Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,928 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

Jonathan’s Critics Need Psychiatric Test – Okupe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Critics Need Psychiatric Test – Okupe (2175 Views)

You Need Psychiatric Attention, Wike Tells Amaechi / Re: Questions For GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN Critics / Jonathan’s Critics Need Psychiatric Test – Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan’s Critics Need Psychiatric Test – Okupe by MichaelSokoto(m): 1:57am On Nov 05, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan’s Senior Special Assistant on Public Affairs, Doyin Okupe, said on Tuesday that critics of the President needed to be examined by psychiatrists.
Okupe said this while reacting to the statement by a former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, in which the ex-VP raised the alarm over the activities of the members of the violent Islamic sect, Boko Haram, in the North-East.
Atiku had alleged that if the activities of the insurgents were not quickly curtailed, they could overrun the entire region.
He also berated the leadership of the country, wondering what it had been doing to curtail the criminal activities of the members of the sect.
But Okupe said such statements were not expected from Atiku, who the presidential aide said had been part of the system.
He said, “Those people saying that this government is clueless need psychiatric test. From now on, anybody who says this government is clueless should be referred to a psychiatrist.
“It is obvious that people are also trying to make mileage of insurgency. On Monday, a very notable member of the Nigerian leadership institution, in particular Alhaji Abubakar Atiku, took a swipe at the Federal Government and at the President.
“You know, it’s difficult to comment publicly about people who have held very important and highly dignified position in our polity, but when people go to the extent of trying to make political gains out of national tragedy, it is difficult not to say something because this is part of the misinformation which the Nigerian public has been subjected to.
“Atiku said that we have problems with leadership, both political leadership and military leadership. For a former Vice President, I believe the comments passed by Atiku Abubakar, I don’t want to use the word ‘irresponsible’, but I will say it is a little bit out of place.
“It is not something you expect from an elder statesman, somebody who has been in the system and who understands how government works.”
Okupe, who said he was angry with the statement of Atiku, said it was wrong for someone aspiring to lead the country to speak ill of the armed forces because he would command the same military if elected.
He alleged that it was statements from people like Atiku that emboldened the insurgents to take up arms against the state.
“I remember very well that before the 2011 elections, it was the people like Atiku Abubakar who said that those who make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.
“That was his statement and that was what poured out some of these young people who have been brainwashed to take up armed against their state,” he said.
He insisted that the government of Jonathan was doing everything possible to contain insurgency, adding that there was hardly any country not currently battling with insurgency.
Okupe said insurgency remained the problem facing the country and that government had been battling it and would overcome it, especially with the calibre of people serving in the government.
He also added that the present government remained the best since independence in 1960.
He said, “We have capable people who have made name running this economy; people like (Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Olusegun) Aganga; (Minster of Finance, Ngozi) Okonjo-Iweala and others and people are saying this government is clueless.
“How can these capable people be running an economy where the government is clueless. Is this possible?
“But I want to say here that Jonathan administration is the most successful since 1960.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathans-critics-need-psychiatric-test-okupe/

Re: Jonathan’s Critics Need Psychiatric Test – Okupe by MichaelSokoto(m): 2:12am On Nov 05, 2014
MODs
Re: Jonathan’s Critics Need Psychiatric Test – Okupe by Raiders: 2:33am On Nov 05, 2014
This man is a useless man

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Critics Need Psychiatric Test – Okupe by Omimah: 2:42am On Nov 05, 2014
Okupe doesn't understand the condition underwhich those in the Boko Haram controlled areas are in.

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Critics Need Psychiatric Test – Okupe by Nobody: 3:08am On Nov 05, 2014
Obviously okupe missed his medication

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Critics Need Psychiatric Test – Okupe by Nobody: 3:14am On Nov 05, 2014
I pity Jonathan sometimes. The man is suffering from Peter Principle. He is not a bad man but he is doing a job that is beyond his competence and he lacks the clout to attract competent hands. Instead he is surrounded by selfish politicians and cheerleaders like Okupe. Obasanjo muscled his way through eight years because he had Ngozi, Oby, Dora, Akin Olujimi, El Rufai (not the modern day town crier), Ribadu, Soludo, Bath Nnaji (he drew the road map to power), etc. Now Asari and E K Clark and Tompolo are informal advisers and Spokesmen for Mr. President. These guys don't know governance and economics. What do you expect?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Critics Need Psychiatric Test – Okupe by dunkem21(m): 3:41am On Nov 05, 2014
“But I want to say here that Jonathan
administration is the most successful since
1960.”

