Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Tips To Keeping A Good African Man - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tips To Keeping A Good African Man (43437 Views)

Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? / Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? / How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips To Keeping A Good African Man by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 05, 2014
aisha2:

Most of the men i know about 70 percent put thier families first and dont go acting like babies who need 24 hours watching.

Being a man in Africa especially Nigeria is not easy abeg. Traffic, work, and family i also hail those who keep it all together and their sanity. No light, no water, poor security etc. Yet they work hard to keep it all together. These men are different from those published on that list who are made to look like spoilt helpless babies, we are adults, we make choices and live with the consequences. Having a home is a choice, men have responsibility and women have responsibility, men should love their wives unconditionally and protect them just as Christ did for us.

Women should submit to that love and not take it for granted. Being a head is not just about benefits but about responsibility, if it goes well the head takes the glory if it goes bad head takes the blame but what we do these days ia just highlight benefits of headship then lay the responsibility of making a marriage work on the womans feet.

I have seen so many changes in recent years, African men moving from what has been the norm, before it was a taboo for a man to be seen near the kitchen these days its even a thing of pride as they show off on social media. I have so many male friends who now write wills as soon as they marry or have kids, i see men shopping for thier families and carrying kids which if it was years ago the men would be asked to go for deliverance from his wifes juju.

I gre up with a great father who supported my mom by raising us while she was at the peak of her career, i have seen my in laws sacrfice so much for their wives and kids even when their wives may be far from perfect and i have a husband who has literally laid his life down for me. Just After we met i feel ill, it wasnt moi moi sickness, one would expect a man just getting to know a woman to run after all we were not even that serious then but the level and extent he went to keep me healthy and alive still shocks me.

Hence i have a problem with a list that presents men to young impressionable young men and women as almost senseless babies to be waited on hands on foot before they can give you any love or respect.

Nice try.

However, I disagree on this list giving the wrong impression about our men. I think this list is the women's version of your first, second, fourth and fifth paragraphs. If the men readily do all those things what are the women supposed to do? That's what I think this list is about. We constantly read lists on the duties and responsibilities of a man and I think we'd take the fruit and spit out the seeds. What the women on here should do is reject the ones they feel are wrong and move on, and there are some things on that list I don't subscribe to. When you reject the list in its entirety you open the door for an unnecessary and avoidable gender war.

Per the bible and love and submission, if I remember correctly, the wife is to submit to her husband, not his love and the husband is to love his wife, not her submission. That is unconditional love.

4 Likes

Re: Tips To Keeping A Good African Man by 5minsmadness: 12:12pm On Nov 05, 2014
aisha2:

Most of the men i know about 70 percent put thier families first and dont go acting like babies who need 24 hours watching.

Being a man in Africa especially Nigeria is not easy abeg. Traffic, work, and family i also hail those who keep it all together and their sanity. No light, no water, poor security etc. Yet they work hard to keep it all together. These men are different from those published on that list who are made to look like spoilt helpless babies, we are adults, we make choices and live with the consequences. Having a home is a choice, men have responsibility and women have responsibility, men should love their wives unconditionally and protect them just as Christ did for us.

Women should submit to that love and not take it for granted. Being a head is not just about benefits but about responsibility, if it goes well the head takes the glory if it goes bad head takes the blame but what we do these days ia just highlight benefits of headship then lay the responsibility of making a marriage work on the womans feet.

I have seen so many changes in recent years, African men moving from what has been the norm, before it was a taboo for a man to be seen near the kitchen these days its even a thing of pride as they show off on social media. I have so many male friends who now write wills as soon as they marry or have kids, i see men shopping for thier families and carrying kids which if it was years ago the men would be asked to go for deliverance from his wifes juju.

I gre up with a great father who supported my mom by raising us while she was at the peak of her career, i have seen my in laws sacrfice so much for their wives and kids even when their wives may be far from perfect and i have a husband who has literally laid his life down for me. Just After we met i feel ill, it wasnt moi moi sickness, one would expect a man just getting to know a woman to run after all we were not even that serious then but the level and extent he went to keep me healthy and alive still shocks me.

Hence i have a problem with a list that presents men to young impressionable young men and women as almost senseless babies to be waited on hands on foot before they can give you any love or respect.

