Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

Nigeria's Situation During Gmb's Regime ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Situation During Gmb's Regime ! (1305 Views)

Nigeria- Situation Report And Yoruba Future. / List Of Governors & Ministers In GMB Regime (is He A Religion Fanatic Or Not?) / List Of Governors & Ministers In GMB Regime (is He A Religion Fanatic Or Not?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Situation During Gmb's Regime ! by mrborntodoit: 9:03pm On Nov 03, 2014
I copied these points from datolee whom made a verifiable research so I decided to create a separate thread in order not to derail barcanista's lying thread ( or even trend...lol )

Datolee's Extracts:

I really don't know why Barcanista had to lie in order to sell his candidate, Buhari, to people. Instead of telling us what are his plans, you (Barcanista) continue attacking GEJ with outright lies and deceptions.

Most often, I (datolee) don't like commenting on some issues but the way you (Brcanista) stand the truth on it's head is alarming. I don't know where you get your information but let me answer some of the lies you, APC and Buhari supporters keep shoving down our throat.

1. Boko Haram is not politically motivated, at least you can read the submission of Ahmad Salkida. So for me, saying that APC or PDP are sponsors of Boko Haram is just playing dirty politics with a very serious issue. Rather than coming together together to eliminate those evils, we keep making a child play out of it. https://www.nairaland.com/1977631/explosive-ahmad-salkida-reveals-what

Even Boko haram is PDP or APC sponsored, who sponsored Maitatsine? These are fundamental groups and they need no politician. As for the $9.3 million, I guess you know better than the SA government who after thorough investigation released the fund back to the Nigeria government. Why would an important security matter be discussed in the house and open to the public??

2. You keep on talking about the same issue which have been dealt with before. I will borrow the submission of atlwireles "You are not worth my time, how some of you, try to wish the past away is really disturbing. You are quoting a columnist to challenge a study from the library of congress. Helen Chapin Metz, ed. Nigeria: A Country Study. Washington: GPO for the Library of Congress, 1991.
http://countrystudies.us/nigeria/30.htm" F[b]rom the link, it was clearly stated that Buhari did indeed started the process of registering Nigeria to OIC. you have not provided any prove or link to disprove this, yet you keep pestering us with your lies.[/b]

3. This is the highest of all lies and cheap propaganda! I challenge you to provide us evidence of GEJ, CAN or Pastor Adeboye asking Christians to vote for Christians only. When has it become a crime to pray for those in authority? Even the Bible commanded us to pray for the leaders.
Until you provide us evidence anybody other than Buhari asking for one religion to vote for that particular religion, you are on a long time and may I remind you, you can use what others said to hold GEJ accountable so don't bring Asari or Edwin Clark into this

4. The crushing of the Maitatsine group didn't start with Buhari, infact the main leader of the group was killed in 1980 and they experience their major casualty during the time of Shagari. They kept moving from one state to another and by 1985 they moved to Cameroon.

5. This is the biggest lies APC and Buhari supports have been telling (the exception maybe that Buhari built 2 refineries in 20 months). Again, I challenge you to give you a report of Nigeria debt profile when Buhari left office. Which debt did Buhari clear?

When Shagari was overthrown in 1983 by Buhari led coup, Nigeria's external debt was $14 billion, by the Buhari left office, the debt has risen to $19 billion.

This from the Nigeria's Debt Management Office (DMO) "The debt stock therefore increased with leaps and jumps, even when no new loans were contracted. Nigeria’s external debt stock till 1977 was less than US$0.8 billion. Beginning from 1978, the external debt stock began to grow astronomically, rising from US$0.763 billion in 1977 to US$5.09 billion in 1978 and U$8.855 billion in 1980, an increase of over 73.96 percent between 1978 and 1980.
By 1985 the debt profile had deteriorated seriously due to persistent inability of the country to meet its external debt service obligations. This resulted in mounting arrears and unmanageable growth of the debt stock relative to available resources. The external debt stock, which was about US$8.855 billion in 1980, grew to nearly US$19 billion by 1985. Correspondingly, the debt stock as a percentage of total export earnings and GDP rose to uncomfortable levels of 154% and 24 %, respectively." http://www.dmo.gov.ng/ardrnigeriaexternalanddomesticdebt.php or page 6 of this research http://www.ccsenet.org/journal/index.php/jpl/article/viewFile/670/647

Please tell us which debt Buhari cleared and datolee will give you details of what happened with IMF.