No doubt about this.

GEJ till 2019.
Re: Jonathan’s Critics Need Psychiatric Test – Okupe by dotna(m): 3:59am On Nov 05, 2014
Someone should try employ him as PR in any organization.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Critics Need Psychiatric Test – Okupe by courage54(m): 4:29am On Nov 05, 2014
Just the same way Doyin Okupe, GEJ, FFK needs urgent rehabilitation for excessive alcoholic and drugs intake. This nonsense and insults must stop in 2015 when a new president will be sworn in.

Sai BUHARI

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Critics Need Psychiatric Test – Okupe by raumdeuter: 4:31am On Nov 05, 2014
This fatfuck Doyin Okugbe needs to shut the hell up

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Critics Need Psychiatric Test – Okupe by ladi02(m): 4:38am On Nov 05, 2014
if a cleaner is made the CEO of a corporation with no managerial skills

In his eyes and his fellow inexperienced team, they are performing wonders!

Okupe needs to shut up! and stop thinking Nigerians are fools...his time is coming

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Critics Need Psychiatric Test – Okupe by edo3(m): 5:34am On Nov 05, 2014
Is this not the same oku igbe that obasanjo fired during his tym??

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Critics Need Psychiatric Test – Okupe by ayukdaboss(m): 6:22am On Nov 05, 2014
Ordinarily, one should not not respond to irresponsible comments coming from Okupe because its “normal” but keeping quiet will probably make him think he will always get away with it.

It is height of irresponsibility to say nobody can or should criticise GEJ and
his Government. I wonder what kind of
signals these kind of statements from people who are supposed to be running
our democratic experience are sending
to the world. That we are a democracy
or dictatorship? What a shame.!!!

APC please get your acts together and
get these clowns out of Aso Rock!!!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Critics Need Psychiatric Test – Okupe by banki(m): 6:24am On Nov 05, 2014
its people like doyin okupe that make GEJ look bad.......

This is the same okupe that was fired from obasanjos governmentfor collecting contract to fix a fedral high way in benue state and imo state, he collected the money and never did the job, efcc has forgotten his case plus he went tocourt to get that useless injunction so he wont be prosecuted,

those are the kind of people that sit down and speak for my president,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Critics Need Psychiatric Test – Okupe by win1234: 6:55am On Nov 05, 2014
Nigeria on the brink, these guys will take over the whole north, thats their agenda & they are going unchallenged
Re: Jonathan’s Critics Need Psychiatric Test – Okupe by win1234: 6:59am On Nov 05, 2014
Nigeria cannot survive BH, killing BH is like killing 70% of muslims including Atiku
Re: Jonathan’s Critics Need Psychiatric Test – Okupe by omenka(m): 7:06am On Nov 05, 2014
kITATITA:
I pity Jonathan sometimes. The man is suffering from Peter Principle. He is not a bad man but he is doing a job that is beyond his competence and he lacks the clout to attract competent hands. Instead he is surrounded by selfish politicians and cheerleaders like Okupe. Obasanjo muscled his way through eight years because he had Ngozi, Oby, Dora, Akin Olujimi, El Rufai (not the modern day town crier), Ribadu, Soludo, Bath Nnaji (he drew the road map to power), etc. Now Asari and E K Clark and Tompolo are informal advisers and Spokesmen for Mr. President. These guys don't know governance and economics. What do you expect?
+263,100, 421 Likes!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Critics Need Psychiatric Test – Okupe by Nobody: 7:15am On Nov 05, 2014
dunkem21:
1960.”

No doubt about this.

GEJ till 2019.

