Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,163 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

Baby Dedication Almost Ruined Because Mother Wear Ear Ring And Attachment - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Baby Dedication Almost Ruined Because Mother Wear Ear Ring And Attachment (3249 Views)

Christian women wearing trouser, ear ring, ornament etc is a big satanic trap / How A Mammi Water Almost Ruined A UNILAG Student / The Dedication Of Catholic Church, Nkpor Anambra (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baby Dedication Almost Ruined Because Mother Wear Ear Ring And Attachment by dein77(m): 3:44pm On Nov 04, 2014
Coincidentally I just did my daughter's dedication last Sunday. Everything went well.
This post isn't actually about my baby's.

A couple of days ago, an office colleague of mine narrated how a baby dedication in her church.was almost ruined because the baby's mother had ear rings and attachment on her.

This incident happened in one of MFM branches in PH. The mother had to practically remove both her ear rings and turbaned her hair like Tambuwal or Sanusi before she was allowed into the church to dedicate her baby. To make matters worse, the mother wore the ear rings and unturbaned herself almost immediately after the dedication.

My colleague herself was so angry and embarrassed at the development. I was also angry.

I advocate decent and modest dressing, but refusing to dedicate a baby because it's mother wore ear ring was a bit too harsh.

Our churches are practically making it more cumbersome to serve God. The doctrines of churches are increasingly becoming more burdensome and grievous than the words of Christ. Serving God shouldn't make us appear gloomy and sad, and make us look like we're doing God a favour by serving Him.

It was similar burdensome doctrines like these that made me stop attending the Deeper Life Bible Church. Let's not create stumbling blocks for our brethren.

Let's exalt the words of Christ more than the mere doctrines of men....

Churches should quit making it unnecessarily difficult for men to access Christ.

3 Likes

Re: Baby Dedication Almost Ruined Because Mother Wear Ear Ring And Attachment by bigtt76(f): 4:50pm On Nov 04, 2014
Last I remember ...there's freedom of worship, if the place nor tight you for just take off naa (I'm not a member oooo) grin

2 Likes

Re: Baby Dedication Almost Ruined Because Mother Wear Ear Ring And Attachment by ProfessorPeter(m): 8:09pm On Nov 04, 2014
They know say their church no dey allow nor wear ear ring and attachment, why dem come wear am?

2 Likes

Re: Baby Dedication Almost Ruined Because Mother Wear Ear Ring And Attachment by Saraha1(f): 8:21pm On Nov 04, 2014
Where there is no law ,there is no sin.
She knew the rule and regulation binding MFM ,so why on earth will she then go against the doctrine?

There are several churches that permit you to wear whatever you so please, so she should have gone to such church and stop creating scene where there is non.

Please don't take it personal, I just have to say my mind.

2 Likes

Re: Baby Dedication Almost Ruined Because Mother Wear Ear Ring And Attachment by dein77(m): 8:27pm On Nov 04, 2014
Saraha1:
Where there is no law ,there is no sin.
She knew the rule and regulation binding MFM ,so why on earth will she then go against the doctrine?

There are several churches that permit you to wear whatever you so please, so she should have gone to such church and stop creating scene where there is non.

Please don't take it personal, I just have to say my mind.

Dear, I can't take it personal. This thread was created to have your inputs. It will be worthless without your thoughts and comments.

I think I go with your thoughts. But it's my opinion the pastor was a bit too harsh.
Re: Baby Dedication Almost Ruined Because Mother Wear Ear Ring And Attachment by Saraha1(f): 9:02pm On Nov 04, 2014
dein77:

Dear, I can't take it personal. This thread was created to have your inputs. It will be worthless without your thoughts and comments.

I think I go with your thoughts. But it's my opinion the pastor was a bit too harsh.
Do I hear you say harsh? If the pastor was harsh am sure the woman would not even be permitted to dedicate her child. So I will say the pastor was mild.
Most importantly, I think the pastor use the said woman as an example for others to learn.

Am a member of MFM and as such, on my wedding day I need no prophet to tell me not to put make up (mary care ,etc) just because is a special day , if I want to do my wedding in the church.
Re: Baby Dedication Almost Ruined Because Mother Wear Ear Ring And Attachment by dein77(m): 9:11pm On Nov 04, 2014
Saraha1:

Do I hear you say harsh? If the pastor was harsh am sure the woman would not even be permitted to dedicate her child. So I will say the pastor was mild.
Most importantly, I think the pastor use the said woman as an example for others to learn.

