Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Tambuwa's Defection Vs Attack On Mubi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tambuwa's Defection Vs Attack On Mubi (822 Views)

Jonathan Visits Mubi, Heads To Baga / Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Comment About The Withdrawal Of Tambuwa Security / Pictures Of Murdered Students Of Mubi Polytechnic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tambuwa's Defection Vs Attack On Mubi by ayo84(m): 3:52am On Nov 02, 2014
You return from your pilgrimage to news that
another major town in the northeast has been
seized by insurgents. In fact, while you and your
fellow travellers were “praying for Nigeria”,
murderous terrorists were abducting yet more
women and slaughtering more Nigerian citizens
despite a much trumpeted ceasefire. (These were
the terrorists you twice promised to defeat in 2012,
but who cares?) Of course, this is not your fault. If
God himself can’t be bothered to come down and
protect his own country, who else could possibly
do it? An elected president and commander-in-ch
ief with all the resources of the state at his
disposal? Perish the thought.
So with more of our people facing the spectre of
brutal murder, abduction, sexual assault and
starvation as refugees, what do you do? As
commander-in-chief, and with Churchillian
courage, you decisively order the withdrawal of the
security detail of the Speaker of the House of
Representatives who has just defected from your
party. For having the effrontery to cross over to
the opposition, he must be made to pay. Because
his defection is the most urgent and most pressing
threat to our national security right now.
The next day you calmly pick up your party’s
nomination form (You’re the sole nominee) to seek
re-election even as segments of the electorate are
dying or pondering their fate as subjects of
terrorists or as starving refugees in neighbouring
countries. It doesn’t matter that the size of the
country that you’re presiding over is actually
shrinking.
Because, unknown to the rest of us, this is how
Mandela, Lee Kwan Yew, Martin Luther King Jr.
and Obama did it and you’re also doing it.
After you’ve left this earthly plane, future
generations will study you for a long time.

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwa's Defection Vs Attack On Mubi by eye4eye: 3:59am On Nov 02, 2014
Jonadunce won't do any sh1t to fight Boko Haram but keeps fighting Amaechi and other politicians who are against his misrule and stealing. Jonathan is hell bent in setting the entire North East on fire to avoid election taking place there.

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwa's Defection Vs Attack On Mubi by nuclearboy(m): 6:01am On Nov 02, 2014
I too have been pondering this issue - how does Tambuwal's defection seem more important to the president than the loss of Mubi?

Not a single statement or attempt to re-assure the people of Nigeria..... ... Nothing! Just schemes to reconvene the Lower House, NOT TO FIND A SOLUTION TO BOKO HARAM, BUT to kick out the Speaker who has "insulted" him and feels he can get away with such

The BH animals who are giving him (and the CDS) the middle finger and the loss of thousands of lives and Nigerian territory, mean nothing??

I am now in the ranks of those who see this president as "a mistake". We missed our way in 2011.

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwa's Defection Vs Attack On Mubi by Mogidi: 7:09am On Nov 02, 2014
Trust Tanborine or Tambuwale to unleash mayhem just as he's leaving.
Re: Tambuwa's Defection Vs Attack On Mubi by ayo84(m): 8:31am On Nov 02, 2014
Mogidi:
Trust Tanborine or Tambuwale to unleash mayhem just as he's leaving.

so whats your point ... having sleepness nights over tambuwal is more important as people are being killed in mubi .
You ignorant prat .. which curse have the gods placed on you and your kindred (igbos) that you drag yourselves into the pit of abyss ...

i never thought i would see the day.. like history tells us.. the cruelest dumbest ideas in history has followers who are ready to support it : hook line and sinker ...
Re: Tambuwa's Defection Vs Attack On Mubi by ayo84(m): 9:38am On Nov 04, 2014
nuclearboy:
I too have been pondering this issue - how does Tambuwal's defection seem more important to the president than the loss of Mubi?

Not a single statement or attempt to re-assure the people of Nigeria..... ... Nothing! Just schemes to reconvene the Lower House, NOT TO FIND A SOLUTION TO BOKO HARAM, BUT to kick out the Speaker who has "insulted" him and feels he can get away with such

The BH animals who are giving him (and the CDS) the middle finger and the loss of thousands of lives and Nigerian territory, mean nothing??

I am now in the ranks of those who see this president as "a mistake". We missed our way in 2011.

bros d thing tire me
Re: Tambuwa's Defection Vs Attack On Mubi by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 04, 2014
Both issues are equally important. My post on another thread on this same subject reads as follows

How did u come to this conclusion about the President's pre-occupation? Do you have access to his day to day agenda?

Besides that some of you don't quite understand the implication of what Tambuwal has done here. What Tambuwal wants to do can set a very dangerous precedent for Nigeria. We can in future vote for a left leaning party into the house and end up getting a fundamentalist leadership in the NASS if this issue is not carefully addressed!

Besides that Tambuwal for the sake of his personal ambition has adjourned the house for one month. Certain decisions the President might want to take on this Boko Haram issue or other national security issues may require ratification of the house. The house by being on unscheduled holiday is clearly not available to offer Nigerians this service!

So Tambuwal issue has National Security implications but some of you don't seem to get it!

It is not a joke!!!!!
Re: Tambuwa's Defection Vs Attack On Mubi by ihedinobi2: 9:57am On Nov 04, 2014
Was just thinking about that today. I didn't know how bad the situation on Boko Haram had got until I saw the news on Channels yesterday.

(1) (Reply)

Foreign Reserve Now $38bn —Okonjo-Iweala / . / 2015: Amosun’s Deputy Chief Of Staff, Three Others Resign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.