You still haven't said which of the points you find offensive.

3 Likes

Re: Tips To Keeping A Good African Man by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 05, 2014
freshdude2:
Nice try.
However, I disagree on this list giving the wrong impression about our men. I think this list is the women's version of your first, second, fourth and fifth paragraphs. If the men readily do all those things what are the women supposed to do? That's what I think this list is about. We constantly read lists on the duties and responsibilities of a man and I think we'd take the fruit and spit out the seeds. What the women on here should do is reject the ones they feel are wrong and move on, and there are some things on that list I don't subscribe to. When you reject the list in its entirety you open the door for an unnecessary and avoidable gender war.
Per the bible and love and submission, if I remember correctly, the wife is to submit to her husband, not his love and the husband is to love his wife, not her submission. That is unconditional love.

Question asked question answered only because i respect you. I dont do long endless back and forth.

5 Likes

Re: Tips To Keeping A Good African Man by 5minsmadness: 12:27pm On Nov 05, 2014
Recognise that not every westernised idea or norm is good for the longevity of an African relationship
·     Respect your man, respect his African values
·     Don’t rubbish African culture for the sake of feminism
·     Know or learn what being an African man is all about
·     Recognise that a woman living alone for a long concerted time reduces a woman’s compatibility with a proper African man
·     Don’t puncture his balloon just to get even or drag him down
·     Don’t be hateful, spiteful or seek revenge
·     Be forgiving, Don’t be mean and Don’t be wicked

Anything wrong here?

2 Likes

Re: Tips To Keeping A Good African Man by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 05, 2014
aisha2:

Question asked question answered only because i respect you. I don't do long endless back and forth.
Ok. Thanks for your time.

1 Like

Re: Tips To Keeping A Good African Man by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 05, 2014
Onegai:

carries anointing oil and pours on 3cycle's head, murmurs prayers and blessings on 3cycle for this comment. May you have a perfect for this comment.

"mere dust" grin grin grin
Ese ma... grin
Re: Tips To Keeping A Good African Man by Shirley07: 1:11pm On Nov 05, 2014
50calibre:

You obviously don't know what you're talking about. African men got a better reputation than black American men (apart from the fraud thingy, African men are spotless)

You can't just assume that everyone thinks like you. You're just spewing out senseless stereotypes you've been exposed to...... Africa = primitiveness lool guess what? Some women want cave men, the barbaric looking ones that will fuc*k them like a savage animal.

Go to Kenya & see how many white women from Europe and America trooping there to marry Masai warriors.
And they discard them after use like tissues.
Marry? In your La la land.

1 Like

Re: Tips To Keeping A Good African Man by 5minsmadness: 1:29pm On Nov 05, 2014
I still believe the truth is that many of these ladies did not read what the op wrote and it is evident by their answers(or dodging the questions as the case may be).
The just glanced at the thread and saw:

African man

Respect

And their eyes turned red like Apollo and they started insulting the op.

Women what do you want?
To kill the OP angry angry angry

Why do you want to do it?

We don't know

When do you want to it?
Now angry angry angry

Smh.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips To Keeping A Good African Man by iyisco2001(m): 2:08pm On Nov 05, 2014
Onegai:

May I get to know you in real life? Please I may be settling down soon and gosh I need people like you in my life. Nigerian marriages sound terrifying, nightmarishly bad and horrible, especially when you read NL and the men commenting on it. You, on the other hand, are mature and calm and have respect and are respected by your spouse. So I need to come and learn from good example.

grin nairaland pipu and marriage issue.
Re: Tips To Keeping A Good African Man by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 05, 2014
50calibre:

Tell them!! Africans are the only ones who see their culture as more of a burden so they strive to dissociate themselves from it in a bid to appear more civilised. That's not civilisation, it's inferiority complex, the number of Nigerians adopting fake accents these days, attests to this fact.

It's really pathetic, Africa is entering a new age of enslavement, self-enslavement if you will. Looks at its entertainment industry, you'd see a continent fast losing its originality.

Damn! I slept of real early yesterday, after a long summer, my body is trying to adapt to the cold.

