Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

Age Scandal: Essien, Mensah, Kingston accused by ex-Ghanaian FA President - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Age Scandal: Essien, Mensah, Kingston accused by ex-Ghanaian FA President (17217 Views)

$60m Radamel Falcao In Age Falsification Scandal / Mikel Dusts Essien, Song, Gerrard And Scholes: / Yaya Toure Vs. Micheal Essien (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Age Scandal: Essien, Mensah, Kingston accused by ex-Ghanaian FA President by Ibime(m): 7:40pm On Apr 29, 2010
http://ghanasoccernet.com/2010/04/ex-ghana-fa-boss-tamakloe-in-astonishing-essien-attack/

[size=14pt]
Ex-Ghana FA boss Tamakloe in astonishing Essien attack[/size]

Ex-Ghana FA chief Dr. Nyaho Tamakloe has launched an astonishing attack on Chelsea ace Michael Essien implying that he is an age cheat.

The former Hearts of Oak boss also accused John Pantsil of Fulham and Hearts’ Laryea Kingston, and Sunderland powerful defender John Mensah saying their recent injuries are testament to his allegation.

The ex-diplomat was not diplomatic when he implied that the four players are among the hundreds of Ghanaian stars who have been involved in age cheating which is now catching up on them.

In a sharp rebuttal Randy Abbey, the spokesman for the Ghana Football Association, says such statements are designed to berate the players and undermine Ghana’s World Cup campaign.

Mr Tamakloe made his attack in an interview with a local radio station Peace FM when asked about the growing number of injuries in the Ghana squad ahead of the World Cup.

“Essien is 1, Pantsil is 2, John Mensah is 3, and Laryea Kingston. Even if they say he is fit is a bit doubtful to me,” Tamakloe said.

“So if you watch carefully we don’t have frontline players we can call players who can take us up. It’s a bit disturbing.

“What I personally have observed is that most of them are burnt out now.

“I remember when I was the FA boss I insisted that anyone that would have to be brought into the Black Stars and for that matter even the junior groups must be right.

“We must make sure we bring people whose ages reflect would represent the exact tournament they are supposed to be playing in.”

The outburst was immediately criticised by the younger Ghana FA’s director of communications who fears not only a negative effect on the country but also far from the truth.

“I beg to differ with my uncle Dr. Nyaho Tamakloe. With all due respect, I think that the issues are unfounded,” Abbey told Peace FM.

“There are many players across the world who are injury prone and I think injuries are part of football.

“I do not think people should despair. I recall that Graphic Sports did an editorial during the Nations Cup after Ivory Coast had beaten us that this was a January Disaster and that the June disaster was about to happen.

“When (they make such criticisms) and things turn around, they do not come back to say that ‘what we said was wrong’.”

Meanwhile some football fans who Ghanasoccernet interviewed described Mr Tamakloe’s attack on the players as “utterly irresponsible”.

“The red mist comes down and his judgement flies out of the window. He has no right whatsoever to insult our national heroes who have got integrity,” Lawrence Opare a Ghana football expert said.

“The said players must actually come out to sue him so that he can come clean with any information he knows. Otherwise he must shut up. This is utterly irresponsible.

“Now Ghanaians are sick and tired of people of accuse our players of being age cheats yet they are reluctant to provide information or contrary evidence to back their scurrilous claims.

“This is not the first time we are hearing this but until such a time that a player takes someone to court to nail such accusers they won’t stop sniping.

“He has every right to his own view but not to express it especially when you are a former FA boss and have no evidence whatsoever to back your claims.”

Tamakloe is a well known football firebrand and in 1987 fired all the players of Ghana’s biggest clubs Hearts of Oak and replaced them with young players who went on to win laurels.
Re: Age Scandal: Essien, Mensah, Kingston accused by ex-Ghanaian FA President by Ibime(m): 7:42pm On Apr 29, 2010
And here's Laryea Kingston lying through his teeth in a BBC interview:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8651893.stm
Re: Age Scandal: Essien, Mensah, Kingston accused by ex-Ghanaian FA President by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 29, 2010
LOL. . .it's an African thing.
90% of African players lie anyway, no biggie.
Re: Age Scandal: Essien, Mensah, Kingston accused by ex-Ghanaian FA President by chic2pimp(m): 8:11pm On Apr 29, 2010
Can't say I am that suprised tbh . . . . .I'll be astounded If I found out that Essien was Under 31/32

