Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,766 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

Manchester City Vs CSKA Moscow: UCL (1 - 2) On 5th November 2014 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester City Vs CSKA Moscow: UCL (1 - 2) On 5th November 2014 (17175 Views)

Manchester United Vs CSKA Moscow: UCL (1 - 0) On 3rd November 2015 / CSKA Moscow Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 21st October 2015 / Chelsea Vs Arsenal (2 - 0) On 5th October 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester City Vs CSKA Moscow: UCL (1 - 2) On 5th November 2014 by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:56pm On Nov 05, 2014
It is times like this I know real fans of football. All those who watched this match and are having fun stroking Man City baffles me.

Are you just watching the game to watch a team you do not like lose?

How come none of you have talked about the clear bias officiating that has helped pull Man City down.

Just like the dying minute fake Penalty the referee gave CSKA in the last game, the referee yellow carded Aguero for simulation instead of given a clear penalty.

Fernandinho's sending off was very wrong.

You all saw the last game of Man City against Man Utd. Three clear penalties were denied. It is more than Manchester City being poor and you guys know it.

I hate Man Utd but I can say that referee was wrong in the game against Leicester City and Man Utd did not deserve such poor officiating. How come other fans can not be truthful?

4 Likes

Re: Manchester City Vs CSKA Moscow: UCL (1 - 2) On 5th November 2014 by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:59pm On Nov 05, 2014
I am not optimistic about Man City going far in the Champions League. All you get for advancing in the Champions League is bragging rights. The true worth of a club is in the respect earned by winning trophies.

If we go out early, it can be a blessing in disguise for us to focus on the FA Cup and the League.

Keep marching on Citizens. Blue Moon Rising.

2 Likes

Re: Manchester City Vs CSKA Moscow: UCL (1 - 2) On 5th November 2014 by tundabolt(m): 11:01pm On Nov 05, 2014
haffaze777:
CSKA Moscow killing man shitte since 183736293636378363726735537272736725265372&2663726376$6372636736736363736746474774746474774838737363663526626262bc
. You mean you sat down to type this? (Nods his head sympatheticaly)
Re: Manchester City Vs CSKA Moscow: UCL (1 - 2) On 5th November 2014 by tundabolt(m): 11:01pm On Nov 05, 2014
haffaze777:
CSKA Moscow killing man shitte since 183736293636378363726735537272736725265372&2663726376$6372636736736363736746474774746474774838737363663526626262bc
. You mean you sat down to type this? (Nods his head sympatheticaly) chai
Re: Manchester City Vs CSKA Moscow: UCL (1 - 2) On 5th November 2014 by timbros(m): 11:08pm On Nov 05, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
It is times like this I know real fans of football. All those who watched this match and are having fun stroking Man City baffles me.

Are you just watching the game to watch a team you do not like lose?

How come nine of you have talked about the clear bias officiating that has helped in pulling City down.

Just like the dying minute fake Penalty the referee gave CSKA in the last game, the referee yellow carded Aguero for simulation instead of given a clear penalty.

Fernandinho's sending off was very wrong.

You all saw the last game of Man City against Man Utd. Three clear penalties were denied. It is more than Manchester City being poor and you guys know it.

I hate Man Utd but I can say that referee was wrong in the game against Leicester City and Man Utd did not deserve such poor officiating. How come other fans can not be truthful?

Yea right, referees costing Man City 2nd round tickets three years in a row and countinggrin

Why do you ALWAYS blame bad officiating whenever Man City lose? But everything's fine when they win?

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs CSKA Moscow: UCL (1 - 2) On 5th November 2014 by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:09pm On Nov 05, 2014
[b]Will Unwin @Will_Unwin
Follow
The referee was terrible, but if any City player speaks about anything or than his personal embarrassment then it's pathetic

Look at this statement from someone on twitter.

He starts with saying the referee was terrible but goes on to say the players should not talk about it because they played terrible.

I wonder, is there a rule in FIFA's book that says if a team is not playing well, the referee should punish them with unfair officiating.

Let us be honest. Man City has been a target. Last season, a penalty was given to Barca for a tackle outside the box. Teams have been spending millions since I started watching football. As soon as Man City starts winning trophy, they introduce the financial fair play rule and fine City and PSG millions of pounds for buying players and not being in debt. Real Madrid is in a worse state with a debt of over £400 million yet, no punishment.