Success is relative; so I don't know under what context you rate this administration. I believe that it is such assertions that make the Presidency shuffle from one embarrassment to another. That is the Doyin Okupe mentality. Is it in infrastructural development, installed capacity utilization, youth employment, access to affordable health and quality education or our standing in the international fora? Where did you get your successful factor?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Critics Need Psychiatric Test – Okupe by Fire15: 7:15am On Nov 05, 2014
MichaelSokoto:
President Goodluck Jonathan’s Senior Special Assistant on Public Affairs, Doyin Okupe, said on Tuesday that critics of the President needed to be examined by psychiatrists.
Okupe said this while reacting to the statement by a former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, in which the ex-VP raised the alarm over the activities of the members of the violent Islamic sect, Boko Haram, in the North-East.
Atiku had alleged that if the activities of the insurgents were not quickly curtailed, they could overrun the entire region.
He also berated the leadership of the country, wondering what it had been doing to curtail the criminal activities of the members of the sect.
But Okupe said such statements were not expected from Atiku, who the presidential aide said had been part of the system.
He said, “Those people saying that this government is clueless need psychiatric test. From now on, anybody who says this government is clueless should be referred to a psychiatrist.
“It is obvious that people are also trying to make mileage of insurgency. On Monday, a very notable member of the Nigerian leadership institution, in particular Alhaji Abubakar Atiku, took a swipe at the Federal Government and at the President.
“You know, it’s difficult to comment publicly about people who have held very important and highly dignified position in our polity, but when people go to the extent of trying to make political gains out of national tragedy, it is difficult not to say something because this is part of the misinformation which the Nigerian public has been subjected to.
“Atiku said that we have problems with leadership, both political leadership and military leadership. For a former Vice President, I believe the comments passed by Atiku Abubakar, I don’t want to use the word ‘irresponsible’, but I will say it is a little bit out of place.
“It is not something you expect from an elder statesman, somebody who has been in the system and who understands how government works.”
Okupe, who said he was angry with the statement of Atiku, said it was wrong for someone aspiring to lead the country to speak ill of the armed forces because he would command the same military if elected.
He alleged that it was statements from people like Atiku that emboldened the insurgents to take up arms against the state.
“I remember very well that before the 2011 elections, it was the people like Atiku Abubakar who said that those who make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.
“That was his statement and that was what poured out some of these young people who have been brainwashed to take up armed against their state,” he said.
He insisted that the government of Jonathan was doing everything possible to contain insurgency, adding that there was hardly any country not currently battling with insurgency.
Okupe said insurgency remained the problem facing the country and that government had been battling it and would overcome it, especially with the calibre of people serving in the government.
He also added that the present government remained the best since independence in 1960.
He said, “We have capable people who have made name running this economy; people like (Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Olusegun) Aganga; (Minster of Finance, Ngozi) Okonjo-Iweala and others and people are saying this government is clueless.
“How can these capable people be running an economy where the government is clueless. Is this possible?
“But I want to say here that Jonathan administration is the most successful since 1960.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathans-critics-need-psychiatric-test-okupe/
Okupe, thunder fire your mouth. While pointing one finger at the critics of your clueless and incompetent boss, the other four fingers are point at you. That is really indicative that, you need psychiatric help, not test. The pathognomonic signs are evident. FAT FOOL

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Critics Need Psychiatric Test – Okupe by PassingShot(m): 7:16am On Nov 05, 2014
1960.” - Okupe

So na you wey write exam go mark and grade am at the same time?

Idiota!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Critics Need Psychiatric Test – Okupe by Amanwulu1(m): 7:29am On Nov 05, 2014
courage54:
Just the same way Doyin Okupe, GEJ, FFK needs urgent rehabilitation for excessive alcoholic and drugs intake. This nonsense and insults must stop in 2015 when a new president will be sworn in.

Sai BUHARI
Did u also see me in ur dream last nite as d gov of Lagos in 2015?
Re: Jonathan’s Critics Need Psychiatric Test – Okupe by dunkem21(m): 7:33am On Nov 05, 2014
kITATITA:

Success is relative; so I don't know under what context you rate this administration. I believe that it is such assertions that make the Presidency shuffle from one embarrassment to another. That is the Doyin Okupe mentality. Is it in infrastructural development, installed capacity utilization, youth employment, access to affordable health and quality education or our standing in the international fora? Where did you get your successful factor?

GEJ's administration is the most successful in all the areas you mentioned. Choose any administration and lets do a fair assessment.

