Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,084 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. (4133 Views)

A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine / Difference Between Christian And Muslim Fast / The Truth About Christian - Muslim Marriages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by DavidDylan(m): 8:24pm On Nov 20, 2008
mazaje:

genesis 1 vs

God also said: "See, I give you every seed-bearing plant all over the earth and every tree that has seed-bearing fruit on it to be your food;
and to all the animals of the land, all the birds of the air, and all the living creatures that crawl on the ground, I give all the green plants for food." And so it happened.

In the beginning according to the bible all animals were given green plants to eat as food. . . including lions, tigers, snakes, and hyenas. . . . .

Is this guy dumb or what?
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by mazaje(m): 8:31pm On Nov 20, 2008
DavidDylan:

Is this guy dumb or what?

tell us how jonah survived inside the inside a whale for 3 days. . . .using ur knowledge of biology and science. . . .
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by Okijajuju1(m): 8:34pm On Nov 20, 2008
mazaje:

tell us how jonah survived inside the inside a whale for 3 days. . . .using ur knowledge of biology and science. . . .

The day I get a resonable answer to this question, I swear I will repent and become a pastor.
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by morpheus24: 8:37pm On Nov 20, 2008
DavidDylan:

The worst you can do is use google to verify your claims before mentioning them as facts.

Which is the why the initial statment was phrased as question and not as fact.

Smart alick!
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by Bastage: 8:40pm On Nov 20, 2008
giving your knowledge of science and biology can you explain to us how jonah survived in the belly of a whale for 3 days?

You never heard of SCUBA? Start repenting Okija_juju. cheesy

By the way, the Bible says it was a fish. Not a whale.
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by morpheus24: 8:46pm On Nov 20, 2008
Bastage:

You never heard of SCUBA? Start repenting Okija_juju. cheesy

By the way, the Bible says it was a fish. Not a whale.
I think we can all assume it was a whale or do you know of any other gianormous fishes that can contain a man for that amount of time.
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by Okijajuju1(m): 8:51pm On Nov 20, 2008
morpheus24:

I think we can all assume it was a whale or do you know of any other gianormous fishes that can contain a man for that amount of time.

I guess the "fish" was one of the animals Noah forgot to take of the boat. undecided (If that even makes any sense)
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by DavidDylan(m): 8:54pm On Nov 20, 2008
morpheus24:

Which is the why the initial statment was phrased as question and not as fact.

Smart alick!

which is why you shldnt appear here if you havent got all your ducks in a row.

mazaje:

have you answered my own questions? I've been putting them to you and huxley for donkey yrs . . . let's have em.

Okija_juju:

The day I get a resonable answer to this question, I swear I will repent and become a pastor.

find a better excuse. This sounds contrived.
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by morpheus24: 9:01pm On Nov 20, 2008
DavidDylan:

which is why you shldnt appear here if you havent got all your ducks in a row.

Definition of fact:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fact

Definition of Question

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Question

I hope you can tell the difference.
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by DavidDylan(m): 9:11pm On Nov 20, 2008
morpheus24:

Definition of fact:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fact

Definition of Question

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Question

I hope you can tell the difference.

that is English language and is of no use to us here. When next you want to join the hyperventilating throng of bible bashers, ensure you have gone to read the bible ON YOUR OWN and perfectly understand what you are about to criticize.
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by Bastage: 9:15pm On Nov 20, 2008

Whale shark!!

12 meters long and 13 tons.

But anyway, just like a lot of the Old Testament, Jonah looks to be a copy of the older Jason and the Argonauts myth from Greece.
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by morpheus24: 9:17pm On Nov 20, 2008
DavidDylan:

that is English language and is of no use to us here. When next you want to join the hyperventilating throng of bible bashers, ensure you have gone to read the bible ON YOUR OWN and perfectly understand what you are about to criticize.