6. What economy grow under Buhari? disengaging 250,000 workers as soon as he assumed office, freezing the salary of lecturers and doctors? operating a budget deficit. What exactly did he do?

It is high time APC liars stop deceiving people with their hidden agendas

Thanks to datolee , atlwireles , and everyone out there who took their time to read these verifiable facts!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Situation During Gmb's Regime ! by mrborntodoit: 10:20pm On Nov 03, 2014
E
Re: Nigeria's Situation During Gmb's Regime ! by mrborntodoit: 11:01pm On Nov 03, 2014
B
Re: Nigeria's Situation During Gmb's Regime ! by mrborntodoit: 11:56pm On Nov 03, 2014
A
Re: Nigeria's Situation During Gmb's Regime ! by erayo2GCA(m): 12:16am On Nov 04, 2014
When I was much younger I love writing TOTO on the wall

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Situation During Gmb's Regime ! by mrborntodoit: 12:25am On Nov 04, 2014
^^ Hope you made a hole on the wall too , lol

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Situation During Gmb's Regime ! by mrborntodoit: 1:11am On Nov 04, 2014
S
Re: Nigeria's Situation During Gmb's Regime ! by Sibabasibaba1: 1:19am On Nov 04, 2014
You should know that the APC has a three-point agenda: Propaganda, propaganda and propaganda. If they can say that a man who illegally toppled a legitimate government is not corrupt what else can they not say? They forget that taking advantage of the system, breaking the law and acquiring anything (including power) illegally are all components of corruption.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Situation During Gmb's Regime ! by denedene(m): 1:52am On Nov 04, 2014
wow!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Situation During Gmb's Regime ! by tit(f): 4:24am On Nov 04, 2014
Buhari is a born liar.
he will soon shed more corocodile tears.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Situation During Gmb's Regime ! by mrborntodoit: 9:08am On Nov 04, 2014
^^agreed,I only pity his e-warriors,the dogs and the baboons that will be soaked in blood sad

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Situation During Gmb's Regime ! by mrborntodoit: 9:10am On Nov 04, 2014
Sibabasibaba1:
You should know that the APC has a three-point agenda: Propaganda, propaganda and propaganda. If they can say that a man who illegally toppled a legitimate government is not corrupt what else can they not say? They forget that taking advantage of the system, breaking the law and acquiring anything (including power) illegally are all components of corruption.

I quite agree with you, the shocking part is whenever a corrupt politician decamps,they celebrate it and the old thief becomes a new saint!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Situation During Gmb's Regime ! by mrborntodoit: 11:32am On Nov 04, 2014
W
Re: Nigeria's Situation During Gmb's Regime ! by mrborntodoit: 1:41pm On Nov 04, 2014
E
Re: Nigeria's Situation During Gmb's Regime ! by omenka(m): 1:45pm On Nov 04, 2014
erayo2GCA:
When I was much younger I love writing TOTO on the wall
I've seen that word a coupla times. What does it mean
Re: Nigeria's Situation During Gmb's Regime ! by mrborntodoit: 5:58pm On Nov 04, 2014
^^
Re: Nigeria's Situation During Gmb's Regime ! by talktimi(m): 6:06pm On Nov 04, 2014
Abacha was not corrupt
Re: Nigeria's Situation During Gmb's Regime ! by mrborntodoit: 9:23pm On Nov 04, 2014
^^ lol
Re: Nigeria's Situation During Gmb's Regime ! by talktimi(m): 9:46pm On Nov 04, 2014
^^^ grin
Re: Nigeria's Situation During Gmb's Regime ! by mrborntodoit: 5:49pm On Nov 05, 2014
^^
Re: Nigeria's Situation During Gmb's Regime ! by atlwireles: 6:01pm On Nov 05, 2014
mrborntodoit:
I copied these points from datolee whom made a verifiable research so I decided to create a separate thread in order not to derail barcanista's lying thread ( or even trend...lol )

Datolee's Extracts:

I really don't know why Barcanista had to lie in order to sell his candidate, Buhari, to people. Instead of telling us what are his plans, you (Barcanista) continue attacking GEJ with outright lies and deceptions.

Most often, I (datolee) don't like commenting on some issues but the way you (Brcanista) stand the truth on it's head is alarming. I don't know where you get your information but let me answer some of the lies you, APC and Buhari supporters keep shoving down our throat.

