Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,353 members, 7,819,257 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Do I Resign From My Oil Company Job And Focus On My Husband? [advice Needed] - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do I Resign From My Oil Company Job And Focus On My Husband? [advice Needed] (2921 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / My Husband Runs Away From Having Sexual Intercourse With Me: Wife / His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Resign From My Oil Company Job And Focus On My Husband? [advice Needed] by Guruscrew: 7:28am On Nov 03, 2014
“My husband has just advised I resign my oil and
gas job so I can focus on a business he started
years before we met and married. It is our belief
that every family should own at least one business
of their own.

As much as I buy into that belief, I am hesitant to
resign my oil and gas job as I don’t know whether
it would be a wise decision for me as a wife to
abruptly just resign. Would it also be wise for me to
insist that we have a legal framework where we
have equal ownership of the company?

Am thinking this would cause a friction between us.
I’m also making a lot of money where I work now
and I don’t know what things will be like working
with my husband. I really need your advise.

http://gist212.com/2014/11/do-i-resign-from-my-oil-company-job-and-focus-on-my-husband-advice-needed/
Re: Do I Resign From My Oil Company Job And Focus On My Husband? [advice Needed] by Edwinmason(m): 7:59am On Nov 03, 2014
All i have to say is that FAMILY IS POWER THE BOND DAT BIND FAMILY TOGETHER IS LOVE NT MONEY

1 Like

Re: Do I Resign From My Oil Company Job And Focus On My Husband? [advice Needed] by gidjah(m): 8:11am On Nov 03, 2014
HE IS simply askin you to choose between two things,your career or your familly!it depends on which carries weight most on your heart.do your mathematics,cross the 'T's and dot the 'I's ,come up wit a final take on the matter.your guiding questions should be;do we have kids now,how many do we hav,are we planning to have more,do i really love this man tellin of this,do i really love and trust him enough to want to leave my job and follow some strange familly job!can i trust him forever,am i sure he will not change later and leave of poor and broke after i have spent all my money on his company,am i even sure he is not doing this out of jealousy? ?pls my dear all this questions are begging for answers and until you get the right answer for them do not take any DECISION O!GOD BLESS U
Re: Do I Resign From My Oil Company Job And Focus On My Husband? [advice Needed] by bukatyne(f): 11:12am On Nov 03, 2014
What does your husband currently do?

Did you both discuss individual career path/goals before marriage?

Do you have flair for business?

Do you have kids yet?

Why really does he want you to resign? Do you earn more than him?
Re: Do I Resign From My Oil Company Job And Focus On My Husband? [advice Needed] by audreybrian(f): 11:28am On Nov 03, 2014
Hell no undecided

1 Like

Re: Do I Resign From My Oil Company Job And Focus On My Husband? [advice Needed] by tolustx(m): 12:14pm On Nov 03, 2014
This is a serious defining moment of ur relationship. Well, I will say b4 u consider quitting dat job, be sure dat:
1. You love the family business. It is not what u are jst managing to cope with.
2. The business is a viable one.
3. Ur husband is not asking u to do dis because u're probably earning more than him

And this questions:
1. Does ur husby ve anoda job apart frm ds business?
2. Can't u both manage d business 2geda, still retaining ur present jobs?
Re: Do I Resign From My Oil Company Job And Focus On My Husband? [advice Needed] by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 03, 2014
Pls resign so i can take over from your work madam....wil giv u 30percent of my monthly salary for five years..... How abt that? It wil help u in ur business also...think abt it nd give me a feedbak.... Na 2.1 i get for my degree ooo....

1 Like

Re: Do I Resign From My Oil Company Job And Focus On My Husband? [advice Needed] by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 03, 2014
What you should do is reason along with your husband and be as objective as you possibly can, you(two) are going into business after all. You guys should put heads together and see which decision is most beneficial. Don't stay on the job if joining the business is a better option and vice versa. This should be the obvious action to take. The key words are open-mindedness and objectivity.
Re: Do I Resign From My Oil Company Job And Focus On My Husband? [advice Needed] by genchukky(m): 3:11pm On Nov 03, 2014
There is a warri say;hold where you hold oh,my candid opinion is continue with your job,cos business can be unpredictable.
Beside your man has been running the business so I think he should continue while you hold on to your job.......
Just passing thru sha grin

3 Likes

Re: Do I Resign From My Oil Company Job And Focus On My Husband? [advice Needed] by jmoore(m): 3:44pm On Nov 03, 2014
@op, post your own problem.

