Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,274 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? (61975 Views)

Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by switnjl: 1:20pm On Oct 05, 2012
I happened to be in this commercial vehicle and the one preaching kept talking about the fact that God hates trousers on a Christian lady because the bible says woman shouldn't put on men's attire.

I put on trousers all the time because it frees my movements. I am also a very dedicated Christian.

should I stop?

I need ur comments pls.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by OmoAlata(f): 1:29pm On Oct 05, 2012
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by loluadeoye: 1:37pm On Oct 05, 2012
I think you need to go back and read your biblE very well since you'rE a dedicated christiAn siS.try and findouT if its writing in biblE whitE and black that womAn should noT wear men Attire oR better off ask your pastoR what does hE think abouT ladieS wearing trouser may be that will hElp you ouT

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Mary4life1(f): 1:48pm On Oct 05, 2012
Putting on trouser is not a sin.its just that women should dress in a decent manner.people criticise trousers because of deu 22 vs 5.the same deu also said an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.now this religious hypocrites,forgot that part and only focused on the trouser wearing by women.God have mercy on us all!

8 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by jmoore(m): 1:58pm On Oct 05, 2012
Trouser was never mentioned in the bible. God did not make trouser for Adam and skirt for Eve. It's obvious that God made skirts for both Adam and Eve from fig leaves.

God doesn't judge by what we wear but by our hearts. But we should dress decently in whatever we choose to wear

24 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by k2039: 2:16pm On Oct 05, 2012
I don't know if it is right or wrong;there are lot of controversy surrounding it.I will advise to be on the safer side,dont wear trousers(my reason if you get to heaven if God says it's not a requirement you don't have anything to loose,but if it is the other way round you have all to loose

20 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by switnjl: 2:56pm On Oct 05, 2012
when I wear trousers I make sure I wear something long as blouse to cover up.

in the bible days there was nothing like trousers. all they wore was long dresses, both male and female.

does it also mean that I shouldn't wear tee shirt becos its made for guys?

7 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:01pm On Oct 05, 2012
Is the trousers (pant) you are wearing a man's clothing?

Can ur hubby or brother wear same and be comfy?

Answer the question and see if u are right or wrong.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:07pm On Oct 05, 2012
Free online dictionary

trousers [ˈtraʊzəz]
pl n
1. (Clothing & Fashion) a garment shaped to cover the body from the waist to the ankles or knees with separate tube-shaped sections for both legs

trou·ser Pronunciation (trouzr)
n.
An outer garment for covering the body from the waist to the ankles, divided into sections to fit each leg separately. Often used in the plural.
adj.

Dictionary.com

trou·sers
   [trou-zerz] Show IPA
noun ( used with a plural verb )
Sometimes, trouser. Also called pants. a usually loose-fitting outer garment for the lower part of the body, having individual leg portions that reach typically to the ankle but sometimes to any of various other points from the upper leg down. Compare Bermuda shorts, breeches, knickers ( def. 1 ) , short ( def. 29a ) , slacks.

Take ur pick undecided

2 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by eddy1977(m): 8:43am On Oct 06, 2012
As long as you are comfortable and decent,no one should stop you from wearing it.
I don't care how long a woman,s skirt is,she can always pull it up.there are many prostitutes in the arab world who never wear trousers and yet they still sleep around.

You can wear a long skirt and still provoke men to lust.

If you are married,let your husband tell you if he likes it or not. If you are single,don't let anyone patronize you and tell you what to wear or what not to wear

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by eddy1977(m): 8:51am On Oct 06, 2012
k2039: I don't know if it is right or wrong;there are lot of controversy surrounding it.I will advise to be on the safer side,dont wear trousers(my reason if you get to heaven if God says it's a requirement you don't have anything to loose,but if it is the other way round you have all to loose

This is the most ridiculous concept ever. If God will throw you in hell because of your garments,then Ephesians 2:8,galatians 2:6,2cor 5:17,rom 8:1,are not to be believed.

Can you imagine God saying: well,you received the free gift of salvation when you said yes to christ.i forgave your sins and sealed you for heaven , but your trousers made me change my mind.your trousers were a sin against the holy spirit.angels,throw her out of her.

