Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,613 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

Why Boko Haram Fight And Some Recommendations For Quelling Their Insurgency. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Boko Haram Fight And Some Recommendations For Quelling Their Insurgency. (25731 Views)

Soldiers Step Up Their Game:See Pics Of Some Ammunitions Use In Boko Haram Fight / Nigerian Christian Leaders 'hampered Boko Haram Fight'-BBC / Buhari Arrives Cameroon To Discuss Boko Haram Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Boko Haram Fight And Some Recommendations For Quelling Their Insurgency. by Limibanti(m): 10:33pm On Nov 08, 2014
This is a sad thread to comment on..Nothing can be more painful to a Muslim fellow than see people committing taboos in the name of Allah that one so much cherish..Boko haram is a monster that I can't even get a clear picture of how they make people buy into their ideology..Although our political games made this issue a greater problem because you don't go to war with a divided house..The only way Nigerian Muslims can restore our pride is to pray to Allah to flush out bokoharam..Even at Jumat service, am not always comfortable, they a see an ideal muslim as an enemy and they have killed too many christains too which is highly uncalled for..Shariah law can never be practised in Nigeria, we are a country with mixed religions and diverse culture. Dominance of one belief make others irrelevant..I just pray we get over BH quickly!!

6 Likes

Re: Why Boko Haram Fight And Some Recommendations For Quelling Their Insurgency. by oluwasegun007(m): 11:36pm On Nov 08, 2014
oluwasegun007:
Hit like if u finished reading the article....
Summary pls...
Re: Why Boko Haram Fight And Some Recommendations For Quelling Their Insurgency. by omowolewa: 11:42pm On Nov 08, 2014
Factual
Re: Why Boko Haram Fight And Some Recommendations For Quelling Their Insurgency. by shaqhead: 12:00am On Nov 09, 2014
Akpan107:
*then, what do they believe in?
*What religion do they base there fighting to protect.
What book do they use in defending *what they doing?

Mr Akpan I want to assume u r a christian. Does d "man of God" who brainwashes his member and ends up sleepin wt d female folks in his "church" by skewing a portion of d bible to satiate his perversion resonates wt wat is widely accepted as true christianity? Do ur beliefs as a christians align wt muderous Lord's Resistance Army who claim to b christians n receive instructions from d Holy Spirit on dia bloody heinous campaings. Simply put does Rev. King represent U as a christian? Nw u c d hypcrisy in ur submission. Open ur eyes Mr. its never bn an 'US' against 'THEM' thing but an US against them (BH) divide. Terrorism is an ideological warfare n we bcome pawns in d hands of terrorist by allowin sentimental cleavages overide our patriotic disposition. lets b wise!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Boko Haram Fight And Some Recommendations For Quelling Their Insurgency. by cannonnier(m): 12:05am On Nov 09, 2014
soldierdollar:
Long epistle

Perhaps that's why the mode are scared of takin it to the FP, we have so many lazy people who won't read.

Anyway, did you read it?

1 Like

Re: Why Boko Haram Fight And Some Recommendations For Quelling Their Insurgency. by calaway: 1:26am On Nov 09, 2014
tbaba1234:

You don't get it. It is not about the religion of the forces, both muslim and christian soldiers will be massacred by BH if they get the chance. Unless, you follow their radical beliefs, you are a non muslim. I am a muslim but Shekau would not hestitate to kill me if i show him how his actions are totally wrong.

It is beyond that.

First, we have to realise the seriousness of this, It is beyond any threat Nigeria as a country has faced. It is a serious, serious issue and the religion of our forces is not what is going to stop it.

It is not about politics, It is an ideological movement that has found its ways to our shores. The most land they capture, the more people they can recruit.

your reasoning and take is pristine. But Chronological misplaced as it is informatively.
your opine is Coming at the wrong time because there has been a steady stream of innocent blood (igbo blood since 1966 until recently youth corpers on National assignment) in northern Nigeria, It was as serious then as it is now (human life does not diminish in value under any circumstance) this said there is really no urgency to action on the part of government (more-so as soldiers and politicians of a particular stock actively support the massacre ) If you truly and sincerely wish a stop to the continuing disregard for human life in the northern part of the Nigeria, then you must put a square peg in a square hole and call a spade a spade without ambiguity.