GEJ till 2019.
Re: Jonathan’s Critics Need Psychiatric Test – Okupe by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 05, 2014
JonaohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhTAN is going grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Critics Need Psychiatric Test – Okupe by PresidentAde(m): 7:56am On Nov 05, 2014
A very stup.d man with a loose mouth .

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Critics Need Psychiatric Test – Okupe by LouisVanGaal(m): 8:07am On Nov 05, 2014
Don't worry, soon you would be out of 'job' come May 2015 when GMB is sworn-in..BGG

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Critics Need Psychiatric Test – Okupe by arsetalks(m): 8:33am On Nov 05, 2014
This is the problem with GEJ's administration. He has surrounded himself with shameless YES MEN who have no balls to tell him the truth. It is no wonder that TAN in their idiotic advert on AIT keeps comparing him to Martin Luther King JNR, Obama and other greats.

How is Atiku stating the obvious truth a call to Anarchy? It seems anyone who warns PDP of the INEVITABLE implication of their misrule and election rigging is calling for anarchy or isn't that what this useless idiota is trying to make us believe?

Posterity will judge us all.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Critics Need Psychiatric Test – Okupe by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:49am On Nov 05, 2014
Keneking:
JonaohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhTAN is going grin
Kene my maaaaaanu!
Kedu kodi? grin
Re: Jonathan’s Critics Need Psychiatric Test – Okupe by mrmetoo1: 8:58am On Nov 05, 2014
Is this really how to respond to critics? You say that they need psychiatric help because they're criticizing the C-in-C for not doing his job.

This man could have used this opportunity to educate Nigerians on what is being done by his boss to stop this war on the country. Instead he decided to do what majority of what GEJ supporters do, insult.

The blame game is also getting tiring, if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. Saying a statement someone made in 2011 is what is making you guys not do your job is quite ridiculous.

They need to remind the president that his number one job is to protect the citizens and if he feels its too much for him to handle, then he needs to step down. It doesn't matter if it's opposition inciting BH, his job is to crush those causing unrest in his country. Enough of this saying opposition did this, APC did that frankly it makes the president sound really weak.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Critics Need Psychiatric Test – Okupe by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:01am On Nov 05, 2014
It's more easier promotin Buhari diz dayz cool
Re: Jonathan’s Critics Need Psychiatric Test – Okupe by fitzmayowa: 9:03am On Nov 05, 2014
This doyin okup guy does the president more harm than good...He just continues to rant aimlessly

The post he holds is just too big for him, in my books he is not fit to be a spokesman for a councillor let alone the president...SMH

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Critics Need Psychiatric Test – Okupe by Keky(m): 11:05am On Nov 05, 2014
Doyin Okupe`s twitter account must be a parody, a troll, or an impersonator. It can't be real. That cannot be the SSA on media affairs
Re: Jonathan’s Critics Need Psychiatric Test – Okupe by simpleseyi: 12:02pm On Nov 05, 2014
I am from Ogun state, Nigeria has been very unfair to us. After messing up our beloved son and Africa's most loved man MKO Abiola, you brought another of our son Ernest Shonekan and made him a dummy president that could not even give orders to cleaners at Aso Rock. Next, you brought Olusegun Obasanjo a.k.a. Baba-No-Regret to disgrace us by wasting 8 years of Nigeria's history. Now, you have made Reuben Abati to be talking from both sides of his mouths, he left his conscience in his village which is very near my village and he is now in Abuja without a conscience telling us senseless lies every now and then.

Presently one of our prodigal sons is gradually going mad, and you all Nigerians are singing for him to continue dancing naked at the market square. This is very unfair, please help our son, help us tie him down with very strong cables, we shall send some elders together with the chief priest of our village to come and help take him home so that necessary rituals will be performed to cleanse him of madness because it is only a mad man that will be calling every other person mad. Please help save our son Doyin Oku-Igbe before he enters the market.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

( Occupy Nigeria 1st January 2012 ) Flash back Memory Lane. Don't forget so soon / TELL LRNZH To Respond To This RESPONSE ASAP / Card Reader ; The Question JEGA Refused To Answer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.