Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,984 members, 7,810,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

A Reply To Emilokoiyawon 99% Admitted Igbo Student In UNN - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Reply To Emilokoiyawon 99% Admitted Igbo Student In UNN (5424 Views)

Monica Osetobe Osagie Is The Student In Sex For Marks Scandal – OAU / Facts About Nigeria: You'll Be Shocked To Find Out You Don't Know 99% Of This / Photo Of Overcrowded Lecture Hall In UNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Reply To Emilokoiyawon 99% Admitted Igbo Student In UNN by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 20, 2016
i was in my room in orile, relaxing (Jejely), when i saw a post by Emilokoiyawon, about UNN admission list.
This person said so many things, i felt so so bad that a Nigerian could behave like this i would have called him a ninnyhammer but nairaland rules i have to obey

In his post
https://www.nairaland.com/3359156/federal-university-where-over-99

Emilokoiyawon:
So, I was just in my office in the US relaxing (jejely) after a meeting, when I saw the post of UNN, Nsukka's provisional admission list released by the registrar Chris Igbokwe. So, I took a few minutes of my break time to peruse the names. I observed that over 99% of all the newly admitted students are ALL Igbos. Out of the over 15,000 admitted students I could only count about 10 confirmed Yoruba names. In fact, many of the departments do not have a SINGLE non-Igbo student admitted. This is a federal University for God sake! 99% from the same region!

oga
Did u check the list of candidate that chose UNN as their first choice?
What if the candidates where 100% igbo, how do u want yoruba names to come in?
UNN made it so transparent this year, once you get your printout you will see your score and the cut off mark, did any of your family picked UNN, passed d required cut off mark of the aspiring department and was not admitted?
Then you said this is a federal University, what do you mean by that statement? (Do you mean that all federal University must admit all tribes irrespective of who applied?)
This guy is working in the US, i would have said he is JOBLESS but Nairaland rules... My nigga took his time to check out 15000 names, even NCAN of any branch will not check that amount of names.

Emilokoiyawon:
When the Hausas do it, you are always the first to condemn them.

What did the Hausas do? When did we condemn them?

Emilokoiyawon:
The problem is that my Yoruba people in the SW will be the ONLY ones admitting people based on merit from across the country to the detriment of our own people - because we want to be seen as decent human beings.

i would have said you are an illiterate but i wont.
All federal Universities are owned by federal government and they admit on merit, if any of your family member was denied admission, pls tell them to study harder, the sky will be their limit

Emilokoiyawon:
The Hausas and the Igbos do not give a fvck. The are just too tribalistic.

when it comes to education, no tribe give a fvck, so dont try to make it one sided. U are the one being tribalistic here

Emilokoiyawon:
We should start doing in the SW what the Igbos are doing in Nsukka - No more admission for Igbo students in UNILAG etc. until the Igbos change their ways.

Tribalism at its fullest, most yoruba parents dont send their children to eastern universities, they prefer western universities, which is not a bad idea, they are in possession of some of the best universities in Nigeria.

Thats why, you will find IGBOS schooling in UNILAG n UI, no b only u lik beta tin grin.

But saying they should stop admitting Igbo students is annoying,
If they dont admit them who should they admit?

i dont blame u, i blame ur parents...
They had the chance of making u think straight but they didn't, because of how tribalistic n biased they are.
i am a pure and applied
IGBO BOY..my moniker says it all.

I dont support IPOB, i luv my fathers land. I wont take shiit when i c one.

[size=14pt]learn to differentiate SIMPLICITY from STUPIDITY[/size]

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Reply To Emilokoiyawon 99% Admitted Igbo Student In UNN by xender(m): 5:47pm On Sep 20, 2016
lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: A Reply To Emilokoiyawon 99% Admitted Igbo Student In UNN by eemalex(m): 6:38pm On Sep 20, 2016
You have said it all man

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Reply To Emilokoiyawon 99% Admitted Igbo Student In UNN by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 20, 2016
o
Re: A Reply To Emilokoiyawon 99% Admitted Igbo Student In UNN by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 8:16pm On Sep 20, 2016
good w

1 Like

Re: A Reply To Emilokoiyawon 99% Admitted Igbo Student In UNN by Aspiregreat: 9:24pm On Sep 20, 2016
That dude has a skull Without a brain inside. I marveled at his shallow points and reasons leaving with the facts why he wasn't admitted into the den. such a pinhead!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Reply To Emilokoiyawon 99% Admitted Igbo Student In UNN by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 20, 2016
ADEWUMIMichael:
at first I wasn't interested in intervaning in this issue cos the first day I saw the list I was also looking for yoruba and Hausa names but I could hardly find 5yoruba names on the list talkless of this Innocent hausa people... I was like.... "Guy Why?? " I was not even aware that their vc was an igbo man not until yesterday when someone cleared the whole issue... well I was like nah 9ja we dey Shia.....

you know what?? the only point I'm against of in this your post is where you said

" What if the candidates where 100% igbo, how do u
want yoruba names to come in?"

