Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,819 members, 7,828,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Osoba, Ogun Deputy Gov, Others Dump APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osoba, Ogun Deputy Gov, Others Dump APC (3822 Views)

Ogun Deputy-governor, Yetunde-onanuga Rescues Accident Victim (photo) / Impeachment: Deputy Gov, Others Block Ekiti Assembly Entrances / Osoba, Ogun Deputy Gov, Others Dump APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osoba, Ogun Deputy Gov, Others Dump APC by etunoman76(m): 4:52am On Nov 06, 2014
A former governor of Ogun State, Chief Olusegun Osoba, and the Deputy Governor, Segun Adesegun, have defected from the All Progressives Congress to the Social Democratic Party.

A reliable source, who made this known on Wednesday, also said that the three APC senators from the state and six members of House of Representatives had joined the SDP train.

The Senators are Adegbenga Kaka, Gbenga Obadara and Akin Odunsi, who represent Ogun East, Ogun Central and Ogun West respectively.

The members of the House of Representatives are Kunle Adeyemi, Babatunde Olabode, Olumide Osoba, Abiodun Abudu, Odeleye Kehinde and Bukunola Buraimo.

News of their defection coincided with the resignation of Governor Ibikunle Amosun’s Senior Special Assistant on Environment, Abayomi Odunowo.

Adesegun had on October 24 sent a stinker to Amosun, accusing him of starving his office of funds, and allocating old vehicles to him.

In the letter personally signed by him and published exclusively on October 29, by The PUNCH the deputy governor advised Amosun to fear God and warned that he might not win the next governorship poll in the state.

A part of the letter read, “Your Excellency, while writing this letter, my thoughts race to my university days in Ile-Ife, Osun State where I joined a group of bikers travelling around the country out of youthful exuberance.

“During this period, one of my pastimes was reading inscriptions on cars and buses to amuse myself. In 1978, I witnessed a fatal accident near a big tree at Alakia Junction in Ibadan on the way to Ile-Ife involving a white Peugeot 504 station wagon. Nearly everybody in the car died; shockingly there were several amulets hung over the car that had the word “I shall return” boldly inscribed on both sides. Unfortunately, it did not return. I therefore conclude that we all must fear God.”

Kaka and Obadara confirmed the defection of the politicians during separate telephone chats with our correspondents.

One of our correspondents had asked the Senator if the Osoba group had left the APC, he replied “Something like that.”

When asked to be specific on Osoba and Adesegun, he said, “All of us; we will soon have a formal unveiling.”

Kaka also disclosed that Osoba and the National Assembly members loyal to him had started consultations and sensitisation visits to the Local Government Areas in the state.

He said, “What we are doing currently is that we are going about to the local governments to sensitise the people of the need to register and get their permanent voter cards.

“But we have not formally defected. You know that if someone wants to defect to another party, it must be done formally, so we need to do that.”

On his part, Obadara said, “Yes, I am in the SDP. But it has not been made formal; we are in the process of making it formal. In fact, all the senators and members of the House of Representatives are also in the SDP.

“We are out to rescue Ogun State from recklessness and provide good governance. We are not going to run a government of my friends, my school mates and my family.”

When contacted , Adesegun said he would always be in a party where his leader(Osoba) belonged.

He said, “Osoba is our leader, I am talking about politics in Yorubaland. Nobody can create leaders for us in Ogun State.”

Efforts to speak with Osoba did not yield any result, as he neither picked a call made to his telephone line nor responded to the text message sent to him on the matter.

When contacted, the state commissioner for Information and Strategy, Yusuph Olaniyonu, said, “It is purely a party affair.”

But the national leadership of the APC expressed shock over the defection, saying the party would restrategise to cushion the effect of the defection of the politicians.

It said through its National Publicity Secretary, Lai Mohammed, that it was inching towards reconciling the factions in its Ogun State chapter.

“We read it only in the newspapers like you read it. We thought we were making a breakthrough in our reconciliation talks. So, it was a shock to us,” the APC added.

It admitted that the defection might affect its chances of retaining the state in 2015, but said it “will go back to the drawing board and redouble our efforts.”

On what would happen to the deputy governor of the state, the APC said, “The party in Ogun State will decide what to do with the deputy governor. Right now, our own is to face the new challenge.”

Just as news of the defection of Osoba and others gained ground, the SSA on Environment to Amosun told The PUNCH that he had resigned. His resignation came barely two months after the Special Adviser to the governor on Environment, Abimbola Lanre-Balogun, quit.