Your information is not accurate. Being truthful to yourself is a necessary foundation in understanding or tackling the situation. First of all these events have everything to do with RELIGION.

1. There has never been any mass violent act against the innocent in that part of the country that is not in one way or a.. tied to religion

2. The name Jama'atu Ahlis Sunna Lidda'Awati Wal-Jihad (People Committed to the Prophet's Teachings for Propagation and Jihad) aka bokoharam
is purely not circular.

3.The BH group have the support of a large segment of their society, dare i say that region is easily given to loose reason to the embrace of religious obligations however interpreted.(BH do not maintain a barracks,they recess in the comfort of family homes and can easily be stoped if needed) the group is funded and equipped by politician's as in the case of Ndume and Zanna both serving senators.
Politics cannot be remove from the wave of violence we are experiencing as a society (as a case study Kaduna state under Patrick yakowa was made ungovernable by BH with weekly bombings and attacks but after Patrick's untimely death(RIP) Mohammed Yero has taken the reign of power and Kaduna has since returned to peaceful normalcy) you see a group of people are given to react in a certain way by virtue of their values and belief system. Change this indices or isolate them and you have Utopia.

4.They only come where they are wlcomed, therefor there is no threat for you.(If they come to your town you will know to look for them in the areas where their profile fits and you can be sure their host will give them up rather than jeopardize his accomodation. unless your kith and kin chooses to collude with strangers to disstabilize his own home) BH may surreptitiously detonate bombs but cannot take over territory outside their domain.

7 Likes

Re: Why Boko Haram Fight And Some Recommendations For Quelling Their Insurgency. by lexdino: 6:51am On Nov 09, 2014
GEJ: all these peasants discussing BH are just jobless, when i had no shoes i didnt waste time discussing government matters. BH sef, dem nor get human pity. Bombing everywhere like it's their father's house. Even if BH bombs the whole of north, I will still win the forthcoming election. Common $20 billion dollars missing and it's as if I commited a crime. Is stealing corruption? Ordinary 200 girls missing and you people wont allow me rest? Girls that I dont even know their faces. Well, what can they do to me if I fail to bring back their girls? Nothing. Empty vessels making the loudest noise. Later, Nigerians will say i'm clueless when you people are the ones that are actually clueless. Nigerians giving me headache since 2009BC.
Re: Why Boko Haram Fight And Some Recommendations For Quelling Their Insurgency. by fx45(m): 7:36am On Nov 09, 2014
hansad:
But if BH succedes in its fight and Nigeria becomes a country governed under Islamic Sharia laws , which is actually what BH has been fighting for, most Nigerian Muslims shall wellcome that.
Which Nigeria are U talking about? That nonsense can only happen after Biafra must have secceeded again. The way I see things as they are now, BokoHaram will ultimately result in the balkanisation of the false entity called Nigeria. Its inevitable. It is becoming glaring now that BH is an Islamic ideological movement aimed at destroying and flushing out christianity and infidels. We must not allow them extend to The Land of The Rising Sun

1 Like

Re: Why Boko Haram Fight And Some Recommendations For Quelling Their Insurgency. by limamintruth: 8:36am On Nov 09, 2014
Nice write up sha undecided
However, no matter how one looks at the whole BH issue, the truth is this, northern muslims & their elites can never absolve themselves from blame cos they caused all these and voluntarily gave this islamists a good breeding ground.
Firstly, they deliberately made their borders porous all because they want to triple the region's population for political benefit & dominance. Note that majority of these terrorists were actually of foreign descent e.g the likes of maitatsine & even muhd yusuf. Their grandparents migrated into nig. thru illegal means made easy by religiously-minded northerners at d helm of nigeria's immigration service at d time.
Secondly, the northern muslim oligarchs have since time immemorial, used religion to control the masses. These has succeeded in turning the average northern muslim into a highly sentimental n intolerant being when it comes to religion. And these provided foreign islamists with d right foundation to spread in the north & radicalise more muslims. Most of these oligarchs (e.g the likes of Modu Sheriff) used such radicalised individuals as political touts to gain political control of their territory.
At present, a typical northern muslim has little or no respect for non-muslims. Thus, both children & adults boldy n publicly/openly refer to non-muslims around them as 'arne' & 'kafir'(name tag for non-muslims meaning pagans & infidels). I often wonder how muslims will feel if others openly refer to them as pagans & infidels also. These words are very derogatory & reeks of sheer disrespect n intolerance of other people's beliefs. Northern muslims must learn to tolerate & respect people of different faith frm theirs and also teach their kids n wards respect for both muslims n non-muslims alike.