Am a member of MFM and as such, on my wedding day I need no prophet to tell me not to put make up (mary care ,etc) just because is a special day , if I want to do my wedding in the church.

Since its the doctrine of the church, well she should have known better. I'm happy to.meet you here.

Though we worship with the RCCG, my wife and I still occasionally attend MFM programs, especially Power Must Change Hands. We have been blessed by your programs.
Re: Baby Dedication Almost Ruined Because Mother Wear Ear Ring And Attachment by vooks: 6:54am On Nov 05, 2014
You may want to determine if your friends knew about the earrings and scarf rules. If they did,they have nobody to blame. If they didn't, you want to know how they can belong to a fellowship and they don't understand its MO.

I have come to a conclusion that ANY group of people given enough time will develop habits,routines. Humans like other animals are averse to spontaneity and uncertainty so they create habits to have some certainty. You wake up at specific times, shower, eat....

A man called to God develops a routine, style and preferences. That's why some followed Paul, others Cephas. He starts holding meetings on specific ways,buys certain instruments,plays certain music,has a certain seating arrangement, preaches at certain hours for specific duration, and all his meetings follow patterns. This is how traditions develop in churches; out of routine. The verse below may have pointed to this. I would hate to bash a fellowship for their routine, but sometimes this can easily grow into dogmatism and rigidity. It's up to an individual to determine if this is too much for them. Christian leaders need to avoid confusing traditions for God's Word

2 Thes 3:6(ESV)
6 Now we command you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you keep away from any brother who is walking in idleness and not in accord with the tradition that you received from us.
Re: Baby Dedication Almost Ruined Because Mother Wear Ear Ring And Attachment by dein77(m): 8:30am On Nov 05, 2014
vooks:
You may want to determine if your friends knew about the earrings and scarf rules. If they did,they have nobody to blame. If they didn't, you want to know how they can belong to a fellowship and they don't understand its MO.

I have come to a conclusion that ANY group of people given enough time will develop habits,routines. Humans like other animals are averse to spontaneity and uncertainty so they create habits to have some certainty. You wake up at specific times, shower, eat....

A man called to God develops a routine, style and preferences. That's why some followed Paul, others Cephas. He starts holding meetings on specific ways,buys certain instruments,plays certain music,has a certain seating arrangement, preaches at certain hours for specific duration, and all his meetings follow patterns. This is how traditions develop in churches; out of routine. The verse below may have pointed to this. I would hate to bash a fellowship for their routine, but sometimes this can easily grow into dogmatism and rigidity. It's up to an individual to determine if this is too much for them. Christian leaders need to avoid confusing traditions for God's Word

2 Thes 3:6(ESV)
6 Now we command you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you keep away from any brother who is walking in idleness and not in accord with the tradition that you received from us.

Thanks for your input. You were right: I believe the woman in question should have known it's routines and traditions.

As per some doctrines becoming too rigid and burdensome, I'm with you. As a matter of fact, that was why I left the DLBC. It was all too mechanical and physical for me.

Once again, thanks for tour input.
Re: Baby Dedication Almost Ruined Because Mother Wear Ear Ring And Attachment by IWillSucceed: 9:25am On Nov 05, 2014
OP,Did they force you to be a member of that church? If you don't like it rigid why don't you go to the hundreds of thousands of liberal churches existing.Aren't you aware that rigid churches existing now are just too few and it will be too boring and pervert to have all churches liberal and loose.Must every church be liberal? if its liberal people will complain they're wayward, and if its rigid people still complain they're too harsh.Na wah ooo!!
Re: Baby Dedication Almost Ruined Because Mother Wear Ear Ring And Attachment by dein77(m): 9:59am On Nov 05, 2014
IWillSucceed:
OP,Did they force you to be a member of that church? If you don't like it rigid why don't you go to the hundreds of thousands of liberal churches existing.Aren't you aware that rigid churches existing now are just too few and it will be too boring and pervert to have all churches liberal and loose.Must every church be liberal? if its liberal people will complain they're wayward, and if its rigid people still complain they're too harsh.Na wah ooo!!