1. Boko Haram is not politically motivated, at least you can read the submission of Ahmad Salkida. So for me, saying that APC or PDP are sponsors of Boko Haram is just playing dirty politics with a very serious issue. Rather than coming together together to eliminate those evils, we keep making a child play out of it. https://www.nairaland.com/1977631/explosive-ahmad-salkida-reveals-what

Even Boko haram is PDP or APC sponsored, who sponsored Maitatsine? These are fundamental groups and they need no politician. As for the $9.3 million, I guess you know better than the SA government who after thorough investigation released the fund back to the Nigeria government. Why would an important security matter be discussed in the house and open to the public??

2. You keep on talking about the same issue which have been dealt with before. I will borrow the submission of atlwireles "You are not worth my time, how some of you, try to wish the past away is really disturbing. You are quoting a columnist to challenge a study from the library of congress. Helen Chapin Metz, ed. Nigeria: A Country Study. Washington: GPO for the Library of Congress, 1991.
http://countrystudies.us/nigeria/30.htm" F[b]rom the link, it was clearly stated that Buhari did indeed started the process of registering Nigeria to OIC. you have not provided any prove or link to disprove this, yet you keep pestering us with your lies.[/b]

3. This is the highest of all lies and cheap propaganda! I challenge you to provide us evidence of GEJ, CAN or Pastor Adeboye asking Christians to vote for Christians only. When has it become a crime to pray for those in authority? Even the Bible commanded us to pray for the leaders.
Until you provide us evidence anybody other than Buhari asking for one religion to vote for that particular religion, you are on a long time and may I remind you, you can use what others said to hold GEJ accountable so don't bring Asari or Edwin Clark into this

4. The crushing of the Maitatsine group didn't start with Buhari, infact the main leader of the group was killed in 1980 and they experience their major casualty during the time of Shagari. They kept moving from one state to another and by 1985 they moved to Cameroon.

5. This is the biggest lies APC and Buhari supports have been telling (the exception maybe that Buhari built 2 refineries in 20 months). Again, I challenge you to give you a report of Nigeria debt profile when Buhari left office. Which debt did Buhari clear?

When Shagari was overthrown in 1983 by Buhari led coup, Nigeria's external debt was $14 billion, by the Buhari left office, the debt has risen to $19 billion.

This from the Nigeria's Debt Management Office (DMO) "The debt stock therefore increased with leaps and jumps, even when no new loans were contracted. Nigeria’s external debt stock till 1977 was less than US$0.8 billion. Beginning from 1978, the external debt stock began to grow astronomically, rising from US$0.763 billion in 1977 to US$5.09 billion in 1978 and U$8.855 billion in 1980, an increase of over 73.96 percent between 1978 and 1980.
By 1985 the debt profile had deteriorated seriously due to persistent inability of the country to meet its external debt service obligations. This resulted in mounting arrears and unmanageable growth of the debt stock relative to available resources. The external debt stock, which was about US$8.855 billion in 1980, grew to nearly US$19 billion by 1985. Correspondingly, the debt stock as a percentage of total export earnings and GDP rose to uncomfortable levels of 154% and 24 %, respectively." http://www.dmo.gov.ng/ardrnigeriaexternalanddomesticdebt.php or page 6 of this research http://www.ccsenet.org/journal/index.php/jpl/article/viewFile/670/647

Please tell us which debt Buhari cleared and datolee will give you details of what happened with IMF.

6. What economy grow under Buhari? disengaging 250,000 workers as soon as he assumed office, freezing the salary of lecturers and doctors? operating a budget deficit. What exactly did he do?

It is high time APC liars stop deceiving people with their hidden agendas

Thanks to datolee , atlwireles , and everyone out there who took their time to read these verifiable facts!

Thanks, people like you and I need to be speaking up. Never believed, I would live to see a day, Buhari is called a great economist. angry. Most of their propaganda stays on NL. Imagine some of these fellows opening their mouths in public. Can you imagine, the kind of slap most of them will receive.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Situation During Gmb's Regime ! by atlwireles: 6:12pm On Nov 05, 2014
In the year 2014, it is unfortunate that some public commentators still feel a need to resort to using indecorous language when discussing retired Major General Muhammadu Buhari, a former military dictator and leading presidential aspirant of the All Progressives Congress (APC). If not for anything else, Buhari, at 72, is a Nigerian elder who deserves to be accorded the respect that all Nigerian communities accord their elders. True, there are times when Buhari himself fails to speak or act like an elder. Despite that, we cannot take away what God, in His mercies, has granted the man; that is, the privilege of living to become an elder.