Lmao...hence I always attach a c4 to their self-esteem and bomb it to smithereens. grin And most of them are beyond busted in looks - when you see their pictures, you almost wanna puke. A look at the Miss NL thread that was on fp yesterday should give you an insight. And once now start considering the fact that they're mostly stark illiterates and village bums, it just makes the clowning more hysterical. You have a biitch that has never even seen a dish washer and washing machine in her life, yet she's running her mouth to someone who's out of her league and can feed her whole family for 2 years straight without blinking an eye, and send them into slavery. And another jobless lowlife with multiple personality disorder that doesn't even have a dishwasher talking about like she has one, and when she was asked to post the picture - she went ghost. They attach so much importance to what folks who have it, and have always had it don't even care about.

Don't even get me started on the accent thing. grin These folks can't even speak the English language properly, talking about accent would be a little bit of a stretch here lol. These fvckers speak Japanese-Chinese-Ebonics-Spanish in one, the accent always sound like drums to my ears.

Civilisation is about human development, culture, and a way of life, for orderliness. These folks don't even understand what it entails, hence I always call them stark illiterates. It has nothing to do with attaching importance to irrelevant things just because it got to you late, and that was what Prof. Wole Soyinka alluded to in his Op-ed with the Telegraph UK two years ago when he said, "a mistake in London, is a fashion trend in Nigeria." I shall keep clowning these obnoxious fvckers and keep destroying their self-esteem lol. It's all part of banter! grin

It's winter already since the time has changed. Apparently, it's already snowing in Canada and America. Got all my jackets out already, and time to start ringing all these chics on the regs, fam. You know you need them more during winter. grin

3 Likes

Re: Tips To Keeping A Good African Man by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 05, 2014
Er, 50calibre, Kendrick Lemar just dropped the video to his "i" tune, and the video took the tune to the next level. And after watching him explain the concept to the tune yesterday, I've to say he's the best rapper out there right now, and he's supremely intelligent. The tune has that old school blues feel to it, and he sampled the The Isley Brothers. Heck, Ron Isley is in the video. Inspirational tune and it's the official tune for the NBA now.

And also, there is a massive hype about his next single, "King Kunta" - and it's like the most anticipated tune right now. The hype is crazy! Hopefully, the tune will live up to the hype, I can't wait.

"i" video right here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aShfolR6w8
Re: Tips To Keeping A Good African Man by cococandy(f): 6:18pm On Nov 05, 2014
naijababe:

Na wa o. So if a woman likes sex she is wayward. Dem no go scatter my brain for NL one day sha
you didn't know?
Re: Tips To Keeping A Good African Man by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 05, 2014
cococandy:
you didn't know?

Well, I found out o lipsrsealed
Re: Tips To Keeping A Good African Man by cococandy(f): 6:28pm On Nov 05, 2014
moca:
@op, lets narrow this ur tales by moonlight down, can we?

Africa is multicultural.
What is obtainable in morroco is not d same in kenya.
Now, in nigeria we hv numerous culture.
U all will agree with me that d way igbo man views marriage and family is not d same as hausa or kanuri or yoruba so do tell us, which culture are u refering to cos in my culture which is igbo i can bet with my ass that our men spoil their ORIAKU so well that a man's worth and money is measured by merely looking at d wife and kids.
2ndly, our men dont brag, they know what they r capable of and do it as d head of the family and it gives them uttermost satisfaction when they see their handwork.

Pls go and check d meaning of oriaku and give us the interpretation. All around me, d men pamper and spoil their wives rotten.
Yes, most wives drive better cars than their husbands.

U guys will come to d net and start spewing rubbish and some gulliable ones will conclude that is how marriage has degenerated into.

Yes, marriage pass tru some hardtimes emotionally,psychologically or financially but i tell u good marriage does and will never equate those draculian laws i saw up there.

