Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

How Many Blocks Do I Need ? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Many Blocks Do I Need ? (7528 Views)

How Many Blocks And Bags Of Cement Will Completed 3 Bedroom Flat Foundation. / Builders: How Many Blocks Is Recommended Per Bag Of Cement ? / How Many Blocks & Cement Will 3bedroom Flat Chops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Blocks Do I Need ? by safeman: 2:45pm On Nov 06, 2014
I just acquired half a plot of land in ikorodu and i am planning to build a storey building of 4 flat of 2 bedroom each.
Please educate me on how many blocks i will need to get the 2 flats down to decking level.
Also i need a good architect to help with designs and drawing.

1 Like

Re: How Many Blocks Do I Need ? by ejikeme(m): 3:41pm On Nov 06, 2014
the number of blocks depends on the design of the structure to be elected. we can discuss.
Re: How Many Blocks Do I Need ? by fendorf(m): 3:41pm On Nov 06, 2014
Contact us for your Granite,sharpsand and sandfilling. 07064696356 08053447675.fendorf2003@yahoo.com
Re: How Many Blocks Do I Need ? by safeman: 3:48pm On Nov 06, 2014
ejikeme:
the number of blocks depends on the design of the structure to be elected. we can discuss.

Thank you Ejikeme.. It will be s simple design of 2 bedroom with 2 toilet and a living room for the 2 flats up and down.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: How Many Blocks Do I Need ? by ejikeme(m): 3:55pm On Nov 06, 2014
safeman:

Thank you Ejikeme.. It will be s simple design of 2 bedroom with 2 toilet and a living room for the 2 flats up and down.
Thank you

Can you send me an email containing the size/dimensions of the land? that will enable me work up something for you.
Re: How Many Blocks Do I Need ? by safeman: 3:58pm On Nov 06, 2014
ejikeme:

Can you send me an email containing the size/dimensions of the land? that will enable me work up something for you.

Dimension is 30 by 120
Re: How Many Blocks Do I Need ? by ejikeme(m): 4:42pm On Nov 06, 2014
safeman:

Dimension is 30 by 120

wow....thats a real narrow one.. Will get back to you when I get back home. I hope 8pm won't be late..
Re: How Many Blocks Do I Need ? by darc: 4:57pm On Nov 06, 2014
you'll need about 4000 - 4200 blocks from foundation to decking level.
you can also contact me for your architectural drawings.
dakitect@gmail.com
Re: How Many Blocks Do I Need ? by safeman: 8:45pm On Nov 06, 2014
ejikeme:

wow....thats a real narrow one.. Will get back to you when I get back home. I hope 8pm won't be late..

Is 30 by 120 narrow for half plot ?
Re: How Many Blocks Do I Need ? by ejikeme(m): 6:00am On Nov 07, 2014
safeman:

Is 30 by 120 narrow for half plot ?

kind of. check your email.
Re: How Many Blocks Do I Need ? by cmoney22222: 7:50am On Nov 07, 2014
Following and what's your workman ship cost?
Re: How Many Blocks Do I Need ? by ejikeme(m): 8:36am On Nov 07, 2014
cmoney22222:
Following and what's your workman ship cost?

workmanship cost goes with location of the property at times.
Re: How Many Blocks Do I Need ? by cmoney22222: 11:54am On Nov 07, 2014
Let say like inside ikorudo and same detail of the op design on a one plot of land.. Will the 4000 blocks be okay?

ejikeme:

workmanship cost goes with location of the property at times.
Re: How Many Blocks Do I Need ? by ejikeme(m): 9:14pm On Nov 07, 2014
cmoney22222:
Let say like inside ikorudo and same detail of the op design on a one plot of land.. Will the 4000 blocks be okay?

sure...it will do.
Re: How Many Blocks Do I Need ? by eghosajohnny: 7:38am On Nov 08, 2014
Good morning all I have a little contribution on this tread and as it stands the building is going to take 4500 blocks to the decking level considering the fact that the land is leveled and if not it will be more than that I am a builder and I know what I'm saying and below is a 3d of the building on a 30by120 plot though this one is just a 2bdrm flat not 2 flat but the back can continue the other flat.

