Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Any Nigerian Living In Poland? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Nigerian Living In Poland? (19059 Views)

Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA / Any Nigerian Living In Hong Kong? / My Biggest Challenge As A Nigerian Living Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Any Nigerian Living In Poland? by NOUBLE(m): 3:42pm On Nov 19, 2008
hi my fellows, is there any nigerian out there in poland, please i need info on a possible city to live in. i am currentry in the uk fighting deportation. my partner is from poland and i am thinking of moving there if the decision was to deport me. at least in three years i will get my pol citizenship and can come back to the uk. i am just concern as polls are more racist than any country in the world and i am confuse on what city is a bit safer. i know warsaw is more likely but its also expensive as my partner claim. krakow is another option with many blacks but my partner said its too danger there. can any one advise. await reply
Re: Any Nigerian Living In Poland? by brownbonno(m): 5:32pm On Nov 19, 2008
How long have you been with your partner in the same address ?Is there any plan of getting married to her in the UK ?
Re: Any Nigerian Living In Poland? by suricattca(f): 9:30pm On Nov 20, 2008
Warsaw = Warszawa is very expensive city
Crakow = Kraków is very nice, old city
U can live in Wrocław or Poznań, very nice cities grin
In these cities u can meet people from all over the world

2 Likes

Re: Any Nigerian Living In Poland? by NOUBLE(m): 10:54pm On Nov 20, 2008
i have been living with my partner for almost three years now. we have made several attempts to get married here but its not working. even COE wont let us get married. we decided to go to Nigeria to get married but i was arrested at the airport in possession of fake passport and was imprison. now with criminal record and a child, they are trying to deport me. i have prayed and of course believe in GOD but some time you don't know how GOD do his work. if its deportation, i cant change it. am just getting ready for the worst
Re: Any Nigerian Living In Poland? by funkybaby(f): 1:08am On Nov 21, 2008
@nouble

am just reading your posts and i am shocked that your case has gotten to this level. i mean with all the suggestions proferred in this thread ? https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=104808.msg1892525#msg1892525

how come you travelled with fake passport ? i thought you mentioned that your naija passport was yet to expire?? whatever happened to TCs? It would have been a million times to have yourself thumbprinted and you still end up in naija and then marrying your girl than getting caught with fake passport. God forbid you get deported, are you going to be deported to Poland?? Why are you making enquiries about Poland

Me thinks you are just messing things up with your own hands.

you have been dating a polish girl for three years as you claim. you have a baby together yet to are facing all these? what happens if the polish girl is no longer interested in the relationship and she feels she can manage fine with the child without you in her life If you are not careful, at the rate you are handling this issue, you might end up not entering Poland. You had better wisen up !!!!

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian Living In Poland? by whatever90(f): 1:26am On Nov 21, 2008
where is dat bigmodo let him come and read dis one,seh he wants to travel iilegally undecided
Re: Any Nigerian Living In Poland? by promise2(f): 5:57am On Nov 21, 2008
Pls do any one know about cheap schools in Poland? for masters programme like 2000 euro per annum? or if you can help get admission in poland pls let me know.
Re: Any Nigerian Living In Poland? by shotster50(m): 6:22am On Nov 21, 2008
Promise why dont you search on google

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian Living In Poland? by brownbonno(m): 7:17am On Nov 21, 2008
funkybaby:

@nouble

am just reading your posts and i am shocked that your case has gotten to this level. i mean with all the suggestions proferred in this thread ? https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=104808.msg1892525#msg1892525

how come you travelled with fake passport ? i thought you mentioned that your naija passport was yet to expire?? whatever happened to TCs? It would have been a million times to have yourself thumbprinted and you still end up in naija and then marrying your girl than getting caught with fake passport. God forbid you get deported, are you going to be deported to Poland?? Why are you making enquiries about Poland

Me thinks you are just messing things up with your own hands.

you have been dating a polish girl for three years as you claim. you have a baby together yet to are facing all these? what happens if the polish girl is no longer interested in the relationship and she feels she can manage fine with the child without you in her life If you are not careful, at the rate you are handling this issue, you might end up not entering Poland. You had better wisen up !!!!