When it comes to marriage, it becomes african man yet african man is yet to show his prowess in world powers and economy.
All african countries so backward.
U write epistle for women here yet ur fellow men r pocketing d future of ur children to themselves and all u do is hail them for one egbunje or d other.
Ndi iberibe.
kiss
Re: Tips To Keeping A Good African Man by cococandy(f): 6:29pm On Nov 05, 2014
naijababe:

Well, I found out o lipsrsealed
oh good. Remember never to let your sexxual appetite show. You don't wanna be slut shamed ya know wink
Re: Tips To Keeping A Good African Man by cococandy(f): 6:38pm On Nov 05, 2014
Chillisauce:

who was gonna read the horse sh1t except his fellow dreamers. After fantasizing, they will wake up still in their[b] dirty smelly boxers.[/b]

No one to love them nor actualize their dreams grin
Well their weed loves them.when reality becomes too harsh,drinks and cigarettes and two-pence whoress take the edge off. But basically it is all about existing in stale smelling dinghy apartments. Dreaming of Beyoncé-like beauties with Martha Stewart abilities and hearts of mother Theresa.

Dreaming is allowed anyway.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tips To Keeping A Good African Man by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 05, 2014
cococandy:

Well their weed loves them.when reality becomes too harsh,drinks and cigarettes and two-pence whoress take the edge off. But basically it all about existing in stale smelling dinghy apartments. Dreaming of Beyoncé-like beauties with Martha Stewart abilities and hearts of mother Theresa.

Dreaming is allowed anyway.

grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Tips To Keeping A Good African Man by 50calibre(m): 6:42pm On Nov 05, 2014
SirShymex:

Lmao...hence I always attach a c4 to their self-esteem and bomb it to smithereens. grin And most of them are beyond busted in looks - when you see their pictures, you almost wanna puke. A look at the Miss NL thread that was on fp yesterday should give you an insight. And once now start considering the fact that they're mostly stark illiterates and village bums, it just makes the clowning more hysterical. You have a biitch that has never even seen a dish washer and washing machine in her life, yet she's running her mouth to someone who's out of her league and can feed her whole family for 2 years straight without blinking an eye, and send them into slavery. And another jobless lowlife with multiple personality disorder that doesn't even have a dishwasher talking about like she has one, and when she was asked to post the picture - she went ghost. They attach so much importance to what folks who have it, and have always had it don't even care about.

Don't even get me started on the accent thing. grin These folks can't even speak the English language properly, talking about accent would be a little bit of a stretch here lol. These fvckers speak Japanese-Chinese-Ebonics-Spanish in one, the accent always sound like drums to my ears.

Civilisation is about human development, culture, and a way of life, for orderliness. These folks don't even understand what it entails, hence I always call them stark illiterates. It has nothing to do with attaching importance to irrelevant things just because it got to you late, and that was what Prof. Wole Soyinka alluded to in his Op-ed with the Telegraph UK two years ago when he said, "a mistake in London, is a fashion trend in Nigeria." I shall keep clowning these obnoxious fvckers and keep destroying their self-esteem lol. It's all part of banter! grin

It's winter already since the time has changed. Apparently, it's already snowing in Canada and America. Got all my jackets out already, and time to start ringing all these chics on the regs, fam. You know you need them more during winter. grin

Lol attaching C4s to their self esteem like a jihadist hahaha ride on bruv I'm with you. Keep ethering these delusional chics till the message permeates their thick skulls.

Good looks are not a common feature among naija chics. It one thing to be ugly but incorporating that with an equally ugly attitude is what riles me up the most.

I did check out the Miss NL thread, my disappointment was made known right from the start, I did vote for a few better looking ones out of the bunch, you know they say in the country of blind men, a one eyed man is king.

Hahaha I tell ya! One needs to endure these cold nights with something warm & soft.. A nice chic with nice boo*bs & a humongous batty will come in handy. grin

2 Likes

Re: Tips To Keeping A Good African Man by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 05, 2014
cococandy:
oh good. Remember never to let your sexxual appetite show. You don't wanna be slut shamed ya know wink

grin grin grin grin
Re: Tips To Keeping A Good African Man by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 05, 2014
cococandy:

Lol............... grin

1 Like

Re: Tips To Keeping A Good African Man by 50calibre(m): 7:02pm On Nov 05, 2014
SirShymex:
Er, 50calibre, Kendrick Lemar just dropped the video to his "i" tune, and the video took the tune to the next level. And after watching him explain the concept to the tune yesterday, I've to say he's the best rapper out there right now, and he's supremely intelligent. The tune has that old school blues feel to it, and he sampled the The Isley Brothers. Heck, Ron Isley is in the video. Inspirational tune and it's the official tune for the NBA now.

