Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,899 members, 7,810,452 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

Politics Is A 'Dirty Game' ;How True Is This Statement? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politics Is A 'Dirty Game' ;How True Is This Statement? (3245 Views)

Opinion: Is Politics A 'Dirty Game'? / Why Politics Is A Dirty Game? / Politics Is A Dirty Game- I Disagree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Politics Is A 'Dirty Game' ;How True Is This Statement? by msmon(m): 11:39pm On Nov 04, 2014
'Politics Is A Dirty Game' is a common statement among Nigerians, either old or young, male or female, educated or otherwise. The statement is as popular as Nigeria national anthem.

I have followed this section (politics section on NL) for a while now and I'm convinced we should get a better insight into what politics really mean because we have good political analyst here.

I am not a political analyst but I have browse out a few meaning of politics in order to guide our thoughts.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics
Politics (from Greek: πολιτικός politikos, meaning
"of, for, or relating to citizens"wink is the practice and
theory of influencing other people on a global, civic
or individual level. More narrowly, it refers to
achieving and exercising positions of governance —
organized control over a human community,
particularly a state. Furthermore, politics is the
study or practice of the distribution of power and
resources within a given community (a hierarchically organized population) as well as the
interrelationship(s) between communities. A variety
of methods are employed in politics, which include
promoting one's own political views among people,
negotiation with other political subjects, making
laws, and exercising force, including warfare against adversaries. Politics is exercised on a wide range of social levels, from clans and tribes of traditional societies, through modern local governments, companies and institutions up to sovereign states, to the international level.

www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?word=politics

1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy)
(functioning as singular) the practice or study of
the art and science of forming, directing, and
administrating states and other political units; the
art and science of government; political science
2. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy)
(functioning as singular) the complex or aggregate
of relationships of people in society, esp those
relationships involving authority or power
3. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy)
(functioning as plural) political activities or affairs:
party politics.
4. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy)
(functioning as singular) the business or
profession of politics
5. (functioning as singular or plural) any activity
concerned with the acquisition of power, gaining
one's own ends, etc: company politics are
frequently vicious.
6. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy)
(functioning as plural) opinions, principles,
sympathies, etc, with respect to politics: his
conservative politics.
7. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy)
(functioning as plural)
a. the policy-formulating aspects of
government as distinguished from the
administrative, or legal
b. the civil functions of government as
distinguished from the military

How come do politics become a dirty game when we are generally involved in politics whether active or inactive?

How much do you believe or detest this statement?

Let the political guru talk...
Re: Politics Is A 'Dirty Game' ;How True Is This Statement? by lonelydora: 12:00am On Nov 05, 2014
Too many bad things in Nigeria's politics ranging from killings, juju house, etc
Re: Politics Is A 'Dirty Game' ;How True Is This Statement? by msmon(m): 4:29am On Nov 05, 2014
I have unconsciously posted this thread twice. Mod should please help me delete one.

(1) (Reply)

6 Foreign Firms, Dangote To Begin Mining Gold, Iron Ore In 2015 / Photo: Hilarious Pix Of Jaja Wachuku Dozzing Off At A Meeting In New York / Massive Migration From The Far North; A Worrisome Trend And Future Disaster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.