Thanks funkybaby for the flash back.

Nouble,

Your destiny is in your hand.
Wish you the best.
Re: Any Nigerian Living In Poland? by NOUBLE(m): 10:55am On Nov 21, 2008
@funkybaby
@brownbono
hi, you guys suprise me a bit with your comment most especially funkybabe, what exactly did you not understand? back in January i ask the house for advice on my relationship with my partner. a polish citizen? am an overstayer at that time with no criminal record, i made several effort to get married here in the UK but could not, i also have asked my partner to go to Nigeria before hand to prove how we met before marriage.
Some people adviced me not to go to Nigeria because it may be difficult to pass trough the airport and adviced me to go to COE. SOME SAID I ONLY HAVE ONE OPTION, TO GO BACK AS ITS MORE DIFFICULT TO GET MARRIED AT THE COE NOW. i cant remember what your advice was at that time but its definitely one of both.
i made attempts of getting married at the COE but its a complete story, they actually ask for my legal status and told me to go to the HO AND APPLY FOR A RIGHT TO STAY BEFORE I CAN GET MARRIED IN CHURCH. In this case i was left with one option. GO BACK HOME. I dint have a passport as it was stolen sometimes. i went to the high commission and i was told to get a police report. i dint want to do this for a reason all of you understand. i have my fake passport i have been using for work for over 6 years and after seeking advice, i was told they don't check you if you are going out. the mistake i made was that, all the people that adviced me have original passport so i should not be asking them.
OK, i went and was arrested by a Nigerian woman as she claimed. i was imprisoned and my partner gave birth while in prison. after serving my time i was serve with intention to make deportation order and i appealed against it. i appled for bail and was granted.
i have since then been living with same partner who stand as my surety. although pregnant, sh visits me every week throughout my time in jail.
I have recently being told that the deportation order is on hold for a reason the case worker can not explain, so things are looking good
in regards to her leaving me, although woman can not be trusted (NO OFFENCE FUNKYBABY AND ALL WOMAN) I CAN SAY THAT I TRUST HER, SHE STOOD BY ME WHILE IN PRISON AND HAS DONE ALL SHE COULD. EVEN IF SHE LEAVES NOW, I CAN NOT BLAME HER. SHE HAS DONE WELL. Moreover i will not be fighting deportation if not for my daughter and the love i have for my partner. i will go back to Nigeria today if she said its over and i will be just fine. i can not continue staying here illegal even if i don't have her, its totally a waste of time, precious time. i just have to do what is good for my child so she can have both parent raising her.

In regards to inquiring about poland, i am a man that is always ready for the worst. just in-case they said they have to deport me. i will go to poland and after three years i will gain my citizenship and if i still want, i will come back to UK.

IN THE MEAN TIME, ANY ONE LIVING IN POLAND, PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE.

REGARDS
Re: Any Nigerian Living In Poland? by funkybaby(f): 11:46am On Nov 21, 2008
@nouble

Why are you surprised? I made my comments based on what you stated in the other thread earlier this year

NOUBLE:

funkybabe, thanks for the advice but seems to be having problems understanding what your advice is. do you suggests i get married here? and if so, i do i go about it. i have paid 8 diffrent lawyers on this case for legal advice and got 8 diffrent advice. that leave me confused. although my visa has expired but my pasport is not and as you mentioned before its only people with TC that they fingerprint not with passport. hopefully i will be lucky this time to go without being caught. i am absolutely tired of staying here illegal. need to do something in another 8weeks. please advise.

So after paying money to eight different lawyers, the only advice you could grasp was leaving UK with fake passport (in 2008, when everybody knows that immigration peeps are really tough and thorough.

