence?

4 Likes

Re: Ten Questions To Theists by Aidy97(f): 1:25pm On Nov 01, 2014
When you get to the world beyond ask God

I just hope it wouldn't b too late den

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions To Theists by Pr0ton: 1:30pm On Nov 01, 2014
Aidy97:
When you get to the world beyond ask God

I just hope it wouldn't b too late den

Just doing the same thing Thomas did. I have the right to know everything before believeing smiley

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions To Theists by Giitheon(m): 1:35pm On Nov 01, 2014
God can't certainly decern for men...wen he created adam nd eve...he simply gave dem a choice...believe me broda God really exists nd to think he doesn't isn't reasonable.....even science can't give an accurate answer to hw d earth evolved...but if u tk a deeper luk around u even without reading d bible u'll understand dat complex humans lyk us didn't jst emerge frm beasts....hence God exists

3 Likes

Re: Ten Questions To Theists by Pr0ton: 1:50pm On Nov 01, 2014
Giitheon:
God can't certainly decern for men...wen he created adam nd eve...he simply gave dem a choice...believe me broda God really exists nd to think he doesn't isn't reasonable.....even science can't give an accurate answer to hw d earth evolved...but if u tk a deeper luk around u even without reading d bible u'll understand dat complex humans lyk us didn't jst emerge frm beasts....hence God exists

He actually gave them a destructive choice. He knew they would make the wrong choice but yet made then go ahead. Isn't God responsible for the functioning of human brain? What did Adam and Eve use to make their choice? their brain, who created the brain? God, and therefore the root of their fall.

Why should I take my incomplete knowledge of how I and the earth evolved as a proof for God's existence?

2 Likes

Re: Ten Questions To Theists by Giitheon(m): 2:07pm On Nov 01, 2014
Pr0ton:

He actually gave them a destructive choice. He knew they would make the wrong choice but yet made then go ahead. Isn't God responsible for the functioning of human brain? What did Adam and Eve use to make their choice? their brain, who created the brain? God, and therefore the root of their fall.

Why should I take my incomplete knowledge of how I and the earth evolved as a proof for God's existence?
my brother,yes God is responsible 4 d creation of d brain,but God cannot help dem mk choices.. lets luk at it frm dis perspective ...God simply allowed it, he never programmed us to do gud....God is nt responsible 4 d terror we face on earth 2day...we are..GOD simply allowed it bro
Re: Ten Questions To Theists by plaetton: 2:34pm On Nov 01, 2014
Giitheon:
my brother,yes God is responsible 4 d creation of d brain,but God cannot help dem mk choices.. lets luk at it frm dis perspective ...God simply allowed it, he never programmed us to do gud....God is nt responsible 4 d terror we face on earth 2day...we are..GOD simply allowed it bro

This is not true.
In the bible, god is known to have made choices for people.
For example. In Genesis or Exodus, can't remember which , god supposedly hardened the heart of pharaoh in order that he may use it to destroy him.
This is remarkable. God made Pharaoh to make a bad choice, a choice that god now used as excuse to punish same Pharaoh.
This is the best biblical evidence that free will is not free.
Somewhere else in the bible, god also says" is there no evil in the land that the Lord has not done it".
This implies that the Lord is the author and architect of all evil in the hearts and minds of men.
Where is the freewill to do good when the lord overrides and hardens your heart towards evil?

Please answer.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Questions To Theists by Idrismusty97(m): 2:40pm On Nov 01, 2014
plaetton:

This is not true.
For example. In Genesis or Exodus, can't remember which , god supposedly hardened the heart of pharaoh in order that he may use it to destroy him.
This is remarkable. God made Pharaoh to make a bad choice, a choice that god now used as excuse to punish same Pharaoh.
Somewhere else in the bible, god also says" is there no evil in the land that the Lord has not done it".
This implies that the Lord is the author and architect of all evil in the hearts and minds of men.
Where is the freewill to do good when the lord overrides and hardens your heart towards evil?

Please answer.
Here it is smiley ;
Exodus 9:12
But the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart and he would not listen to Moses and Aaron, just as the LORD had said to Moses.

lovely questions Pr0ton.

2 Likes

Re: Ten Questions To Theists by plaetton: 2:41pm On Nov 01, 2014
Idrismusty97:
Here it is smiley ;
But the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart and he would not listen to Moses and Aaron, just as the LORD had said to Moses.

lovely questions Pr0ton.

Thanks.
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ten Questions To Theists by Giitheon(m): 2:55pm On Nov 01, 2014
plaetton:

This is not true.