Those who are in support of Buhari’s desire to ascend the nation’s presidency are fond of pointing to his anti-corruption record when he was a military dictator who truncated the democratically-elected government of President Shehu Shagari at the end of 1983. For what it is worth, it must be conceded that this much-vaunted anti-corruption record is a good starting point, never mind that the immense differences between a 42-year-old Buhari leading a military dictatorship and a 72-year-old Buhari chasing a civilian presidency do not quite resolve in the retired General’s favour.

On the other hand, for those who are against Buhari’s present-day ambition, it is also to his records, and his words, that they should turn; there should be no room for rude or inappropriate language. In Buhari’s records and words, present and past, we find enough to make discerning Nigerians shudder that the former military dictator would once again present himself as a potential presidential candidate of any political party after three failed attempts.

The present-day Buhari, that is the 72-year-old chasing a civilian presidency, said recently in an interview that he is not opposed to a Muslim-Muslim ticket, implying that Christians in the country should either live with it or perhaps go and form their own country. In his words: “…the question of this Muslim-Muslim ticket, although it was a long way from Abiola and Kingibe [in 1993], all the same, I have not absolutely closed my mind….” That an elder like Buhari fails to see how insensitive these words are is an indication that he may, unfortunately, have a hangover from his days as a military dictator.

Even though former President Olusegun Obasanjo, while not addressing Buhari directly, has pooh-poohed the Muslim-Muslim ticket idea, it certainly cannot register with the APC presidential aspirant. This is because, as a military dictator, Buhari did exactly as he wished and picked Brigadier (later Major-General) Tunde Idiagbon, a fellow Muslim, as his deputy under the title of Chief of Staff, Supreme Headquarters. If Buhari, the military dictator, saw nothing wrong in him, a Muslim, having another Muslim as his deputy, it is a wonder that people expect him today to now reconsider his position, more so, after having thrice, as he rationalised, chosen Christian running mates and failed to win in 2003, 2007 and 2011.

Moreover, Buhari’s record in his days of military dictatorship speaks volumes of his tolerance for or predisposition towards people from the South of Nigeria. His Supreme Military Council, SMC, the highest decision-making body under Buhari’s government, was inaugurated in January 1984 with a total of 16 members. Eleven of the SMC members were from the North. These included Buhari himself and Idiagbon, Major-General Domkat Bali, Major-General Ibrahim Babangida, Major-General Mamman Vatsa, and Air Vice Marshal Ibrahim Alfa. Others were Brigadier Sani Abacha, Brigadier Yohanna Kure, Brigadier Mohammed Magoro, Brigadier Gado Nasko, and Colonel Salihu Ibrahim.

The five Southerners on the SMC were: Commodore Augustus Aikhomu, Brigadier Ola Oni, Brigadier Paul Omu, Air Commodore Larry Koinyan and Navy Captain Ebitu Ukiwe. Interestingly, Omu, Koinyan and Ukiwe appeared to be afterthoughts for, other than Nasko, they were the only SMC members without portfolios.

Additionally, in Buhari’s heyday as the overlord of the General Sani Abacha-established Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF), it is on record that he took matters to an astonishing level by engaging the services of the late Ahmad Salihijo, his brother in-law and head of the all-powerful Afri-Projects Consortium, as a super-consultant. It was well-known that absolutely nothing could happen in PTF without the express approval of Salihijo’s Afri-Projects Consortium, the supervising-consultant to the PTF that wielded so much power in a manner that had never been seen in any organisation before then.

If that was the Buhari of the past, it is common knowledge that the present-day Buhari continues to surround himself with mostly people from the Katsina-Kaduna-Kano axis. Buhari only remembers to make a quick dash to the south when he is seeking a lame-duck running mate for his quest for the presidency. Of course, that is his right. He may associate with only those he wishes to associate with. However, it should concern all well-meaning Nigerians if, with his track record, Buhari wishes to lead Nigeria under a democratic dispensation.