It is time for FIFA and co. to be fair. Sick of biasness. Just introduce the replay system of refereeing.[/b]
Re: Manchester City Vs CSKA Moscow: UCL (1 - 2) On 5th November 2014 by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:11pm On Nov 05, 2014
timbros:

Yea right, referees costing Man City 2nd round tickets three years in a row and countinggrin

Why do you ALWAYS blame bad officiating whenever Man City lose? But everything's fine when they win?
Am I talking about two years in a role? Come on. Let us be fair. That officiating was weird, just as the officiating against Man United. Did you watch the Man United match against Man City? If you did, you will know it made no sense. Three clear penalties and the referee did not give one.
Re: Manchester City Vs CSKA Moscow: UCL (1 - 2) On 5th November 2014 by sammycarz(m): 11:12pm On Nov 05, 2014
Man City's record in the Champions League:
Played 24 Win 8 Draw 6 Loss 10
Poor
Re: Manchester City Vs CSKA Moscow: UCL (1 - 2) On 5th November 2014 by sammycarz(m): 11:13pm On Nov 05, 2014
Tom Cleverley has won more Champions League games than Manchester City have won in their entire history.
Re: Manchester City Vs CSKA Moscow: UCL (1 - 2) On 5th November 2014 by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:15pm On Nov 05, 2014
timbros:

[b]It's important to get one thing straight about Manchester City's 2-1 defeat at home to CSKA Moscow - it is mostly their own fault.
The defending was atrocious, the attacking unconvincing, the team spirit non-existent. The performance was largely abysmal, but Manuel Pellegrini's side - who were down to nine men by the end - were still the victims of one of the worst pieces of refereeing you'll see.

With 13 minutes remaining, City were down to 10 men and trailing 2-1 but they were probing at the visitors for an equaliser.

Sergio Aguero had raced away before being cynically hauled back by Sweden midfielder Pontus Wernbloom.

Wernbloom had already been booked and referee Tasos Sidiropoulos brandished another yellow card - only he inexplicably showed it to the wrong man, Russia defender Sergei Ignashevich.

Even UEFA agreed
https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/early-doors/referee-books-wrong-player--fails-to-send-cska-man-off-214125962.html

If good men fail to speak the truth, evil men continue to rule.
[/b]
Re: Manchester City Vs CSKA Moscow: UCL (1 - 2) On 5th November 2014 by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:17pm On Nov 05, 2014
City were incredulous - it was pretty obvious who had committed the foul, and Wernbloom looks nothing like Ignashevich, other than being male, and of fair complexion.

The incident raises questions about officiating - regardless of using video technology, what is the point of assistants and fourth officials if they can't correct or help a referee? It was clear as mud that Wernbloom committed the foul, and everyone knew it apart from poor Tasos.
https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/early-doors/referee-books-wrong-player--fails-to-send-cska-man-off-214125962.html
Re: Manchester City Vs CSKA Moscow: UCL (1 - 2) On 5th November 2014 by timbros(m): 11:18pm On Nov 05, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Am I talking about two years in a role? Come on. Let us be fair. That officiating was weird, just as the officiating against Man United. Did you watch the Man United match against Man City? If you did, you will know it made no sense. Three clear penalties and the referee did not give one.

I'm taking about your comments here on NL. You are the only Man City fan I know of in NL and everytime, I mean, EVERYTIME a result goes against Man City, its the officiating. Why? The coach don't share the blame neither do the players...why bros?
Re: Manchester City Vs CSKA Moscow: UCL (1 - 2) On 5th November 2014 by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:23pm On Nov 05, 2014
timbros:

I'm taking about your comments here on NL. You are the only Man City fan I know of in NL and everytime, I mean, EVERYTIME a result goes against Man City, its the officiating. Why? The coach don't share the blame neither do the players...why bros?
Stop lying. I never commented here of any of our losses to Chelsea, or Sunderland or Hull City. I never complained when Liverpool beat Man City last season. So how do I complain every time? When Bayern Munich beat us last season did I complain? What of when Man City lost to Bayern this season did I complain?

I complained about the fact Demeichelis tackled Messi outside a box and a penalty we as given. That is wrong. Typical Nigerian style, someone gets ridiculed for speaking against wrong.