Please answer.
yea lyk u said he supposed harden pharoe's heart in oda 2 punish im...God never forced im 2 mk a choice,God simple hardend his heart in oda 2 prolong his suffering and to prove he is the Almighty by d signs nd wonders he wrought in egypt,afterall pharoe wsn't ready 2 realease God's pipu.......talk abt job...nw tel me,did God hv a hand in job's"being a good man"?...No!job md a choice to do wat is right nd so he did. .

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions To Theists by plaetton: 3:01pm On Nov 01, 2014
Giitheon:
yea lyk u said he supposed harden pharoe's heart in oda 2 punish im...God never forced im 2 mk a choice,God simple hardend his heart in oda 2 prolong his suffering and to prove he is the Almighty by d signs nd wonders he wrought in egypt,afterall pharoe wsn't ready 2 realease God's pipu.......talk abt job...nw tel me,did God hv a hand in job's"being a good man"?...No!job md a choice to do wat is right nd so he did. .

With all due respect, this is one of the silliest things I have read all week, and might set a record for this entire new month.

" god only hardened his heart but did not force him to make choice" ?.

Na waaaaaa?

I can't believe that cognitive dissonance has engulfed you this early into the thread.

4 Likes

Re: Ten Questions To Theists by Pr0ton: 3:11pm On Nov 01, 2014
Giitheon:

If GOD simply allowed it why does He blame us then?

He never programmed us to be good yet says, "without holiness no one shall see him". He is excepting the impossible from us yet will throw us into hell if we don't turn up.

If your saying God is not responsible for the terror we face then you contradict yourself and don't even understand what your saying.

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions To Theists by Pr0ton: 3:14pm On Nov 01, 2014
Idrismusty97:
Here it is smiley ;

lovely questions Pr0ton.

I sight you bro smiley

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions To Theists by Giitheon(m): 3:15pm On Nov 01, 2014
plaetton:

With all due respect, this is one of the silliest things I have read all week, and might set a record for this entire new month.
" god only hardened his heart but did not force him to make choice".
Na waaaaaa?

I can't believe that cognitive dissonance has engulfed you this early into the thread.
well,my view point might seem unrealistic....bt my conclussion still is,GOD isn't by any means d cause of our prblms...we r...ur approach mks me feel dat u r n atheist....i respect ur view,bt d truth is God's kingdom promises a better life....wer only doz wu believe in chris wuld lives.....
Re: Ten Questions To Theists by Giitheon(m): 3:22pm On Nov 01, 2014
Pr0ton:

If GOD simply allowed it why does He blame us then?

He never programmed us to be good yet says, "without holiness no one shall see him". He is excepting the impossible from us yet will throw us into hell if we don't turn up.

If your saying God is not responsible for the terror we face then you contradict yourself and don't even understand what your saying.
remember job......God allowed it so he can finally create a world wer only doz dat r obedient wuld live in......its as simple as dat..
Re: Ten Questions To Theists by Pr0ton: 3:37pm On Nov 01, 2014
Giitheon:
remember job......God allowed it so he can finally create a world wer only doz dat r obedient wuld live in......its as simple as dat..

Job is far different from Adam and Eve. Remember the origin of sin and suffering trace back to Adam and Eve. And also, God should have created that type of world in the beginning instead of letting millions of souls run the risk of "hell"

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions To Theists by plaetton: 3:56pm On Nov 01, 2014
Giitheon:
well,my view point might seem unrealistic....bt my conclussion still is,GOD isn't by any means d cause of our prblms...we r...ur approach mks me feel dat u r n atheist....i respect ur view,bt d truth is God's kingdom promises a better life....wer only doz wu believe in chris wuld lives.....

Try to think about this for a second.

Your omnipotent and omniscient god creates a chaotic world for you, a sort of turbulent ocean, buts asks you to swim well and steadfastly because a paradise island, a paradise kingdom is waiting for you on the far horizon, if you manage not to drown in this turbulent ocean he has created for you.
Is that your position?
If so, does that make god even sensible?