You can call this number if in need of more assistance.

Re: How Many Blocks Do I Need ? by cmoney22222: 10:13am On Nov 08, 2014
ejikeme:

sure...it will do.
cost of workmanship pls
Re: How Many Blocks Do I Need ? by egopersonified(f): 12:19pm On Nov 08, 2014
Can someone help with how many bags of cement is needed to set 1000 blocks(5 inches)?
Re: How Many Blocks Do I Need ? by safeman: 3:56pm On Nov 08, 2014
eghosajohnny:
Good morning all I have a little contribution on this tread and as it stands the building is going to take 4500 blocks to the decking level considering the fact that the land is leveled and if not it will be more than that I am a builder and I know what I'm saying and below is a 3d of the building on a 30by120 plot though this one is just a 2bdrm flat not 2 flat but the back can continue the other flat.

You can call this number if in need of more assistance.

Thank you eghosajohnny: So 4500 blocks will take the 2 flats to decking level ?
Re: How Many Blocks Do I Need ? by eghosajohnny: 4:44pm On Nov 08, 2014
Exactly sir, for that building the numbers of blocks I stated will take it to the level but you must do lone thing for which is you must get this blocks little by little cos that way it will not be destroyed cos if you have bring them to site the worker will mismanage the blocks in the process some will be destroyed.

For the workmanship it not will be more than 700-800k depend on the person managing the project.

any other question do not hesitate to write on the tread and
I will answer as soon ass I visit the tread.
Re: How Many Blocks Do I Need ? by safeman: 5:04pm On Nov 08, 2014
eghosajohnny:
Exactly sir, for that building the numbers of blocks I stated will take it to the level but you must do lone thing for which is you must get this blocks little by little cos that way it will not be destroyed cos if you have bring them to site the worker will mismanage the blocks in the process some will be destroyed.

For the workmanship it not will be more than 700-800k depend on the person managing the project.

any other question do not hesitate to write on the tread and
I will answer as soon ass I visit the tread.

Thank you very much sir, you ve been very helpful..
I am looking at using 9 inch blocks for the foundation and 6 inches to raise it up to decking level.
Also can i get an idea of what it will cost to do the decking ?
Re: How Many Blocks Do I Need ? by eghosajohnny: 5:40am On Nov 09, 2014
safeman:

Thank you very much sir, you ve been very helpful..
I am looking at using 9 inch blocks for the foundation and 6 inches to raise it up to decking level.
Also can i get an idea of what it will cost to do the decking ?

Its a good idea on the way you've planned to use the blocks but my advice is you get about 2800 9" blocks and 1700 6" so that you can use the 9" on both the foundation and the surrounding of the building that way it will be helpfull and onthe decking it depends on how you are handling the project even if I tell you now that its 2.6m which I am sure I can handle it with you might be surprise some other builder would take more or less the funds to do the decking but I will advice you get some one to negotiate the decking with cos builders know how to controll workers more than client that's the secret there,the way a mason would want to work for his builder will be different if you are the client I'm sure you will take this from me but in all like I have said the labour to decking level is between 750-800k including the german floor and the decking 2.6m.

This is an ongoing project I am handling now

For any guide needed pls call

Re: How Many Blocks Do I Need ? by passe(m): 6:21am On Nov 09, 2014
@eghosajohnny:Out of the N2.6M estimated for Decking,how much of it goes into workmanship/Supervision? Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: How Many Blocks Do I Need ? by GamingGirl(f): 5:10pm On Sep 26, 2023
Contractors and builders in the house, please kindly update the price for the decking with current price of materials in Nigeria as of today.

I'm interested. Thanks.
Re: How Many Blocks Do I Need ? by MRFIXER001: 12:48am On Sep 27, 2023
It all depends on the total square meter if the slab you are taking about.

Sharing the drawings or dimension will be better for accurate estimation
GamingGirl:
Contractors and builders in the house, please kindly update the price for the decking with current price of materials in Nigeria as of today.

I'm interested. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Post Service Housing Kurudu Abuja. / Are Looking For Dredging Sites Where Quality Sharp Sand Is Available? / For Your Professional Roofing And Aluminum Works Check These Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.