It should also concern all Nigerians that the present-day Buhari has consistently displayed a predilection to encourage violence among his followers. Indeed, it would be rather irresponsible of Nigerians to forget that it was Buhari who said: “If what happened in 2011 should again happen in 2015, by the grace of God, the dog and the baboon would all be soaked in blood.” The interpretation to this ominous statement is a clear pointer that we do not require insults to reject Buhari’s present-day aspirations.[b][/b]
http://www.opinions.ng/buharis-records-and-words-are-enough/

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Situation During Gmb's Regime ! by tit(f): 6:16pm On Nov 05, 2014
i herad that during buhari time, if you want to go to bank, you take your mattress with you.
the line can long from Palmgrove to Masa-masa.
If you need to do any business, forget it.
that is why investors left nigeria.

buhari!
bad man!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Situation During Gmb's Regime ! by tit(f): 6:21pm On Nov 05, 2014
atlwireles:

Additionally, in Buhari’s heyday as the overlord of the General Sani Abacha-established Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF), it is on record that he took matters to an astonishing level by engaging the services of the late Ahmad Salihijo, his brother in-law and head of the all-powerful Afri-Projects Consortium, as a super-consultant. It was well-known that absolutely nothing could happen in PTF without the express approval of Salihijo’s Afri-Projects Consortium, the supervising-consultant to the PTF that wielded so much power in a manner that had never been seen in any organisation before then.

/

And when the tyrant Obasanjo, smelling sme-sme, called for an audit of the PTF,
the Chairman of Afri-Projects Consortium (APC), Buhari's in-law conveniently died on his way to the audit panel.
His murder was swept under the carpet of Mr. Intergreedy.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Situation During Gmb's Regime ! by atlwireles: 6:25pm On Nov 05, 2014
^^^^ The buhari supporters are better advised to leave the past alone. Buhari was bad market in 1966, 1976,1983, 1994, 2011 and most definitely in 2015. If they want to revisit the man's past, then we will tell them the complete story.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Situation During Gmb's Regime ! by Curlieweed: 6:33pm On Nov 05, 2014
tit:
i herad that during buhari time, if you want to go to bank, you take your mattress with you.
the line can long from Palmgrove to Masa-masa.
If you need to do any business, forget it.
that is why investors left nigeria.

buhari!
bad man!

His supporters will point out that Bin Buhari reduced inflation. They forget to mention that if you spend 2 days trying to extricate your N5 from the bank, you will be loathe to spend it on trifles especially when you have to join another even longer queue to buy any of the bare essentials like soap, milk, rice, cocoa powder, sugar or just about any everyday commodity.

Actually, if we are going to be honest we can only compare the scale of Ayotollah Bin Buhari's economic mismanagement with what the likes of Idi Amin were able to achieve in Uganda.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Situation During Gmb's Regime ! by mrborntodoit: 6:34pm On Nov 05, 2014
atlwireles:

Thanks, people like you and I need to be speaking up. Never believed, I would live to see a day, Buhari is called a great economist. angry. Most of their propaganda stays on NL. Imagine some of these fellows opening their mouths in public. Can you imagine, the kind of slap most of them will receive.

Agreed, the people seeking for Buhari's' election are those who knew nothing about his regime, the indomie generation acting on impulse of the APC propaganda or those tribal bigots hating on GEJ .

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Situation During Gmb's Regime ! by ayukdaboss(m): 6:40pm On Nov 05, 2014
Shameless TANoids. You're filling up all the slots for comments at the top of the page so you won't be countered publicly and disgraced. Do you ever see barcanista booking up spaces at the top of his posts to avoid counters??
Re: Nigeria's Situation During Gmb's Regime ! by Osakah24(m): 6:56pm On Nov 05, 2014
But when exactly did the general now under-go the baptism of integrity? . I watched the same buhari that previously refused to mingle with the so called "corrupt " politicians in the past now hold rallies with all of them everyday and they still call pdp of which they where part and parcel of for all this years names. Nigerians should stop being this gullible abeg.
That we want change does not mean anyhow change.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Situation During Gmb's Regime ! by o42austino(m): 8:24pm On Nov 05, 2014
Dont mind those APC liars, Even d devil is ashamed of their liars.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Situation During Gmb's Regime ! by talktimi(m): 9:25pm On Nov 05, 2014
But seriously, Abacha wasn't corrupt. cool
Buhari said so himself

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Jobless Graduate Drowns In Ibadan Lake. / Kidnappers,car Snatchers And Armed Rubbers Arrested By Anambra Police.(pictures) / The Incoruptible General<pics>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.