Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights (49136 Views)

I Don’t Have joystick Erection Over My Wife’s Nagging Attitude- Husband (pic) / Man Dumped On Wedding Day Over Low Sperm Impregnates New Wife (pic) / "Sex On The First Date Led To This For Me" -Recently Married Woman Reveals. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by Adesiji77: 6:36pm On Apr 18, 2015
It is no news that after wedding ceremony, newlywed couples usually rush to their bridal suite or hotel room to have some post-nuptial romantic exercise or sexual congress. It is usually one night too many for many, mainly for the romp in the sack (great sex), and the eager consummation of the marriage that follows that long and enduring expectation is usually historic and unique.

According to some religious beliefs, people are not expected to have sexual intercourse until they are legally married, hence, the high sexual plans and expectation built around the wedding night cannot be over-emphasised.

However, in spite of the high expectation and readiness of either or both parties, studies have shown that many end up not having sex on the wedding night. Perhaps the tradition of wedding night sex is fading away.

Reasons adduced for this trend include exhaustion, fatigue, intoxication, physiological stress and emotional overload. Regardless, weddings are beautiful and lovely, but they can be exhausting and tiring.

One of the studies pointed out that the groom being too drunk to make love, the bride falling asleep and couples having arguments during the wedding ceremony, especially at the reception, were popular reasons why couples don’t consummate their marriage. While another study emphasised that the refusal or inability of many to wait until marriage before having sex has reduced the significance and once-upon-a-time importance attached to wedding night sex.

In this study, a United Kingdom-based stationeries company, PaperShaker, surveyed 1,000 newlyweds. It was found that the biggest reason for the decline in wedding night sex was that many people don’t wait until marriage to have sex.

In fact, about 16 per cent of the participants admitted to having more sex since becoming engaged. While 25 per cent said they did not have sex on their wedding night. Also, about 60 per cent said they slept with two or more of their wedding guests, more so because about 30 per cent said they invited their ex-lovers to their wedding. Men were more guilty of this.

It could be deduced that majority of couples getting married have already been around the block in the bedroom together, so the rush to finally do it on their wedding night isn’t nearly as intense or necessary.

Commenting on the study, a relationship expert, April Masini, said sex on the wedding night used to symbolise the end of virginity that was guarded until marriage unlike now that it has become more fashionable to have sex before marriage. “Because sex before marriage is now the norm, the tradition has lost its meaning, so sex on the wedding night might not have the significance that it used to,” she said.

In another survey by a money-saving website, VoucherCodesPro, which involved 2,128 newlyweds, it was found that more than 52 per cent of the participants didn’t have sex on their wedding night.

There were many reasons given for this unfulfilled expectation. These include the bride or the groom getting drunk, the bride or the groom being too tired and falling asleep, couples having argument during wedding reception, travelling to their honeymoon destination and looking after or being distracted by their children, for those who already had children before marriage.

Sorry, no sex tonight!Other reasons given by the participants include staying up all night partying and celebrating with guests and that neither of them felt like having sex, for whatever reason.

http://www.punchng.com/entertainment/saturday-breeze/revealed-most-newlyweds-dont-have-sex-on-wedding-nights/

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by Adesiji77: 6:38pm On Apr 18, 2015
cool
Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 18, 2015
After the rigours of the day, it's not that difficult to believe!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 18, 2015
this world has spoilt!!!
we never fornicated in my days.

do you taste if an orange is sweet before you decide to buy it?
you are only allowed to examine with a little pressing here and there.

but nowadays...

174 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 18, 2015
I fear for the coming generation.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by kodded(m): 6:49pm On Apr 18, 2015
krall:
this world has spoilt!!!

but nowadays...
now they will taste 57 oranges and finally buy the mango embarassed cry

322 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by jmoore(m): 6:52pm On Apr 18, 2015
After they have test-driven for more than 10 years. What do you expect? The "odometer" can no longer measure the mileage.

Majority of those that are eager to have sex on wedding night are virgins.

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by delugadou(m): 6:55pm On Apr 18, 2015
krall:
this world has spoilt!!!

but nowadays...

Spot on!
These days we no longer have to open our mouths before we can swallow eba

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by Visocrate(m): 7:01pm On Apr 18, 2015
My fiance is a born again o I no chop craze make I mention sex before wedding that one go dey until after wedding a day after lol

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by Ishilove: 7:11pm On Apr 18, 2015
krall:
this world has spoilt!!!

but nowadays...
Nowadays, people tear the orange to pieces whilst sucking it with gusto and alacrity. No time for pressing

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by datguru: 7:14pm On Apr 18, 2015
My wedding night is gonna be great. It will be a day worth remembering

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by Missmossy(f): 7:15pm On Apr 18, 2015
Who doesn't know?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by Jamean(f): 7:15pm On Apr 18, 2015
Ok.

We have read chapter 1 - 4 of the thesis. OP where is chapter 5 for Conclusion and Recommendations undecided

2 Likes

Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by Nobody: 7:15pm On Apr 18, 2015
Why rush for something you are gonna do for the rest of your life

17 Likes

Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by exemen: 7:15pm On Apr 18, 2015
well.......................may God help us all,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by CircleOfWilis: 7:15pm On Apr 18, 2015
Why should they have sex on their wedding nite....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by tunamenga(m): 7:15pm On Apr 18, 2015
I agree but how u take know/
Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by tiamiyukunle69(m): 7:15pm On Apr 18, 2015
Really Things are changing these days. Once couples to be become engaged they want to taste the fruit sharp sharp.

3 Likes

Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by 1stola: 7:15pm On Apr 18, 2015
Why
Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by Nobody: 7:15pm On Apr 18, 2015
When wedding tiredness sets in.

3 Likes

Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by uchesino(m): 7:16pm On Apr 18, 2015
B4 nko.
Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by cao(f): 7:16pm On Apr 18, 2015
Err...was the exclamation mark necessary?
Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by tunwumi: 7:16pm On Apr 18, 2015
How did you come to this conclusion?
Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by Motolank: 7:16pm On Apr 18, 2015
Because they have had enough b4 wedding undecided, what is now new wink

8 Likes

Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by Nobody: 7:17pm On Apr 18, 2015
in most cases you would be too tired to bang after the whole ceremony of the day... and in most cases you would have banged before the wedding so nothing special.

4 Likes

Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by Nobody: 7:17pm On Apr 18, 2015
@OP ure wrong, i dnt agree with wat uve said simply bcaus sex on a wedding night among couples is on the mind set, 9 out of 10 couples have it in mind dat d night on their wedding day its 4 sex, so no matter d stress dat they might have gone through at day time their mindset is still eagering and wanting 4 sex, infact their libido get high when they are in their room alone at night and there is 99% chance dat sex will take place.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by Bishop4bella(m): 7:17pm On Apr 18, 2015
You still want the husband to climb highest mountain with the stress he passed through during the day.

Abi wan say they rush oko iyawo to hospital ni.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by netmillionaires(m): 7:17pm On Apr 18, 2015
The main reason been that most newly weds of nowaday have had sex a countless times before the marriage formal so the longing to have that first experience is hardly there. For the ones who have not had sex with each other before marriage, most especially the virgins the longing to have that first sex and see how it feels will be there. That's y u ll see them lunge at each other and tear themselves apart the moment they enter the privacy of their room.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Appreciates The Christmas Chicken Her Husband Bought But Gets Slammed / He Is A Better Lover Than My Husband / This Pretty Girl Is Missing (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.