Stop lying against me. I do not complain every time as you put it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester City Vs CSKA Moscow: UCL (1 - 2) On 5th November 2014 by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:26pm On Nov 05, 2014
Manchester City were beaten at home by CSKA Moscow to leave themselves with an uphill struggle to qualify.

No wonder Manchester City fans believe that Uefa are “bent”.

Greek referee Tasos Sidiropouls gave a performance of such ineptitude – sending off two City men, booking the wrong CSKA man when he was on a yellow and missing two clear Blue penalties – that it almost drew a veil over City’s own woeful display.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/man-city-1-cska-moscow-8058493

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs CSKA Moscow: UCL (1 - 2) On 5th November 2014 by timbros(m): 11:27pm On Nov 05, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
It's important to get one thing straight about Manchester City's 2-1 defeat at home to CSKA Moscow - it is mostly their own fault.
The defending was atrocious, the attacking unconvincing, the team spirit non-existent. The performance was largely abysmal, but Manuel Pellegrini's side - who were down to nine men by the end - were still the victims of one of the worst pieces of refereeing you'll see.

With 13 minutes remaining, City were down to 10 men and trailing 2-1 but they were probing at the visitors for an equaliser.

Sergio Aguero had raced away before being cynically hauled back by Sweden midfielder Pontus Wernbloom.

Wernbloom had already been booked and referee Tasos Sidiropoulos brandished another yellow card - only he inexplicably showed it to the wrong man, Russia defender Sergei Ignashevich.

Even UEFA agreed

If good men fail to speak the truth, evil men continue to rule.

Do you expect to win a match playing like that? @bolded.

The red card incidents happened 13 minutes to go. If Man City were winning with, let's say with 2 goals margin, will that Aguero incident mean much? No.

But because Man City was playing like @bolded, a mistaken 2ND yellow card becomes a big deal.
Re: Manchester City Vs CSKA Moscow: UCL (1 - 2) On 5th November 2014 by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:28pm On Nov 05, 2014
It is true that Yaya Toure deserved to walk for a stupid, frustrated push into the face of Roman Eremenko.

But the official got little else right, and provided plenty of fuel for conspiracy theorists who feel the governing body want City out of the competition.

The fans staged their own protest about Uefa’s feeble non-punishment of CSKA in the Moscow game a fortnight earlier, turning their backs on the pre-match anthem.

Many fans have also stayed away precisely because they feel it reeks of corruption, and they will feel justified – although it could just be that Mr Sidiropoulos is a particularly bad referee.
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/man-city-1-cska-moscow-8058493
Re: Manchester City Vs CSKA Moscow: UCL (1 - 2) On 5th November 2014 by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:31pm On Nov 05, 2014
timbros:

The red card incidents happened 13 minutes to go. If Man City were winning with, let's say with 2 goals margin, will that Aguero incident mean much? No.

But because Man City was playing like @bolded, a mistaken 2ND yellow card becomes a big deal.
Have you not seen a match where a team is playing poorly and performs well in the last ten minutes. Do you think Nigeria would have won the Brazilians at Atlanta 1996 if our players were poorly sent of earlier.

The point is that the referee's poor officiating frustrated and killed the game for City.

Is there a rule in FIFA that says if a team is poor, the referee should punish them with poor officiating?
Re: Manchester City Vs CSKA Moscow: UCL (1 - 2) On 5th November 2014 by timbros(m): 11:33pm On Nov 05, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Have you not seen a match where a team is playing poorly and performs well in the last ten minutes. Do you think Nigeria would have won the Brazilians at Atlanta 1996 if our players were poorly sent of earlier.

The point is that the referee's poor officiating frustrated and killed the game for City.

Is there a rule in FIFA that says if a team is poor, the referee should punish them with poor officiating?

There is no rule like that.

However the team should play well before complaining.

Nuff said. Goodnight bro.
Re: Manchester City Vs CSKA Moscow: UCL (1 - 2) On 5th November 2014 by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:34pm On Nov 05, 2014
timbros:

The referee was wrong to send of Fernandinho unjustly. A player of CSKA Moscow was supposed to be sent off and they would have gone a man down and tilted the fame in City's favor. Instead of the referee sending off the player, he gave the card to a wrong player who has no resemblance to the guilty player.