Also we all know that those Ghanians Boys that won the U20 Tournament  are all a buncha Underfed Malnourished twenty somethings(Late twenties to be precise)

Ibime:

And here's Laryea Kingston lying through his teeth in a BBC interview:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8651893.stm
'Going On Thirty' ma black backside. Will you get the fu, c.k outta here.
Re: Age Scandal: Essien, Mensah, Kingston accused by ex-Ghanaian FA President by Ibime(m): 11:01pm On Apr 29, 2010
BlueDiva:

LOL. . .it's an African thing.
90% of African players lie anyway, no biggie.

I think its time to start selling Essien though before age-factor kicks in. . . . if we leave it 2 or 3 years, we might not even cop £5m for him. tongue
Re: Age Scandal: Essien, Mensah, Kingston accused by ex-Ghanaian FA President by Nobody: 3:33am On Apr 30, 2010
LOL,
I've never really had issues with age.

An 'old' Drog still contest with Rooney and Torres.
An 'old' VDS makes Fabianski and Foster look like trash.

Essien may still have another 5yrs in him. . .lol
Re: Age Scandal: Essien, Mensah, Kingston accused by ex-Ghanaian FA President by tkb417(m): 7:49am On Apr 30, 2010
na age we go chop?

Essien is one of the best in the world as at today so sell him at ur own peril
Re: Age Scandal: Essien, Mensah, Kingston accused by ex-Ghanaian FA President by dominique(f): 10:58am On Apr 30, 2010
this Dr. Nyaho Tamakloe of a person is just as bitter as they come. why didn't he make the "astonishing" revelation while he was still the GFA president? comments like that shouldn't be coming from a person like him, only makes look silly.
Re: Age Scandal: Essien, Mensah, Kingston accused by ex-Ghanaian FA President by Ibime(m): 6:24pm On Apr 30, 2010
BlueDiva:

LOL,
I've never really had issues with age.

An 'old' Drog still contest with Rooney and Torres.
An 'old' VDS makes Fabianski and Foster look like trash.

Essien may still have another 5yrs in him. . .lol

Name the last African player that played well into his thirties. . . Oliseh? Appiah? Mahmadou Diarra?

Lets send Essien to Man Utd. . . they can give him 10 year contract. . . its time for us to get a younger model of Essien. . . Palacios for example.
Re: Age Scandal: Essien, Mensah, Kingston accused by ex-Ghanaian FA President by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 30, 2010
To start with, how many African players are actually in their 20's?. Real age i mean.

Certainly not Eboue, Kalou, DD etc.
Apart from those born and registered abroad, all others are fraud.

IMHO, Essien still has it in him. Essien is X2 of a younger Mikel.
Re: Age Scandal: Essien, Mensah, Kingston accused by ex-Ghanaian FA President by 4Play(m): 6:58pm On Apr 30, 2010
I don't think the problem of age cheating is as pervasive in other parts of sub-Saharan Africa as it is in Nigeria, Cameroun, Ghana and Sierra Leone.

It doesn't seem like the Southern and Eastern Afican regions engage in it as much. Some countries in West Africa like Ivory Coast seem relatively honest.
Re: Age Scandal: Essien, Mensah, Kingston accused by ex-Ghanaian FA President by dayokanu(m): 7:10pm On Apr 30, 2010
Name the last African player that played well into his thirties. . . Oliseh? Appiah? Mahmadou Diarra?

Didier Drogba, Samuel Etoo, Osei Kuffuor, Austin Okocha played the best football of his career closer to 40 than 30.

Lets send Essien to Man Utd. . . they can give him 10 year contract. . . its time for us to get a younger model of Essien. . . Palacios for example.

Dump an African for a South American based on age suspicion is a joke. Have you forgotten about the scandal of Eriberto/Luciano. Even Ronaldo Lima was useless before his "Thirtieth" birthday.

It doesn't seem like the Southern and Eastern Afican regions engage in it as much. Some countries in West Africa like Ivory Coast seem relatively honest.

