Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

Kabbalah Anyone? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kabbalah Anyone? (2410 Views)

Kabbalah Invocation And Rituals / Jewish Kabbalah / Meta-physics/ Kabbalah/ Egregores/geometry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kabbalah Anyone? by alcuin(m): 6:02pm On Nov 04, 2014
Please, I am interested in learining the mystical philosophy of the Jews called the Kabbalah. Please, can anyone help out

Thanks.
Re: Kabbalah Anyone? by Ajibam: 6:30pm On Nov 04, 2014
Re: Kabbalah Anyone? by alcuin(m): 7:08pm On Nov 04, 2014
Ajibam:
http://kabbalah.com/what-kabbalah

Sorry buy I don't mean a website. I meant a teacher that has actually walked this path and is accessible in the country.
Re: Kabbalah Anyone? by Ajibam: 7:22pm On Nov 04, 2014
alcuin:

Sorry buy I don't mean a website. I meant a teacher that has actually walked this path and is accessible in the country.
Okay
Re: Kabbalah Anyone? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 04, 2014
alcuin:
Please, I am interested in learining the mystical philosophy of the Jews called the Kabbalah. Please, can anyone help out

Thanks.

How old are you ?
Are you married with children ?
Re: Kabbalah Anyone? by alcuin(m): 9:32am On Nov 05, 2014
Sarassin:

How old are you ?
Are you married with children ?

I'm not married.

I'm not up to 40 years old.

I hope these old traditional Jewish rules doesn't stop me.

Thanks.
Re: Kabbalah Anyone? by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 05, 2014
alcuin:

I'm not married.

I'm not up to 40 years old.

I hope these old traditional Jewish rules doesn't stop me.

Thanks.

I think you know already that at less than 40 years old, you are considered not matured enough to study Kabbalah, and if you have not been blessed by God with a wife and children you are not considered stable enough. That is unless you wish to study the popular version of Qabbalah common to celebrities like Maddona e.t.c, which frankly is a waste of time.

My last question, and the most importan one, why do you wish to study Kabbalah?
Re: Kabbalah Anyone? by alcuin(m): 12:12pm On Nov 05, 2014
Sarassin:

I think you know already that at less than 40 years old, you are considered not matured enough to study Kabbalah, and if you have not been blessed by God with a wife and children you are not considered stable enough. That is unless you wish to study the popular version of Qabbalah common to celebrities like Maddona e.t.c, which frankly is a waste of time.

My last question, and the most importan one, why do you wish to study Kabbalah?

Simple, to acquire the wisdom of the world and the power to effect practical changes in my life. In otherwords, to achieve mastery of the natural and divine laws.

Thanks.
Re: Kabbalah Anyone? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Nov 05, 2014
alcuin:

Simple, to acquire the wisdom of the world and the power to effect practical changes in my life. In otherwords, to achieve mastery of the natural and divine laws.

Thanks.

A much higher purpose is required to study Kabbalah. The first and last books of the Christian bible makes it clear that Kabbalah is given to effect the reconciliation of Man to his greater God and the betterment of the world. In this regard you would not have cleared the first hurdle, the good news is, there are other disciplines that will give you what you seek.

1 Like

Re: Kabbalah Anyone? by alcuin(m): 6:28am On Nov 06, 2014
Sarassin:

A much higher purpose is required to study Kabbalah. The first and last books of the Christian bible makes it clear that Kabbalah is given to effect the reconciliation of Man to his greater God and the betterment of the world. In this regard you would not have cleared the first hurdle, the good news is, there are other disciplines that will give you what you seek.

So...how does one effect this reconciliation without wisdom and mastery?

What other disciplines are you referring to?

Thanks.
Re: Kabbalah Anyone? by smartn09(m): 9:16am On Nov 06, 2014
@alcuin, In the valley of death, every route is solitary treking and bound to grave mistake if knowledge is lacked. How long have you been in this valley? How many demons are you controlling that we will consider you worthy .Be warned!! .speaking from the hell.
Re: Kabbalah Anyone? by alcuin(m): 10:30am On Nov 06, 2014
smartn09:
@alcuin, In the valley of death, every route is solitary and bound to grave mistake if knowledge is lacked. How long have you been in this valley? How many demons are you controlling that we will consider you worthy .Be warned!! .speaking from the hell.

I don't understand you.

I don't meddle with negative beings.... I have ideals.

And I want to learn the Kabbalah.

Thanks.
Re: Kabbalah Anyone? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 06, 2014
alcuin:

So...how does one effect this reconciliation without wisdom and mastery?

What other disciplines are you referring to?

Thanks.

This is what you will face in your quest to study Kabbalah. Most Kabbalah schools will define an age range in which they choose to teach new members and pass down certain teachings. As I mentioned before you should not be under forty and should have completed an education in Torah and Talmud.

