Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,793 members, 7,827,936 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Word Of Advice For The Newly Admitted University Students (freshers) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Word Of Advice For The Newly Admitted University Students (freshers) (5470 Views)

Ekiti State University Students Rioting Now In Epe, Lagos. / Niger Delta University Students On Rag Day / Yabatech Part Time Newly Admitted Student Should Come In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Word Of Advice For The Newly Admitted University Students (freshers) by Neldrizzy(m): 4:03pm On Nov 03, 2014
I need you to understand that all am
about to tell
you here are what we have seen and
what still happens, so read to the end.
For the admitted ones the questions on
their minds are; when is school
resuming? Should we start coming to
school? When is clearance starting?
Should we start paying for school fees
and so on? Those are right questions but
Beyond these, there are certain valuable
things you also need to know.
First of all, big congratulations for
having made it
and congratulations in advance to those
yet to be
admitted. It's not easy.
Do not feel you are better than those who
couldn't make it or will not make it,
rather; give God all the praises because
its not as if you read or prepared more
than they did, its not as if you did more
or took more risks than they did, you all
read, prepared, did equal expenses and
took same risks but God has favoured
you and said this is your time.
I want you to understand that gaining
admission into
university is NOT the time for you to
start planning
to exhibit all those your bad potentials
you are not
allowed to exhibit at home, wearing sexy
and
seductive clothes which you are not
allowed to
wear at home (girls), carrying
irresponsible hair
styles which you are not allowed to carry
at home
(Guys).
It's NOT the time for you to start making
plans on how to visit those men/guys you
have been longing to visit or the time to
start inviting girls to come visit you, its
NOT the time to start going for party, its
NOT the time to lose your virginity,
school, its NOT the time to get yourself
"belonged" or start being arrogant,
naughty, etc.
Gaining admission into university is the
time to feel
"FOCUSED", its the time to feel
"CHALLANGED", its
the time to feel "AT RISK", its the time to
feel
"RESPONSIBLE", its the time to be
"CAREFUL",
humble and know that 80% of the
decisions about
your destiny now lies in your hands and
any wrong
decision you make at this stage will
definitely
reflect on your academics/future
tomorrow.
For you to be that great person you have
always wished or desired to be starts
right now as a fresher, for you
to make your first class, second class
upper/lower,
third class, etc all starts as a fresher, for
you to
graduate or not graduate with your
mates starts as
a fresher.
A lot of good and bad things are waiting
for you
inside that campus.
Some will tell you that you need to
belong to cult to
make it, they will tell you that the former
head of
state, Governor, senator were all there
because
they were cultists.
What they won't tell you is about many
who died in the process.
Some will tell you that you need to
become "GAY"..
(a lesbian or a homo-intimateist) to
avoid distraction,
diseases and unwanted pregnant, what
about the
curses that are attached to it?
Some will tell you that you need a
company and
someone to date or always be with to
know whats
up around the school or to get academic
aid or to
avoid being lonely...they are all lies.
There are harmless friends, there are
fellowships, there are reading
groups,there are good clubs to be your
company, academic aid and so on.
University is a dangerous place because
your
parents are not there to direct you or
make
decisions for you, your room-mates or
your school
friends can't do that for you; they have
not even
finished deciding rightly for themselves
let alone
deciding for you.
All the decisions are on you to make.
Nobody will ask you to read, nobody will
ask you to come to class on time, nobody
will force you to do your assignment or
quiz. If you are not a decisive type,
kindly start learning it now or better still,
do not come to university to destroy
your future or life. University is a very
sweet place and also a very ugly place, it
can shape you into a great person, it can
also reshape or destroy you...... #BeWise......... ....... ....... ....... ....... ...... ...... ..... .... Source www.myschool.com.ng/school/news/32430/words-of-advice-for-the-newly-admitted-students.html

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Word Of Advice For The Newly Admitted University Students (freshers) by WIZGUY69(m): 4:12pm On Nov 03, 2014
[size=48]source [/size]
Re: Word Of Advice For The Newly Admitted University Students (freshers) by tsleazy(m): 4:46pm On Nov 03, 2014
e no consign me becuz I schooled in france
Re: Word Of Advice For The Newly Admitted University Students (freshers) by Neldrizzy(m): 4:57pm On Nov 03, 2014
tsleazy:
e no consign me becuz I schooled in france
France?? Why not Burundi?? Ce't encous tula el'cole apprendi Auxi ??