8 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by eddy1977(m): 9:00am On Oct 06, 2012
loluadeoye: I think you need to go back and read your biblE very well since you'rE a dedicated christiAn siS.try and findouT if its writing in biblE whitE and black that womAn should noT wear men Attire oR better off ask your pastoR what does hE think abouT ladieS wearing trouser may be that will hElp you ouT

You are quoting from Deut 22:5. A woman should not wear man,s clothing and vice versa.

But have you also considered verse 11?

It says that you shall wear clothes made of 2different threads,like linen and polyester.

If its wrong for a woman to wear a trouser,then you should also re read deut 22 and apply it to your life.

Unless she is your wife,you have no business telling her what she can wear or not.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by CrazyMan(m): 9:30am On Oct 06, 2012
We have so many religious christians in Nigeria...we spend so much time laying emphasis on irrelevant issues and neglect what God tells us to do.

How on earth is putting on trousers a sin?

6 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by k2039: 9:53am On Oct 06, 2012
eddy1977:

This is the most ridiculous concept ever. If God will throw you in hell because of your garments,then Ephesians 2:8,galatians 2:6,2cor 5:17,rom 8:1,are not to be believed.

Can you imagine God saying: well,you received the free gift of salvation when you said yes to christ.i forgave your sins and sealed you for heaven , but your trousers made me change my mind.your trousers were a sin against the holy spirit.angels,throw her out of her.

Do you undertsand simple english,is there anywhere in my post that I specifically said wearing trouser will take you to hell,I only showed you two possible things that will eventually happen when we get to heaven.
And I gave the best logical advise from that point of view goofball

2 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by alexleo(m): 10:34am On Oct 06, 2012
eddy1977:

This is the most ridiculous concept ever. If God will throw you in hell because of your garments,then Ephesians 2:8,galatians 2:6,2cor 5:17,rom 8:1,are not to be believed.

Foolish defence you are putting up here. Stop the deceit. Have you been to heaven before to be sure of how God will judge such issues as this?

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by alexleo(m): 10:36am On Oct 06, 2012
k2039: I don't know if it is right or wrong;there are lot of controversy surrounding it.I will advise to be on the safer side,dont wear trousers(my reason if you get to heaven if God says it's not a requirement you don't have anything to loose,but if it is the other way round you have all to loose

Best advice. God bless you my dear.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by alexleo(m): 10:43am On Oct 06, 2012
Mary 4 life: Putting on trouser is not a sin.its just that women should dress in a decent manner.people criticise trousers because of deu 22 vs 5.the same deu also said an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.now this religious hypocrites,forgot that part and only focused on the trouser wearing by women.God have mercy on us all!

Quite a pity how desperate you people can be in misrepresenting the bible so as to suit your selfish desires. What did Jesus say about eye for an eye in mathew 5:38,39? Stop talking trash pls.

8 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Tgirl4real(f): 10:49am On Oct 06, 2012
eddy1977:

hohohoho grin grin grin

Then, u must have believed in vain.

Majority of those screaming don't wear trousers have greater sins of the heart to deal with, the ones that can severe their relationship with God, yet they are hammering on things that don't matter. Blind folks.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by alexleo(m): 11:18am On Oct 06, 2012
Tgirl4real:

hohohoho grin grin grin

Then, u must have believed in vain.

Majority of those screaming don't wear trousers have greater sins of the heart to deal with, the ones that can severe their relationship with God, yet they are hammering on things that don't matter. Blind folks.
Its not about the people that preach it and all that. Its about the bible stand about it and how God will judge it. This is what the poster wants to know and not the kind of life the preacher lives. Jesus remains our perfect example and not man. Pls dont base your bible believe on an individual's attitude. The bible stands on its own not on people.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by haibe(m): 11:51am On Oct 06, 2012
k2039: I don't know if it is right or wrong;there are lot of controversy surrounding it.I will advise to be on the safer side,dont wear trousers(my reason if you get to heaven if God says it's not a requirement you don't have anything to loose,but if it is the other way round you have all to loose