You never said you had misplaced your naija passport. What you said was your visa had expired but your naija passport was still valid.
If you had disclosed the true position of things then, maybe i would have linked you up with an immigration peep here in naija that would have helped you with arrangee OLD NAIJA passport (without you leaving UK) that would not require biometrics and you would have found a way to sneak it back to UK. I made enquiries about this for someone as at November last year and i was reliably informed it was possible although might cost you tidy cash. Even if this option is ruled out, whatever happened to TCs

NOUBLE:

Brownonno, thanks for the advice, i[b] most let you know that, when you talk of luck, count me out, i am not a lucky person [/b] and one at this era must do things according to his/her history. i do believe in god but with my record, i only get good result if i follow the 90-100% guarantee assurance, anything less than that, hunmm am a victim.

What am saying is that, if 100 folks are allow to go through one direction illegally and only one will be arrested. i will be the one. am not lucky with doggy things. i have my lawyer saying i don't need to go back and so are ma friends, but the immigration and asylum officer advice me to go and do it from Nigeria and said i only need to apologise for overstaying. moreover three diffrents layers gives three diffrents advices. my girl has been to Nigeria as evidence of when we met, i would rather do it here but scared if its a 50/50. if the law says i can, then i will but if the chance is 50/50 and going back is 80/20 why not go back if am not a lucky person.

also i am working on a friends details and so will that affect me because it automatically mean am not working. also we have only been living together for 3 months though we have been going out for 18 months to be precise. what are my chances applying from here?

there is a Yoruba parable that said " oku KO Ki n fi Ara pamo fun eni to BA ma we fun"meaning dead person no dey hide him prick or her Toto for who go take his/her bath. i said all this because its awa arawa " we we" wont try it on a live show. all i said to the lawyers is that " I HAVE A GIRL FRIEND AND WE HAVE BEEN LIVING TOGETHER FOR MONTHS, Some said we don't have to be married to apply, some said we have to be living together for at least two years before we can. and some said just go to church of ENGLAND, get married and bring me all the documents with £2000 and i will do the rest. he also said it doesing matter what name i use. that they ddon'thave right to question how i got here.

to crown it all aanother reason am considering using another name is because officially am 21 years old in this country according to my age when i came in and my girl is 25. would that be a disadvantage?
advice please

Na wa o! See how you take your mouth dey confess negative things on yourself. Abajo, your case turned out like this. undecided

I also hope you dont get deported at least for the sake of the child but like i said earlier you had better wisen up !!
Re: Any Nigerian Living In Poland? by jacq(f): 11:51am On Nov 21, 2008
NOUBLE:

@funkybaby
@brownbono
hi, you guys suprise me a bit with your comment most especially funkybabe, what exactly did you not understand? back in January i ask the house for advice on my relationship with my partner. a polish citizen? am an overstayer at that time with no criminal record, i made several effort to get married here in the UK but could not, i also have asked my partner to go to Nigeria before hand to prove how we met before marriage.
Some people adviced me not to go to Nigeria because it may be difficult to pass trough the airport and adviced me to go to COE. SOME SAID I ONLY HAVE ONE OPTION, TO GO BACK AS ITS MORE DIFFICULT TO GET MARRIED AT THE COE NOW. i can't remember what your advice was at that time but its definitely one of both.
i made attempts of getting married at the COE but its a complete story, they actually ask for my legal status and told me to go to the HO AND APPLY FOR A RIGHT TO STAY BEFORE I CAN GET MARRIED IN CHURCH. In this case i was left with one option. GO BACK HOME. I dint have a passport as it was stolen sometimes. i went to the high commission and i was told to get a police report. i dint want to do this for a reason all of you understand. i have my fake passport i have been using for work for over 6 years and after seeking advice, i was told they don't check you if you are going out. the mistake i made was that, all the people that adviced me have original passport so i should not be asking them.
OK, i went and was arrested by a Nigerian woman as she claimed. i was imprisoned and my partner gave birth while in prison. after serving my time i was serve with intention to make deportation order and i appealed against it. i appled for bail and was granted.
i have since then been living with same partner who stand as my surety. although pregnant, sh visits me every week throughout my time in jail.
I have recently being told that the deportation order is on hold for a reason the case worker can not explain, so things are looking good
in regards to her leaving me, although woman can not be trusted (NO OFFENCE FUNKYBABY AND ALL WOMAN) I CAN SAY THAT I TRUST HER, SHE STOOD BY ME WHILE IN PRISON AND HAS DONE ALL SHE COULD. EVEN IF SHE LEAVES NOW, I CAN NOT BLAME HER. SHE HAS DONE WELL. Moreover i will not be fighting deportation if not for my daughter and the love i have for my partner. i will go back to Nigeria today if she said its over and i will be just fine. i can not continue staying here illegal even if i don't have her, its totally a waste of time, precious time. i just have to do what is good for my child so she can have both parent raising her.

