Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,407 members, 7,812,204 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

GEJ Is A Leader By Chance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Is A Leader By Chance (1299 Views)

News Breaking!! Obiano Of Apga Is Not A Worthy Igbo Leader-by Pat Utomi / Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos / ABACHA, Our Great Leader! By Wale Salami (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Is A Leader By Chance by fyneboi79(m): 8:41am On Nov 06, 2014
Its the political season and every one is free to talk but only a few actually communicate.I have decided to post this little write up to bring to the surface reasons why we should be careful when voting for a leader.
So without much ado,I will like to briefly talk about types of leaderships that we have witnessed in Nigeria.
1. Leadership by chance: Like we all know our present head of state GEJ came to prominence by chance when we lost our dear President Yar Adua after a prolonged illness. And so he was necessarily not prepared for that position and has remained clueless ever since.
2.Leadership by Passion: During the Buhari regime,there was strict adherence to rules and due process coupled with a passion to build a great Nation Nigeria devoid of corruption.
3.Leadership by Force: Abacha is the best example of a leader who came to power through the use of force.
4.Leadership by election: OBJ is the best example of a leader who came to power in Nigeria by election after he left prison.
5.Leadership by Authority: Mandela comes to mind as no present or past Nigerian leader has ever wielded such authority devoid of campaign and money sharing.
6.Leadership by corruption: IBB is the best example of this kind of leadership as his regime thrived on corruption and the practice of "Steal and let me steal".
SO LET US VOTE WISELY grin
Re: GEJ Is A Leader By Chance by chibwike(m): 8:55am On Nov 06, 2014
Gej till 2020
Re: GEJ Is A Leader By Chance by kmoneyman: 8:59am On Nov 06, 2014
Yes we all know that GEJ is clueless and I can't wait to vote for change as we prepare to elect Buhari come 2015. Thanks anyway for the further exposure of the culprits

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Leader By Chance by fyneboi79(m): 9:05am On Nov 06, 2014
chibwike:
Gej till 2020
Just say :Chibwike suffering continues till 2020 grin A follower is as smart or as dumb as his leader.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Leader By Chance by bossminded: 9:11am On Nov 06, 2014
Ain't we all product of chances It's by chance u bcame d first sperm to fertillize ur mothers egg, it's by chance u bcame a boi nt a girl and also it's by chance u didn't die d oda day u missed an accident....

In d school of life there is nothing like "chance" at this stage we call it grace

Point of correction Mr man, unlike charges attracts dy told us in school.... problem naturally re attracted towards their solution...if life continues to give Jonathan a "chance" then I blive he has a solution( evidence re evriwhere)

If buhari d 70yrs old soldier cum civilian dt needs power at all cost, rules Nigeria well we shouldn't av been where we re at this point in tym..mind u this is d same buhari dt promised to make nigerian ungovernable take a look at boko haram (I am nt pointing fingers)

If u re so lost dt u've nt realised dt today is d future dy told us in school den, I just but wonder.....

Mr fynboi how old re u? Do u tink u re too young to make an impact in this country
What do a 70yrs old man with one leg in d grave has to offer an almost dying country, a total religious bigot and random liar.

U think PDP is bad right? I bet u APC is worse, it's like a recycling machine for politicians.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Leader By Chance by chibwike(m): 9:19am On Nov 06, 2014
fyneboi79:
Just say :Chibwike suffering continues till 2020 grin A follower is as smart or as dumb as his leader.
Gej...is not a dumb leader...he is trying his best....i dont see any buharu or watever u call him performing better than him.
Re: GEJ Is A Leader By Chance by fyneboi79(m): 9:31am On Nov 06, 2014
bossminded:
Ain't we all product of chances It's by chance u bcame d first sperm to fertillize ur mothers egg, it's by chance u bcame a boi nt a girl and also it's by chance u didn't die d oda day u missed an accident....