I think i will suggest this advise also

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by alexleo(m): 2:33pm On Oct 06, 2012
haibe:

I think i will suggest this advise also

Thanks my dear. This is how any christian who is heaven conscious reason about some of this controvertial issues. Its a pity how some so called christians who are being guided by their selfish desires claim that it doesnt matter at the judgment throne as if they ve been there to know how such issues are handled. Some are supporting trousers because their pastor said so as if God will call their pastor to come and defend them on the judgment throne if it matters at the end of the day. Lets be careful because there is no room for amendment when one stands before the judgment throne.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Orikinla(m): 3:43pm On Oct 06, 2012
THERE WERE NO TROUSERS WHEN THE HOLY BIBLE WAS WRITTEN.
IN FACT, WHAT MEN WORE IN THOSE DAYS WERE WHAT WE CALL SKIRTS TODAY.
AS LONG AS THE TROUSERS ARE NOT MEANT TO LURE AND SEDUCE MEN, YOU CAN WEAR THEM.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 06, 2012
Wearing trouser is a sin,check deutronomy 22 vs 5

2 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Benito69(m): 3:51pm On Oct 06, 2012
You are worried about your outward appearance?, you should be first worried about your inward appearance (your heart). Is your heart right before God? If it is right before God, you will do His will, that aside, i see nothing wrong with women wearing trousers (there are now trousers specifically designed for women, and if a man wore it, he would look silly in them).

2 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 06, 2012
It is not sinful for women to wear trousers. Seriously you guys are outta gist 0_o
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Tlake(m): 3:52pm On Oct 06, 2012
Islamically u can wear dem if its nt tite n dey v 2 b as big as dos indian trousers,even if u hve d biggest hips it will not show
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by Detonatorrex(m): 3:55pm On Oct 06, 2012
That commandment was written in the old testament.i wonder why it's only that one people chose to delibrate on.what about men shaving their beards?or mixing of clothing materials?there are quite a number like these and yet only the issue of women wearing trousers is hammerd on..well i frankly think that in a way,it distracts people(especially men) and increases desire for sex in some..*my thoughts though*

2 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by tevinsolt: 3:55pm On Oct 06, 2012
it's the intent behind the action.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by KINGwax(m): 3:57pm On Oct 06, 2012
loluadeoye: I think you need to go back and read your biblE very well since you'rE a dedicated christiAn siS.try and findouT if its writing in biblE whitE and black that womAn should noT wear men Attire oR better off ask your pastoR what does hE think abouT ladieS wearing trouser may be that will hElp you ouT
i only hope u undstnd dt from that same passage of the bible, that is jes one of the laws given. From that same passage, it clearly states dt one should not wear half cotton-half wool. It says if u will wear cotton, let everythin u wear be the same. Can u tell me how many clothes you've worn dt are 50%cotton-50%wool or polyester?
Another fact is this, in those days, there are no trousers, i think men wear robes, while women wear gowns. Infact, the only covering for their down is skirt-like.
In scottland, men wear skirt as a normal men-wear.
Pls note, dt even the americans who popularize trousers for ladies clearly made a distinction between the two. Go check, a lady's trouser has it's crotch firmer, and shorter dn the male. If u can't figure, check the length of d zip. Even the pockets are different. The side at which u button a female's shirt is not the same as the male unless it's clearly stated as unisex.
Unless u wear a ladie's trouser, there's a distinction between them.
Biliv me, a female wearing trouser is wearing a female's one.
Pls learn more

8 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by searay(m): 3:58pm On Oct 06, 2012
Yes and No.
depending on the motive of the wearer and how she is wearing it.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by omiobo: 3:58pm On Oct 06, 2012
Disobedience is a sin.
Re: Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? by lavita2(f): 4:01pm On Oct 06, 2012
yet, some people would say the bible is a book devoid of ambiguity and a standard for moral leaving. smh. embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

2017 Prophecies By Pastor Joshua Iginla / Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church / Tega Akpofure's Husband, Rema Speaks On Her Death & COZA Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.