And also, there is a massive hype about his next single, "King Kunta" - and it's like the most anticipated tune right now. The hype is crazy! Hopefully, the tune will live up to the hype, I can't wait.

"i" video right here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aShfolR6w8

Dop*e video!! Kendrick is very good, years ago when I had no idea who he was but kept hearing his hype, I took the time to listen to him & found his lyrical prowess far superior to that of most rappers.

I've heard Angie Martinez & DJ envy/chalarmagne talk about that King Kunta single on their radio shows, didn't really pay much attention it, but now you mentioned it, il be on the lookout.

I like the energy Kendrick brings to the rap scene, he makes other rappers want to sit up and get back to basics.. It's good for hip hop especially in a time like this when the completion is so weak.

1 Like

Re: Tips To Keeping A Good African Man by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 05, 2014
50calibre:

Lol attaching C4s to their self esteem like a jihadist hahaha ride on bruv I'm with you. Keep ethering these delusional chics till the message permeates their thick skulls.

Good looks are not a common feature among naija chics. It one thing to be ugly but incorporating that with an equally ugly attitude is what riles me up the most.

I did check out the Miss NL thread, my disappointment was made known right from the start, I did vote for a few better looking ones out of the bunch, you know they say in the country of blind men, a one eyed man is king.

Hahaha I tell ya! One needs to endure these cold nights with something warm & soft.. A nice chic with nice boo*bs & a humongous batty will come in handy. grin

Lol, that's the only way they can blow up for being attention seekers and trying to fake it till they make it. Attach a c4 to their self-esteem and blow it up to smithereens. Then watch them scamper for cover, log out, cry offline for hours - and try to save face with lame comebacks. grin No filter, and destroying downtrodden bums and primeval stark illiterates stuck in the village since the dark ages. cool Just laughing my butts off right now! grin grin

Mate, these folks are allergic to osmosis, and the semi-permeable membrane is elusive to them. So permeability is out of the equation. You just have to pummel them with that big right hand. And watch them follow you on every thread you're on, trying to get ya attention. You turn them to stans...and laugh hysterically at their antics. Inconsequential non-achieving numbnuts.

I don't blame naij guys in naij, you just have to settle with what's in-front of you. It's just problematic when the quality is low, yet they talk all that reckless and disrespectful talks. Sit ya ar.se down, even Brazilian chics don't act this belligerent.

There are nice movies at the cinema now, you can start off with - with a date. Denzel Washington's "The Equalizer" is still showing. And I think Brad Pitt's "Fury" is also showing now. But the perfect one would be Sharon Leal's "Addicted" - I can't wait for it to get to the UK and DVD. That's one movie you'll need to watch with a horn.y chic on a cold winter night! grin

Er, I just saw my e-friend for life, and our frenemy, shollypopz the BananaBender online. I need to go trouble her for a bit lol. I hope the both of you are cool now. Sholly can be annoying sometimes, but she's a cool chic.

1 Like

Re: Tips To Keeping A Good African Man by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 05, 2014
50calibre:

Dop*e video!! Kendrick is very good, years ago when I had no idea who he was but kept hearing his hype, I took the time to listen to him & found his lyrical prowess far superior to that of most rappers.

I've heard Angie Martinez & DJ envy/chalarmagne talk about that King Kunta single on their radio shows, didn't really pay much attention it, but now you mentioned it, il be on the lookout.

I like the energy Kendrick brings to the rap scene, he makes other rappers want to sit up and get back to basics.. It's good for hip hop at especially in a time like this when the completion is so weak.

I got hooked on Kendrick after listening to "Section 80." I think I used to see him in every video with Jay Rock (big fan of Jay Rock cos I grew on west coast hip hop), and I never knew he could rap. When he released "Hiiipower" - I just went bonkers, became a fan, and "Section 80" sealed it for me.

So, you listen to the Breakfast Club? grin That's my favourite radio show. I follow it on youtube. I've never been so addicted to a foreign radio show, since I was hooked of Jamie Foxx's "Foxxhole" when they had the best cast, during Uni. Charlamagne Tha God is a legend - too real for radio. And he says it as it's. Dj Envy is cool as well, and Angela Yee always bring that female aspect to discussions. I absolutely love the combo.

