Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,906 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

How Many Blocks & Cement Will 3bedroom Flat Chops - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Many Blocks & Cement Will 3bedroom Flat Chops (247853 Views)

How Many Bag Of Cement Will Plaster 3bedroom Inside And Outside With Floor.. / How Many Blocks And Bags Of Cement Will Completed 3 Bedroom Flat Foundation. / Builders: How Many Blocks Is Recommended Per Bag Of Cement ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Blocks & Cement Will 3bedroom Flat Chops by edogram1(m): 10:05pm On Jan 06, 2010
all esuite. and cost of aluminium roofing?
Re: How Many Blocks & Cement Will 3bedroom Flat Chops by edogram1(m): 2:40pm On Jan 09, 2010
is there no builder in the house?

i wanna know an extimate to build 3bed room flat all esuite.

cost of cement i mean how many bags of cement.
cost of blocks i mean how many blocks to be used.
Aluminium roffing i mean.

with a fence on a 100 by 50 land.

i wan just a small and low profile house no much designs.

1 Like

Re: How Many Blocks & Cement Will 3bedroom Flat Chops by edogram1(m): 6:40pm On Jan 09, 2010
hello
Re: How Many Blocks & Cement Will 3bedroom Flat Chops by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jan 09, 2010
If you dont mind. Mail me.

My email is below! Cheers
Re: How Many Blocks & Cement Will 3bedroom Flat Chops by edogram1(m): 7:26pm On Jan 09, 2010
@design5 thanks to you. give me the email.
Re: How Many Blocks & Cement Will 3bedroom Flat Chops by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 09, 2010
My email is below
Re: How Many Blocks & Cement Will 3bedroom Flat Chops by invisible2(m): 11:14pm On Jan 09, 2010
Standard 3 bedroom all ensuit will chop you around 50 bags of cement, 2000 blocks and around 800k for a good aluminium roof (wood included) the block estimate I gave you includes the sitting room, kitchen, store, visitors guest rooms. The cement I gave excludes the one for making blocks as I assumed you will buy the blocks. The cement is for chalking the blocks, laying blinding, flooring, plastering, lintels etc. Cheers.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Many Blocks & Cement Will 3bedroom Flat Chops by Benniewank(m): 11:48pm On Jan 09, 2010
invisible!:

Standard 3 bedroom all ensuit will chop you around 50 bags of cement, 2000 blocks and around 800k for a good aluminium roof (wood included) the block estimate I gave you includes the sitting room, kitchen, store, visitors guest rooms. The cement I gave excludes the one for making blocks as I assumed you will buy the blocks. The cement is for chalking the blocks, laying blinding, flooring, plastering, lintels etc. Cheers.

You kid me not. Not true at all. If you use 50 bags of cement to build a 3 bedroom, then how many bags did you use for the foundation, blinding, plastering (in and out), dressing, etc?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Blocks & Cement Will 3bedroom Flat Chops by invisible2(m): 12:12am On Jan 10, 2010
@benniewank, I have built far too many 3 bedrooms that I don't have to argue with you, so, give us your own estimates?

8 Likes

Re: How Many Blocks & Cement Will 3bedroom Flat Chops by okunoba(m): 3:42am On Jan 10, 2010
@invincible, can u or anyone please tell me the cost of roofing for a standard 3bed house using clay roof tiles. What types of clay roof tiles are available in the market? Are they produced in Nigeria and by which company. Any retailers of clay roof tiles.
Re: How Many Blocks & Cement Will 3bedroom Flat Chops by invisible2(m): 6:41am On Jan 10, 2010
Sorry okunoba, I have not used clay tiles before but I hear its more expensive than the aluminium or zink. I don't know much about their suppliers.
Re: How Many Blocks & Cement Will 3bedroom Flat Chops by edogram1(m): 9:00am On Jan 10, 2010
Thanks to you invisible?

but  invisable, you refuse to mention how many blocks are be made from each bags of cement.

why i am asking you this is that i was told you can only made 70-100 blocks  from one bag of cement or you buy blocks N100 per block. and i know for plastering inside in each rooms will take 5-6 bags of cements because of the ensuite as tile will be leyed.

i know only the fence and the gate piller will take alot of cement bags. and again i forget to ask how many tips of sand and granite are to be used also.

still dont understand if you or any body can clear this for me it will be grately appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: How Many Blocks & Cement Will 3bedroom Flat Chops by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 10, 2010
@ invisible, What type of 3 bedroom have you been building. People like you give NL clients a wrong impression. That's why they increasingly get confused and end up using the wrong hands.

50 bags is a mirage. I dont know the type of building that 50 bags will finish.

Break it down, how many bags do u use for

Foundation footing ------

Foundation Wall ------

Ground floor slab ------

Blockwork ------

Lintels and roof beam ------

Wall Rendering (Plastering) ------

Dressing of Windows, doors, burglary and other metal works ------

Floor and Wall Tilling ------

Electrical and Mechanical patching and fixtures ------

@ poster. I assure you might already be compiling misleading info.
Who told you that you can get 70 to 100 blocks (9" block I believe) from a bag of cement. That's a sand block.
Asides the fact that the blocks will not be good, more of it will be wasted during construction and I assure you that you will not enjoy that house in the rainy season.

The best you should insist if you are moulding your own block is 50 blocks (9") a bag. Remember it is not machine vibrated.

