Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Should Married Couple Sleep On Different Beds? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Married Couple Sleep On Different Beds? (9253 Views)

Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? / Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? / Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Married Couple Sleep On Different Beds? by Naslala(m): 6:45pm On Aug 05, 2006
My fellow nairaland members what do you think about married couples that don't sleep together on the same bed,am not saying its bad for a women or man to have their own room for privacy sake but why do they go as far as sleeping differently or are they afraid to touch one another?Please lets help and put a stop to this
Re: Should Married Couple Sleep On Different Beds? by dondele(m): 7:02pm On Aug 05, 2006
i dont see any problem in dat. if they want sex, they know how to go about it. its a choic even though i dont understand dat choice.
Re: Should Married Couple Sleep On Different Beds? by chosenbabe(f): 9:32pm On Aug 05, 2006
It doesnt make any sense, why are they couple since they dont or cant sleep on the same bed.
Re: Should Married Couple Sleep On Different Beds? by Seun(m): 9:51pm On Aug 05, 2006
People sleep better when they sleep alone on a bed, so if a husband and a wife wants to sleep in the same room they need two beds. Married couples should sleep on different beds laid next to each other.

1 Like

Re: Should Married Couple Sleep On Different Beds? by opeemi1(m): 10:05pm On Aug 05, 2006
It's there choice in any case, but normally any married couple sleep together, u might never know the reason for the seperate beds.   shocked
Re: Should Married Couple Sleep On Different Beds? by aykay(m): 10:58pm On Aug 05, 2006
one of the partners might be prone to any of the following: snoring, burping, farting, scratching, kicking, punching or all of the above mentioned, while they r asleep. in that case sleeping in separate beds is a good idea. i wouldnt want to wake up with a black eye , moody, bruised and gasping for fresh air at 4 am in the morning.
Re: Should Married Couple Sleep On Different Beds? by iice(f): 9:11am On Aug 06, 2006
Yea some couples like to sleep on different beds, not 4 me sha.
Re: Should Married Couple Sleep On Different Beds? by Free(f): 3:57pm On Aug 06, 2006
your married so why sleep on separate beds, ??.
dont make sense
but hmmm if he snores like crazy then he needs to sleep elsewhere lol grin grin
Re: Should Married Couple Sleep On Different Beds? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 06, 2006
there is no should or shouldn't here

if either one of them sleeps better on their own, cool
if getting a larger king sized bed solves the problem of space for both of them cool.

as long as the reason behind it is clear and none of them is hiding some other motive.

its not an issue if u dont make it one
else we'll have someone asking whether couples should share the same cup or plate
Re: Should Married Couple Sleep On Different Beds? by jacq(f): 7:06pm On Aug 06, 2006
Why not if that is what they want.
Re: Should Married Couple Sleep On Different Beds? by otokx(m): 9:23am On Aug 07, 2006
its a free country.
Re: Should Married Couple Sleep On Different Beds? by Eurphoria(f): 5:09pm On Aug 09, 2006
[/quote][quote author=aykay link=topic=19807.msg548777#msg548777 date=1154815098]
one of the partners might be prone to any of the following: snoring, burping, farting, scratching, kicking, punching or all of the above mentioned, while they r asleep. in that case sleeping in separate beds is a good idea. i wouldnt want to wake up with a black eye , moody, bruised and gasping for fresh air at 4 am in the morning.

True talk Aykay well said, now that is being sensible

As for me i hope my husband in not prone to any of the above mentioned by my friend here smiley because i would love to wake up every morning with my husband , and the only think i would want poking me is (ehn ehen clears throat) [size=14pt]Stiff one [/size] . Every morning aaahhh bliss smiley
Re: Should Married Couple Sleep On Different Beds? by Busta(f): 5:22pm On Aug 09, 2006
don't think its right tho for married couple to be sleeping separately.
Re: Should Married Couple Sleep On Different Beds? by aykay(m): 8:32pm On Aug 09, 2006
@ eurphoria

lol, every guy wakesup with a clears throat 'stiff one' every morning. grin grin someone told me its due to good blood circulation. i guess he doesnt have the type of dreams i have.lol
Re: Should Married Couple Sleep On Different Beds? by Eurphoria(f): 1:35am On Aug 10, 2006
@Aykay