2 Likes

Re: Ten Questions To Theists by Giitheon(m): 4:38pm On Nov 01, 2014
Pr0ton:

Job is far different from Adam and Eve. Remember the origin of sin and suffering trace back to Adam and Eve. And also, God should have created that type of world in the beginning instead of letting millions of souls run the risk of "hell"
God is God...d bible says "the ways of d Lord are not our ways neither his thoughts our thought..as the heaven is higher than d earth,so r the thoughts of God higher dan man's"....u cn't qtns God's deeds
Re: Ten Questions To Theists by Giitheon(m): 4:41pm On Nov 01, 2014
Pr0ton:

job is not diffrnt frm adam...dey r same flesh....luk at it dis way,xo u mean God wuld hv jst made us like robbots ryt?....if n angel can rebel[lucifar] den hw much more mere men.....
Re: Ten Questions To Theists by Pr0ton: 5:13pm On Nov 01, 2014
Giitheon:
God is God...d bible says "the ways of d Lord are not our ways neither his thoughts our thought..as the heaven is higher than d earth,so r the thoughts of God higher dan man's"....u cn't qtns God's deeds

So now you see the insanity in God's actions, but you can't question him.

That's stupidity brother cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ten Questions To Theists by Idrismusty97(m): 5:27pm On Nov 01, 2014
↑↑↑ LOL! He is proudly telling us god is a tyrant...Take it or leave it wink.

3 Likes

Re: Ten Questions To Theists by macof(m): 5:35pm On Nov 01, 2014
Giitheon:
So is it christianity that gives an accurate answer to the origins of the world?
Re: Ten Questions To Theists by macof(m): 5:36pm On Nov 01, 2014
Giitheon:

God knows you would lose your only child but allows it to make u suffer
Then he is evil
Re: Ten Questions To Theists by macof(m): 5:38pm On Nov 01, 2014
Giitheon:

Lmao grin I can't believe this. You are jst so dumb I tell u
Does the bold even make sense to u?
Re: Ten Questions To Theists by Giitheon(m): 5:44pm On Nov 01, 2014
macof:

God knows you would lose your only child but allows it to make u suffer
Then he is evil
wat brought abt death in2 d world initially? Its sin....d first men on earth sinned nd passed it down 2 al his generation...hence we die....i too loose loved one's,bt dats nt enough reason 4 me to tink he is evil...afterall men caused it.
Re: Ten Questions To Theists by Giitheon(m): 5:46pm On Nov 01, 2014
macof:

So is it christianity that gives an accurate answer to the origins of the world?
yes....GEN 1:1.
Re: Ten Questions To Theists by Giitheon(m): 5:53pm On Nov 01, 2014
Pr0ton:

So now you see the insanity in God's actions, but you can't question him.

That's stupidity brother cheesy
no man curses God nd live bro,bt Jesus' death is wat has brought abt d mercies dat u r enjoying......bro,derz ntn blessed dan serving God...i am happy nd proud 2 b his son...nd i hv a hope of salvation..accept Christ bro nd enjoy wat i am enjoying..PEACE beyond mans undastanding...GOD loves u even tho u dnt...
Re: Ten Questions To Theists by Giitheon(m): 5:56pm On Nov 01, 2014
macof:

Lmao grin I can't believe this. You are jst so dumb I tell u
Does the bold even make sense to u?
owk bro,leme allw u,nw tell me,wat makes sense 2 u??
Re: Ten Questions To Theists by plaetton: 6:21pm On Nov 01, 2014
Giitheon:
wat brought abt death in2 d world initially? Its sin....d first men on earth sinned nd passed it down 2 al his generation...hence we die....i too loose loved one's,bt dats nt enough reason 4 me to tink he is evil...afterall men caused it.

The problem with arguing with your type is that there is no way to refute you without seeming to insult you, with the kindergarten reasoning that is so common to your lot.

Life cannot exist without death. All that lives must eventually die.
So, it is silly to say sin brought about death in the world.

As long as human are made of dividing cells made of organic materials, death is part of life.

Only unintelligent people would believe that humans were created to physically live forever.
Re: Ten Questions To Theists by Pr0ton: 6:22pm On Nov 01, 2014
Giitheon:
job is not diffrnt frm adam...dey r same flesh....luk at it dis way,xo u mean God wuld hv jst made us like robbots ryt?....if n angel can rebel[lucifar] den hw much more mere men.....

Your arguing out of point bro... Replying you would make me start all over again.
Re: Ten Questions To Theists by Pr0ton: 6:28pm On Nov 01, 2014
Giitheon:
no man curses God nd live bro,bt Jesus' death is wat has brought abt d mercies dat u r enjoying......bro,derz ntn blessed dan serving God...i am happy nd proud 2 b his son...nd i hv a hope of salvation..accept Christ bro nd enjoy wat i am enjoying..PEACE beyond mans undastanding...GOD loves u even tho u dnt...

boring

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hello Heathens! / See The Country Where Garden Of Eden Is Located... (photos) / Death To The INFIDELS -Dr. Aderemi Akin [pics]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.