1 Like

Re: Word Of Advice For The Newly Admitted University Students (freshers) by Neldrizzy(m): 5:02pm On Nov 03, 2014
WIZGUY69:
[size=48]source [/size]
[size=48]YaM sauce or porridge source.. BTW, are you wizDAviper guy in gwarinpa?? You look familiar tho!!![/size]
Re: Word Of Advice For The Newly Admitted University Students (freshers) by chimhigher(m): 5:31pm On Nov 03, 2014
bro abeg tell em ooo..some F ds Boys go dey Find cult group 2 join on first Day of Resumption
Re: Word Of Advice For The Newly Admitted University Students (freshers) by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 03, 2014
Thumbs up Neldrizzy...best free advice. Patiently waiting for resumption tho
Re: Word Of Advice For The Newly Admitted University Students (freshers) by Neldrizzy(m): 5:42pm On Nov 03, 2014
Jennimma:
Thumbs up Neldrizzy...best free advice. Patiently waiting for resumption tho
honestly i can't wait.... i don buy new sandals grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Word Of Advice For The Newly Admitted University Students (freshers) by Neldrizzy(m): 5:44pm On Nov 03, 2014
chimhigher:
bro abeg tell em ooo..some F ds Boys go dey Find cult group 2 join on first Day of Resumption
Loll.. The choice is theirs!!!
Re: Word Of Advice For The Newly Admitted University Students (freshers) by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 03, 2014
Neldrizzy:

LOL nelly goes to school
Re: Word Of Advice For The Newly Admitted University Students (freshers) by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 03, 2014
Neldrizzy:
funny u
Re: Word Of Advice For The Newly Admitted University Students (freshers) by Neldrizzy(m): 5:53pm On Nov 03, 2014
kulkatty:

LOL nelly goes to school Uniben with sandals
grin grin grin
Re: Word Of Advice For The Newly Admitted University Students (freshers) by Neldrizzy(m): 6:11pm On Nov 03, 2014
Richiez, olawalebabs,
Fynestboi pls can this be on FP, freshers are almost resuming and its going to help a lot...
Re: Word Of Advice For The Newly Admitted University Students (freshers) by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 03, 2014
A few words

You've been admitted
Let it sink in you dt u'v started life
You shud start thinking/living 10years ahead of ur equals
Don't just go to dt school to gt the paper
Go get ursef "trained" for the future
Socialize, catch fun, make friends
serve God
U need to gv this a priority
Serve God with ur youthful strength
He deserves it
And don't forget u don't need to hold a position in the fellowship to serve God. On ur own, make sure u are doing something for the Lord
Wen u leave school, u'll barely have time for that
But don't forget while you are doing all this,
If the number one reason why u are in that school is to study.
Don't neglect ur books
Have a heart for ur books
And make a mark in ur dept
Some peeps ll always say
Haba! U tear person result? Sofri jack o
Buh its nt a bad idea if u graduate as the best graduating student in the whole school

‡My 2kobo

1 Like

Re: Word Of Advice For The Newly Admitted University Students (freshers) by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 03, 2014
I don't need to read all through the post, 'coz I already fathom it when I read the headline, smart child no time to read toomuch chronicle. nice thread neldrizzy let keep it invigorating
Re: Word Of Advice For The Newly Admitted University Students (freshers) by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 03, 2014
Neldrizzy:
grin grin grin
na wao u o,,,, y u go dey fall her hand,,,, nelly go to school, period. homeboy swag in school sandals u will be looking very cute
Re: Word Of Advice For The Newly Admitted University Students (freshers) by Neldrizzy(m): 7:34pm On Nov 03, 2014
AgapeCharis:

You've been admitted
Let it sink in you dt u'v started life
You shud start thinking/living 10years ahead of ur equals
Don't just go to dt school to gt the paper
Go get ursef "trained" for the future
Socialize, catch fun, make friends
serve God
U need to gv this a priority
Serve God with ur youthful strength
He deserves it
And don't forget u don't need to hold a position in the fellowship to serve God. On ur own, make sure u are doing something for the Lord
Wen u leave school, u'll barely have time for that
But don't forget while you are doing all this,
If the number one reason why u are in that school is to study.
Don't neglect ur books
Have a heart for ur books
And make a mark in ur dept
Some peeps ll always say
Haba! U tear person result? Sofri jack o
Buh its nt a bad idea if u graduate as the best graduating student in the whole school

‡My 2kobo

obhiaba obhulu... Okpia whe khin grin
Re: Word Of Advice For The Newly Admitted University Students (freshers) by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 03, 2014
Neldrizzy:
obhiaba obhulu... Okpia whe khin grin
grin grin
Egbefuwere aba grin
Re: Word Of Advice For The Newly Admitted University Students (freshers) by Nimen(m): 8:00pm On Nov 03, 2014
Yeah, you got me at you have to make decisions for yourself...

I wan sell ma Ps3, who go buy?

Its ma biggest distraction these days. Hmm this advice coming from a famous pumper... Haa diaris Goduo

1 Like

Re: Word Of Advice For The Newly Admitted University Students (freshers) by Neldrizzy(m): 9:13pm On Nov 03, 2014
Nimen:
Yeah, you got me at you have to make decisions for yourself...

I wan sell ma Ps3, who go buy?

Its ma biggest distraction these days. Hmm this advice coming from a famous pumper... Haa diaris Goduo
Loll cheesy cheesy keep that PS3 abeg... It's gon be useful to us.. Mak i they use am humiliate 3coins and suley316
Re: Word Of Advice For The Newly Admitted University Students (freshers) by 3coins(m): 9:16pm On Nov 03, 2014
Neldrizzy:
Loll cheesy cheesy keep that PS3 abeg... It's gon be useful to us.. Mak i they use humiliate 3coins and suley316
you fit?? undecided
Re: Word Of Advice For The Newly Admitted University Students (freshers) by 3coins(m): 9:17pm On Nov 03, 2014
aisha800...good evening...what happened to your line...tried calling
Re: Word Of Advice For The Newly Admitted University Students (freshers) by Aisha800(f): 9:27pm On Nov 03, 2014
3coins:
took my phone for repair
Re: Word Of Advice For The Newly Admitted University Students (freshers) by Savigne(f): 9:42pm On Nov 03, 2014
I was thinking you finally repented until I saw the source under.
Nice one tho...
Re: Word Of Advice For The Newly Admitted University Students (freshers) by Neldrizzy(m): 9:43pm On Nov 03, 2014
3coins:
Aisha800:
took my phone for repair
3coins:
pls this is not a place to discuss this, both of you should move to uniben thread undecidedundecided meanwhile, Aisha i also tried reaching you but, all to no avail!!!!!
Re: Word Of Advice For The Newly Admitted University Students (freshers) by Neldrizzy(m): 9:45pm On Nov 03, 2014
Savigne:
I was thinking you finally repented until I saw the source under.
Nice one tho...
what's that supposed to mean naa haba... i have always been a good boy you know sadsadsad
Re: Word Of Advice For The Newly Admitted University Students (freshers) by mesoade(m): 9:56pm On Nov 03, 2014
*Climbs down from iroko tree*
*sniffs snuff*
*shakes head in rhythym with the effect of the snuff* *shines already watery eye*
*Grabs microphone*
I want to use this medium on behalf of the ASSOCIATION OF NAIRALAND NEW ADMITTEES(ANND) to say a voluminous thank to the the various pals on NL who effortlessly opened an admission guide thread to help peeps who are willing study in their various institution
*opens palmwine's bottle and pours little on the ground*
may you never lack,may you see help in time of your need,may that immortal being u believe in bless you bountifully.
I also want to say thank you to apostle neldrizzy for creating this thread,may your wooing prowess never depreciate.
I know quite a number of peeps who had gained admission this year courtesy of the various admission guide threads created. Atleast in UNIBEN's admission thread 98%(actually,i haven't seen a single soul that's not admitted,the 2% is left for the inactive member of the thread,who might not have gained admission) gained admission. With this statistics for UNIBEN i presume such for other schools.
For those of us admitted this year,let's endeavour to come here next year,to help the suposed aspirant.
And finally,a big thank you to bro seun for creating this site.
God bless Nairaland.
God bless Nigeria