Bro it's Lagos not Uniben nor Delsu nor Unical or other igbo institutions, how's it possible for weeds sorry Igbos to be 100% on the list?? That's a future impossible dream nah!!....

well lemme stop here first!!!

Bro i dont understand u oooo....
Its not [size=14pt]lagos[/size], its UNN in enugu state.
When i wrote post UTME no single yoruba was in my hall and no single yoruba was admited in my set....

Pls explain ur point.

5 Likes

Re: A Reply To Emilokoiyawon 99% Admitted Igbo Student In UNN by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 20, 2016
xender:
lipsrsealed
No comment?

1 Like

Re: A Reply To Emilokoiyawon 99% Admitted Igbo Student In UNN by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 20, 2016
eemalex:
You have said it all man

Yea...

1 Like

Re: A Reply To Emilokoiyawon 99% Admitted Igbo Student In UNN by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 20, 2016
Aspiregreat:
That dude has a skull Without a brain inside. I marveled at his shallow points and reasons leaving with the facts why he wasn't admitted into the den. such a pinhead!

grin
Re: A Reply To Emilokoiyawon 99% Admitted Igbo Student In UNN by xender(m): 10:08pm On Sep 20, 2016
Nzeokafor:

No comment?
he was simply ignorant of a lot of fact. Yoruba people don't like schooling in the east normally. We all know igbo dey everywhere unlike the Yorubas. He would have asked how many Yoruba people applied for the institution and beat the CUTOFF and was not admitted....I doubt there will be any .. because this is merit list. No mago mago

5 Likes

Re: A Reply To Emilokoiyawon 99% Admitted Igbo Student In UNN by OMAR12: 11:24pm On Sep 20, 2016
the tribalistic e-rat has gone into hiding now, after creating confusing, confusionist, always looking for ways to call the Igbo evil. may they be consumed by their hate for Igbo, may they continue to loss sleep over issues concerning the Igbo race until they end up running mad. tribalistic set of people.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Reply To Emilokoiyawon 99% Admitted Igbo Student In UNN by Nobody: 3:12am On Sep 21, 2016
i tot they said igbo unis aint good so why is he crying foul

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Reply To Emilokoiyawon 99% Admitted Igbo Student In UNN by davbravo(m): 7:32am On Sep 21, 2016
Nzeokafor:
i was in my room in orile, relaxing (Jejely), when i saw a post by Emilokoiyawon, about UNN admission list.
This person said so many things, i felt so so bad that a Nigerian could behave like this i would have called him a ninnyhammer but nairaland rules i have to obey

In his post

oga
UNN made it so transparent this year, once you get your printout you will see your score and the cut off mark, did any of your family picked UNN, passed d required cut off mark of the aspiring department and was not admitted?
Then you said this is a federal University, what do you mean by that statement? (Do you mean that all federal University must admit all tribes irrespective of who applied?)
This guy is working in the US, i would have said he is JOBLESS but Nairaland rules... My nigga took his time to check out 15000 names, even NCAN of any branch will not check that amount of names.

All federal Universities are owned by federal government and they admit on merit, if any of your family member was denied admission, pls tell them to study harder, the sky will be their limit

when it comes to education, no tribe give a fvck, so dont try to make it one sided. U are the one being tribalistic here

Tribalism at its fullest, most yoruba parents dont send their children to eastern universities, they prefer western universities, which is not a bad idea, they are in possession of some of the best universities in Nigeria.

Thats why, you will find IGBOS schooling in UNILAG n UI, no b only u lik beta tin grin.

They had the chance of making u think straight but they didn't, because of how tribalistic n biased they are.
i am a pure and applied

I agree with all what you said....
Re: A Reply To Emilokoiyawon 99% Admitted Igbo Student In UNN by babyfaceafrica: 8:04am On Sep 21, 2016
Nzeokafor:

In his post

oga

i am a pure and applied

you no get job
Re: A Reply To Emilokoiyawon 99% Admitted Igbo Student In UNN by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 21, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
you no get job

Normally i dont do dat, but on this i had to.
n i still de search 4 beta Job. sad

1 Like

Re: A Reply To Emilokoiyawon 99% Admitted Igbo Student In UNN by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 21, 2016
davbravo:
I agree with all what you said....