Please, read the post again, and then reply appropriately. Thanks.
Re: Baby Dedication Almost Ruined Because Mother Wear Ear Ring And Attachment by vodacom: 2:53pm On Nov 05, 2014
That's their standard. She/he would have done it in another church or better still @ home to save the embarrasement. I remember in the year 2005 when I was part of grooms men in a wedding that took place in MFM delta,all the flowers girls were asked to clear up their make up and loose their weavon before entering the church . Initially I was angry and though to myself "we are invited guest why this", it was latter I got to understand that it was their rules there. But some MFM members do apply make up and wear attachment too and I have seen many both on tv and real world so what is MFM saying concerning them?
Re: Baby Dedication Almost Ruined Because Mother Wear Ear Ring And Attachment by dein77(m): 3:31pm On Nov 05, 2014
vodacom:
That's their standard. She/he would have done it in another church or better still @ home to save the embarrasement. I remember in the year 2005 when I was part of grooms men in a wedding that took place in MFM delta,all the flowers girls were asked to clear up their make up and loose their weavon before entering the church . Initially I was angry and though to myself "we are invited guest why this", it was latter I got to understand that it was their rules there. But some MFM members do apply make up and wear attachment too and I have seen many both on tv and real world so what is MFM saying concerning them?

I have no qualms with churches setting their own standards. Of course, you were right; the woman should have known the norms and standards of the MFM.

My grouse is, many churches have used their standards to chase away converts Christ would have saved. Christianity should not be burdensome. Jesus told us His yoke is easy and His burden is light.
Re: Baby Dedication Almost Ruined Because Mother Wear Ear Ring And Attachment by vooks: 3:40pm On Nov 05, 2014
But you agree that sometimes Christians can get petty? They will move for the flimsiest excuse; pastor's English is not refined, poor sound, uneducated congregation...
dein77:

I have no qualms with churches setting their own standards. Of course, you were right; the woman should have known the norms and standards of the MFM.

My grouse is, many churches have used their standards to chase away converts Christ would have saved. Christianity should not be burdensome. Jesus told us His yoke is easy and His burden is light.
Re: Baby Dedication Almost Ruined Because Mother Wear Ear Ring And Attachment by dein77(m): 3:50pm On Nov 05, 2014
vooks:

But you agree that sometimes Christians can get petty? They will move for the flimsiest excuse; pastor's English is not refined, poor sound, uneducated congregation...

I agree. Except for very fundamental issues of doctrines, leaving a church due to the matters you listed in ur posts, is really petty.
Re: Baby Dedication Almost Ruined Because Mother Wear Ear Ring And Attachment by vooks: 3:57pm On Nov 05, 2014
You mentioned potential converts being chased away due to high standards. I'd rank that last as a reason for leaving fellowship. See if a fellowship packaged itself attractive for the world, it most likely will compromise.This is why you hear of a carnal church. It is a tight rope my brother I can assure you. Too friendly and they become like them, too Puritan and nobody can hear them due to the height of the pedestal they perched themselves on
dein77:

I agree. Except for very fundamental issues of doctrines, leaving a church due to the matters you listed in ur posts, is really petty.
Re: Baby Dedication Almost Ruined Because Mother Wear Ear Ring And Attachment by dein77(m): 4:12pm On Nov 05, 2014
vooks:
You mentioned potential converts being chased away due to high standards. I'd rank that last as a reason for leaving fellowship. See if a fellowship packaged itself attractive for the world, it most likely will compromise.This is why you hear of a carnal church. It is a tight rope my brother I can assure you. Too friendly and they become like them, too Puritan and nobody can hear them due to the height of the pedestal they perched themselves on

Summary is, there are many churches out there. Everyone should attend the one that suits their values and standards. I currently worship with the RCCG. ..
Re: Baby Dedication Almost Ruined Because Mother Wear Ear Ring And Attachment by vooks: 5:12pm On Nov 05, 2014
Do you ever dream of pastoring one?
I once heard TB Jakes quip that the things that offend you most and quickly could point to your assignment. Just saying sir wink
dein77:

