Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,596 members, 7,820,140 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Help! I Lost My Menses!!: Amenorrhea (primerhealth.com.ng) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! I Lost My Menses!!: Amenorrhea (primerhealth.com.ng) (689 Views)

I Lost My Baby To A System Failure / 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise / About To Marry But My Menses Has Stopped Flowing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! I Lost My Menses!!: Amenorrhea (primerhealth.com.ng) by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 04, 2014
There may be no better concept to explain feminine health that the menstrual cycle. During the reproductive years, this process involved becomes subconscious for a woman, like drinking water. The cycle, as represented by menstruation becomes a visible reminder to her that the engines are working and that she still belongs. Regardless of the discomfort associated with it, absence becomes worrying, even alarming and she will put prompt and concerted efforts into finding it.

So what should you keep in mind if you are in such a situation?

1. Do not panic
Absence of one or two periods may not point to a serious problem. So allow for some time before hurrying off to your gynecologist. Wait and see if it returns spontaneously. And try to keep calm. Remember that stress interferes with your hormones and could potentially prolong the delay

2. Are you pregnant?
Regardless of what you think, pregnancy is the single most common cause of absent menses. So consider the possibility if you are sexually active. If you delivered a baby, remember that pregnancy and breastfeeding will delay the return of your menses.

3. How old are you?
All good things come to an end. Inevitably, your menses will cease someday. This process of cessation of menstruation (Menopause, look out for our article on it) is complex and does not manifest as an abrupt stop. It is preceded by periods of amenorrhea. This period of absence may be as long as 6 months or more. If you are 40 years and above and experiencing episodes of amenorrhea, then you should begin to consider this possibility.

4. Consider surrounding events
Did you recently lose a pregnancy, whether deliberately or inadvertently? What procedures followed this? Where you sick with fever? Amenorrhea from complications of miscarriage/abortion is usually gradual with periods gradually reducing in length from say 5 days to 1 or 2 days of scanty menses.

5 Other factors to consider will include drugs you may be on and if you are experiencing breastmilk production even when you are not breastfeeding,

Armed with the above information, you can now go see your gynecologist who may still go through the motions of checking out your side of the story (history) but will be very pleased you have made his investigations less burdensome.

Read full story at http://www.primerhealth.com.ng/2014/11/help-i-lost-my-menses-amenorrhea.html

You may also like these articles

ECTOPIC PREGNANCY : THE WORLD'S MOST DANGEROUS BABY IS HERE
http://www.primerhealth.com.ng/2014/10/ectopic-pregnancy-worlds-most-dangerous.html

DISASTERS IN WAITING: VARICOSE VEINS
http://www.primerhealth.com.ng/2014/11/varicose-veins-disasters-in-waiting.html

Have a pleasant week...
Re: Help! I Lost My Menses!!: Amenorrhea (primerhealth.com.ng) by kilokeys(m): 1:56pm On Nov 04, 2014
when i saw ur moniker "iflow".. i was thinking u was a badass rapper

but with this kind of thread. talking at monthly flows... i now understand where your talent lies

1 Like

Re: Help! I Lost My Menses!!: Amenorrhea (primerhealth.com.ng) by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 04, 2014
kilokeys:
when i saw ur moniker "iflow".. i was thinking u was a badass rapper
but with this kind of thread. talking at monthly flows... i now understand where your talent lies

lol
you do not miss a pun
just being "i dont flow" today
Re: Help! I Lost My Menses!!: Amenorrhea (primerhealth.com.ng) by Gigihealth: 12:20am On Jul 15, 2016
Secondary amenorrhea happens when a woman who has experienced menstrual periods but stops menstruating for about 3 months or more consecutive months. Secondary amenorrhea is a type of amenorrhea, and can be quite confusing and scary for a lady. Click on the link below to read more.
http://www.gigihealth.com/secondary-amenorrhea-youve-not-seen-your-period-for-more-than-3-months-and-youre-not-pregnant-read-this/

(1) (Reply)

What Improves Male Sexual Performance? / PRESS RELEASE: Position Of JOHESU On The Nationwide Strike In The Health Sector / Is This Anaemia?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.