Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,265 members, 7,954,033 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:10 AM

Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria (15203 Views)

Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone / An Illegal Nigerian Immigrant Arrested In UK After Living For 20years / Visiting Nigeria With Us Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by ZUBY77(m): 8:11am On Nov 16, 2014
Their company their Country. Deal with it or go home.
You don't have to blame them, it's one of their experiments that went wrong. They know what it is more than you and they know how fast it can kill a mortal.

If you must work there, Initiate a thorough test in a popular medical facility there in the UK. Go and fly the result in the company's administration tables and they may take you back.
If it doesn't work, contact me, I will fix you with some D-dealers up there.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by Kunleskey(m): 8:11am On Nov 16, 2014
Let me book
Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 16, 2014
Even when Nigeria has been cleared of Ebola Virus,the stigma on Nigerians still rages on in foreign countries and worst than other countries who are still battling the virus.

Smh
Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by john403: 8:13am On Nov 16, 2014
THERE ARE LOTS OF DISCRIMINATION GOING ON IN THE WORLD AGAINST AFRICANS. ALL THE BLOODY RACISTS CAN NOW HAVE A VERY GOOD EXCUSE FOR SEGREGATION

Nigerian girl barred from school in the U.S. amid Ebola fears; family sues

Source: http://.com.ng/index.php/world-news/item/882-nigerian-girl-barred-from-school-in-the-u-s-amid-ebola-fears-family-sues

EBOLA STIGMATIZATION! American College Now Rejects Applications From Nigerians
Source: http://.com.ng/index.php/national-news/item/548-ebola-stigmatization-american-college-now-rejects-applications-from-nigerians

And the list continues
They even called Pastor Oyedepo's LIVING FAITH a "witchcraft church"
Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 16, 2014
The discrimination is just annoying. Let them conduct the quarantine and if he isn't back to work after that. Oga sam....heed my word 'Get a good lawyer and sue their arsis to court!'

Sue em for damages hehehe...emotional truama and racial profiling!
Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by tuffgongjo(m): 8:13am On Nov 16, 2014
This is a news of two weeks ago,but these white folks are just using this "ebola ish" to put into practise what they enjoy doing against blacks Discrimination,racism is their Identity card.
Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by mcmukoko12(m): 8:19am On Nov 16, 2014
There is no case of ebola in nigeria uk you hear this.
Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by guttentag(m): 8:19am On Nov 16, 2014
Opeedo:
I bet they woould not do that to an American!

That is why Americans are Gratest
Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by Nobody: 8:20am On Nov 16, 2014
ZUBY77:
Their company their Country. Deal with it or go home.
You don't have to blame them, it's one of their experiments that went wrong. They know what it is more than you and they know how fast it can kill a mortal.

If you must work there, Initiate a thorough test in a popular medical facility there in the UK. Go and fly the result in the company's administration tables and they may take you back.
If it doesn't work, contact me, I will fix you with some D-dealers up there.

Oga, do u mean powder dealers
Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by Misogynist2014(m): 8:21am On Nov 16, 2014
What should I do about did tory? lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 16, 2014
I just got back from Nigeria and my collegues were fine about it. I even got some hugs.

I guess its just down to ignorance and those scary news reports and pictures showing ebola victims is not helping.

Its just sad that the guy wont be paid, or I would have just taken the 3 weeks off and gone back off to Nigeria again cool

Funny enough I had to fill in a long form and had my temperature taken by health officials as soon as I stepped off the plane in Lagos but nothing of the sort when I returned to Heathrow. There is no Ebola in the UK and I came in on a direct flight. I guess people are just being over careful.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by Lekcy001(m): 8:23am On Nov 16, 2014
na dem get wahala, what i knw is dat nigeria is free frm EBOLA,.....make him come bck to nigeria, we get plenty security wrk for 9ja
Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by Valfrankie(m): 8:25am On Nov 16, 2014
Mr Sam, I believe the British government places the safety of her Citizens above all else. Let's not see this as another case of Racism. The British might still be sceptical about our true status despite the WHO declaration, this is a case of safety first and nothing else. Be patient and Persevere, it shall be well.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by Youngzedd(m): 8:33am On Nov 16, 2014
who works as a security guard

See weti my 9ja bro dey do for oyibo with insults.

All na abroad.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by busky101(m): 8:34am On Nov 16, 2014
Posting news after 1month of its release doesn't help matters at all, this news is over 1month old, how come it made front page? Huh

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by ZUBY77(m): 8:38am On Nov 16, 2014
mobuch:

Oga, do u mean powder dealers

You said it yourself Sir.
Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by kamez(m): 8:40am On Nov 16, 2014
xoxohandsome:

he is d president of d world power,his influence on oda nations in unexplainable

Last time I checked, the UK was also a world power.. They should be able to make their own decision void of external interferance..

If u feel so strongly about obama, then what would u now say about the Australlian govt that have openly stopped issuing visa and entry to citizens from ebola high risk nations?
Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 16, 2014
They are ignorant, they need help!
Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by holatin(m): 8:59am On Nov 16, 2014
its not because of Ebola, USA Ve started foreseeing Nigeria servering tiles with them, so they act to put a second thought in us.
shey na ban you still dey, dem go rusticate some student for school for now offence.
you don't believe it possible THEN READ BLACK BOY
Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by watchindelta(m): 9:32am On Nov 16, 2014
OK oh but am not sure.
Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by redsun(m): 9:38am On Nov 16, 2014
Cornwall! Blacks are endangered species in that part of uk. Anywhere outside London,Manchester,Birmingham,bradford and leeds is at owners risks. Almost the same as living in Russia as a darkie.
Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by tallfact: 9:44am On Nov 16, 2014
See nothing wrong in their decision but they should have at least paid him some money to show that they feel concerned and were only protecting themselves against Ebola. It will have gone along way and the guy will understand.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by nduchucks: 9:45am On Nov 16, 2014
Life has no duplicate o. If you perceive that your life is threatened, Sam, I suspect you'd act in the same manner as your employers.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by ThaProphet(m): 9:48am On Nov 16, 2014
worry359:
[size=14pt]Something very strange here!!!!!![/size]
This story is running around Nigerian web pages
But Nothing on British or other western news reports!

I suspect FAKE STORY / LIES.

Something not particularly strange about this post.

If the British media or "western media" does not give a story validation by covering it, the story is highly suspicious and possibly fake.
Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by Engen(m): 9:48am On Nov 16, 2014
worry359:
[size=14pt]Something very strange here!!!!!![/size]
This story is running around Nigerian web pages
But Nothing on British or other western news reports!

I suspect FAKE STORY / LIES.

There goes another low minded Nigeria, so because no western news reporting this then it must be fake? I pity you
Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by ericessien24: 9:49am On Nov 16, 2014
Na wa oh,no insults on him being security,but if someone says he's a security guard in Nigeria,they treat him as trash.
Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 16, 2014
Opeedo:
I bet they woould not do that to an American!

They would do that to anyone they suspect. Americans don't even have automatic right to work.
Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by Hembelembe: 10:47am On Nov 16, 2014
British too like BAN. Any small thin na BAN

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FAAN Begins Investigation On How Intruder Climbed Aircraft / Tanker Explosion Rocks Gwagwa, Abuja (Video, Photos) / Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Week 21)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.