Summary is, there are many churches out there. Everyone should attend the one that suits their values and standards. I currently worship with the RCCG. ..
Re: Baby Dedication Almost Ruined Because Mother Wear Ear Ring And Attachment by rutibaby(f): 5:45pm On Nov 05, 2014
Every church has a doctrine. If u can't cope wit the doctrine there is no need of making a mountain out of a mole hill.
I'm a proud member of DEEPER LIFE BIBLE CHURCH. I was born and brought up in this church and at my age(early twenties) I still go there without compulsion. I'm ok wit the doctrine and I comply. Pls, we have freedom of worship but make sure u worship God in Spirit and Truth. Ur sole aim should be making heaven at last. THANKS.

2 Likes

Re: Baby Dedication Almost Ruined Because Mother Wear Ear Ring And Attachment by dein77(m): 6:19pm On Nov 05, 2014
vooks:

Do you ever dream of pastoring one?
I once heard TB Jakes quip that the things that offend you most and quickly could point to your assignment. Just saying sir wink

Believe me, I do not intend to be a pastor. However if it's God's will, I have no option. But on my own, I won't go headlong into a daunting assignment as that.

Lemme leave the other part of ur comment.
Re: Baby Dedication Almost Ruined Because Mother Wear Ear Ring And Attachment by dein77(m): 6:26pm On Nov 05, 2014
rutibaby:
Every church has a doctrine. If u can't cope wit the doctrine there is no need of making a mountain out of a mole hill.
I'm a proud member of DEEPER LIFE BIBLE CHURCH. I was born and brought up in this church and at my age(early twenties) I still go there without compulsion. I'm ok wit the doctrine and I comply. Pls, we have freedom of worship but make sure u worship God in Spirit and Truth. Ur sole aim should be making heaven at last. THANKS.

Dear sister, I'm really happy for you and your convictions about Heaven; that' the ultimate call.

The DLBC has a special place in my heart, but I had to prayerfully leave when it was the time. I thank God I'm still in the faith TODAY.

It's a place where you are fed undiluted word of God. A place where Heaven is the emphasis. But i had to leave as I wasn't enjoying the pattern of worship again. This is my sole personal experience. I still have friends there.

Till date, I still attend our retreat programs.

I now worship in the RCCG. But we do all serve one and the same God.

Jesus only is our message!
Re: Baby Dedication Almost Ruined Because Mother Wear Ear Ring And Attachment by Saraha1(f): 9:27pm On Nov 05, 2014
dein77:

Since its the doctrine of the church, well she should have known better. I'm happy to.meet you here.

Though we worship with the RCCG, my wife and I still occasionally attend MFM programs, especially Power Must Change Hands. We have been blessed by your programs.
Is my pleasure sir.
Thanks.
Re: Baby Dedication Almost Ruined Because Mother Wear Ear Ring And Attachment by dein77(m): 9:32pm On Nov 05, 2014
Saraha1:

Is my pleasure sir.
Thanks.

You're welcome. Hope your day wasn't particularly stressful?
Re: Baby Dedication Almost Ruined Because Mother Wear Ear Ring And Attachment by Saraha1(f): 9:42pm On Nov 05, 2014
dein77:

You're welcome. Hope your day wasn't particularly stressful?
Not at all sir .
Re: Baby Dedication Almost Ruined Because Mother Wear Ear Ring And Attachment by dein77(m): 9:44pm On Nov 05, 2014
Saraha1:

Not at all sir .

That's good. It's being a tough time for me.....I recently lost a close cousin.
Re: Baby Dedication Almost Ruined Because Mother Wear Ear Ring And Attachment by Saraha1(f): 9:49pm On Nov 05, 2014
dein77:

That's good. It's being a tough time for me.....I recently lost a close cousin.
May his perfect soul rest in peace in Jesus name.

Sorry about the lost.
Re: Baby Dedication Almost Ruined Because Mother Wear Ear Ring And Attachment by dein77(m): 9:51pm On Nov 05, 2014
Saraha1:

May his perfect soul rest in peace in Jesus name.

Sorry about the lost.

Amen. Haven't experienced such levels of pains before now. It's untold.

(1) (Reply)

Discovering Purpose And Maximizing Potential / NL Atheists, On What Basis Do You Define Right And Wrong? / Closed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.