In d school of life there is nothing like "chance" at this stage we call it grace

Point of correction Mr man, unlike charges attracts dy told us in school.... problem naturally re attracted towards their solution...if life continues to give Jonathan a "chance" then I blive he has a solution( evidence re evriwhere)

If buhari d 70yrs old soldier cum civilian dt needs power at all cost, rules Nigeria well we shouldn't av been where we re at this point in tym..mind u this is d same buhari dt promised to make nigerian ungovernable take a look at boko haram (I am nt pointing fingers)
If u re so lost dt u've nt realised dt today is d future dy told us in school den, I just but wonder.....

Mr fynboi how old re u? Do u tink u re too young to make an impact in this country
What do a 70yrs old man with one leg in d grave has to offer an almost dying country, a total religious bigot and random liar.

U think PDP is bad right? I bet u APC is worse, it's like a recycling machine for politicians.
I like ur civil approach cos I also like being civil,but my brother don't ‎u think corruption is thriving in this GEJ dispensation? Don't you think d powers that be are not letting him work cos he cannot stand up to them?Don't you think he is trying to please a few at the expense of the majority?
I clamour for Buhari becos he has nothing to lose when he stands up to d cabals which I believe GEJ cannot do becos he has a longer time to still rule and fight for other ambitions.Now I believe Buhari is only trying to make a last salvage attempt at fixing Nigeria even at d expense of his life.Buhari is a passionate man and I believe he should be given a chance to fix Nigeria.You call Buhari a religious bigot and a liar.......have ‎u even watched any recorded video or audio where he made any anti christian comments other than what ‎u hear from Pdp hoodrats undecided

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Leader By Chance by fyneboi79(m): 9:43am On Nov 06, 2014
chibwike:
Gej...is not a dumb leader...he is trying his best....i dont see any buharu or watever u call him performing better than him.
Give me reasons why I should vote for GEJ?Mention reasons why he should be left to remain in power for another four long years?

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Leader By Chance by bossminded: 9:47am On Nov 06, 2014
fyneboi79:
I like ur civil approach cos I also like being civil,but my brother don't ‎u think corruption is thriving in this GEJ dispensation? Don't you think d powers that be are not letting him work cos he cannot stand up to them?Don't you think he is trying to please a few at the expense of the majority?
I clamour for Buhari becos he has nothing to lose when he stands up to d cabals which I believe GEJ cannot do becos he has a longer time to still rule and fight for other ambitions.Now I believe Buhari is only trying to make a last salvage attempt at fixing Nigeria even at d expense of his life.Buhari is a passionate man and I believe he should be given a chance to fix Nigeria.

D truth be said sir, buhari isn't concerned abt d country, these men re after 2 things....1) pocket and 2) imposing islamic

Do u actually think buhari wuld fight his own ppl wen he gt d power he is so much fighting for?

Bro u neva tire to see old man making old decisions dt wuld affect our lives

Let me tell u my pain,

Every man educated or not above d age of 40yrs in 1 way or anoda contributed to d Nigeria we re suffering today, no matter hw awesome u think u re or hw sucessful u re at the moment, bliv me u re living a lower destiny, d probability of living and dying a local champion in this country is high ( even if u like travel abroad every summer)

This ppl sold d country for private gain, d sold d our future and d future of our children, dis very same buhari was once in power dt means he has a lot of blame to bear in d regard.

These ppl took d future of this country and locked it up in private swiss account,

Opportunity cums but ones what we need is change, no recycled old soldier, times has change, if. He didn't make much impact den he wuldnt try nw.... beside nw he has nothing much to loose in d nxt 20 to 30yrs he is closer to where he is going to den where he is cuming frm...

The man has nothing to loose if he get power now he cn do what he so wishes.