Thirdly, the introduction of sharia in some northern states (by self-centred northern politicians) further encouraged the formation of strong radical islamic groups who have absolutely no regard for nigeria's secular constitution whatsoever and fiercely seek for the full dominance of d sharia over nigeria's secular laws.
Now, the average northern muslim will prefer d full implementation of sharia in nig., just like BH. Also, the average northern will prefer the worst muslim over the best non-muslim as nigeria's political head; just like bokoharam. Thus, a typical northern muslim has similar religious mindset as BH islamists.

There4 in conclusion, i strongly believe that northern muslim elites(including their revered clerics) collectively have a major role to play in curbing this BH problem bedevilling the northern region at d moment.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Boko Haram Fight And Some Recommendations For Quelling Their Insurgency. by amunites19(m): 8:47am On Nov 09, 2014
Like something is missing somewhere in this fight with BH, like where are the weapons some people went to buy in SA? What is delaying the weapons approved to buy with $1b to fight BH?........
Re: Why Boko Haram Fight And Some Recommendations For Quelling Their Insurgency. by limamintruth: 8:50am On Nov 09, 2014
hansad:
But if BH succedes in its fight and Nigeria becomes a country governed under Islamic Sharia laws , which is actually what BH has been fighting for, most Nigerian Muslims shall wellcome that.

lol grin abi ooo
Na dat tym breeze go blow foul ya.n..sh naaa.
While some muslims use subtle means to introduce & implement sharia in nig., the BH use more violent means to achieve same.
But both have same goal. As such, whichever side achieves d set goal in time will surely be celebrated by all.

2 Likes

Re: Why Boko Haram Fight And Some Recommendations For Quelling Their Insurgency. by 1miccza: 9:43am On Nov 09, 2014
Please let people of thought who value the strenght of information post this on their timelines on fb and their wall on other social platforms for people to be informed. Those on this platform that can reach out to this crazy politicians be they PDP,APC or any other crazy party that we have should please make them to understand that we need to stop this blame games in the name of power tussle and fight this scourge as one,we should support the government as a unit I'll post this on my wall right away......
Re: Why Boko Haram Fight And Some Recommendations For Quelling Their Insurgency. by robinsoncrosoe: 11:58am On Nov 09, 2014
tbaba1234:

This has nothing to do with 'Northern Politicians'.

The government has been largely ineffective and have failed in the times when we needed strong leadership. That is a fact.
you were sounding neutral before bt wit this post you are beginin to sound biased.what do u want the govt to do.wen govt put their full might on bh,ur northern elders said it was commitin genocide.now dey have left u guys to deal wit the problem and u are sayin govt is weak.no matter hw u northerners want to use bh to discredit gej govt,it won't work

1 Like

Re: Why Boko Haram Fight And Some Recommendations For Quelling Their Insurgency. by tbaba1234: 12:23pm On Nov 09, 2014
robinsoncrosoe:
you were sounding neutral before bt wit this post you are beginin to sound biased.what do u want the govt to do.wen govt put their full might on bh,ur northern elders said it was commitin genocide.now dey have left u guys to deal wit the problem and u are sayin govt is weak.no matter hw u northerners want to use bh to discredit gej govt,it won't work

I am neutral. The government number one duty is to protect its citizens. This can be done as efficiently as possible without abusing people. There is no doubt in my mind that government has failed here.

Boko Haram is not about party politics or trying to 'discredit' anyone. It is a serious threat and unless we move off that mindset, the problem continues.

1 Like

Re: Why Boko Haram Fight And Some Recommendations For Quelling Their Insurgency. by Orina(m): 12:47pm On Nov 09, 2014
Limibanti:
This is a sad thread to comment on..Nothing can be more painful to a Muslim fellow than see people committing taboos in the name of Allah that one so much cherish..Boko haram is a monster that I can't even get a clear picture of how they make people buy into their ideology..Although our political games made this issue a greater problem because you don't go to war with a divided house..The only way Nigerian Muslims can restore our pride is to pray to Allah to flush out bokoharam..Even at Jumat service, am not always comfortable, they a see an ideal muslim as an enemy and they have killed too many christains too which is highly uncalled for..Shariah law can never be practised in Nigeria, we are a country with mixed religions and diverse culture. Dominance of one belief make others irrelevant..I just pray we get over BH quickly!!