I like what Kendrick does. He's unique and when it comes to creativity, he doesn't follow the crowd/bandwagon. And that's what the art-form and life in general should be about. You just have to always exist in ya own space, for longevity and success. And intelligent folks with real taste will get the message and appreciate you. That's what Nas has been able to do throughout his career, and despite not having the commercial success of a Jay Z or Eminem...he's more appreciated among intellectuals and real hiphop heads. Hence Harvard could honour him with a fellowship despite dropping out of school at the 8th grade, and include some of works in their curriculum. Ditto Georgetown Uni et al. Kendrick is trying to bring the 90s feel back to hip hop - the golden era. Hip hop is spiritual! cool
Re: Tips To Keeping A Good African Man by Nobody: 7:56pm On Nov 05, 2014
Ouch!

Chillisauce:

who was gonna read the horse sh1t except his fellow dreamers. After fantasizing, they will wake up still in their dirty smelly boxers.

No one to love them nor actualize their dreams grin

5 Likes

Re: Tips To Keeping A Good African Man by Misogynist2014(m): 8:41pm On Nov 05, 2014
babygirlfl:

God bless you. I read your post and I realised that you just wrote everything in my mind. Thank you. Badly behaved men want well behaved women. An insultive man wants a lady without a voice because when you have a voice, you are a feminist. A head usually gets the blame when things go wrong but some men now want to be the head while the woman gets the blame when things go wrong. These men want a happy home but don't want to work for it instead as usuall, only the woman should work for it. Married men in happy homes know that they work hard on their marriage too. Honestly our generation is actually beginning to see the effect of men brought up in dysfunctional families.
Don't mind the op jawe, the guy wants women(men are polygamists by nature) that will serve him as slaves by honestly listing the qualities of a virtuous woman. embarassed Most men have been brainwashed by this dysfunctional society to thinking that having a family is a thing of necessity. cry

1 Like

Re: Tips To Keeping A Good African Man by Misogynist2014(m): 8:54pm On Nov 05, 2014
5minsmadness:
I still believe the truth is that many of these ladies did not read what the op wrote and it is evident by their answers(or dodging the questions as the case may be).
The just glanced at the thread and saw:

African man

Respect

And their eyes turned red like Apollo and they started insulting the op.

Women what do you want?
To kill the OP angry angry angry

Why do you want to do it?

We don't know

When do you want to it?
Now angry angry angry

Smh.
No be women you see so? Instead of opening a conter thread, they are here crying like babies. What is the difference btw women and children? We all have things we wish for, why not give yours? I really feel for women, most of them don't actually know they are wrong. cry

4 Likes

Re: Tips To Keeping A Good African Man by 50calibre(m): 9:11pm On Nov 05, 2014
SirShymex:

Lol, that's the only way they can blow up for being attention seekers and trying to fake it till they make it. Attach a c4 to their self-esteem and blow it up to smithereens. Then watch them scamper for cover, log out, cry offline for hours - and try to save face with lame comebacks. grin No filter, and destroying downtrodden bums and primeval stark illiterates stuck in the village since the dark ages. cool Just laughing my butts off right now! grin grin

Mate, these folks are allergic to osmosis, and the semi-permeable membrane is elusive to them. So permeability is out of the equation. You just have to pummel them with that big right hand. And watch them follow you on every thread you're on, trying to get ya attention. You turn them to stans...and laugh hysterically at their antics. Inconsequential non-achieving numbnuts.

I don't blame naij guys in naij, you just have to settle with what's in-front of you. It's just problematic when the quality is low, yet they talk all that reckless and disrespectful talks. Sit ya ar.se down, even Brazilian chics don't act this belligerent.

There are nice movies at the cinema now, you can start off with - with a date. Denzel Washington's "The Equalizer" is still showing. And I think Brad Pitt's "Fury" is also showing now. But the perfect one would be Sharon Leal's "Addicted" - I can't wait for it to get to the UK and DVD. That's one movie you'll need to watch with a horn.y chic on a cold winter night! grin

Er, I just saw my e-friend for life, and our frenemy, shollypopz the BananaBender online. I need to go trouble her for a bit lol. I hope the both of you are cool now. Sholly can be annoying sometimes, but she's a cool chic.