Why should we advice a blog post? undecided

1 Like

Re: Do I Resign From My Oil Company Job And Focus On My Husband? [advice Needed] by beeevan: 3:50pm On Nov 03, 2014
Hold on to your job oooo!!!! Why don't he resign and face the business, if he makes it marriage or your job, choose your job, a man that gives such ultimatum isn't worth your time.

1 Like

Re: Do I Resign From My Oil Company Job And Focus On My Husband? [advice Needed] by jaybee3(m): 3:50pm On Nov 03, 2014
Porkies
Re: Do I Resign From My Oil Company Job And Focus On My Husband? [advice Needed] by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 03, 2014
If you love your job and you are happy to wake up every morning to go to work, i say stick with it because there is nothing more fulfilling than waking up every day to so what you love the most.

You came into this world alone and you will leave this world alone, do not waste the little time you have on this earth doing things that make everyone else unhappy except for you.

If u do decide to resign it would be best you guys become partners with equal shares in the business, because the sacrifice you would have made will be huge.

2 Likes

Re: Do I Resign From My Oil Company Job And Focus On My Husband? [advice Needed] by Truckpusher(m): 5:11pm On Nov 03, 2014
Mondisweets:
If you love your job and you are happy to wake up every morning to go to work, i say stick with it because there is nothing more fulfilling than waking up every day to so what you love the most.

You came into this world alone and you will leave this world alone, do not waste the little time you have on this earth doing things that make everyone else unhappy except for you.

If u do decide to resign it would be best you guys become partners with equal shares in the business, because the sacrifice you would have made will be huge.

undecided What is this one saying? grin

4 Likes

Re: Do I Resign From My Oil Company Job And Focus On My Husband? [advice Needed] by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 03, 2014
Truckpusher:
undecided What is this one saying? grin
go push your trucks abeg

1 Like

Re: Do I Resign From My Oil Company Job And Focus On My Husband? [advice Needed] by duperola(f): 6:41pm On Nov 03, 2014
my sister,i sincerely think u need 2 sit him down and talk.let him either give u a partnership or put u on a salary!u also need 2 see how prosperous d biz is b4 puttin all ur eggs in one basket by u resigning.if he is willin 2 do all that,pls resign!family 1st
Re: Do I Resign From My Oil Company Job And Focus On My Husband? [advice Needed] by soulglo: 10:03pm On Nov 03, 2014
I wouldn't give up my career for no good cause. If you decide to do that then make sure you legally own half of the company. No compromise on the one. Unless of course he wants to sign a higher percentage over to you.

2 Likes

Re: Do I Resign From My Oil Company Job And Focus On My Husband? [advice Needed] by Nobody: 11:57pm On Nov 03, 2014
We are living in a very wicked world and humans are unpredictable including yur husband and his business. You dnt mix marriage with business. You better stick to your job while he sticks to his business.

3 Likes

Re: Do I Resign From My Oil Company Job And Focus On My Husband? [advice Needed] by Kanwulia: 12:09am On Nov 04, 2014
Any man that asks you as a wife to GIVE UP YOUR DREAMS . . . to foster his IS A SADIST!
I will never give up my IDENTITY for ANY MAN! kiss
You can always build a career. . . .NEVER WITH A HUSBAND! kiss

3 Likes

Re: Do I Resign From My Oil Company Job And Focus On My Husband? [advice Needed] by Nobody: 12:24am On Nov 04, 2014
Kanwulia:
Any man that asks you as a wife to GIVE UP YOUR DREAMS . . . to foster his IS A SADIST!
I will never give up my IDENTITY for ANY MAN! kiss
You can always build a career. . . .NEVER WITH A HUSBAND! kiss

Were you once "Calloti"?
Re: Do I Resign From My Oil Company Job And Focus On My Husband? [advice Needed] by Kanwulia: 1:00am On Nov 04, 2014
Tashamania:

Were you once "Calloti"?