^^
real muslim
Re: Why Boko Haram Fight And Some Recommendations For Quelling Their Insurgency. by koikoi2(m): 1:09pm On Nov 09, 2014
Hmmmmm, what a tread? Am full and at d same time short of words.
Re: Why Boko Haram Fight And Some Recommendations For Quelling Their Insurgency. by koikoi2(m): 1:11pm On Nov 09, 2014
Hmmmmm, what a tread? Am full and at d same time short of words.
Re: Why Boko Haram Fight And Some Recommendations For Quelling Their Insurgency. by Code213: 1:27pm On Nov 09, 2014
Akpan107:
Sorry, i'm not very good at name calling... I must not believe in everything you say here and i must not force you believe me too. We should all debate contructively.
Let me still repeat what i said earlier.
''The Northern Politician should keep watching while there region is being destroyed''
at the end of the day, we would see who will lose.
Sometimes you think you can disqualify GEJ with bombs, never!
He's already on the seat and must continue till 2019 then, handover to whoever he likes. So live with that fact.
Must everything be about GEJ? Have u tried looking @ stuffs 4rm varying angles? My friend, Do not limit the use of ur brain!!

1 Like

Re: Why Boko Haram Fight And Some Recommendations For Quelling Their Insurgency. by Godiloveu(f): 5:13pm On Nov 09, 2014
tbaba1234:

It is everyone's problem because after Boko Haram finish decimating the north, they are coming to the south.

pls stop typing!!!!

u think d south will sugar coat it n live it to hands of government? kai!
no think am this practically d problem of d north n d govt of d day, dey get fullllllll answers to dis problem.

Jonathan knows those to bring forward, n those he brings will bring odas.

the north should make a stand n answers will cone fort but for now. the movie title is BOKO HARAM OVERTAKEN.
Re: Why Boko Haram Fight And Some Recommendations For Quelling Their Insurgency. by ultraGM: 6:26pm On Nov 09, 2014
Akpan107:
Ok..! It has nothing to do with Northern Politician? They should keep watching while their region is being distroyed.
It cant stop GEJ from contesting and winning this 2015 Election. Keep bleming... If need be, you will blem him from now to 2019.

One of the #WorstComments so far
Re: Why Boko Haram Fight And Some Recommendations For Quelling Their Insurgency. by ultraGM: 6:34pm On Nov 09, 2014
hansad:

You did not take time to read all
The Idea is yo create an Islamic Nation govern by sharia law, at an angle of uninterpreted Quranic Doctrine.
The question as to whether they will proceed to take the rest of the country is the question of today, But how to stop them
Re: Why Boko Haram Fight And Some Recommendations For Quelling Their Insurgency. by ultraGM: 6:45pm On Nov 09, 2014
robinsoncrosoe:

If do not have chance to attack your enemy, what about defending yourself?
The NA were unable ti secure permanent victory over BH, what about been in defensive position to prevent advancing of boko BH.
Defending and protection the remaining territory is what the government as faill to do.
Cant fight and win
Cant defend and protect

Which will FG do? Join them?
Re: Why Boko Haram Fight And Some Recommendations For Quelling Their Insurgency. by chiefokonkwo(m): 8:32pm On Nov 09, 2014
Let the govts bombs all their yansh finis, nonsense.
Re: Why Boko Haram Fight And Some Recommendations For Quelling Their Insurgency. by Smooyis(m): 9:04pm On Nov 09, 2014
Only God can save us from this quagmire. And the only prophet of God that can be used at this time to lead us out of this crisis is Prophet T B Joshua whom many are persecuting. However, the rejected stone will one day become the cap stone!
Re: Why Boko Haram Fight And Some Recommendations For Quelling Their Insurgency. by IbnuUche(m): 7:44am On Nov 10, 2014
tbaba1234:

You don't get it. It is not about the religion of the forces, both muslim and christian soldiers will be massacred by BH if they get the chance. Unless, you follow their radical beliefs, you are a non muslim. I am a muslim but Shekau would not hestitate to kill me if i show him how his actions are totally wrong.

