Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Ever Fallen Victim Of A Pickpocket ? Share Your Experience Here. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ever Fallen Victim Of A Pickpocket ? Share Your Experience Here. (789 Views)

Funny PHCN Photos (share Your Experience With Them) / Ever Fallen Victim To A (learner) Bad Hair Barber? I Have! / 18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Fallen Victim Of A Pickpocket ? Share Your Experience Here. by KenSaroWiwa: 11:52am On Nov 03, 2014
The rate and manner at which these people operate these days is so alarming and sometimes, you wonder whether the government can even recruit these people because of their high level of stealth. Was at the bus-stop around 1930HRS some days back about to board a bus going towards ikotun when two guys approached me. They were neatly dressed to the extent that it was even difficult for me to suspect them of anything. Then one of them quicky shouted as I was about to board the bus "hey! bros, u don mash shït...everywhere for the bus go dey smell..big man like u nor fit just enter the bus like that na.." I couldn't understand what they were saying until they told me to raise my leg up so they can help me clean the thing. Their plan was that raising my leg up would create a space in my tight jeans pocket and it would be much more easier for them to pick my iphone 6. When I saw that my shoes were clean of rubbish, I looked at them and said "Shebi u talk sey shît dey my leg...where the shît con dey na ? And they replied "sorry bros...maybe na the ogogoro we drink dey affect us..nor vex. And I said to them "you must be very stupïd for wasting my time..... Now your stupîdity will force me to wait for another vehicle." They said nothing afterwards and they left. As I waited 20 minutes for another vehicle which was all in vain, I decided to listen to some music to cool down. I reached for my phone in my pocket but it wasn't there. I searched my bag, it wasn't there too. I turned around to look for the boys but by then, it was already too late. My wallet which contained some money and my debit card was also gone too and that wwas when I knew I had just been outsmart by these thugs. I turned into a begger that night but typical of lagosians, whenever I asked a passerby for some money to convey me to my destination, 90% of the response I got was " I'm sorry, I don't have enough on me right now " or some of them just ignore you totally as if they weren't the one you were talking to. It was then I realised the time was already 11pm and it was way too dangerous for me to trek. For heavens sake, when do I even want to get there if I decide to trek. I slept inside an empty kiosk that night and it took the help of a good samaritan the following morning to save my skin. You just gotta be careful in this country. These people have their own way of doing their thing.

Feel free to share yours.
Re: Ever Fallen Victim Of A Pickpocket ? Share Your Experience Here. by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 11:54am On Nov 03, 2014
Yes i have experienced it.2007 was in mariere hall Unec,there was this show in gymnasium hall Azikiwe stadium,me and my guys has taken some alco,when i went out to titrate a guy just came out from nowhere and informed me that if i had done it in front of the hall he would have arrested me,he told me he is one of the security guy manning the place,the alco was making me feel good and the guy was demostrating how he arrested some guys who defy the order not to urinate there,as the guy was showing me he used his finger to collect the nokia N series i just bought newly,when i went back and wanted to cheeck something on my phone,it is gone,i looked for the guy he just vanished
Re: Ever Fallen Victim Of A Pickpocket ? Share Your Experience Here. by KenSaroWiwa: 11:56am On Nov 03, 2014
mkpakanaodogwu:
Yes i have experienced it
Then share.
Re: Ever Fallen Victim Of A Pickpocket ? Share Your Experience Here. by Vicaboy(m): 11:59am On Nov 03, 2014
No experience....
Re: Ever Fallen Victim Of A Pickpocket ? Share Your Experience Here. by G12(m): 12:01pm On Nov 03, 2014
Not really, but I've been robbed at gun point on the street at about 7:30pm by 2 huge guys.
When they asked for my wallet with one hot slap, I had to beg them to only take the money that is only important to them. They took the money and my 2 phones.

Quite traumatic.

God also saved me from what seemed to be a "one chance" vehicle.
Re: Ever Fallen Victim Of A Pickpocket ? Share Your Experience Here. by briantext(m): 12:05pm On Nov 03, 2014
Nt yet
Re: Ever Fallen Victim Of A Pickpocket ? Share Your Experience Here. by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 12:17pm On Nov 03, 2014
not yet ooo cheesy

Re: Ever Fallen Victim Of A Pickpocket ? Share Your Experience Here. by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 12:20pm On Nov 03, 2014
briantext:
Nt yet
exercise some patience
Re: Ever Fallen Victim Of A Pickpocket ? Share Your Experience Here. by KenSaroWiwa: 12:56pm On Nov 03, 2014
mkpakanaodogwu:
exercise some patience
Na true na..its just a matter of time. grin

1 Like

Re: Ever Fallen Victim Of A Pickpocket ? Share Your Experience Here. by KenSaroWiwa: 1:02pm On Nov 03, 2014
G12:
Not really, but I've been robbed at gun point on the street at about 7:30pm by 2 huge guys.
When they asked for my wallet with one hot slap, I had to beg them to only take the money that is only important to them. They took the money and my 2 phones.

Quite traumatic.

God also saved me from what seemed to be a "one chance" vehicle.
Mehn those guys can be deadly at times.
Re: Ever Fallen Victim Of A Pickpocket ? Share Your Experience Here. by edogho(m): 3:31pm On Nov 03, 2014
all this not yet ppl, i'm wondering if they really stay in lagos . i've been pick pocketed and pointed a gun at. traumatic? no way, i be lag brought up na, i only think of ways to recover, that's lagos in case u don't know gringrin . worry ursef, ur heart stops, u die quick. u don't want to hear mi experience, na aboki point me gun o, chai, i thank Father Creator say e no shoot.

this seun na correct guy o, na a"b"o"k"i i write o, buh na northerner i come see gringrin

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Started In Bakassi – Paramount Ruler Of Bakassi / Brain Teaser For Brainiacs: Answer It.(image Attached) / Who Remembers This Sweet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.