Man be honest and call evil what it is evil. That was clearly premeditated. Same with the three denied penalties against Man United.

If you want to point out City not playing well, it does not change the fact that one of the worst officiating was done against Man City today.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs CSKA Moscow: UCL (1 - 2) On 5th November 2014 by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:36pm On Nov 05, 2014
timbros:

There is no rule like that.

However the team should play well before complaining.

Nuff said. Goodnight bro.
That is not true. The truth is every team deserves fair officiating. Video technology should be brought in.

Good night.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs CSKA Moscow: UCL (1 - 2) On 5th November 2014 by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:54pm On Nov 05, 2014
[b]If Manchester City are ever to fully embrace the Champions League and become one of Europe’s true heavyweights, they will remember nights like this one, when protest and acrimony was allowed to distract the supporters from the priority of getting behind their team.
Infused by a sense of victimisation at the hands of Uefa, the anger of City’s fanbase before, during and after this game was understandable.
By the end of the game, Greek referee Tasos Sidiropoulos was berated with chants of “cheat” after dismissing Yaya Toure and Fernandinho and denying Sergio Aguero two penalties, with “Champions League is f------ bent” also ringing out.
The club has been singled out for punitive treatment for failing to comply with Financial Fair Play regulations — City were fined £49 million for their overspending — and forced to accept a succession of tough Champions League groups due to Uefa’s complex seeding system.
With Uefa ordering CSKA to stage last month’s Group E encounter in Moscow behind closed doors at the Khimki Arena, only for the Russians to be backed by 300 noisy, beer-drinking supporters while City’s fans were told to stay at home, the pre-match booing of the Champions League anthem was an audible expression of displeasure towards Michel Platini’s unloved organisation.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/11212314/Manchester-City-supporters-vent-fury-as-sense-of-injustice-grows-during-controversial-defeat-to-CSKA-Moscow.html[/b]

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs CSKA Moscow: UCL (1 - 2) On 5th November 2014 by dotcomnamename: 12:27am On Nov 06, 2014
STUPIDITY is when VINCENT KOMPANY rejected £60 milllion offer plus two Ferrari that he can't play for Arsenal only because Arsenal played 3-3 draw with Anderlecht.

FOOLISHNESS is when VINCENT KOMPANY quickly forgot that Man City were leading 2-0 against CSKA MOSCOW but ended the match 2-2 draw.

BRAINLESS and MUMU is when VINCENT KOMPANY is still struggling to believe that CSKA MOSCOW beat his club Man City 1-2 tonight at Etihad Stadium.

Any Advice For Vincent Kompany? grin

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs CSKA Moscow: UCL (1 - 2) On 5th November 2014 by khattab02: 12:29am On Nov 06, 2014
Eyah.. Joehunt3 sorry eh! I knew u will have alot to say. It is one of those bad days where most things will go wrong. Arsenal will count themselves unlucky to conceed an offside goal on tuesday night and a Leceister city defender will be happy that the ref didn't see his delibrate elbow on Berahino on sat. different kinds of poo happens.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs CSKA Moscow: UCL (1 - 2) On 5th November 2014 by khattab02: 12:37am On Nov 06, 2014
City should just try and make the Europa. They might excel there, champions league not their luck and favour.
Re: Manchester City Vs CSKA Moscow: UCL (1 - 2) On 5th November 2014 by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:51am On Nov 06, 2014
dotcomnamename:
STUPIDITY is when VINCENT KOMPANY rejected £60 milllion offer plus two Ferrari that he can't play for Arsenal only because Arsenal played 3-3 draw with Anderlecht.

FOOLISHNESS is when VINCENT KOMPANY quickly forgot that Man City were leading 2-0 against CSKA MOSCOW but ended the match 2-2 draw.

BRAINLESS and MUMU is when VINCENT KOMPANY is still struggling to believe that CSKA MOSCOW beat his club Man City 1-2 tonight at Etihad Stadium.

Any Advice For Vincent Kompany? grin

Kompany ended his tweet by referring to Arsenal as a great club. Kompany was not happy because Arsenal was losing. He was happy because his boyhood club where he grew up and played for had a lifeline to stay in the Champions League. Kompany was born a fan of Anderlecht. Grew up and played in that club for fourteen years.

That is not foolishness but a man who respects his history.