Here how about this one. Might be useful to you

Definition of a Smart alec:

A "smart alec" or "smart aleck" is a person regarded as obnoxiously self-assertive and an impudent person.[
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by mazaje(m): 9:18pm On Nov 20, 2008
DavidDylan:

blah blah blah. . . . . . . how will reading it on his own make him understand better how jonah survived inside a fish/whale?. . . . . .
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by DavidDylan(m): 9:21pm On Nov 20, 2008
morpheus24:

Here how about this one. Might be useful to you

Definition of a Smart alec:

A "smart alec" or "smart aleck" is a person regarded as obnoxiously self-assertive and an impudent person.[

Sorry, i know you folks are too used to feeling like the smart ones . . . too bad. I will always repeat . . . with the exception of Nferyn, the rest of you are not intelligent people.

mazaje:

blah blah blah. . . . . . . how will reading it on his own make him understand better how jonah survived inside a fish/whale?. . . . . .

you've been reading science, why is a kangaroo diff from you? Go ahead smart mouth . . .
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by morpheus24: 9:27pm On Nov 20, 2008
DavidDylan:

Sorry, i know you folks are too used to feeling like the smart ones . . . too bad. I will always repeat . . . with the exception of Nferyn, the rest of you are not intelligent people.

you've been reading science, why is a kangaroo diff from you? Go ahead smart mouth . . .

I still can't understand why you are waiting for him to answer your question before you answer his. Any intelligent person will simply say he doesn't have the answers or are you playing the i'll answer yours if you answer mine game.
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by Bastage: 9:27pm On Nov 20, 2008
Have you "studied properly" instead of swallowing everything ur equally deluded athiest brethren slap at you like a brainwashed drone?

Hmmm. That would be almost pertinent if I was actually an atheist.
But I'm not. I choose to be a Christian and I'm very comfortable with the faith.

Therefore your words are drivel.
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by mazaje(m): 9:28pm On Nov 20, 2008
DavidDylan:

Mr intelligent well done. . . . we are talking about the bible and you brought up DNA and phenotype. . . can you please show us where the bible refers to such? does moses know what DNA is? what about paul? is kangaroo part of the animals in noah's ark?
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by Lady2(f): 9:30pm On Nov 20, 2008
and to all the animals of the land, all the birds of the air, and all the living creatures that crawl on the ground, I give all the green plants for food." And so it happened

how does this say that lions must eat grass? it only says that all creatures can eat green plants. I know of animals that eat plants. I know that human beings eat plants and meat.
I mean seriously, how does this say that lions, tigers, and hyenas must eat plants.

This verse is general.
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by Lady2(f): 9:32pm On Nov 20, 2008

does it have to be with biology and science. too many people have had experiences that cannot be explained with biology or other "sciences"
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by Okijajuju1(m): 9:40pm On Nov 20, 2008
~Lady~:

does it have to be with biology and science. too many people have had experiences that cannot be explained with biology or other "sciences"

If you cant explain it with science or logic, then you are loosing your mind dear.

And I'll love to hear the experiences that you or others have expeirenced that is beyound explanation.
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by DavidDylan(m): 9:41pm On Nov 20, 2008
morpheus24:

I still can't understand why you are waiting for him to answer your question before you answer his. Any intelligent person will simply say he doesn't have the answers or are you playing the i'll answer yours if you answer mine game.

Because:
1. we've been through this charade once too many times. Only an incredibly slow-witted person will bother with Mazaje and his recycled "questions" aimed to inflame rather than a genuine desire for knowledge.

2. When you push science as an alternative to religion and accuse christians of being brainwashed . . . ya better be more intelligent than christians at the very science you bandy about.

Bastage:

Hmmm. That would be almost pertinent if I was actually an atheist.
But I'm not. I choose to be a Christian and I'm very comfortable with the faith.

Therefore your words are drivel.

I was unaware of your religious leanings and hence apologize.

mazaje:

Mr intelligent well done. . . . we are talking about the bible and you brought up DNA and phenotype. . . can you please show us where the bible refers to such? does moses know what DNA is? what about paul? is kangaroo part of the animals in noah's ark?

Knowledge progresses mr mazaje . . . did even Darwin have any idea what DNA was? The answer is no.
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by DavidDylan(m): 9:41pm On Nov 20, 2008
Okija_juju:

If you can't explain it with science or logic, then you are loosing your mind dear.

we've heard this drivel one too many times.

now can you logically explain evolution to me pls . . . with lucid examples.
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by Okijajuju1(m): 9:52pm On Nov 20, 2008
DavidDylan:

we've heard this drivel one too many times.

now can you logically explain evolution to me please . . . with lucid examples.

I am sure you have seen the fossils right?? Yep!! I sure you have.