clears throat heheheehehe! what sort of dreams may yours be good sir? wink leave it for another day lets not go off topic wink
Re: Should Married Couple Sleep On Different Beds? by Izzo(m): 2:26am On Aug 16, 2006
Couples sleeping on diff beds in the same house is really not a thing I like cos since u're both married to each other I don't see why you would do such thing. Except you guys r just roommates.
Re: Should Married Couple Sleep On Different Beds? by Oracle(m): 4:16am On Aug 22, 2006
maybe the couple have a problem thatz why they want to be alone
Re: Should Married Couple Sleep On Different Beds? by ladykool(f): 8:35pm On Sep 23, 2006
no i don't think they should sleep on different bed that is they ave misunderstanding! like one of ma neighbour sometime ago him and his wife ave their separate room just cuz of privacy!! and they ave kids too o! that was really bad, but it is good in someways that is if the husband is a talkative and always quarelling with the wife that will prevent him but i don't think is a good idea if u luv each other.
Re: Should Married Couple Sleep On Different Beds? by Busta(f): 9:41pm On Sep 23, 2006
nope, not just rite!
Re: Should Married Couple Sleep On Different Beds? by aziq(f): 12:07pm On Sep 26, 2006
@euphoria babes im totalli feelin u. kiss
id loooove 2 wake up 2 a stiff one every day wid ma husband it wuld b heavenly. tongue
i hope ma husby wont b a snorer though,cuz dat i cant stand(fortunately there r earplugs)!!
well no seperate beds 4 me,im certainly asking him bout dat b4 we get Hooked.
Re: Should Married Couple Sleep On Different Beds? by waffistyle(m): 8:32pm On Oct 08, 2006
Well it is a personal matter, some people like their privacy, and are used to it, or for some religious, spiritual reasons undecided, , well for me, my privacy is me and my wife, gisting, quarelling, under the sheaths, you feel me wink,
Re: Should Married Couple Sleep On Different Beds? by jimmy74(m): 12:16pm On Oct 10, 2006
You are busy complaining of couples sleeping on different beds in the same room, but I know of couples sleeping in different rooms will you crucify them?
Re: Should Married Couple Sleep On Different Beds? by EmemJU(f): 6:21pm On Oct 10, 2006
Sharing a room helps build the relationship. The wife can have a room mainly for her clothes and stuff.
Sleeping together only when the couple wants to have sex or on special occasions has wrecked lots of marriages.
Re: Should Married Couple Sleep On Different Beds? by EmemJU(f): 6:22pm On Oct 10, 2006
Sharing a room helps build the relationship. The wife can have a room mainly for her clothes and stuff.
Sleeping together only when the couple wants to have sex or on special occasions has wrecked lots of marriages.
Re: Should Married Couple Sleep On Different Beds? by frankiriri(m): 12:36pm On Nov 29, 2006
I subscribe to seperate rooms but the same bed.
She'll have a room for her stuff or we'll have a guest room where I can take off to when a screw goes loose. grin grin grin
Re: Should Married Couple Sleep On Different Beds? by harvey(m): 2:06pm On Nov 29, 2006
How can?we wil share the same room and bed,and thats love.compromise thats love.
Re: Should Married Couple Sleep On Different Beds? by feelgood(m): 4:45pm On Nov 29, 2006
Right on EmemJU, couldn't have said it better.
Re: Should Married Couple Sleep On Different Beds? by tunjikrown(m): 6:04pm On Nov 29, 2006
couple are meant to sleep on the same bed .if otherwise then something must be wrong with their marriage Vow! lipsrsealed
Re: Should Married Couple Sleep On Different Beds? by sammyjl(f): 2:43pm On Dec 01, 2006
:oNo ways. why than are they married?
Re: Should Married Couple Sleep On Different Beds? by ThoniaSlim(f): 8:00pm On Dec 09, 2006
why should they sleep on different beds are they not supposed to be one?
Re: Should Married Couple Sleep On Different Beds? by tEsLim(m): 9:35pm On Jan 02, 2007
A lot of couple argue at nights instead of having that good sleep. I really hate to be disturbed. And when some ppl get married or start to leave with a woman for a year or two u'll understand how offending they could be. They think the bed is where they can discuss all the stuffs they have'nt said in days. Its annoying!!!! angry

Remember when ur tired too, you prolly dont want unnecessary disturbance or sex.
Re: Should Married Couple Sleep On Different Beds? by rezzy: 3:05am On Jan 03, 2007
Couple should sleep on the same bed except if the woman is nursing a new born baby . An uncle of mine sleeps in a differen room cos his wife is dirty,she litters her clothes everywhere in d room. Actually ,they were sleeping in the same room thinking she was going to change but after 2 years she didnt .He had to tell her to move to the next room and that makes her feel bad.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Wife's Weird Request / Who Puts Food On The Table: Does It Matter ? / Help Me Go Back To School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.