Hahaha the big right hand that sends people to sleep like that of George Foreman lol i like that.

Naija guys in naija don't know that because that's what they are used to till they get to move around & see what the calibre of women the world has to offer, only then can they put things into perspective. There are very pretty ones, though in the minority.

But most chics consider the cinemas as a bad idea for a first date, they want where they can connect easily. I would consider taking a chic to the cinemas on a second date but doing that on the first could be a deal breaker for the chic as I'm probably the worst person to go to a cinema with. I like to concentrate on the movie from start to finish, so chances are I won't be talking to her till we leave the cinemas.

This cold weather, I will consider something more hands-on for a first date, like some kind of activity which involves contact grin or even a meal at a restaurant and hopefully I'd get to smash the same day grin

I don't think Equalizer is currently airing in every cinema, it's more than a month now. I so want to see Fury, I have a feeling its epic, I like war movies besides, Brad Pitt hardly disappoints. Have you seen any of these?

I've got problems with sholly & hopefully she doesn't with me either. If she's a true feminist, then she should be able to get it just like guys do. Guys can say hurtful things all day & still remain chums. Are you in contact with her outside NL?

1 Like

Re: Tips To Keeping A Good African Man by 50calibre(m): 9:35pm On Nov 05, 2014
SirShymex:

I got hooked on Kendrick after listening to "Section 80." I think I used to see him in every video with Jay Rock (big fan of Jay Rock cos I grew on west coast hip hop), and I never knew he could rap. When he released "Hiiipower" - I just went bonkers, became a fan, and "Section 80" sealed it for me.

So, you listen to the Breakfast Club? grin That's my favourite radio show. I follow it on youtube. I've never been so addicted to a foreign radio show, since I was hooked of Jamie Foxx's "Foxxhole" when they had the best cast, during Uni. Charlamagne Tha God is a legend - too real for radio. And he says it as it's. Dj Envy is cool as well, and Angela Yee always bring that female aspect to discussions. I absolutely love the combo.

I like what Kendrick does. He's unique and when it comes to creativity, he doesn't follow the crowd/bandwagon. And that's what the art-form and life in general should be about. You just have to always exist in ya own space, for longevity and success. And intelligent folks with real taste will get the message and appreciate you. That's what Nas has been able to do throughout his career, and despite not having the commercial success of a Jay Z or Eminem...he's more appreciated among intellectuals and real hiphop heads. Hence Harvard could honour him with a fellowship despite dropping out of school at the 8th grade, and include some of works in their curriculum. Ditto Georgetown Uni et al. Kendrick is trying to bring the 90s feel back to hip hop - the golden era. Hip hop is spiritual! cool

Hahaha me too! Hi power did it for me, I still got it on my phone and listen to it once in a while for inspiration "who says a black man in the illuminati, last time I checked that was the biggest racist party"

Haha I'm an avid follower of the breakfast show, I love the dynamic between those trio, Envy is the cool funny one, chalarmagne is the crass one who rips people a new as*shole & Angela yee is the one bringing a female perspective to discussions.

I've seen Chalarmagne go in on some of the guests like kanye, cassie,... The guy is crazy, he makes it fun.

Kendrick is another in a line of Dre's proteges, at the moment, he's holding the torch for the west coast, dude proclaimed himself makavelli's offspring and nobody's challenging him.

1 Like

Re: Tips To Keeping A Good African Man by shady26(m): 11:15pm On Nov 05, 2014
spiceemman:
Even for an African man than I am , this is utterly ridiculous and way too much a set of rules to keep a man happy. Like she got to have/do all these? cool keep it simple, respect a man and he'd love you!
you are correct. but its actually respect and love the man,he will respect and love you back and together both of you can deal with the other issues that pretty much has to do with understanding.
But be submissive oooh,and to the man be patient joor and help her become the best of herself.
Re: Tips To Keeping A Good African Man by shady26(m): 11:16pm On Nov 05, 2014
spiceemman:
Even for an African man than I am , this is utterly ridiculous and way too much a set of rules to keep a man happy. Like she got to have/do all these? cool keep it simple, respect a man and he'd love you!
you are correct.
to our ladies ,its actually respect and love the man,he will respect and love you back and together both of you can deal with the other issues that pretty much has to do with understanding.
But be submissive oooh,and to the man be patient joor and help her become the best of herself.
No mr right or missus right
Re: Tips To Keeping A Good African Man by Nobody: 11:24pm On Nov 05, 2014
50calibre:

Hahaha the big right hand that sends people to sleep like that of George Foreman lol i like that.

