Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,411 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Is Wearing Trousers As A Lady A Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Wearing Trousers As A Lady A Sin? (858 Views)

Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother / The Sound Word About Women Wearing Trousers / Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Wearing Trousers As A Lady A Sin? by AJOT99(m): 2:53pm On Nov 02, 2014
This question is borne out of this verse of d scripture in d book of Galatians 2:16 which says 'know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified'.

The law states in d book of Deuteronomy 22:5 "A woman shall not wear anything that pertains to a man, nor shall a man put on a woman's garment, for all who do so are an abomination to the Lord your God."

Pls I need clarification on this issue from the knowledge of d scriptures.
Re: Is Wearing Trousers As A Lady A Sin? by tochyano(m): 3:10pm On Nov 02, 2014
what makes a trouser a mans garment. what t.shirts. please read the whole deut 22. you will discover that u have be sinning all this while.
1.wearing cotten and linen is a sin.
2. planting yam and cassava is a sin. etc
let the holy spirit guide u on d present truth.
Re: Is Wearing Trousers As A Lady A Sin? by Pr0ton: 3:17pm On Nov 02, 2014
OP.. You've answered your question yourself na
Re: Is Wearing Trousers As A Lady A Sin? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 02, 2014
Greetings to you in the name of the Lord.
One of the thing we must all know as a Christain is that there is worldliness. Christains today no longer accept that there is worldliness any more, all keep on following their selfish desire.
My brother beleive me, there is worldliness. What does it take to indeed different from the world. Meaning as a Christain Godliness must show in our dressing. We are not saying you should be wearing garment but the decency present in your way of dreesing is what Holifies it. People always says that it depends on the motive of wearing it but who is the one dressing for a right motive. Dont let us be deceived THERE IS WORLDLINESS. Ok, the HEAVEN that everybody aim, will woman be wearing trosers there or will man be wearing pensil trosers?
I LIVE YOU FOR YOU TO JUDGE!
Re: Is Wearing Trousers As A Lady A Sin? by michaelwestern(m): 4:41pm On Nov 02, 2014
its not wrong for ladies to wear trousers infact it is very good.
Re: Is Wearing Trousers As A Lady A Sin? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 02, 2014
let every man live according to his belief and revelation but in all dress modestly .
Re: Is Wearing Trousers As A Lady A Sin? by gidjah(m): 7:47am On Nov 03, 2014
WHILE trousers aint bad,the way our boys and girls do it is evil!i say boys and girls because its only a boy and girl that will ignore decent way of life and embrace evil style of dressing,all that has to do wit the style of the world,a true child of god must do away wit,once you are carried away wit all this 'new'styles around then you are a wordly child.once you can be decent wit the way you dress, then it is okay,can you go preach the gospel of christ wit that trousers you are puttin on without generating any controversy?
Re: Is Wearing Trousers As A Lady A Sin? by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 03, 2014
If I will have to tell you the truth. Obviously the bible says so. But God did not make us different dresses calling one for men and the other for women. the society where you live decides that for you. If as a christian your society frown at women wearing trousers as is the case in Africa society. Please you will have to do away with trousers. Roman 14:14-16 says dont let your good be spoken of as evil and makes us to understand that there are things that are not sins on their own, but because it bring unwholesome impression about us as christians, we have to leave them. Our society has its reservation about those that wear trousers that they are this or that untill they get to know you personally that you are different. Even some people will make mockery of you if you preach to them while wearing trousers. That means your good is spoken of as evil.

Secondly, what type of trousers do ladies wear today. the ones that are so tight and reveal all their secret places and physique. That is enough to cause other men to lust. And the bible says anyone that allows other people to sin as a result of his action, it is better that such a one be thrown into the sea. So why will you wear something that will make others to lust, and say "hey see bakasi". "see figure 8". that makes you a sinner because you have made others to sin.

Trousers perse, is not a sin but what transpires in the heart of people because you are putting it on as a lady makes you sin. Sometime ago I was in an environment where I could see a lot of white ladies. Do you know that those white ladies were puting on baggy and free trousers like men. But the only people I noticed putting on skinny and tight trousers showing their physique were the black ladies present there. I now call attention of my friend there that he should notice how black and white ladies here are puting on trousers. And he notice the difference too. We blacks we love going to the extreme.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Exam Script Of Jehova Witness Member / MFM Member Says Her Clothes Are Safer With Hausa Muslim Man Than The Church / Holy Spirit No Longer A Needed Helper 2 D Church- J.F. Rutherford JW President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.