Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,515 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria (15125 Views)

Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone / An Illegal Nigerian Immigrant Arrested In UK After Living For 20years / Visiting Nigeria With Us Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by gbishman: 11:01am On Nov 16, 2014
Its no racial, its simply taking precautionary steps. You just need bear with ur employers bruv

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by ULSHERLAN(m): 11:32am On Nov 16, 2014
Marc9:
Well, what do you expect? Ebola is not something people take likely. The same stigma was observed in Nigeria as well. The fiance of that nurse that died in Lagos was also stigmatised by his friends and neighbours. So we shouldn't see this as racism or injustice.

People always fear what they don't understand!
would have said this too. Nairalanders claiming to be saint now will surely do same to a Liberian or Sierra Leone person visiting the country if they know where the person is from.
Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 16, 2014
This goes to show that the whites dont believe in our System (health inclusive) @ol...they probably think we'll have bribed our way to being cleared & they also know how porous most of our borders are hence it will take the total eradication of ebola from our neighbours b4 we can be given a clean bill of health...if South Africa had ebola and were declared ebola free by WHO, dy are still likely to be taken serious than Nigeria, same goes for USA..we should not take everything as racism, we are our own problems most of the time..lets see corruption come to a halt & we'll see the world take us serious.
Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by fireforfire: 12:36pm On Nov 16, 2014
keyzid:
OK. He should come back home and start working here.

like say u keep work for am
Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 16, 2014
Old story now. I think I need to start creating topics on Nland.
Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 16, 2014
Opeedo:

i just love the way England do things... this was what we supposed to hav done to Partrick sawyer...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by Tinyemeka(m): 1:06pm On Nov 16, 2014
Lexusgs430:
Talk about travelling and enjoying the holiday. And returning broke + No job for 3 weeks !!!!
Welfare payments will not be the solution, he was not sacked or lost his job.
Moreover, by the time all the welfare application is completed, it will almost almost be 3 weeks.
Lay low and avoid wonga !!!!!!
What's wrong with Wonga?
Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by Lexusgs430: 2:13pm On Nov 16, 2014
Tinyemeka:

What's wrong with Wonga?

Lending money from Wonga and paying almost 5000% interest is ethical?
Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 16, 2014
Opeedo:
I bet they woould not do that to an American!

Stop comparing Nigeria to the US, they're not in the same league.
Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 16, 2014
Marc9:
Well, what do you expect? Ebola is not something people take likely. The same stigma was observed in Nigeria as well. The fiance of that nurse that died in Lagos was also stigmatised by his friends and neighbours. So we shouldn't see this as racism or injustice.

People always fear what they don't understand!
True talk. Let him jst bear it. Its only temporary.The must important tin is dat he doesnt hv d virus, so dat settles it
Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by Litmus: 3:01pm On Nov 16, 2014
Engineer, Basingstoke, United Kingdom, 1 week ago

I sympathise with this chap but you can also understand his colleagues angst. They have rights too and the employer has a duty of care. Just because Nigeria states its Ebola free in the press release means absolutely nothing. Having worked in Nigeria numerous times it¿s hard to believe anything these guys say (especially Govt. Ministers). Heck they have ¿lost¿ 300 school girls, kidnapped from their school and no one seems even slightly concerned. Imagine this happening to one school girl in England. Nigeria is a huge country and communications are difficult. If one district Doctor or Nurse phoned the office with a case of Ebola he or she would be advised to take a holiday and the case would be lost in the officialdom ¿because Nigeria is Ebola Free¿

Don't you just hate statements like the one above -i bet you its by someone from a certain West African nation - but lets just suppose he's European or American. The thing that gets me is their arrogance and these idiots like to point fingers at Nigerians and call us arrogant. I think when they call us arrogant what they're in fact saying is- "you're "black" how dare you adopt a superior position". Anyway what i'd like to state is this: I am Nigerian, i have never stolen a single thing in my life, not even a tiny sweet (although i have downloaded movies using torrents) i have cheated no one out of anything, i have never given anyone food that i wouldn't eat, i have never cheated in Exams, dodged fares, when i have found anything i've handed it to the authority, if a shop keeper gives me the wrong change I've returned it the list goes on. I'm almost certainly more honest than the person who wrote the statement that i quoted above and i am Nigerian. My character and behavior has nothing to do with wanting to be a good boy or please anyone, it has to do with the values that my Nigerian parents instilled in me. My parents were/are Nigerians. My relatives are the same as me. I have friends with similar temperament and all are Nigerians. Ironically, the closest i came to inculcating dishonest disposition was when my parents sent me to England and i went through their school system. It took returning to Nigeria to straighten me out again. This time not by my parents but by Nigerians my age at collage. I had become sneaky like a typical Brit youth- the Nigerians knocked that out of me; i had become a tattletale -the Nigerians made me understand that if i gossiped and carried news about other people how could they trust me; i had become a little selfish-Nigerians thought me about sharing. There is so much more but i'm not going to reveall my belly online. Suffice it to say, I love Nigeria and Nigerians -the best people in the world.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by Nobody: 3:54pm On Nov 16, 2014
JEALOUSY 101
Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 16, 2014
Litmus:

Don't you just hate statements like the one above -i bet you its by someone from a certain West African nation - but lets just suppose he's European or American. The thing that gets me is their arrogance and these idiots like to point fingers at Nigerians and call us arrogant. I think when they call us arrogant what they're in fact saying is- "you're "black" how dare you adopt a superior position". Anyway what i'd like to state is this: I am Nigerian, i have never stolen a single thing in my life, not even a tiny sweet (although i have downloaded movies using torrents) i have cheated no one out of anything, i have never given anyone food that i wouldn't eat, i have never cheated in Exams, dodged fares, when i have found anything i've handed it to the authority, if a shop keeper gives me the wrong change I've returned it the list goes on. I'm almost certainly more honest than the person who wrote the statement that i quoted above and i am Nigerian. My character and behavior has nothing to do with wanting to be a good boy or please anyone, it has to do with the values that my Nigerian parents instilled in me. My parents were/are Nigerians. My relatives are the same as me. I have friends with similar temperament and all are Nigerians. Ironically, the closest i came to inculcating dishonest disposition was when my parents sent me to England and i went through their school system. It took returning to Nigeria to straighten me out again. This time not by my parents but by Nigerians my age at collage. I had become sneaky like a typical Brit youth- the Nigerians knocked that out of me; i had become a tattletale -the Nigerians made me understand that if i gossiped and carried news about other people how could they trust me; i had become a little selfish-Nigerians thought me about sharing. There is so much more but i'm not going to reveall my belly online. Suffice it to say, I love Nigeria and Nigerians -the best people in the world.

As you weave a romantic tale about your upstandingment please look up the definition of two words in the dico, "hypocrite" and "thief" as both fits you.
Re: Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 16, 2014
A very sensible employer that takes the safety of its workers to heart.

I'll do the very same thing and in fact my employer does the same thing and just did so to a Nigerian coworker. I tell you what, it gave me a great piece of mind.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Commercial Bus Driver Ran Into Another Bus,Crashes With Nissan Car In Anambra(pi / 3m Nigerians Living Illegally In UK – Senate Committee / FAAN Begins Investigation On How Intruder Climbed Aircraft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.