Maybe because we dont have much quality players from that region. The closest I remember is Japhet Ndoram, Kalusha Bwalya, Chiquinho Conde and Shabani Nonda

Where are the Siyabonga Nomvete, Benni McCarthy, Quinton Fortune, Sibusizo Zuma and co. Maybe Norther Africans might be close
Re: Age Scandal: Essien, Mensah, Kingston accused by ex-Ghanaian FA President by Ibime(m): 9:51pm On Apr 30, 2010
BlueDiva:

To start with, how many African players are actually in their 20's?. Real age i mean.

Certainly not Eboue, Kalou, DD etc.
Apart from those born and registered abroad, all others are fraud.

IMHO, Essien still has it in him. Essien is X2 of a younger Mikel.

The Ivorians are relatively honest. . . . all Ivorians who came through Asec Mimosas academy cannot be more than 2 years older than they claim. . . I have seen video of Aruna Dindane as a kid training in the academy. . . . he looked like a real baby. . . . thats why he's still going strong at 30 yrs old. . .

dayokanu:

Didier Drogba, Samuel Etoo, Osei Kuffuor, Austin Okocha played the best football of his career closer to 40 than 30.

Nonsense. . . .

DD is European.
Eto only has + 2 years on his age (this has been confirmed)
Sammy Kuffour is still only 34 years old. . . . he has been finished since 2004/2005 when he was only 29.
Jay Jay never played well for Bolton after 2004. . . He was only 31 at the time.

During 2006 World Cup, a Ghanaian friend placed Essiens age at 29 for me. . . . I insist that it is time to sell Essien, before we are left carrying a useless player with no resale value. . . just like Mahmadou Diarra who was as good as Essien when they were both at Lyon.

dayokanu:

Dump an African for a South American based on age suspicion is a joke. Have you forgotten about the scandal of Eriberto/Luciano. Even Ronaldo Lima was useless before his "Thirtieth" birthday.

Fair point.
Re: Age Scandal: Essien, Mensah, Kingston accused by ex-Ghanaian FA President by dayokanu(m): 10:15pm On Apr 30, 2010
Didier Drogba was born in Abidjan, Ivory Coast, and at the age of five was sent to France by his parents to live with his uncle, Michel Goba, a professional footballer. However, Drogba soon became homesick and returned to Abidjan after three years

Whats European about Didier Drogba?
Re: Age Scandal: Essien, Mensah, Kingston accused by ex-Ghanaian FA President by Ibime(m): 10:29pm On Apr 30, 2010
dayokanu:

Whats European about Didier Drogba?

Whats not European about him?. . . he's been in France from the age of 5 (medical records, school records). . . and he returned to France at age 12. . . . he's been in the French system from childhood. . . his age is correct.
Re: Age Scandal: Essien, Mensah, Kingston accused by ex-Ghanaian FA President by dayokanu(m): 10:34pm On Apr 30, 2010
How do you know Drogba was 5 when he landed in France? Have you forgoten Freddy Adu who allegedly got into the US at age 8.

Even chickenshrimp on this NL is an example. He was smuggled into the UK at age 15 claiming 7.
Re: Age Scandal: Essien, Mensah, Kingston accused by ex-Ghanaian FA President by Ibime(m): 10:47pm On Apr 30, 2010
hehehehe. . . .

So are you saying DD was 9 years old when his parents smuggled him in claiming to be 5?. . . . a big boy like DD at 9 years old would already look 13. . . . besides, you think a parent would smuggle him in and cut his age at the tender age of 5 just because he might become a footballer 15 years down the line?

Stop yarning nonsense abeg. . .
Re: Age Scandal: Essien, Mensah, Kingston accused by ex-Ghanaian FA President by jalether(m): 10:51pm On Apr 30, 2010
dayokanu:

How do you know Drogba was 5 when he landed in France? Have you forgoten Freddy Adu who allegedly got into the US at age 8.

Even chickenshrimp on this NL is an example. He was smuggled into the UK at age 15 claiming 7.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Age Scandal: Essien, Mensah, Kingston accused by ex-Ghanaian FA President by jalether(m): 10:54pm On Apr 30, 2010
Ibime:

hehehehe. . . .

So are you saying DD was 9 years old when his parents smuggled him in claiming to be 5?. . . . a big boy like DD at 9 years old would already look 13. . . . besides, you think a parent would smuggle him in and cut his age at the tender age of 5 just because he might become a footballer 15 years down the line?
Stop yarning nonsense abeg. . .