Creation on the other hand, its just silly.
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by mazaje(m): 9:54pm On Nov 20, 2008
DavidDylan:

Knowledge progresses mr mazaje . . . did even Darwin have any idea what DNA was? The answer is no.

blah blah blah. . . . . .how does a donkey talk. . . . . how do stars fall into the earth on the day jesus will come? of course knowledge progresses that's how we got to know that blindness is not caused by evil spirits and because it progresses we also got to know that jonah's story is nothing but a myth. . . . .
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by mazaje(m): 9:56pm On Nov 20, 2008
Okija_juju:

I am sure you have seen the fossils right?? yes!! I sure you have.

god created the plants before the sun. . . . does the hebrew god know the relationship between the sun and plants?
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by DavidDylan(m): 10:19pm On Nov 20, 2008
Okija_juju:

I am sure you have seen the fossils right?? yes!! I sure you have.

We've seen fossils of dinosaurs . . . what did they evolve to?

We've seen well preserved fossils of cockroaches that are millions of yrs old. They are identical to modern day cockroaches. So everyone else evolved and cockroaches didnt? undecided
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by DavidDylan(m): 10:20pm On Nov 20, 2008
mazaje:

god created the plants before the sun. . . . does the hebrew god know the relationship between the sun and plants?

Light was created - Gen 1: 3

God created plants - Gen 1:11

If you payed attention in biology class, light (not necessarily the sun) is what plants require for growth. That is why you have green houses.

What is this slowpoke talking about?
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by mazaje(m): 10:31pm On Nov 20, 2008
DavidDylan:

Light was created - Gen 1: 3

God created plants - Gen 1:11

If you payed attention in biology class, light (not necessarily the sun) is what plants require for growth. That is why you have green houses.

What is this slowpoke talking about?

see this block head calling some one a slowpoke. . . . where did the light you are talking about come from the biblical gods eyes? do the people that wrote genesis know what photosynthesis is? the bible talked about day evening and night even before the sun was created how is that possible?
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by mazaje(m): 10:58pm On Nov 20, 2008
~Lady~:

how does this say that lions must eat grass? it only says that all creatures can eat green plants. I know of animals that eat plants. I know that human beings eat plants and meat.
I mean seriously, how does this say that lions, tigers, and hyenas must eat plants.

This verse is general.

this is the biblical god talking about what he had given all animals as food. . . . . . . remember there was no death at that time according to the bible and everything was perfect. for animals to eat meat they will have to kill each other. .  .death had not yet been introduced into the world by then according to the bible that was why all animals were given plants as foodlions will have to kill antelops etc and eat them as food, death hadn't been introduced into the world yet according to the bible. . . . . if you read it the biblical god was very specific and clear in his orders, intentions and instructions. . . .
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by morpheus24: 11:15pm On Nov 20, 2008
DavidDylan:

We've seen fossils of dinosaurs . . . what did they evolve to?

We've seen well preserved fossils of cockroaches that are millions of years old. They are identical to modern day cockroaches. So everyone else evolved and cockroaches didnt? undecided

What about adaptations? how do you account for the variance in animal and human populations. Were they all created at the same time?

Is evolution a mechanism or no?
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by DavidDylan(m): 11:19pm On Nov 20, 2008
morpheus24:

What about adaptations? how do you account for the variance in animal and human populations. Were they all created at the same time?

Is evolution a mechanism or no?

you're basically repeating my questions.

1. First highlight was why i asked Mazaje a simple question . . . how do you account for the large variability in phenotype between an asian and a Kenyan even though they share 99% of their DNA?

2. I asked okija to pls explain the phenomenon of evolution.

Is adaptation the same as evolution? Pay attention in biology class next time.
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by DavidDylan(m): 11:22pm On Nov 20, 2008
mazaje:

see this block head calling some one a slowpoke. . . . where did the light you are talking about come from the biblical gods eyes? do the people that wrote genesis know what photosynthesis is? the bible talked about day evening and night even before the sun was created how is that possible?

Gen 1:1-4 night and day was created. The difference between night and day is indicated as the presence or absence of light. We know plants need light (not just sunlight) to grow.

slowpoke . . . i'm sure you had biology practicals in class. Place a potted plant in a dark cupboard, place another in a dark cupboard but supply it with a source of light. Check both plants after 3-7 days . . .

We did those simple experiments in JSS2.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pls Help: I Need Serious High Level Spiritual Assistance. / Psalms 50 - Reveals The Heart And Mind Of God On Giving/tithing / 10 Proofs From 10 Different Scientists That Heaven Exists.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.