Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,557 members, 7,958,733 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:50 PM

I Have Not Had Sex Since The Death Of My Husband In 1984 – Iya Rainbow - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Have Not Had Sex Since The Death Of My Husband In 1984 – Iya Rainbow (4218 Views)

Comedian Bovi And His Mother In 1984 / I Am Dying, I’ve Not Had Sex Since 5 Months Said By Chika Ike (read The Shock St / Rihanna’s Shocking Confession — No Sex Since Chris Brown? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Not Had Sex Since The Death Of My Husband In 1984 – Iya Rainbow by mgixtnews: 2:10pm On Nov 01, 2014
This post was copied from www.mgixt.com, No.1
naija social network to find friends nearby and
meet people that matters in career, job and
educational opportunities >>> www.mgixt.com

Veteran Nollywood actress, Idowu Phillips
popularly known as Iya Rainbow in a recent
interview with Punch opens up on how life has
been since the death of her husband in 1984.

Veteran Actress, Idowu Phillips aka Iya
Rainbow
The top actress, Iya Rainbow said:

“I didn’t re-marry
because many men are liars and I don’t like that.
They come to your house, feel comfortable, you
cook for them and probably have sex with them and
then they say ‘I would see you tomorrow,’ but you
will never see them again. I don’t like that. It is better
for someone to carry one’s cross. It is just that it is
not easy to raise children.

I advise widows to walk in my footsteps, I know it is
not easy not to re-marry but with prayers, God
would help them. For instance, if I had re-married, I
probably would have had other children and I would
be the one to see them through school at my old
age and the man might even leave me. I thought
about all these and I decided to face parenthood.”

The 72-year-old Lagos born actress, who has spent
45 years on stage lost her husband in 1984 after
battling with a sickness for about two and a half.
Iya Rainbow also said although she gets suitors, they
end up running away once they see the number of
her children.

Speaking on if she hasn’t had sex since the death of
her husband said:

“Then, I did not even remember that I am a woman.
I pray no one goes through what I went through.
Then, the only time I remembered that I am a
woman was when I wanted to ease myself. husband
to me”.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Not Had Sex Since The Death Of My Husband In 1984 – Iya Rainbow by Obinoscopy(m): 2:12pm On Nov 01, 2014
Yimu grin

1 Like

Re: I Have Not Had Sex Since The Death Of My Husband In 1984 – Iya Rainbow by Princecalm(m): 2:14pm On Nov 01, 2014
If i.....*closes mouth*
Re: I Have Not Had Sex Since The Death Of My Husband In 1984 – Iya Rainbow by davdandam(m): 2:31pm On Nov 01, 2014
Kai
Re: I Have Not Had Sex Since The Death Of My Husband In 1984 – Iya Rainbow by TDonald: 2:39pm On Nov 01, 2014
Congratulations to U..... Ur place in hell is a 3bedroom flat for denying ur self for 30 whole years

1 Like

Re: I Have Not Had Sex Since The Death Of My Husband In 1984 – Iya Rainbow by rawpadgin(m): 3:02pm On Nov 01, 2014
sorry mama, this statement clearly shows that u had s*x after papa joined his ancestors

"They come to your house, feel comfortable, you
cook for them and probably have SEX with them"

3 Likes

Re: I Have Not Had Sex Since The Death Of My Husband In 1984 – Iya Rainbow by danizy(m): 3:08pm On Nov 01, 2014
sad ;Dwait I will Bleep u to no d truth
no sense
Re: I Have Not Had Sex Since The Death Of My Husband In 1984 – Iya Rainbow by danizy(m): 3:09pm On Nov 01, 2014
TDonald:
Congratulations to U..... Ur place in hell is a 3bedroom flat for denying ur self for 30 whole years
wat are u saying