In regards to inquiring about poland, i am a man that is always ready for the worst. just in-case they said they have to deport me. i will go to poland and after three years i will gain my citizenship and if i still want, i will come back to UK.

IN THE MEAN TIME, ANY ONE LIVING IN POLAND, PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE.

REGARDS

I haven't read your topic back in january before,just saw this topic now
and i must it that you are a brave man for not giving up hope .
Are you in the Uk now or in Nigeria ? maybe u should have gone to the Nigeria embassy to get an ETC,that is whjat i did a few years ago.
Re: Any Nigerian Living In Poland? by funkybaby(f): 11:52am On Nov 21, 2008
brownbonno:

Thanks funkybaby for the flash back.

Nouble,

Your destiny is in your hand.
Wish you the best.

@brownbono
I remembered the guy's case when i saw his username and post.
Its amazing the turn of events in his case between january and now
Really, his destiny is in his hands.
Re: Any Nigerian Living In Poland? by Thadude(m): 1:10pm On Nov 21, 2008
Nouble, I read ur case with mixing feelings. Hope u know GOD is with you. Keep praying and get ready for the worst like u already doing!, Let me tell you what i know about the "worst" It will not crop-up when u're prepared for it!
Your girl has played a very important role in ur life. I hope naija girls reading and learning how to stand by their man when there is a brick wall, and not only when there is butter. I m not suprise however, there is something about women of polish origin. Most American ladies of polish origin i know whose grand parents came to the USA in the 1930s, are like that very decent, faithful and stickers. They stand by their man for better or death! one would have thot that the American life style would change dem, but no way they arent flippers!, Me 'm gonna go find myself a polish lady.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Nigerian Living In Poland? by brownbonno(m): 9:56pm On Nov 21, 2008
Nouble,

The last advice you got here after the 5 months------- was to apply for EEA2 as a partner of EEA national.Hon Londoncool seconded my opinion.He did said your case will be stronger with your new baby and that if you have served 12 months deportation would have been automatic.Here you are again requesting for advice that you will not put into use.
I wish you the best anyway.
Re: Any Nigerian Living In Poland? by NOUBLE(m): 9:31am On Nov 22, 2008
@brownbonno
Do you have problem understanding English? i ask for advice does not mean i don't have a right to choice, and in this case i am not asking for advice on that issue, i am only asking people who currently lives in poland where is the safest city, what has that got to do with the last decision i made and by the way, what gives you the right to think i have to take the advice you give, if i have to then it shouldint be call advice, it should instead be called command.
ANY ONE IN POLAND, PLS?

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian Living In Poland? by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 22, 2008
I need an IV to poland. Can anyone offer  me one? The things you people are doing me in this nairaland is not fair. No one wants to link me up. Even if it's fake visa or passport, i will take the risk. I know i will be lucky to make it through. Can anyone help me with this?
Re: Any Nigerian Living In Poland? by brownbonno(m): 11:34am On Nov 22, 2008
NOUBLE:

@brownbonno
Do you have problem understanding English? i ask for advice does not mean i don't have a right to choice, and in this case i am not asking for advice on that issue, i am only asking people who currently lives in poland where is the safest city, what has that got to do with the last decision i made and by the way, what gives you the right to think i have to take the advice you give, if i have to then it shouldint be call advice, it should instead be called command.
ANY ONE IN POLAND, please?