Naija guys in naija don't know that because that's what they are used to till they get to move around & see what the calibre of women the world has to offer, only then can they put things into perspective. There are very pretty ones, though in the minority.

But most chics consider the cinemas as a bad idea for a first date, they want where they can connect easily. I would consider taking a chic to the cinemas on a second date but doing that on the first could be a deal breaker for the chic as I'm probably the worst person to go to a cinema with. I like to concentrate on the movie from start to finish, so chances are I won't be talking to her till we leave the cinemas.

This cold weather, I will consider something more hands-on for a first date, like some kind of activity which involves contact grin or even a meal at a restaurant and hopefully I'd get to smash the same day grin

I don't think Equalizer is currently airing in every cinema, it's more than a month now. I so want to see Fury, I have a feeling its epic, I like war movies besides, Brad Pitt hardly disappoints. Have you seen any of these?

I've got problems with sholly & hopefully she doesn't with me either. If she's a true feminist, then she should be able to get it just like guys do. Guys can say hurtful things all day & still remain chums. Are you in contact with her outside NL?

Lmao, you defo. know what time it's. That vicious George Foreman right hand that turned loads of boxers to damaged goods and shot boxers. Once get knocked out cold with that shiit, there's no coming back. You'd be out for hours, and when you regain consciousness - you can huff and puff everywhere, but you'll never be the same again.

Yes, once you've got varieties in terms of chics with top-notch quality, there's always that window of opportunity to always exert authority. Especially when you're in a space where you don't have to do much. But regardless, that shouldn't negate the fact that you've to always keep it real, and put folks in check if need be. The bums and repulsive ones are always the loudest.

Nah, I wasn't alluding to first date. I was talking about old linkages on dormant, and reactivating them to continue where you left off. You need proper conversations with new chics, so cinema will always be a bad idea. Anyway, hunting for new chics during winter is just long, with everyone covered up, and people staying indoors most times. Unless you meet them at a gathering, and that also depends on mood.

Fam, I always cheat with the cinema shiit cos movies most times get to the UK late. So, I always make sure I watch the movie on the internet before going there. Once I get there, I just find my spot somewhere in the corner at the back. And you know with chics, it won't take long before they put their heads on ya shoulder. With that, you'll just kick off with the appetiser, before the main course, when you get home.

Yes, I've seen both. "The Equalizer" is just the typical hero movie Sir Denzel (the coolest muthaphucka ever) is into these days. I like how they ended it though. He travelled all the way to Moscow, to kill the supreme head of the Russian mob with the mofo still in shower. The mofo said, "peace is expensive, but I can buy it for you." Came out and was electrocuted lol. The movie is somewhat similar to all the straight-to-DVD films Wesley Snipes used to do when he was blacklisted, and subsequently locked up for tax fraud. I'm a big Denzel Washington fan, and I always watch his movies.

Fury is a war movie, but it's very brutal and looks like a horror movie. Brad Pitt killed it as usual, though the storyline is somewhat sketchy. But I want to see it again on the big screen. Probably this weekend cos one of my exes has been troubling me about going to the cinema.

Nah, I've never spoken to her off NL, she's still on probation lol. She just gets too emotional sometimes, and I like my privacy and space. I kind of still have that mentality of being a ghost and not putting your face everywhere. Just keep it real, banter, and only share generic things about ya experience without putting a face to it. That just comes with the territory and the need not to blow ya own trumpet everywhere. However, I would say I like her tenacity, the realness she brings, and the "I don't give a fvck" attitude...though I don't agree with her overbearing feminism. She's like one of my old e-friends, and she used to say a lot of interesting things. Perhaps cos she attended an HBCU and she somewhat understands an experience I can relate to. But she's a cool chic regardless of our disagreements and, on and off e-friendship.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Body Of 2-year-old Boy Trapped In Well For 12 Days Is Found In Spain(Pics) / Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury / Is Anything Wrong With My Wife's Question? (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.