Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,275 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

2 Heads Of State: Second Military Officer Declares Self Burkina Faso’s President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2 Heads Of State: Second Military Officer Declares Self Burkina Faso’s President (942 Views)

Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents / Obasanjo: “How I Escaped Being Ritually-Killed With 7 Heads Of Cattle” / Photos: Nigerian Heads Of State From Independence Till Date (1960-2014) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Heads Of State: Second Military Officer Declares Self Burkina Faso’s President by okon11: 4:53pm On Nov 01, 2014
Another military officer, Col. Isaac Zida, former Presidential Guard to ousted President Blaise Compaore, has announced he has assumed responsibility as the country’s Head of State.

Burkina Faso’s local media quoted Zida as making the declaration in Ouagadougou during a broadcast over a private television station on Saturday.

Source: http://www..com.ng/index.php/world-news/item/961-second-military-officer-declares-self-burkina-faso-s-president

[img]http://www..com.ng/media/k2/items/cache/3d105248b10b0d962a881701f9482c8d_M.jpg[/img]
Re: 2 Heads Of State: Second Military Officer Declares Self Burkina Faso’s President by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 01, 2014
If his arrogating power to himself will pave way for democracy and the desired change that sparked the uprising which ousted his boss, cool I'll say.

The Burkina country needs a real rough hand now to have them in check prior to an election or anything that might spring up to save the nation from further trouble.
Re: 2 Heads Of State: Second Military Officer Declares Self Burkina Faso’s President by musaajebor(m): 5:39pm On Nov 01, 2014
there is looming war in burkina faso.burkinabes should prepare.
i think war is going to be inevitable. it is going to be btw traore and zida.

1 Like

Re: 2 Heads Of State: Second Military Officer Declares Self Burkina Faso’s President by Nobody: 6:22pm On Nov 01, 2014
From the way things are going now, burkina Faso might end up like libya or Mali. I smell civil war
Re: 2 Heads Of State: Second Military Officer Declares Self Burkina Faso’s President by o42austino(m): 6:36pm On Nov 01, 2014
God pls their should be no war in that nation because thier will be inflocks of illegal arms to Nigeria to Arm more groups like Boko boiz.
Re: 2 Heads Of State: Second Military Officer Declares Self Burkina Faso’s President by Imoy(m): 6:42pm On Nov 01, 2014
Hmmmm
Re: 2 Heads Of State: Second Military Officer Declares Self Burkina Faso’s President by lekkie073(m): 7:27pm On Nov 01, 2014
there will always be conflict in the sahara region of Africa.....
Re: 2 Heads Of State: Second Military Officer Declares Self Burkina Faso’s President by okon11: 9:52pm On Nov 01, 2014
o42austino:
God pls their should be no war in that nation because thier will be inflocks of illegal arms to Nigeria to Arm more groups like Boko boiz.
i think our boarders are being well guarded since this BH thing started.

musaajebor:
there is looming war in burkina faso.burkinabes should prepare.
i think war is going to be inevitable. it is going to be btw traore and zida.

lets wait and see.
Re: 2 Heads Of State: Second Military Officer Declares Self Burkina Faso’s President by omololu2020(m): 10:00pm On Nov 01, 2014
Wetin dey do we africans sef,can't d highest rankin military officer just tak ova d govt lik wot happened in egpyt.mak dem dey careful o so dat wot happened in nigeria afta Gen ironsi was killed no go happen for burkina faso
Re: 2 Heads Of State: Second Military Officer Declares Self Burkina Faso’s President by khattab02: 10:03pm On Nov 01, 2014
o42austino:
customs this where u have to work very hard!

(1) (Reply)

Shias In Potiskum Yobe State Hit By 'Suicide Attack', Almost 20 Dead / Jonathan Meets Aggrieved PDP Senators On Ward Congresses / Gov. Chime Dares President Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.