Nouble,
There is no need for arrogance and insults,your wife should be able to advice you on how safe Poland should be for you.
I am only concerned that you are not intelligently utilizing the valuable advice you have got so far.The best you could do is want to jump into the Plane to Nigeria with a fake Nigeria passport (with all the fake residence permit in it).You have only succeeded in giving Nigerians a bad name here in the UK,just for your own selfish interest.
Although i wish you all the best,but i do feel for your child and the mother that have to go through this rigmarole for no reason.
Re: Any Nigerian Living In Poland? by HRhotness(f): 11:50am On Nov 22, 2008
I honestly find threads like this very disgusting. . .  what is so terrible about nigeria that a human being will put themselves through all this all to stay abroad? U r talking of God and still mentioning fake passport and fake age and fake everything. . . do u honestly expect God to ans ur prayers with all this ur backyard and iilegal moves?  angry
Re: Any Nigerian Living In Poland? by hbrednic: 11:28pm On Nov 23, 2008
poland is both tough and rough,my kid brother is doing his masters their at the moment
and will be leaving imdtly after his studies.
i can link you up to him,but pls he can only give you infor about poland and nothing else.
him too just dey manage for there grin grin grin
Re: Any Nigerian Living In Poland? by NOUBLE(m): 11:35pm On Nov 23, 2008
@ hbrednic

thank you, i actually just need to know a safer city, apart from that i should be fine,if you can link me with him that will be great at least if he can tell me where too and not to go etc.
Re: Any Nigerian Living In Poland? by hbrednic: 11:43pm On Nov 23, 2008
NOUBLE:

@ hbrednic

thank you, i actually just need to know a safer city, apart from that i should be fine,if you can link me with him that will be great at least if he can tell me where too and not to go etc.

pls let me talk to him 1st,then i will drop his number for you (2mmorrow).
Re: Any Nigerian Living In Poland? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 25, 2008
I am a Nigerian living in both poland and germany i spend most time in poland presently and i possess my resident permit and in 2010 will get my polish citizenship since i have a polish wife, response to questions,
1)BIGMODU- For invitation we can talk about that but depends on what you want and if you have to come to poland you don't have to put extra responsibilities on me, you need just invitation and that is it,
2)PROMISE, There are universities in poland that you can study but 2000 euro is guess will difficult but about 3500 euro there is a possibility, this also applies to Nouble , poland has ups and downs there is alot of safe place here or cities , you just have to mind your business there is not country in the west that there is no racism even US,

for more information you can contact me via email candidgender@yahoo.com,
Re: Any Nigerian Living In Poland? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 25, 2008
Nouble, try gorzow is a nice and quite town i have contact of a Nigerian there with a polish wife , you can get job there as an English native speaker in language school there in gorzow, i guess you like it, if you are serious about it , get me informed
Re: Any Nigerian Living In Poland? by Magnate021(m): 11:58pm On Nov 25, 2008
HR.hotness:

I honestly find threads like this very disgusting. . . what is so terrible about nigeria that a human being will put themselves through all this all to stay abroad? U r talking of God and still mentioning fake passport and fake age and fake everything. . . do u honestly expect God to ans ur prayers with all this ur backyard and iilegal moves? angry
LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE.
@ poster all you need now is GOD on ur side and i know he will surely help u.

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian Living In Poland? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 26, 2008
@bigmodo

there are some southern african countries whose passports can get U into europe and canada visa-free.

i can help u get a GENUINE one ,not oluwole.

but U have to go to that country first and get it then fly from there.
I have made such arrangements for many people. If U interested,email me
Re: Any Nigerian Living In Poland? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 26, 2008
MrPrsdent:

@bigmodo

there are some southern african countries whose passports can get U into europe and canada visa-free.