2 Likes

Re: I Have Not Had Sex Since The Death Of My Husband In 1984 – Iya Rainbow by obezaleel(m): 4:21pm On Nov 01, 2014
U don't remarry,bt u dey have sex........
Re: I Have Not Had Sex Since The Death Of My Husband In 1984 – Iya Rainbow by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 01, 2014
rawpadgin:
sorry mama, this statement clearly shows that u had s*x after papa joined his ancestors

You should have read further, the another part that says

“Then, I did not even remember that I am a woman. I pray no one goes through what I went through. Then, the only time I remembered that I am a woman was when I wanted to ease myself.
At the bolded, she might not be thinking of sex else having sexual feelings/urge. Stress has been establsihed as a great factor to lower sex drive and ejulation related problems. Now think of frustration plus stress then you will understand what she met by that statement and will make a re-sounding amen to the prayer that follows.

And the her word that you quoted might her view generally on men while she might have been making them comfortable and cooking for them in her house, the " probably have sex with them" statement MIGHT be added for generality sake. Logically the question that preceeded that answer was that "why didn't you re-marry after you late husband death" so she answer with generality of what men behaviour are as a reason of not re-marrying. And when she was as whether she meant that she hadn't had sex with anyone (I knew the interviewer purposely ask the question based on the previous answer), her answer suggested that she has not and has never think of it that time due to frustration and stress and now that there is no stress/frustration she discovered that all her suitors are either deceivers or ran away because of her children.

Read full interview here: http://www.punchng.com/feature/life-times/suitors-ran-away-when-they-saw-my-children-iya-rainbow/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Not Had Sex Since The Death Of My Husband In 1984 – Iya Rainbow by free2ryhme: 4:43pm On Nov 01, 2014
What do u want us to do?

If u were sleeping with other men would u have mentioned it?

1 Like

Re: I Have Not Had Sex Since The Death Of My Husband In 1984 – Iya Rainbow by Fraih(f): 6:57pm On Nov 01, 2014
TDonald:

U said what?
Re: I Have Not Had Sex Since The Death Of My Husband In 1984 – Iya Rainbow by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 01, 2014
Na so you be wood? If you have not had sex since the death of your husband, then i have never menstruated in my entire life. mtcchewwwwwwww.

What sort of huge lie is this? Sofri sofri dey lie ooo. You can't impress your husband with that.
Re: I Have Not Had Sex Since The Death Of My Husband In 1984 – Iya Rainbow by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 01, 2014
very possible
___ but I don't think it's necessary she mentions it on air.
There is the kind of thing that would happen to someone, ya hormones would just crash.

1 Like

Re: I Have Not Had Sex Since The Death Of My Husband In 1984 – Iya Rainbow by iamrealdeji(m): 7:32pm On Nov 01, 2014
The mama still looks like she's 30 at 72
Re: I Have Not Had Sex Since The Death Of My Husband In 1984 – Iya Rainbow by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 01, 2014
Hmmm..I dnt see anyway dis is possible except she's gt sex-toys or smtin to self service...its jxt so impossible...aint she human abi her genital organs don die? Its strange oo
Re: I Have Not Had Sex Since The Death Of My Husband In 1984 – Iya Rainbow by iamrealdeji(m): 7:37pm On Nov 01, 2014
rawpadgin:

She gave them some blue carpet treatments but they jilted her
Re: I Have Not Had Sex Since The Death Of My Husband In 1984 – Iya Rainbow by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 01, 2014
Sophyrocks:
Na so you be wood? If you have not had sex since the death of your husband, then i have never menstruated in my entire life. mtcchewwwwwwww.

What sort of huge lie is this? Sofri sofri dey lie ooo. You can't impress your husband with that.

It might be possible. Most naija women are pretenders so as not to look bad to the judgmental society. Pr1ck fit no enter there, but banana, bottles, candles etc go dey find their way there.

Is it not here, we saw a story of housegirl using candle when her madam caught her.

I repeat, S ex is an art. Its nature. It cannot be suppressed grin tongue
If you avoid pr1ick, you must encounter Prick prototype.