This education is vital, the Torah contains many stories of mystical experiences, from visitations by angels to prophetic dreams and visions. The Talmud considers the existence of the soul and when it becomes attached to the body. In addition, the Talmud contains vague hints of a mystical school of thought that was taught only to the most advanced students and was not committed to writing. There are several references in ancient sources to ma'aseh bereishit (the work of creation) and ma'aseh merkavah (the work of the chariot [of Ezekiel's vision]), which were (and still remains)the two primary subjects of Jewish mystical thought . Therefore it goes without saying that if you do not have the requisite grounding, you will find Kabbalah hard going.

Of vital importance in the tradition of Kabbalah is numerology, symbolism, the Hebrew and Runic alphabets as well as various form of number divination- including, Gematria, and Pythagorean Numerology, all designed to enable the student untangle coded writings.

Another aspect of initiation far removed from numerology and mysticism has more to do with mental and physical maturity. Kabbalah is not meant for children, not because they should not enjoy it nor follow it, but because they are written in parable and metaphor, that of which most children cannot comprehend, at least not the deeper meanings. You need to be somewhat intelligent and literate to follow any mystical path and Kabbalah is no exception.

Maturity is required to assume authority over infernal or celestial entities and the strength and endurance to last in ritual for lengthy amounts of time. The hands on mystical and magical path of Kabbalah has nothing to do with how spiritual and faithful you feel and act towards your ideal of divinity or how much compassion you express , but more to do with how much knowledge you can contain, how many techniques you can perform, how many orations you can speak or yell at a moment’s notice.

I hope this helps you make a better informed decision

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kabbalah Anyone? by alcuin(m): 6:24pm On Nov 06, 2014
Sarassin:

This is what you will face in your quest to study Kabbalah. Most Kabbalah schools will define an age range in which they choose to teach new members and pass down certain teachings. As I mentioned before you should not be under forty and should have completed an education in Torah and Talmud.

This education is vital, the Torah contains many stories of mystical experiences, from visitations by angels to prophetic dreams and visions. The Talmud considers the existence of the soul and when it becomes attached to the body. In addition, the Talmud contains vague hints of a mystical school of thought that was taught only to the most advanced students and was not committed to writing. There are several references in ancient sources to ma'aseh bereishit (the work of creation) and ma'aseh merkavah (the work of the chariot [of Ezekiel's vision]), which were (and still remains)the two primary subjects of Jewish mystical thought . Therefore it goes without saying that if you do not have the requisite grounding, you will find Kabbalah hard going.

Of vital importance in the tradition of Kabbalah is numerology, symbolism, the Hebrew and Runic alphabets as well as various form of number divination- including, Gematria, and Pythagorean Numerology, all designed to enable the student untangle coded writings.

Another aspect of initiation far removed from numerology and mysticism has more to do with mental and physical maturity. Kabbalah is not meant for children, not because they should not enjoy it nor follow it, but because they are written in parable and metaphor, that of which most children cannot comprehend, at least not the deeper meanings. You need to be somewhat intelligent and literate to follow any mystical path and Kabbalah is no exception.

Maturity is required to assume authority over infernal or celestial entities and the strength and endurance to last in ritual for lengthy amounts of time. The hands on mystical and magical path of Kabbalah has nothing to do with how spiritual and faithful you feel and act towards your ideal of divinity or how much compassion you express , but more to do with how much knowledge you can contain, how many techniques you can perform, how many orations you can speak or yell at a moment’s notice.

I hope this helps you make a better informed decision

From the little I understand about Kabbalah, it is a path of leading from what you know to what you once knew. The meaning of which is, man is essentially God and he is God looking for God. If he's soul is the same as of God, then, I guess every man has the requisite tools for the "reconciliation" in his soul. So, the much thought over intellectuality, which is mostly bound to the body, does not need to arise much.

Lay men with sincere hearts can be taught the Kabbalah and become profoundly wise.

It is my conviction that at the peak of spirituality, the adherent does not need rituals to express or connect with the One.

Thanks.

PS: Are you a practical Kabbalist??
Re: Kabbalah Anyone? by smartn09(m): 12:03am On Nov 07, 2014
Only five ghost soldiers are left in the darkest side of the hell undutified who may eventually take you on elementary coaching b4 the teachers. We are the custodians of the most sacred ancient wisdom. We share to most proficient individuals around the world. Do you consider yourself stentarious? Drop your email box. Note: you must either be one of us or accept us "the native/ ancient beings "if you must seek for ancient knowledge or Power. The value of your life depends solely on the quality of your thinking, your speech & your actions, guess b4 you speak. Be informed. We are watching you!!
Re: Kabbalah Anyone? by mekkfreshboy(m): 2:32pm On Dec 24, 2017
alcuin:

Thanks.

are you still interested in studying kabbalah

I have a store where you can get kabbalah books that would be of great use to you
Re: Kabbalah Anyone? by lexylaw40kuti: 2:30pm On Apr 25
Download the app

(1) (Reply)

What Can I Say Unto The Lord All I Have To Say Is Thank You Lord / (pic) Interior Design Of Coza Pastor Biodun's Dinning Room / You Become An Atheist Due To Limited Knowledge

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.