Odunowo, in his resignation letter dated October 31, 2014 and addressed to the Secretary to the State Government, Taiwo Adeoluwa, said he wanted to pursue a new opportunity, which has ‘‘presented itself.’’

Part of the letter read, “This is to inform you that an opportunity has presented itself that will enable me to work in the area of my stated preference.

“I believe the reasons leading to this decision are known to you and I will therefore leave them unsaid at this time.

“I am therefore tendering my resignation letter and wish to inform you that 5th November, 2014, will be my last day in employment.”

Odunowo thanked the governor for the opportunity given him to serve, describing it as a ‘‘truly outstanding experience.’’

Odunowo told our correspondent that he resigned to pursue his senatorial ambition, stressing that he wanted to effect a change for the people of Ogun East.

http://www.punchng.com/news/osoba-ogun-deputy-gov-others-dump-apc/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osoba, Ogun Deputy Gov, Others Dump APC by BigBizzy(m): 5:14am On Nov 06, 2014
he resigned to pursue his ambition

that says it all
Re: Osoba, Ogun Deputy Gov, Others Dump APC by dejt4u(m): 5:16am On Nov 06, 2014
Ogun state APC on the brink of collapsing.. Good news for PDP be dat oo

10 Likes

Re: Osoba, Ogun Deputy Gov, Others Dump APC by tit(f): 5:17am On Nov 06, 2014
Obj has to register a party for this people.
Re: Osoba, Ogun Deputy Gov, Others Dump APC by Nobody: 5:19am On Nov 06, 2014
Combination of All house of reps members, All Ex Governors, All assembly members including d Senators cannot and Wil never defeat One Amosun.. so dy can go. very irrelevant..

6 Likes

Re: Osoba, Ogun Deputy Gov, Others Dump APC by bigFOOTcaveMAN(m): 5:19am On Nov 06, 2014
Prostitutes, Politicians and Pastors, this 3Ps, fear them cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Osoba, Ogun Deputy Gov, Others Dump APC by bigFOOTcaveMAN(m): 5:21am On Nov 06, 2014
olatunji21:
Combination of All house of reps members, All Ex Governors, All assembly members including d Senators cannot and Wil never defeat One Amosun.. so dy can go. very irrelevant..
You wish cheesy. No need for emotions bro, even amosun go soon surprise you when im decamp to LP grin

16 Likes

Re: Osoba, Ogun Deputy Gov, Others Dump APC by sammyyoung2(m): 5:22am On Nov 06, 2014
Hmmm
Re: Osoba, Ogun Deputy Gov, Others Dump APC by seunlayi(m): 5:36am On Nov 06, 2014
see their lives, they can't go back to PDP again. smh

1 Like

Re: Osoba, Ogun Deputy Gov, Others Dump APC by stinggy(m): 5:54am On Nov 06, 2014
Saw this coming
Re: Osoba, Ogun Deputy Gov, Others Dump APC by ichidodo: 6:03am On Nov 06, 2014
Amosun is a goner without political bulwarks like Osoba...

8 Likes

Re: Osoba, Ogun Deputy Gov, Others Dump APC by rodbel(m): 6:09am On Nov 06, 2014
ichidodo:
Amosun is a goner without political bulwarks like Osoba...

Excuse me pls! You call Osoba a political bulwark U definitely do not know jack s.hit bout ogun state politics and the tyranny of the man called Osoba. He handed over Ogun state to PDP back then with his "mis-rule" and horrible leadership.

He and his folks has got nothing on Ogun state.

5 Likes

Re: Osoba, Ogun Deputy Gov, Others Dump APC by politricks: 6:10am On Nov 06, 2014
Uncle please tell us a story.

2 Likes

Re: Osoba, Ogun Deputy Gov, Others Dump APC by Omexonomy: 6:22am On Nov 06, 2014
bigFOOTcaveMAN:

why bringing pastors into the issue the issue is about politician changin party like wrapper.

3 Likes

Re: Osoba, Ogun Deputy Gov, Others Dump APC by Omexonomy: 6:25am On Nov 06, 2014
rodbel:

Excuse me pls! You call Osoba a political bulwark U definitely do not know jack s.hit bout ogun state politics and the tyranny of the man called Osoba. He handed over Ogun state to PDP back then with is "mis-rule" and horrible leadership.

He and his folks has got nothing on Ogun state.
that was what we ar told about fayemi so tell us another thing/story

4 Likes

Re: Osoba, Ogun Deputy Gov, Others Dump APC by onatisi(m): 6:25am On Nov 06, 2014
seunlayi:
see their lives, they can't go back to PDP again. smh
pdp doesn't need them
Re: Osoba, Ogun Deputy Gov, Others Dump APC by onatisi(m): 6:26am On Nov 06, 2014
Omexonomy:
that was what we ar told about fayemi so tell us another thing/story
no need replying people like that. He doesn't know anything about politics . Just let him be .