Choose wisely.

Make i go watch movie abeg. grin

1 Like

Re: I Have Not Had Sex Since The Death Of My Husband In 1984 – Iya Rainbow by qadeerkug(m): 8:06pm On Nov 01, 2014
oya nah abeg come my grease dat engine for ya bfor yur time got expire on oil tinx""""oll dis kind stories dey vex me sha wink
Re: I Have Not Had Sex Since The Death Of My Husband In 1984 – Iya Rainbow by Kunbee: 9:42pm On Nov 01, 2014
If nuns and priests can do it, she can too
Re: I Have Not Had Sex Since The Death Of My Husband In 1984 – Iya Rainbow by Lolaabokoku(f): 9:50pm On Nov 01, 2014
free2ryhme:
What do u want us to do?

If u were sleeping with other men would u have mentioned it?
I wonder o
Re: I Have Not Had Sex Since The Death Of My Husband In 1984 – Iya Rainbow by CertifiedFreak(m): 10:28pm On Nov 01, 2014
Just lost me ma appetite
Re: I Have Not Had Sex Since The Death Of My Husband In 1984 – Iya Rainbow by whytfaz(m): 11:43am On Nov 02, 2014
That long without sex? That puna go get cobweb be that na
Re: I Have Not Had Sex Since The Death Of My Husband In 1984 – Iya Rainbow by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 02, 2014
Cobwebs for done full that place o.

1 Like

Re: I Have Not Had Sex Since The Death Of My Husband In 1984 – Iya Rainbow by Kunleskey(m): 6:13pm On Nov 02, 2014
Hmmm! O serious...
Re: I Have Not Had Sex Since The Death Of My Husband In 1984 – Iya Rainbow by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 02, 2014
Chillisauce:

It might be possible. Most naija women are pretenders so as not to look bad to the judgmental society. Pr1ck fit no enter there, but banana, bottles, candles etc go dey find their way there.

Is it not here, we saw a story of housegirl using candle when her madam caught her.

I repeat, S ex is an art. Its nature. It cannot be suppressed grin tongue
If you avoid pr1ick, you must encounter Prick prototype.

Choose wisely.

Make i go watch movie abeg. grin

Chili, its not possible o. Count 1984 down till 2014. Thats how many years? Haba.
Re: I Have Not Had Sex Since The Death Of My Husband In 1984 – Iya Rainbow by Nobody: 7:57pm On Nov 02, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Chili, its not possible o. Count 1984 down till 2014. Thats how many years? Haba.

Thats 30yrs, she is practically a virgin smiley
Re: I Have Not Had Sex Since The Death Of My Husband In 1984 – Iya Rainbow by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 02, 2014
While reading this all i could imagine was Cobwebs, dust and a very creaky sound.
Re: I Have Not Had Sex Since The Death Of My Husband In 1984 – Iya Rainbow by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 02, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
very possible
___ but I don't think it's necessary she mentions it on air.
There is the kind of thing that would happen to someone, ya hormones would just crash.
i just like the way u comment....
Re: I Have Not Had Sex Since The Death Of My Husband In 1984 – Iya Rainbow by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 02, 2014
hoyinkansola:
i just like the way u comment....

Thanks babe. You beautiful...nice complexion.
...but do you know me before? lol
Re: I Have Not Had Sex Since The Death Of My Husband In 1984 – Iya Rainbow by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 02, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

Thanks babe. You beautiful...nice complexion.
...but do you know me before? lol
lolz....tnks,its just that i've read most of ur comments on some thread nd it indicates maturity,with some touch of humor.. u're neva boring,lolzz

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bad Girl Rihanna Goes Braless In Public / "I've Been To Your House In London' - Atiku's Son Reacts To Dangote's Claims. / Dele Momodu Also Release Chats Between Davido & Sophie Momodu - Screenshots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.