Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,761 members, 7,820,649 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Is God Really Helping Us? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God Really Helping Us? (1171 Views)

Are Churches Really Helping The Poor And Unemployed In Our Society Today? / Are These Negative Stories/comments Helping Us Become Better? / Did God Really Write The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is God Really Helping Us? by LLVelly: 11:25am On Nov 02, 2014
Is HE really helping us or are we just on our own? ...Seems so complicated to escape fate
Re: Is God Really Helping Us? by blemon44(m): 11:46am On Nov 02, 2014
If God is not helping you do you think you
would be alive by now

stop asking dumb question btw God and man
if you dont know what to post why dont you learn from others
Re: Is God Really Helping Us? by LLVelly: 11:58am On Nov 02, 2014
The life we live is not a miracle, nature gave it to us...must u comment on my post?
Re: Is God Really Helping Us? by kevoh(m): 12:06pm On Nov 02, 2014
blemon44:
If God is not helping you do you think you
would be alive by now

Yeah, like he helped over hundred South-african christians (who came to worship him) that died in the TB Joshua/SCOAN building collapse to remain alive or those that died in the Madalla church christmas day bomb blast! SMH
Re: Is God Really Helping Us? by blemon44(m): 12:12pm On Nov 02, 2014
kevoh:

Yeah, like he helped over hundred South-african christians (who came to worship him) that died in the TB Joshua/SCOAN building collapse to remain alive or those that died in the Madalla church christmas day bomb blast! SMH

God killed them
my dear dont talk wetin pass you
Re: Is God Really Helping Us? by kevoh(m): 12:26pm On Nov 02, 2014
blemon44:

Are you relying on scare tactics now ? What was god doing when his supposed followers(christians) were being slaughtered like rams by ISIS in Iraq, innocent children in Calabar tortured because of witchcraft beliefs e.t.c I go on and on, how does all this translate to a supposedly superior being (god) helping humanity.

1 Like

Re: Is God Really Helping Us? by LLVelly: 12:26pm On Nov 02, 2014
fate directs us
Re: Is God Really Helping Us? by kevoh(m): 12:36pm On Nov 02, 2014
Only Man can help himself. Man created these problems through religious beliefs, dishonesty, wickedness, hatred e.t.c

When people learn to tolerate and love the next person as themselves and not waiting for some god to help then these problems will stop.

2 Likes

Re: Is God Really Helping Us? by blemon44(m): 12:38pm On Nov 02, 2014
kevoh:

Are you relying on scare tactics now ? What was god doing when his supposed followers(christians) were being slaughtered like rams by ISIS in Iraq, innocent children in Calabar tortured because of witchcraft beliefs e.t.c I go on and on, how does all this translate to a supposedly superior being (god) helping humanity.

now i know that you dont read your Bible
Re: Is God Really Helping Us? by yemmit90: 12:49pm On Nov 02, 2014
blemon44:

God killed them

How do you know he is the one that killed them?
Re: Is God Really Helping Us? by blemon44(m): 12:54pm On Nov 02, 2014
yemmit90:

How do you know he is the one that killed them?

God didnt kill anyone is just that some people were talking rubbish
Re: Is God Really Helping Us? by kevoh(m): 12:58pm On Nov 02, 2014
blemon44:

now i know that you dont read your Bible
Now I know you lack common sense! You have failed woefully in addressing the OP's topic (which is the bone of contention), you have failed to address the questions I have raised why a supposedly superior being sits down and watches his worshippers being tortured, bombed and slaughtered.

All you can mutter is ''You don't know your Bible'' Read Mark 12:31 and tell me if the verse is any different from my opinion in the previous post on this thread. If No, then I kindly refer you to my signature below smiley .
Re: Is God Really Helping Us? by blemon44(m): 1:05pm On Nov 02, 2014
kevoh:

Now I know you lack common sense! You have failed woefully in addressing the OP's topic (which is the bone of contention), you have failed to address the questions I have raised why a supposedly superior being sits down and watches his worshippers being tortured, bombed and slaughtered.

All you can mutter is ''You don't know your Bible'' Read Mark 12:31 and tell me if the verse is any different from my opinion in the previous post on this thread. If No, then I kindly refer you to my signature below smiley .

read MARK 13:5,37
Re: Is God Really Helping Us? by yemmit90: 1:22pm On Nov 02, 2014
blemon44:

God didnt kill anyone is just that some people were talking rubbish

But you said so in your previous post?
Re: Is God Really Helping Us? by blemon44(m): 1:26pm On Nov 02, 2014
yemmit90:

But you said so in your previous post?

you misunderstood me
sorry for that
Re: Is God Really Helping Us? by kevoh(m): 1:29pm On Nov 02, 2014
blemon44:

read MARK 13:5,37
Mbok, how does all that in the verse relate to the topic at hand? undecided
How does all that defend a supposedly superior being who sat all day and watch christian South-Africans die in his church? (Remember, there were not even persecuted) Dude must be some serious Sadist.

I'll reitarate, ONLY MAN CAN SOLVE MAN'S PROBLEMS not some god. We have been doing so since time immemorial.
Re: Is God Really Helping Us? by blemon44(m): 1:40pm On Nov 02, 2014
kevoh:

Mbok, how does all that in the verse relate to the topic at hand? undecided
How does all that defend a supposedly superior being who sat all day and watch christian South-Africans die in his church? (Remember, there were not even persecuted) Dude must be some serious Sadist.

I'll reitarate, ONLY MAN CAN SOLVE MAN'S PROBLEMS not some god. We have been doing so since time immemorial.

why dont you visit a native doctor
Re: Is God Really Helping Us? by jieta: 2:37pm On Nov 02, 2014
LLVelly:
Is HE really helping us or are we just on our own? ...Seems so complicated to escape fate
N0, is you that is protecting ur self

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Many Christians Celebrate New Year And NOT Christmas? / Penastory: Why I Think Jesus Should Be The Sole Author Of The Bible / The Greatest Sin According To Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.