Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,520 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Feelings; A Must Read!!!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Feelings; A Must Read!!!!! (975 Views)

I Am Strong / How Do I Tell My Female Friend That I Don`t Have Feelings For Her? / Strong Feelings For My Ex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Feelings; A Must Read!!!!! by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 04, 2014
Ever since I was a kid, I've always had this feeling that I was awkward n different n that everybody despised me. I hated everything and everyone but being a quiet kid, it all happened in my head without anybody's knowledge.
At a particular point in my childhood, I gathered courage ( not enough though cos all I could bring myself to do was to write a note to my mum n leave it on the shelf) to express my feelings with a note. Was just a kid n though I was reassured, I was not taken seriously.
Growing up with this feeling made me withdrawn and when the feeling gets outta control, I break n often cry myself to sleep. Then, m in a piteous state but nobody seemed to notice ( seemed fine by me until now).
I'm human n normal n I deserve to have friends n love n all d care in the world but the more I look around for these things, the more it dawns on me that m alone in this awful world.
Tried to keep this to myself but m falling apart. This thing seems to b tearing me up. I don't know how i feel or what to think. I just Ned somebody to talk to in moments like this. its like m choking in my own skin.

Most children,teenagers n young adults experience this, needing all d love, care n attention they can get. Don't take their silence as being quiet. Something might just b going on in their mind that they desperately need to share. Eventually, most of them are able to overcome this feeling but what happens to d remaining few who actually drown

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Feelings; A Must Read!!!!! by anthoniaz(f): 12:39am On Nov 05, 2014
You just have to make yourself happy, you can't depend on anyone for your happiness. Keeping friends is not the solution because most friends are just parasites. What do you do when you are bored? Like me, I listen to music, I bead, Surf the net.Look for something that makes you happy.Cheers cool

1 Like

Re: Feelings; A Must Read!!!!! by Nobody: 7:07am On Nov 05, 2014
That's a good one buy how about children that don't av d opportunity to do all these stuff?
I think its just for parents to be more watchful esp with ' quiet' children.
Re: Feelings; A Must Read!!!!! by tpiah2: 9:27pm On Dec 02, 2014
Sorry.
Re: Feelings; A Must Read!!!!! by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 02, 2014
Wow I used to be a bit like this. Very introverted from a young age. I didn't have LOADS of friends but luckily I had a few VERY good friends. Dunno how old you are but u will probably grow out of it. I definitely did. I Still don't have a huge amount of friends that I keep In contact with and m quite happy with my own company. Try and put yourself out there a bit and make friends with a few people. The thing is everyone has similar feelings of insecurity from time to time, even the most popular person feels awkward sometimes. There is no magic bullet to this, just don't let those feelings define you.
Re: Feelings; A Must Read!!!!! by godstreasure23: 3:33pm On Dec 15, 2014
Thats me too and its really painful
Re: Feelings; A Must Read!!!!! by mutter(f): 3:36pm On Dec 15, 2014
Thank you for posting this here. You have jolted me as a mother up right again. We tend to ignore silent kids and concentrate on the louder ones. Not knowingthat there could be a storm raging behind the silence.

1 Like

Re: Feelings; A Must Read!!!!! by BOLAJIAJANI(m): 12:37pm On Mar 15, 2015
I know this is kind of old. But I feel like I should add something. As suggested above, I think at some point in our lives we all experience something along what you stated above. Although the stuffs some of us feel are just life's pressures, and whatever they are, we all respond to them differently.

However, I think we don't really need people to reassure us that everything is ok. And yes I strongly believe that everyone needs someone, but before that comes into the picture, we have to be ok with ourselves. Think about it - what if that someone becomes unavailable, will you go back to nursing those unhealthy feelings?

Truth is, people will always be blind to our emotions. And even sometimes when we try to tell them, they would believe it's nothing. We just have to learn to see LIFE as what it is, LIFE.

(1) (Reply)

The World's Largest Family, Just Check Them Out And See How / 7 Ways To Be A True Feminist. (My Opinion) / Remembering Beautiful Souls On All Souls Day - Nov 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.