The post made me sad, i swear sad.
The guy was tribalistic to d core.
The most annoying part is that the mods (the likes of Lalasticlala, Mynd44) does nothing about it.

the post is still trending cry

1 Like

Re: A Reply To Emilokoiyawon 99% Admitted Igbo Student In UNN by FunkyMetahuman: 9:06am On Sep 21, 2016
Nonsense post

The whole nigeria ... no one applied to unn apart from igbo and you think the system is transparent enough?seriously.

When it favours igbos, it's okay and no problem,no whining like a biatchh, but it favours other tribe, it is unacceptable .. and they want BIAFRA.

When Stephen keshi took 98% of igbos to nations cup,it was okay then,it was based on merit.
I guess, players from south west or north are not qualified or applied to be in national team.

When Jonathan put them ahead of everybody and even say they re the back bone of his administration, it was okay.
But when, political appointment didn't favour them under buhari, they started calling for people's head.

Same when they planned their coup, when everything favours the igbos, azikwe and the rest igbos want one naijariya,
Now that it doesn't, whining begins.

Like I said on the other thread, i'm patiently waiting for when something to favour any other tribe in Nigeria and lemme see one ibo will whine..

Nonsense.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Reply To Emilokoiyawon 99% Admitted Igbo Student In UNN by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 21, 2016
I totally disagree with the op on this one, it was carefully done to prevent visitors frm migrating to the other side of the river so as to maintain their strict population of d native people...while ur people has bn giving priority and considerations in the west to d extent you installed Eze ndigbos in Lagos, Ibadan, Akure, Abeokuta e.t.c

Only a fool will believe that non igbos and yorubas did not apply to the university..like you have wrongly stated

Take FUTA, OAU, Ilorin, Benin as a case study, candidates are giving slots from each regions be it on merit or without merit to allow selection from all geopolitical zones frm arround the country.

if yorubas's cut off mark should be made 70, believe me other tribe including the igbos will be giving 40 to 50 that is how it is done here.

I read it here on nairaland and linda ikeji' tribalism comments of igbos during d time buhari made the oni of ife the pro-chancellor of the university of Nigeria Nsuka it was horrific and sickening.
Y'all can still check it here www.lindaikejisblog.com/2016/02/ooni-of-ife-sworn-in-as-chancellor-of.html?m=1

It is university if Nigeria not University of igbos for God sake, that university should be the best in Nigeria and Africa to make Nigeria a great country but if na only igbo students dey there, the purpose has bn forfeited.

Same thing is applicable to the recruitment of staff in state and federal universities....the southwest readily considers staffs applications frm all regions.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Reply To Emilokoiyawon 99% Admitted Igbo Student In UNN by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 21, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
Nonsense post

The whole nigeria ... no one applied to unn apart from igbo and you think the system is transparent enough?seriously.

When it favours igbos, it's okay and no problem,no whining like a biatchh, but it favours other tribe, it is unacceptable .. and they want BIAFRA.

When Stephen keshi took 98% of igbos to nations cup,it was okay then,it was based on merit.

I guess no players from south west or north are not qualified or applied to be in national team.

But when, political appointment didn't favour them, they started calling for people's head.

Same when they plan their coup, when everything favours the igbo, azikwe and the rest igbos want one naija royal, now that it doesn't whining begin..

Like I said on the other thread,I'm patiently waiting for when something to favour any other tribe in Nigeria and one ibo will whine..

Nonsense.
Don't mind the igbos always crying foul for victimisation.
When Awolowo contested for president they did voted for shu shagari an hausa/fulani man they so much despised bcus he had an igbo man as vice president.

They refused to vote for M.K.O abiola as well on ground that Bashir had Ekweme an igbo man contested as vice president..likewise voting obasanjo an hausa's candidate with Atiku abubakar as vp

But when it happened that buhari won dis people started complaining...they forgot their own past histories

My advice: it is not yoruba people that has d monopoly of doing things rightly in this country alone for people to see ....Igbos sud inculcate some of yorubas's best gestures for d betterment of this country.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Reply To Emilokoiyawon 99% Admitted Igbo Student In UNN by donifez(m): 9:43am On Sep 21, 2016
This is a merit list for God sake, If you don't achieve the score needed to be on it, you will not be on the list. It is simple as that.

I am sure there are other tribes on the list, the OP on the other thread was just trying to start an online war.

Let us be truthful, I grew up in the west... You will hardly hear a Yoruba friend telling you he is applying to a university in the east. If you did not apply, how will your name be on the list?