How do i hit yo up? Got e-m?
Re: Any Nigerian Living In Poland? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 27, 2008
firstprince2001@yahoo.com

then we take it from there
Re: Any Nigerian Living In Poland? by Davedavy: 10:31pm On Nov 27, 2008
@segan
I am considering moving over to Poland next year June after my Masters degree,i am presently in Ukraine and have a pretty Polish girlfriend,we are getting married next year around March/April and from all i have read from the net,i am getting confused about all their requirents and how long this can take,i even learnt that sometimes it can take up to 6 months to finalise the marriage processing and the worst part is that i have to be present in Poland all these time,note i cant stay much in poland because i still have my school going on,so can you please shed more light on what i am to expect and what documents will i need to get married there,i know i will need a letter from Nigerian embassy here in Ukraine,my birth certificate and international passport all translated to Polish, right?and another thing,how long does it take to get the residence permit after the wedding,do i need to stay in Poland to get the residence permit or my girl can go about the processing in my absence?and how easy is it to live in poland and work in Germany or shutling in between, i have been to Poland few times but really dont know if there are many job oppurtunities there,but my girl wants us to live there at least for a year,we will be living in Crascow.

@Tha_dude
You are right,My girl is everything you desribed and more, even when i had nothing and life was tough she was there standing strong like a rock smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Nigerian Living In Poland? by promise2(f): 2:28pm On Nov 30, 2008
Hi Segan,

I have written you, please kindly check your email box.
Re: Any Nigerian Living In Poland? by brownbonno(m): 3:57pm On Nov 30, 2008
segan:

I am a Nigerian living in both poland and germany i spend most time in poland presently and i possess my resident permit and in 2010 will get my polish citizenship since i have a polish wife,

• Poland Citizenship through marriage with a Polish citizen for aliens who are currently residing in Poland

An alien can acquire Polish Citizenship, if he:
- Is married for at least three years to Polish citizen, obtained a residence permit

Applicant needs to apply to the Wojewoda of his place of residence in Poland and declare intention of becoming a Polish citizen. Application needs to take place within 6 months from obtaining the residence permit,According to[b] Art. 3, 1 of the Polish Citizenship Act of 1962 [/b] " Marriage of a Polish citizen with a person who is not a Polish citizen does not affect the citizenship of either of husband or wife."

Davedavy:

@segan
I am considering moving over to Poland next year June after my Masters degree,i am presently in Ukraine and have a pretty Polish girlfriend,we are getting married next year around March/April and from all i have read from the net,i am getting confused about all their requirents and how long this can take,i even learnt that sometimes it can take up to 6 months to finalise the marriage processing and the worst part is that i have to be present in Poland all these time,note i can't stay much in poland because i still have my school going on,so can you please shed more light on what i am to expect and what documents will i need to get married there,i know i will need a letter from Nigerian embassy here in Ukraine,my birth certificate and international passport all translated to Polish, right?and another thing,how long does it take to get the residence permit after the wedding,do i need to stay in Poland to get the residence permit or my girl can go about the processing in my absence?and how easy is it to live in poland and work in Germany or shutling in between, i have been to Poland few times but really don't know if there are many job oppurtunities there,but my girl wants us to live there at least for a year,we will be living in Crascow.

Polish residency CANNOT be processed in your absence.You might find some difficulties in arranging the paperworks to get a marriage done in Poland.On the contrary,Denmark is the best place for foreigners to get married in a matter of 2 days.With proof of ID,Visa Schengen/ residence permit and certificate or affidavit of no impediments.(It all depend on the commune of your choice)

MODERATOR----ATTENTIOn ATTENTION ATTENTION-

WATIN BI DIS

MrPrsdent:

@bigmodo

Re: Any Nigerian Living In Poland? by nthnymarce(m): 4:17pm On Nov 30, 2008
gents and ladies, i dont really believe in the denial of identity. if u wanna make a move i can comfortably help u wit an invitation from sweden or finland. all for free

(1) (2)

5 Simple Ways Low Income Earners Can Save Cost On Transportation / Air Peace, Ibom Air, Commence Daily Flights To Enugu / African Countries Use Exorbitant Charges To Frustrate Air Peace — Onyema

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.