1 Like

Re: Osoba, Ogun Deputy Gov, Others Dump APC by Omexonomy: 6:29am On Nov 06, 2014
Long time no see
onatisi:
no need replying people like that. He doesn't know anything about politics . Just let him be .
Re: Osoba, Ogun Deputy Gov, Others Dump APC by onatisi(m): 6:34am On Nov 06, 2014
olatunji21:
I have always said it ,that there is no miracle that can stop apc from dropping 2 or more states in the south west. Oyo,ogun and kwara state are almost gone .there is no way amosun can win against these parties. Each of these decamped politicians have his or her own supporters in apc and once they move out their supporters will follow them which will weaken the apc. What is obvious now is that apc in ogun state is weaker . And for those who keep shouting amosun amosun ,they should know that in nigeria politics you can never remove godfatherism ,many voters in nigeria vote for candidates not because they know or believe in that candidate but because a god father or a powerful person tells them they should. That is the reason why any serious politician in lagos state runs to tinubu for approval

8 Likes

Re: Osoba, Ogun Deputy Gov, Others Dump APC by onatisi(m): 6:36am On Nov 06, 2014
Omexonomy:
Long time no see
bros ,I just dey jare . How is life ? I hope everything is good .
Re: Osoba, Ogun Deputy Gov, Others Dump APC by Johnnyessence(m): 6:44am On Nov 06, 2014
God father won't be allow in Yoruba land governor
amosun av performed well in Ogun state God fatherism
in Yoruba land av been destroyed since when d past
God father doesn't succeed in their bid bringing their
own people in d government dictating to whom they
want osoba d god father of politics in Ogun state av fail
this time in stopping amosun d performing governor
from not be reelect for second term people of Ogun
state av endorsed amosun second term no doubt about
that.all d 20 local government av endorsed
amosun .people will vote for personality not party osoba
is old enough to be controlling amosun to d extent of
persuading amosun to elect his camp to d government
its impossible this time .osoba av lost it big time if he
thinks he will rally around his people to vote out
amosun in Ogun state he has fail in his bid even baba
obasanjo av endorsed amosun .let see how it unfold.

2 Likes

Re: Osoba, Ogun Deputy Gov, Others Dump APC by Chaleeee: 6:47am On Nov 06, 2014
bigFOOTcaveMAN:

1 Like

Re: Osoba, Ogun Deputy Gov, Others Dump APC by Nobody: 6:49am On Nov 06, 2014
onatisi:
I have always said it ,that there is no miracle that can stop apc from dropping 2 or more states in the south west. Oyo,ogun and kwara state are almost gone .there is no way amosun can win against these parties. Each of these decamped politicians have his or her own supporters in apc and once they move out their supporters will follow them which will weaken the apc. What is obvious now is that apc in ogun state is weaker . And for those who keep shouting amosun amosun ,they should know that in nigeria politics you can never remove godfatherism ,many voters in nigeria vote for candidates not because they know or believe in that candidate but because a god father or a powerful person tells them they should. That is the reason why any serious politician in lagos state runs to tinubu for approval
bro Apc cannot lose in Kwara(definitely not).. OYO would b very tight... As for Ogun d pple are sympathetic to Amosun.. he has effectively played d victim card.. Forget godfather in ogun politics..A former President lost his poll... An Incumbent speaker(Bankole) lost also... Not forgetting Amosun's popularity and wide acceptability.

3 Likes

Re: Osoba, Ogun Deputy Gov, Others Dump APC by Nobody: 6:53am On Nov 06, 2014
bigFOOTcaveMAN:

You wish cheesy. No need for emotions bro, even amosun go soon surprise you when im decamp to LP grin
Amosun need not decamp anylonger bro.. They left for him already...
Re: Osoba, Ogun Deputy Gov, Others Dump APC by onatisi(m): 7:01am On Nov 06, 2014
olatunji21:

bro Apc cannot lose in Kwara(definitely not).. OYO would b very tight... As for Ogun d pple are sympathetic to Amosun.. he has effectively played d victim card.. Forget godfather in ogun politics..A former President lost his poll... An Incumbent speaker(Bankole) lost also... Not forgetting Amosun's popularity and wide acceptability.
thanks for ur mature reply. But believe me ,kwara is for pdp. The only state out of the 3 which I mentioned that is maybe 60% sure for apc is oyo state ,and that is due to the fact that ladoja is keen on contesting and if he contests that will mean 3 big parties with equal porpularity will be going to the polls,that is why pdp and gej are trying to woo ladoja back to pdp with the governorship ticket so that both accoord and pdp will merge,if this doesn't happen then ajimobi has a chance. In the case of ogun,you have to realize that the greatest problem any party can have is if your members turn against you. The apc faction that just left now are not keen on winning but they are the ones who will do everything to make sure that amosun loses. The in fighting in apc is what will cause its downfall in ogun state. Tinubu knows this and this necessitated his visit to obj so that obj can instruct his boys in ogun pdp to decamp to apc and neutralize the negative effect of osoba defection on the party.that is the only thing that can save amosun ,forget the issue of amosun popularity how many of those shouting and hailing amosun has voters cards ?

1 Like

Re: Osoba, Ogun Deputy Gov, Others Dump APC by dridowu: 7:02am On Nov 06, 2014
They can join any party of their choice, as far as they did not join PDP am less concerned.
Re: Osoba, Ogun Deputy Gov, Others Dump APC by Urine: 7:04am On Nov 06, 2014
There's no way Amosu will loose, Ogun state folks love him like crazy. The worst part of the issue is that there's no credible candidate challenging him. As for folks like Osoba and Kaka, they won't even win their wards. If not for Tinubu that gave them a lift after Gbenga Daniel chased them into hiding we won't be in this mess today.

5 Likes

Re: Osoba, Ogun Deputy Gov, Others Dump APC by DonaldGenes(m): 7:14am On Nov 06, 2014
Let me hazard a guess; "I think this is good for biz" politically "

Anyway, iCare less
Re: Osoba, Ogun Deputy Gov, Others Dump APC by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 06, 2014
onatisi:
thanks for ur mature reply. But believe me ,kwara is for pdp. The only state out of the 3 which I mentioned that is maybe 60% sure for apc is oyo state ,and that is due to the fact that ladoja is keen on contesting and if he contests that will mean 3 big parties with equal porpularity will be going to the polls,that is why pdp and gej are trying to woo ladoja back to pdp with the governorship ticket so that both accoord and pdp will merge,if this doesn't happen then ajimobi has a chance. In the case of ogun,you have to realize that the greatest problem any party can have is if your members turn against you. The apc faction that just left now are not keen on winning but they are the ones who will do everything to make sure that amosun loses. The in fighting in apc is what will cause its downfall in ogun state. Tinubu knows this and this necessitated his visit to obj so that obj can instruct his boys in ogun pdp to decamp to apc and neutralize the negative effect of osoba defection on the party.that is the only thing that can save amosun ,forget the issue of amosun popularity how many of those shouting and hailing amosun has voters cards ?
In Kwara.. i stil maintain that APC Rules.. PDP has too many individuals with governorship ambition..Gbemi, Belgore, Ajadi etc.. this might b their major undoing.. As for "nw" Saraki is too strong to b defeated...
Oyo politics is very interesting..It is very tight. i believe or hope Ajumobi prevails....
OGbomosho to AKala
Ibadan wil b shared by d three candidate(Ajumobi with d upperhand here)
Oyo Town wil b d tile breaker.. whosoever wins Oyo towns is sure d nxt governor...
And Then Ogun.
i stil believe Amosun has Successfully played d Victim card.. without them he stil wins.. Amosun runs an all inclusive government, he has no major rival outside of APC... Bankole, Daniel, Olurin, Kashamu etc would b floored by Amosun anyday anytime..
2015 is around d corner..

2 Likes

Re: Osoba, Ogun Deputy Gov, Others Dump APC by GuyFawkes: 7:32am On Nov 06, 2014
onatisi:

To be realistic Kwara is signed,sealed and delivered for APC, Oyo is 50/50 due to the Ladoja factor and no governor has ever used 2 terms, Ogun will still vote APC I think the Osoba faction is frustrated they can't control Amosun.

3 Likes

Re: Osoba, Ogun Deputy Gov, Others Dump APC by nigerianvenom(m): 7:42am On Nov 06, 2014
APC is falling like a pack of card

1 Like

Re: Osoba, Ogun Deputy Gov, Others Dump APC by akumada1: 7:45am On Nov 06, 2014
The day i read the letter the deputy wrote to his boss i know that there is fire on the mountain. Amosun should start plan B before it's late.

(1) (2) (Reply)

apostle johnson suleman 2014 Prophesy.....confirmations / I Tot Nigerian Leaders Are D Worst ...until I Saw Leaders 4rm Turkey(video) / IPOB Vows To Take Up Arms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.