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Word Of Advice For The Newly Admitted University Students (freshers) by mesoade(m): 9:58pm On Nov 03, 2014
Lets do a kind of census . . If you're admitted this year,like this post.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Word Of Advice For The Newly Admitted University Students (freshers) by Aisha800(f): 10:10pm On Nov 03, 2014
Neldrizzy:
. pls this is not a place to discuss this, both of you should move to uniben thread undecidedundecided meanwhile, Aisha i also tried reaching you but, all to no avail!!!!!
neldrizzy sorry for derailing ur thread.i just hope i get the phone back tomorrow
Re: Word Of Advice For The Newly Admitted University Students (freshers) by Neldrizzy(m): 10:14pm On Nov 03, 2014
mesoade:
*Climbs down from iroko tree*
*sniffs snuff*
*shakes head in rhythym with the effect of the snuff* *shines already watery eye*
*Grabs microphone*

I want to use this medium on behalf of the ASSOCIATION OF NAIRALAND NEW ADMITTEES(ANND) to say a voluminous thank to the the various pals on NL who effortlessly opened an admission guide thread to help peeps who are willing study in their various institution
*opens palmwine's bottle and pours little on the ground*
may you never lack,may you see help in time of your need,may that immortal being u believe in bless you bountifully.
I also want to say thank you to apostle neldrizzy for creating this thread,may your wooing prowess never depreciate.
I know quite a number of peeps who had gained admission this year courtesy of the various admission guide threads created. Atleast in UNIBEN's admission thread 98%(actually,i haven't seen a single soul that's not admitted,the 2% is left for the inactive member of the thread,who might not have gained admission) gained admission. With this statistics for UNIBEN i presume such for other schools.
For those of us admitted this year,let's endeavour to come here next year,to help the suposed aspirant.
And finally,a big thank you to bro seun for creating this site.
God bless Nairaland.
God bless Nigeria
Lolllll grin grin grin meso nice one, i rilly enjoyd reading this!!!!.... @Bolded, grin grin made me Lol real hard, reminds me of nollywood movies!! grin
Re: Word Of Advice For The Newly Admitted University Students (freshers) by 3coins(m): 10:15pm On Nov 03, 2014
Neldrizzy:
. pls this is not a place to discuss this, both of you should move to uniben thread undecidedundecided meanwhile, Aisha i also tried reaching you but, all to no avail!!!!!
your last line shattered all you wrote
Re: Word Of Advice For The Newly Admitted University Students (freshers) by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 03, 2014
Neldrizzy:
Loll cheesy cheesy keep that PS3 abeg... It's gon be useful to us.. Mak i they use am humiliate 3coins and suley316

Mouth,,

I don't think you can

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Reply To Emilokoiyawon 99% Admitted Igbo Student In UNN / Final-Year Medical Student Seeks Help Of N4.6m Online For Tuition Fees (Photo) / Find The Missing Number.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.