Do you think it would be smart for Kompany to dump City for Arsenal because of money. Money is not even a problem for Man City. Our owner is about to sink in over £300 million pounds into Real Madrid.

Kompany saying yes to Pierce Morgan's offer would he disrespectful to Man City and its fans. Even if he wanted to take it.

2 Likes

Re: Manchester City Vs CSKA Moscow: UCL (1 - 2) On 5th November 2014 by harrillpatricia: 12:56am On Nov 06, 2014
my roomate's step-aunt makes $61 hourly on the laptop . She has been out of a job for 6 months but last month her pay was $20895 just working on the laptop for a few hours. go to this website ... www.moneykin.com
Re: Manchester City Vs CSKA Moscow: UCL (1 - 2) On 5th November 2014 by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:31am On Nov 06, 2014
"When no one believes anymore it's my role to still believe. Thanks for the great support today. #MCFC #UsAgainstTheWorld #KeepTheFaith ". ..........Vincent Kompany.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs CSKA Moscow: UCL (1 - 2) On 5th November 2014 by mickyarams: 7:22am On Nov 06, 2014
harrillpatricia:
my roomate's step-aunt makes $61 hourly on the laptop . She has been out of a job for 6 months but last month her pay was $20895 just working on the laptop for a few hours. go to this website ... www.moneykin.com

4ck off 419!
Re: Manchester City Vs CSKA Moscow: UCL (1 - 2) On 5th November 2014 by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 06, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
[b]Will Unwin @Will_Unwin
Follow
The referee was terrible, but if any City player speaks about anything or than his personal embarrassment then it's pathetic

Look at this statement from someone on twitter.

He starts with saying the referee was terrible but goes on to say the players should not talk about it because they played terrible.

I wonder, is there a rule in FIFA's book that says if a team is not playing well, the referee should punish them with unfair officiating.

Let us be honest. Man City has been a target. Last season, a penalty was given to Barca for a tackle outside the box. Teams have been spending millions since I started watching football. As soon as Man City starts winning trophy, they introduce the financial fair play rule and fine City and PSG millions of pounds for buying players and not being in debt. Real Madrid is in a worse state with a debt of over £400 million yet, no punishment.

It is time for FIFA and co. to be fair. Sick of biasness. Just introduce the replay system of refereeing.[/b]
you are right, but it's part of the evolution. Chelsea equally passed 2ru that stage. Take heart. Proudly a Mourinhosta.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs CSKA Moscow: UCL (1 - 2) On 5th November 2014 by dotcomnamename: 8:01am On Nov 06, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Kompany ended his tweet by referring to Arsenal as a great club. Kompany was not happy because Arsenal was losing. He was happy because his boyhood club where he grew up and played for had a lifeline to stay in the Champions League. Kompany was born a fan of Anderlecht. Grew up and played in that club for fourteen years.

That is not foolishness but a man who respects his history.

Do you think it would be smart for Kompany to dump City for Arsenal because of money. Money is not even a problem for Man City. Our owner is about to sink in over £300 million pounds in Real Madrid.

Kompany saying yes to Pierce Morgan's offer would he disrespectful to Man City and its fans. Even if he wanted to take it.

I am dissapointed with this your message. Did you just know footballers? They can say more than that. Don't trust any of them bro. Mouth too sweet to cook vegetable.. You will be shocked if it happen... grin I believe you understand my point..
Re: Manchester City Vs CSKA Moscow: UCL (1 - 2) On 5th November 2014 by Shollay20(m): 8:02am On Nov 06, 2014
a lot of people are enjoying free mb on mtn

http://sholaqozeem..com/2014/11/review-free-mtn-100mb.html
Re: Manchester City Vs CSKA Moscow: UCL (1 - 2) On 5th November 2014 by tolutweety(m): 8:03am On Nov 06, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
"When no one believes anymore it's my role to still believe. Thanks for the great support today. #MCFC #UsAgainstTheWorld #KeepTheFaith ". ..........Vincent Kompany.

I just liked your comments. #MCFC # UsAgainstTheWorld

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs West Brom (2 - 2) On 13th January 2016 / Age Scandal: Essien, Mensah, Kingston accused by ex-Ghanaian FA President / Manchester United Vs Liverpool Capital One Cup (1 - 0) On 25th September 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.