I heard the list was sent by UTME,how is it UNN fault? we all should not let hate eat deep into us, using nepotism as a shield.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Reply To Emilokoiyawon 99% Admitted Igbo Student In UNN by donifez(m): 9:54am On Sep 21, 2016
Drchristian:

Awolowo contested for president they did voted for shu shagari an hausa/fulani they so much despised bcus he had igbo man as a vice president.

They refused to vote for M.K.O abiola as well on ground that Bashir had Ekweme an igbo man contested as president and as vice president
but when it happened that buhari won dis people started complaining...they forgot their own history

My advice: it is not yoruba people that has d monopoly of doing things rightly in this country alone for people to see ....Igbos sud inculcate some of their best gestures for d betterment of this country.
The Igbos did not come out in mass to vote for Chief Odumegwu Ojukwu when he contested twice. The people have one heartbeat. If we did not vote for Ojukwu, same reason might have led us to impinge on voting the names you mentioned above.

Voting is a choice-you vote for a candidate you believe will perform, not based on ethnicity.

If we can do it to Ojukwu, we can do it to Awolowo.

Let's not delve into full politics please.

3 Likes

Re: A Reply To Emilokoiyawon 99% Admitted Igbo Student In UNN by FunkyMetahuman: 9:54am On Sep 21, 2016
donifez:
This is a merit list for God sake, If you don't achieve the score needed to be on it, you will not be on the list. It is simple as that.

I am sure there are other tribes on the list, the OP on the other thread was just trying to start an online war.

Let us be truthful, I grew up in the west... You will hardly hear a Yoruba friend telling you he is applying to a university in the east. If you did not apply, how will your name be on the list?

I heard the list was sent by UTME,how is it UNN fault? we all should not let hate eat deep into us, using nepotism as a shield.

how many Yorubas did you know in the west..?

You will hardly see a family I the west that will not have someone schooling in every other part of Nigeria and outside nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: A Reply To Emilokoiyawon 99% Admitted Igbo Student In UNN by Phonefanatic: 9:57am On Sep 21, 2016
Drchristian:

Awolowo contested for president they did voted for shu shagari an hausa/fulani they so much despised bcus he had igbo man as a vice president.

They refused to vote for M.K.O abiola as well on ground that Bashir had Ekweme an igbo man contested as president and as vice president
but when it happened that buhari won dis people started complaining...they forgot their own history

My advice: it is not yoruba people that has d monopoly of doing things rightly in this country alone for people to see ....Igbos sud inculcate some of their best gestures for d betterment of this country.

So you haven't started complaining? People with foresight complained even before the result was announced not because tof his tribe but his unprecedented disastrous record which you guys couldn't see.

If you've got anyone that chose UNN from any other tribe that went about the cutoff mark and wasn't admitted let the person come forward.

Cutoff marks here isn't reduced to favour anyone or tribe...... If you get above it you get admitted simple as ABC.

2 Likes

Re: A Reply To Emilokoiyawon 99% Admitted Igbo Student In UNN by jide219(m): 9:59am On Sep 21, 2016
From my own side point of view both op are correct in their own ways, I also checked the list, first of all the school is in the east whether federal or state university they love to admit their ppl first, all schools are guilty of that, I remember that time in AAU I got 51 while my friend for 47 but hé was admitted simply because he came from that place, so nsukka admitting 99% igbos maybe because they are from the east or few S/west applied

1 Like

Re: A Reply To Emilokoiyawon 99% Admitted Igbo Student In UNN by donifez(m): 10:01am On Sep 21, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
how many Yorubas did you know in the west..?

You will hardly see a family I the west that will not have someone schooling in every other part of Nigeria and outside nigeria.
Was I speaking Swahili when I said I grew up in the west? I was born in the west. My friends are mainly Yoruba's. So, I have a lot as friends.

I am not schooling in Nigeria too, that is based on personal preference. It is easier to see a Yoruba dude apply for a school offshore, most prefer going to schools in the west than east.
Re: A Reply To Emilokoiyawon 99% Admitted Igbo Student In UNN by abeloureal(m): 10:08am On Sep 21, 2016
Any federal university is to admit on merit but sincerely I am still not happy with unilorin. I don gain admission sha o 3 years ago. I did beat their cut off mark but no admission. I should have added abdulahi to my name sha.

politics and religion been killing Nigeria since time immemorial.

3 Likes

Re: A Reply To Emilokoiyawon 99% Admitted Igbo Student In UNN by FunkyMetahuman: 10:10am On Sep 21, 2016
donifez:

Was I speaking Swahili when I said I grew up in the west? I was born in the west. My friends are mainly Yoruba's. So, I have a lot as friends.