That is my fear!!
Re: GEJ Is A Leader By Chance by focus7: 9:52am On Nov 06, 2014
Position does not make leadership. In my opinion Jonathan is not a leader but in position by chance. Many without positions are better leader than Jonathan, leadership is by influencing lives. Anyway with the record he has made with corruptions and the perpetrators being shield by him, I can rate him as the supreme head of corruption.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Leader By Chance by fyneboi79(m): 10:36am On Nov 06, 2014
bossminded:

D truth be said sir, buhari isn't concerned abt d country, these men re after 2 things....1) pocket and 2) imposing islamic

Do u actually think buhari wuld fight his own ppl wen he gt d power he is so much fighting for?

Bro u neva tire to see old man making old decisions dt wuld affect our lives

Let me tell u my pain,

Every man educated or not above d age of 40yrs in 1 way or anoda contributed to d Nigeria we re suffering today, no matter hw awesome u think u re or hw sucessful u re at the moment, bliv me u re living a lower destiny, d probability of living and dying a local champion in this country is high ( even if u like travel abroad every summer)

This ppl sold d country for private gain, d sold d our future and d future of our children, dis very same buhari was once in power dt means he has a lot of blame to bear in d regard.

These ppl took d future of this country and locked it up in private swiss account,

Opportunity cums but ones what we need is change, no recycled old soldier, times has change, if. He didn't make much impact den he wuldnt try nw.... beside nw he has nothing much to loose in d nxt 20 to 30yrs he is closer to where he is going to den where he is cuming frm...

The man has nothing to loose if he get power now he cn do what he so wishes.

That is my fear!!
I fear even the youths (40-50 yrs)taking over the affairs of this Nation because it becomes a learning field were they learn tru mistakes on the job. How many. Corruption allegations have been levelled against Buhari? All ‎u people can come up with is religion,religion and only religion.
How many past head of states have left office without one corruption allegation or the other in terms of finance
Yes I know that my life is not as qualitative as it should be due to people like GEJ,but I still believe in a greater future if we do the right thing at the forth coming elections.All ‎u GEJ supporters can say is religion,pls bring up a better argument rather than echo what pdp good for nothing leaders have drummed into ur ears. Pls be wise and stop all this religious nonsense.There is so much financial dirt on Gej already that you can't hide.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Leader By Chance by john403: 10:38am On Nov 06, 2014
Re: GEJ Is A Leader By Chance by JEITO: 11:40am On Nov 06, 2014
OP whether by chance, anointing, induction,election or whatever,give me leadership by achievements. That's wat we need..
Re: GEJ Is A Leader By Chance by davo3286: 12:26pm On Nov 06, 2014
All I hear is Buhari this, Buhari that. Who is Buhari and which Buhari are we talking about? When he was military head of state and head of the supreme military council what did he do to better Nigeria for Nigerians? Despite the fact that he was supreme and had absolute powers unlike in democracy where power is shared. Buhari that I know cannot fit in democracy because he is not flexible. He is rigid! And rigidity is not good for democracy.

Now, talking about corruption. Buhari WILL NOT be able to fight corruption as a civilian president because he will have many other things and people to contend with and because he is CORRUPTION personified. 99.9% of us here are corrupt or have corrupt tendencies. When some students tell their parents the need money to buy e.g 15 textbooks whereas its only 8 they need and they pocket the remaining cash. Some are even so wicked and corrupt that they collect more than 100k for final year GROUP project that shouldn't cost up to 50k or less. Now, when this kind of person gets into any leadership position and he/she is entrusted with state funds what do you expect?! If you cannot quote the true amount of money that you need to your parents or guardian then you will always over inflate projects cost for your selfish gains when you're minister for instance. Those people we point fingers at as corrupt were just ordinary people like us. They started in the same community as we are now. So, if we cannot try to discard our corrupt tendencies now before we get there we will not be able to discard it when we eventually get there. We should not forget this aspect.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Leader By Chance by kolaaderin: 1:20pm On Nov 06, 2014
chibwike:
Then we are sorry his best is not just enough. We need a more competent person to tacle more pressing issues that may distroy this nation which he has shown he can not deliver. "Security and corruption"

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Leader By Chance by ogbronx(m): 3:04pm On Nov 06, 2014
davo3286:
All I hear is Buhari this, Buhari that. Who is Buhari and which Buhari are we talking about? When he was military head of state and head of the supreme military council what did he do to better Nigeria for Nigerians? Despite the fact that he was supreme and had absolute powers unlike in democracy where power is shared. Buhari that I know cannot fit in democracy because he is not flexible. He is rigid! And rigidity is not good for democracy.