It is beyond that.

First, we have to realise the seriousness of this, It is beyond any threat Nigeria as a country has faced. It is a serious, serious issue and the religion of our forces is not what is going to stop it.

It is not about politics, It is an ideological movement that has found its ways to our shores. The most land they capture, the more people they can recruit.
really you got it. well said & analyzed, left for FGN to stratagise effort to bring end to this insurgence or those bloodthirsty foes will keep on carrying out their devilish mission.
worst part of it is that government don'nt even border on insecurity of nation but more concerned in their re election into office in 2015, clueless type of governace since 1999!!!
Re: Why Boko Haram Fight And Some Recommendations For Quelling Their Insurgency. by Objektive: 10:48am On Nov 10, 2014
ONLY TO LABEL BOKO HARAM AS A TERRORIST ORGANISATION SOME PROMINENT NORTHERNERS WERE FIGHTING TOOTH AND NAIL AGAINST IT. NOW THE SAME PEOPLE ARE CALLING THE FG NAMES. THATS ALL YOU CAN DO: CALL NAMES. YERO HAS TAKEN OVER KADUNA AND THERE IS NO MORE BOMBING ALLAH AKBAR!!!!!!!

IbnuUche:
really you got it. well said & analyzed, left for FGN to stratagise effort to bring end to this insurgence or those bloodthirsty foes will keep on carrying out their devilish mission.
worst part of it is that government don'nt even border on insecurity of nation but more concerned in their re election into office in 2015, clueless type of governace since 1999!!!
Re: Why Boko Haram Fight And Some Recommendations For Quelling Their Insurgency. by IbnuUche(m): 11:10am On Nov 10, 2014
soldierdollar:
Long epistle
that sound reasonable for the wise one.
Re: Why Boko Haram Fight And Some Recommendations For Quelling Their Insurgency. by IbnuUche(m): 12:06pm On Nov 10, 2014
major466:
I don't trust this Salkida guy. He sound more like a Boko Haram information agent, briefing people about activities of the Demons in human form - Boko Haram.
BTW, there's no excuse whatsoever for a Group to kill thousands of innocent people for a stupid cause, a religious one at that. None!! Boko haram are murderers and they all deserve to be Shot on the head.
good!!! hope FGN noted your suggestion as above, to send NA troops to recapture the territories that are controlled by boko haramites on basis of no going back, no surrender. forward ever backward never,
And labour & patrotic to thier fatherland shall never be in vain . GOD bless Nigeria. ameen
Re: Why Boko Haram Fight And Some Recommendations For Quelling Their Insurgency. by Mbeki: 12:44pm On Nov 10, 2014
This guys are taking over, we better get serious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuE6qNkSkc4
Re: Why Boko Haram Fight And Some Recommendations For Quelling Their Insurgency. by IbnuUche(m): 1:26pm On Nov 10, 2014
calaway:

you dont understand what has been happening. when soldier come they hide their guns and reintegrate into the larger society of fellow muslim northerners who will not give them away it is the christians or those who oppose the modus who flee. soldiers cannot tell who is Boko and who is not. But if they come to the south even their northern brothers will discourage them cos they will be singled out for profiling and thus exposed rather easily. Remember that in the early days Borno elders said boko haram are their children and so GEJ must not use excessive force on them. Even youths on their streets who are not members think it is cool to affiliate to them. see pic below
my friend park well. dont just talk what you doesnt know. bokites hide no where, these terrors that kills anybody that is against their ideology irrespective of whomever you are.
in several occassion these terrors resisted NA & even repel them to neighboring countries ie niger,chad & camerounian rep. be updated & admit that FGN has done lesser effort to curtail this insurgence. period.
Re: Why Boko Haram Fight And Some Recommendations For Quelling Their Insurgency. by IbnuUche(m): 1:32pm On Nov 10, 2014
Code213:

You should be quarantined before u infect people with ur stuuupidity!!
real talk.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ondo Begins Bitumen Exploration With 10,000 Barrels Per Day / Uju Kennedy Threatens To Jail UNICAL Student Over Sexual Harassment Allegations / RRS: A Model For State Police In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.