I am not schooling in Nigeria too, that is based on personal preference. It is easier to see a Yoruba dude apply for a school offshore, most prefer going to schools in the west than east.

Born in the west doesn't necessarily mean you know a lot of yorubas.. how many of your friends family did you know?

Like I said on the other thread, my niece was alumni of nsukka,and i know more than 30 yoruba people schooling in the east.

... common seriously, yorubas still applying to schools in university of maiduguri,zaria or north generally, despite insecurity, you now think they won't apply to ordinary south east.

I don't even have problem with the list but you lot justifying the same thing you cannot take.

Nonsense..

7 Likes

Re: A Reply To Emilokoiyawon 99% Admitted Igbo Student In UNN by donifez(m): 10:19am On Sep 21, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:

Born in the west doesn't necessarily mean you know a lot of yorubas.. how many of your friends family did you know?

Like I said on the other thread, my niece was alumni of nsukka,and i know more than 30 yoruba people schooling in the east.

... common seriously, yorubas still applying to schools in university of maiduguri,zaria or north generally, despite insecurity, you now think they won't apply to ordinary south east.

I don't even have problem with the list but you lot justifying the same thing you cannot take.

Nonsense..

OK let me spell it out for you... I have so many family friends that are Yoruba's .It is based on choice. Justifying what we can't take. Well you don't know me. I believe in fairness.

And using the word Nonsense when making an argument is quite corrosive, don't you think so?

I am a lover of all tribes. In fact, as I am now, one food I miss is " Amala".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Reply To Emilokoiyawon 99% Admitted Igbo Student In UNN by FunkyMetahuman: 10:35am On Sep 21, 2016
donifez:

OK let me spell it out for you... I have so many family friends that are Yoruba's .It is based on choice. Justifying what we can't take. Well you don't know me. I believe in fairness.

And using the word Nonsense when making an argument is quite corrosive, don't you think so?

I am a lover of all tribes. In fact, as I am now, one food I miss is " Amala".

hehehehehe and non of these your phantom family friends applied to schools in the east and you are their friends? cheesy

Chaiiii. . Suffri Suffri dey lie o.

so can you honestly tell me that no yoruba applied to school in unn?
UNN is the most prestigious university in the east o...
Re: A Reply To Emilokoiyawon 99% Admitted Igbo Student In UNN by donifez(m): 10:41am On Sep 21, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
hehehehehe and non of these your phantom family friends applied to schools in the east and you are their friends? cheesy

Chaiiii. . Suffri Suffri dey lie o.

so can you honestly tell me that no yoruba applied to school in unn?
UNN is the most prestigious university in the east o...

Lying that I grew in the west or what? Is there a reward for saying that here?Non of my Yoruba friend applied. satisfied now?

If you don't know how to keep an argument going, don't retort to name calling.

2 Likes

Re: A Reply To Emilokoiyawon 99% Admitted Igbo Student In UNN by OMAR12: 10:57am On Sep 21, 2016
Drchristian:
I totally disagree with the op on this one, it was carefully done to prevent visitors frm migrating to the other side of the river so as to maintain their strict population of d native people...while ur people has bn giving priority and considerations in the west to d extent you installed Eze ndigbos in Lagos, Ibadan, Akure, Abeokuta e.t.c

Only a fool will believe that non igbos and yorubas did not apply to the university..like you have wrongly stated

Take FUTA, OAU, Ilorin, Benin as a case study, candidates are giving slots from each regions be it on merit or without merit to allow selection from all geopolitical zones frm arround the country.

if yorubas's cut off mark should be made 70, believe me other tribe including the igbos will be giving 40 to 50 that is how it is done here.

I read it here on nairaland and linda ikeji' tribalism comments of igbos during d time buhari made the oni of ife the pro-chancellor of the university of Nigeria Nsuka it was horrific and sickening.
Y'all can still check it here www.lindaikejisblog.com/2016/02/ooni-of-ife-sworn-in-as-chancellor-of.html?m=1

It is university if Nigeria not University of igbos for God sake, that university should be the best in Nigeria and Africa to make Nigeria a great country but if na only igbo students dey there, the purpose has bn forfeited.

Same thing is applicable to the recruitment of staff in state and federal universities....the southwest readily considers staffs applications frm all regions.
have u also gone to check the list of those who applied?? before u come out here to say this crap.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

TRENDING! Young Beautiful Lady Shocks Her Father & Mother After Graduation(pics) / 10 Unbelievable Places That Are Hard To Believe Really Exist / Solve If You Are A Genius

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.