DD's father must have been a professional fortune teller grin grin
Re: Age Scandal: Essien, Mensah, Kingston accused by ex-Ghanaian FA President by chic2pimp(m): 11:37pm On Apr 30, 2010
dayokanu:

May Sango Impregnate you with Octuplets, Omo Jati Jati grin grin grin
Re: Age Scandal: Essien, Mensah, Kingston accused by ex-Ghanaian FA President by Nobody: 12:36am On May 01, 2010
BlueDiva's age estimate.

DD. . .36
Kalou. . .33
Mikel. . .33
Eboue. . .36
Sagna. . .33
Toure. . .35
Eto'o. . .34
Utaka. . .37
Kanu. . .38
Jay jay. . .43
Re: Age Scandal: Essien, Mensah, Kingston accused by ex-Ghanaian FA President by Ibime(m): 1:27am On May 01, 2010
BlueDiva:

BlueDiva's age estimate.

DD. . .36
Kalou. . .33
Mikel. . .33
Eboue. . .36
Sagna. . .33
Toure. . .35
Eto'o. . .34
Utaka. . .37
Kanu. . .38
Jay jay. . .43

Are you trying to say that African man lasts longer?. . . . please no bring scientific debate come here. . . . all men shall start to decline from 32 onwards. . . even the best of the best like Zanetti, Cafu, Roberto Carlos etc cannot be effective past 38.

DD = 32
Eto = 32
Eboue is no older than 29.
Kolo Toure is no older than 31
Sagna is born in France

For all Nigerians, Cameroonians and Ghanains, add 5 years minimum. . . . I cant remember the last Nigerian, Ghanaian or Cameroonian player that was effective past 30 except those with links abroad from an early age.
Re: Age Scandal: Essien, Mensah, Kingston accused by ex-Ghanaian FA President by Nobody: 2:38am On May 01, 2010
^^
I laugh, Drog 32? Eboue 29?. . .
The only person i can vouch for is Osaze.
I know the family and knew when he was a kid playing in Kaduna.

African's are smaller than their age mates who are whites.
It's easier to claim false age. Personally i look 10yrs younger than my real age.

Kanu must have been 22 when he won the Olympics 14 yrs back. i'm even being conservative with the age i gave him.

A reliable source told me he was in the same pry sch with Martins.The man is 38yrs.
How about Aghahowa who claims he married at 22 when he was actually like 32.

I don't know the theory behind it but Africans manage to perform well even in their mid 30s.
Re: Age Scandal: Essien, Mensah, Kingston accused by ex-Ghanaian FA President by DrKitaun(m): 2:41am On May 01, 2010
Rubbish!

Na Adokiye the stupid ex GFA oga wan copy abi ? Agbaya oponu !
Re: Age Scandal: Essien, Mensah, Kingston accused by ex-Ghanaian FA President by Ibime(m): 3:02am On May 01, 2010
BlueDiva:

Personally i look 10yrs younger than my real age.

hahahahaha. . . . dont flatter yourself. . . na Oil of Olay cause that one, abi na black soap from village wey dey keep you fresh and young?  grin grin grin

BlueDiva:

I don't know the theory behind it but Africans manage to perform well even in their mid 30s.

Na lie oh. . . abi na jazz?

Whether you are black, white or yellow, your heartrate will decrease with age, thereby decreasing your volume of oxygen intake.

DD is really 32, thats why he's still performing. . . as for Essien, he will be finished by 30 like all other African players who falsify their age.

Here's DD as a kid in France. . . you would soon tell me he is 15 years old in that picture. . .

Re: Age Scandal: Essien, Mensah, Kingston accused by ex-Ghanaian FA President by Nobody: 6:50am On May 01, 2010
LOL, at oil of Olay cheesy

I said it previously i'd pardon all those born abroad.
The records are there and the press woulda raised  dust and brought out the paperwork.

However, the main issue is about Essien.
I believe Essien can still put in great performances for us for another 4yrs.
Since you think he is below 30 now, 33 won't be too old.

People i want out this season.
PF, J.Cole, Hilario, Ballack, Deco, Belletti

(1) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Liverpool Capital One Cup (1 - 0) On 25th September 2013 / Europa League: Basel Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 25th April 2013 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.