Now, talking about corruption. Buhari WILL NOT be able to fight corruption as a civilian president because he will have many other things and people to contend with and because he is CORRUPTION personified. 99.9% of us here are corrupt or have corrupt tendencies. When some students tell their parents the need money to buy e.g 15 textbooks whereas its only 8 they need and they pocket the remaining cash. Some are even so wicked and corrupt that they collect more than 100k for final year GROUP project that shouldn't cost up to 50k or less. Now, when this kind of person gets into any leadership position and he/she is entrusted with state funds what do you expect?! If you cannot quote the true amount of money that you need to your parents or guardian then you will always over inflate projects cost for your selfish gains when you're minister for instance. Those people we point fingers at as corrupt were just ordinary people like us. They started in the same community as we are now. So, if we cannot try to discard our corrupt tendencies now before we get there we will not be able to discard it when we eventually get there. We should not forget this aspect.
There are many things you don't know but I will ask questions to stimulate your critical reasoning to better understand issues around Buhari .
Who has faced more panels and probes as ex head of state more often than Buhari? Who has also been found clean on numerous occasions to be corruption free?
Why has Buhari not joined the cabal of PDP ? does he not stand a better chance there?
another question; why does the ruling class and cabal dread the man to assume the office of the presidency?
What is the main problem of Nigeria today? corruption right? corruption brought the myriad of problems facing us today right? Do you honestly believe any PDP candidate would fight corruption?
Most bigots and those who fear without reason or proof are usually "one-located" individual who never left their hometowns, states or regions .
This is the problem we have today because Nigerians are easily deceived and PDP is the father of lies.
Nigeria would not survive another four years of pdp 's rule

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Leader By Chance by iamodenigbo1(m): 3:25pm On Nov 06, 2014
life is about time and chance

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Leader By Chance by kalet55(m): 3:46pm On Nov 06, 2014
Very nice
Re: GEJ Is A Leader By Chance by davo3286: 1:22am On Nov 07, 2014
ogbronx:
There are many things you don't know but I will ask questions to stimulate your critical reasoning to better understand issues around Buhari .
Who has faced more panels and probes as ex head of state more often than Buhari? Who has also been found clean on numerous occasions to be corruption free?
Why has Buhari not joined the cabal of PDP ? does he not stand a better chance there?
another question; why does the ruling class and cabal dread the man to assume the office of the presidency?
What is the main problem of Nigeria today? corruption right? corruption brought the myriad of problems facing us today right? Do you honestly believe any PDP candidate would fight corruption?
Most bigots and those who fear without reason or proof are usually "one-located" individual who never left their hometowns, states or regions .
This is the problem we have today because Nigerians are easily deceived and PDP is the father of lies.

I'm only going to attend to two of your questions (in bold). The rest are useless.

Yes, the main problem of Nigeria today is corruption. But you fail to understand that corruption starts from you and me in our homes and society. For instance, if you cheated to score high in school there is a high tendency that you will embezzle and misappropriate funds when you eventually get there. Your so called clean Buhari is CORRUPTION personified. He is very corrupt because the process that brought him into power then was a corrupt process. Of course he cannot be pinned down now because he ordered and supervised the burning of all files that could indict him and because he was the head of the supreme council and has absolute powers as military head of state. So my guy leave this he is clean thing.