Meeeeeeeee?
Impossible!
No way! wink
Re: Do I Resign From My Oil Company Job And Focus On My Husband? [advice Needed] by Acidosis(m): 7:16am On Nov 04, 2014
Nigerians and oyel company

dem cause una with diz oyel?
Re: Do I Resign From My Oil Company Job And Focus On My Husband? [advice Needed] by gabbytabby: 7:59am On Nov 04, 2014
If this never came up in all the discussions you had before marriage then I will be cautious about you having yourself a controlling man, they first strip you of financial and emotional independence.

There is no saying that you cannot run a business with your husband see how the business is doing, make a progressive move, register your names as owners, bank accounts in both names, do part time in the business but if he resists your progressive moves. You then need to decide if what you have and what is on offer works for you.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Do I Resign From My Oil Company Job And Focus On My Husband? [advice Needed] by Godmother(f): 8:40am On Nov 04, 2014
Is the business a new one? If it is , then resigning your job for it is not only risky, but foolish as well cos the business hasn't gone through the maturity stage. Most businesses don't survive beyond 5 years. If the business is old, it means your hubby has been managing it himself all alone. Why would he now insist you join him.

My advice to you would be to continue with your job, especially one that pays you so well. I don't see why your husband would suggest leaving a certain field for an unstable one. And yes, like its been said, business can be unstable . You are high today and very low tomorrow, no matter the line of business. Try and persuade your husband to see reasons with you.

3 Likes

Re: Do I Resign From My Oil Company Job And Focus On My Husband? [advice Needed] by VocalWalls: 9:00am On Nov 04, 2014
All these issues raised by bloggers?

Who's being advised ?

1 Like

Re: Do I Resign From My Oil Company Job And Focus On My Husband? [advice Needed] by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 04, 2014
Kanwulia:

Meeeeeeeee?
Impossible!
No way! wink

you were tongue
Re: Do I Resign From My Oil Company Job And Focus On My Husband? [advice Needed] by stanprexy(m): 4:57am On Nov 05, 2014
audreybrian:
Hell no undecided
Why hell no? Is oil and gas job more important than family? If the business can foot the bills and make the family comfortable, why not quit?
Re: Do I Resign From My Oil Company Job And Focus On My Husband? [advice Needed] by 2good(m): 5:20am On Nov 05, 2014
Do not resign for any reason except you genuinely want to.

3 Likes

Re: Do I Resign From My Oil Company Job And Focus On My Husband? [advice Needed] by Nmeri17: 10:24pm On Nov 07, 2014
Kanwulia:

Meeeeeeeee?
Impossible!
No way! wink

grin mad woman grin

OP soooooo yo hubby asked u to resign and yur coming to ask us?? and if we tell u to disobey him and he throws u out we'll come and marry u abi?? cheesy you shall open leg for us all o. I am conCHESTant number one cool
Re: Do I Resign From My Oil Company Job And Focus On My Husband? [advice Needed] by Wallade(m): 11:28pm On Nov 07, 2014
My lady, my candid advice to you is that you should never quit that job for anyone. it pays your bills, he probably married you while you were at it so why does he want you to quit now? Anyway, do not quit. Talk to him about it, make him see reasons.
Re: Do I Resign From My Oil Company Job And Focus On My Husband? [advice Needed] by Durchess(f): 7:13am On Nov 08, 2014
Sweerie pls resign nd recommend me 4 d position ur abt leavin.

1 Like

Re: Do I Resign From My Oil Company Job And Focus On My Husband? [advice Needed] by Acidosis(m): 7:18am On Nov 08, 2014
ahahahaha

The new marriage law

"Disobey your husband; obey nairalanders"

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stop Sending Of Nude Pictures To Husband Or Boyfriend Abroad / My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? / What Will You Do If Your Pet Suddenly Turns Against You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.