If you think no PDP would fight corruption then is it an APC candidate that would? If you think the crop of APC candidates and members brandishing themselves as corruption free and anticorruptin crusaders would fight corruption then I'm sorry for you. We know PDP is bad but APC is WORSE! I'd rather be glued to bad than worse.
Re: GEJ Is A Leader By Chance by fyneboi79(m): 4:10am On Nov 07, 2014
ogbronx:
My brother it equally baffles me that these people are either so blind to see or probably high on poverty and suffering that they have accepted it to be a way of life.Buhari is d only candidate brave enough to break that chain of corruption. BUHARI 2015
Re: GEJ Is A Leader By Chance by fyneboi79(m): 6:19am On Nov 07, 2014
davo3286:

I'm only going to attend to two of your questions (in bold). The rest are useless.

Yes, the main problem of Nigeria today is corruption. But you fail to understand that corruption starts from you and me in our homes and society. For instance, if you cheated to score high in school there is a high tendency that you will embezzle and misappropriate funds when you eventually get there. Your so called clean Buhari is CORRUPTION personified. He is very corrupt because the process that brought him into power then was a corrupt process. Of course he cannot be pinned down now because he ordered and supervised the burning of all files that could indict him and because he was the head of the supreme council and has absolute powers as military head of state. So my guy leave this he is clean thing.

If you think no PDP would fight corruption then is it an APC candidate that would? If you think the crop of APC candidates and members brandishing themselves as corruption free and anticorruptin crusaders would fight corruption then I'm sorry for you. We know PDP is bad but APC is WORSE! I'd rather be glued to bad than worse.
‎u ended up saying nothing here undecided
Re: GEJ Is A Leader By Chance by davo3286: 7:03am On Nov 07, 2014
fyneboi79:
‎u ended up saying nothing here undecided

I see you lack what to say. I thought you are going to put up a stronger aguement but hey here you are saying nothing because you agree with my points. Do have a pleasant day!
Re: GEJ Is A Leader By Chance by fyneboi79(m): 7:13am On Nov 07, 2014
davo3286:

I see you lack what to say. I thought you are going to put up a stronger aguement but hey here you are saying nothing because you agree with my points. Do have a pleasant day!
I don't agree with ‎u.But I just don't see a reason why I should reply someone who has made no point. Have a pleasant day too.
Re: GEJ Is A Leader By Chance by tit(f): 7:22am On Nov 07, 2014
what would you say of the guy that was drinkiing burantashi,
when IBB and David Mark and Sani Sami did coup and sent 504 to pick him up as head-of-state?
Re: GEJ Is A Leader By Chance by major466(m): 7:30am On Nov 07, 2014
Gen Buhari fought corruption with what?....Passion? This is the most ridiculous sentence I ever came across in Nairaland. History cannot be changed. Gen Buhari is the worst military dictator Nigeria had ever seen.
Re: GEJ Is A Leader By Chance by fyneboi79(m): 9:12am On Nov 07, 2014
major466:
Gen Buhari fought corruption with what?....Passion? This is the most ridiculous sentence I ever came across in Nairaland. History cannot be changed. Gen Buhari is the worst military dictator Nigeria had ever seen.
Even if it was Tunde Idiagbon carrying out the corruption crusade,‎u can't hide d fact that it was under his regime,his government as president that it happenedundecided who in dis current government is going all out against corruption That's right..nobody.
Even Objs government had the likes of Ribadu and Dora Akunyili fighting corruption.So pls ‎u guys should just bury ur heads in d sand and do what is expected of ‎u.........Vote BUHARI 2015 grin
Re: GEJ Is A Leader By Chance by Caseless: 9:19am On Nov 07, 2014
Gej is a pig built for aerial flight.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Leader By Chance by davo3286: 7:29am On Nov 08, 2014
fyneboi79:
I don't agree with ‎u.But I just don't see a reason why I should reply someone who has made no point. Have a pleasant day too.

tongue

(1) (Reply)

Ihedioha, Governors, Others Tear-gassed At PDP Secretariat / Has Gej's Lagos Campaign Been Cancelled? / Why I Am Leaving Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.