In my own opinion BUY blocks. Moulding urself is being Penny wise.

Cheers!!

@ Okunoba

Why the preference for clay tiles for a low budget building(3 bedroom bungalow). I use it alot but will never advice it for your type of building. The technicalities involved are just too much. For instance, it cannot be layed by just anybody who has not been specially trained. Even the roof structure must be done by carpenters experienced in it if you want to enjoy the house.

Pls just stick to the conventional Long span Aluminum. But if you insist on clay tiles, mail me, I will give you the details. Cheers!!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Many Blocks & Cement Will 3bedroom Flat Chops by invisible2(m): 11:01am On Jan 10, 2010
@edogram, a bag of cement yields 40-44 blocks if you are moulding 6" blocks (solid). That 70-100 blocks is just fallacy. Plastering and working tiles on a room with ensuit will take about 5 bags, a single room without any attachments (12x12) will usually take less than two bags to plaster.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Blocks & Cement Will 3bedroom Flat Chops by invisible2(m): 11:25am On Jan 10, 2010
@ design5, you could give your own estimates without sounding confrontational, in the end you didn't say how many bags you could use. You also failed to grasp one point, the poster didn't say the type of land he has to build, do you think the same estimate will serve for both a swampy land and a dry land? Some swampy areas will require so much material to stabilize the structure. The 12 room am doing now has gone past the lintel stage, just some blocks before I level it for roofing and I have not used up to 50 bags. We are talking three bedroom flat here and I assumed a dry land since I mostly build on dry land. Suggest, don't fight others.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Many Blocks & Cement Will 3bedroom Flat Chops by lonchi: 11:46am On Jan 10, 2010
@ Design5, your e-mail please
Re: How Many Blocks & Cement Will 3bedroom Flat Chops by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 10, 2010
@ lonchi     My emal is below my reply

@ invisible! No one is fighting. I even replied some of your other post
Irrespective of what you are doing, its impossible. I believe people need professional advice, thats why they come here. And I will not withhold it from them.

1) Every house no matter what area needs a foundation footing.

2) Every house no matter what area needs a concrete floor slab (Note I didnt say reinforced).
(THESE TWO ALONE TAKES MORE THAN 50 BAGS)

If you have built 12 rooms with less than 50 bags, it means that you don't have these two in place.
Now, I understand that these 12 rooms is for commercial use(rent), which justifies your action.

We will never advice anyone building his/her own house to do likewise. NEVER

Most people do this for local houses. But it is wrong. And only those who will live in the house will tell the story.

No offense intended.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: How Many Blocks & Cement Will 3bedroom Flat Chops by invisible2(m): 12:41pm On Jan 10, 2010
@design5, you mean you use fifty bags to do only floor slab and foundation footing alone? For a three bedroom bungalow (note I didn't say duplex) okay o, to every man his own ways. All am saying is that you can't use same materials for every type of land, or do you suggest using such materials in inland locations like the north?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Many Blocks & Cement Will 3bedroom Flat Chops by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 10, 2010
[b]Please if you are not a CORAN Certified Engineer, just keep off giving building advices. Building is something serious and DIY (Do it Yourself), isnt advisable. @poster, you can write me here and I can give you a detailed estimate of what it would cost.
I am just about done with this project in Mowe, and we used Step Tiles for the roof, and it cost 600,000k.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aasog31/4261709145/

Step tiles is about the newest design out right now. Alumium is expensive, but not as expensive. I will need your house plan emailed to me know to make precise calculation.
Thanks.

A'ASOG Nigeria Ltd
(Builders & Construction Management)

3 Likes

Re: How Many Blocks & Cement Will 3bedroom Flat Chops by invisible2(m): 3:18pm On Jan 10, 2010
@ aasog, its a free world, anyone can do anything he can, including giving advice as a pilot, nothing is unlearnable. You cannot because you are COREN certified insist on anyone taking only your advice without any other input from any quarters. I have a general business experience which includes sponsoring building projects for sale/rent and people can gain from my experience, including how I have been robbed blind in my first few buildings by wrong estimates by COREN certified surveyors. The guy just inflated everything and hid under COREN to defraud me. I am not looking for clients to build for, unlike you, so relax.

The fireworks can now begin.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Blocks & Cement Will 3bedroom Flat Chops by edogram1(m): 1:59pm On Jan 12, 2010
i want to start my project with no stoping, i hate uncompleted building, that is why i am asking all estimate to finish it off, dont what to start what i cannot finish.

I beleive i still need alot and alot of funds.

Thanks everybody

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: How Many Blocks & Cement Will 3bedroom Flat Chops by ahaba1: 3:24pm On Mar 31, 2010
I just did a 2 Bedroom Boyquaters in Ajah lagos,  i used 2000 blocks , so far 40 bags of cement without german floor yet ,  the block work is complete now ,  i was told i need about 20 bags of cement for german floor,  yesterday i got a quote for Roofing ( aluminuim Zinc ) but not full aluminuim i was told ,  The capenter said tha aluminium is not as thick as the one's from Companies ,  Quotation N350.000,
20 tonne filling sand N20.000
20 Tonne white sand N65000
workmanship so far without German floor N110.000,
Will keep you updated,

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Blocks & Cement Will 3bedroom Flat Chops by obijack: 3:56pm On Mar 31, 2010
Please the experts or those with experience should pls respond

I have 3 bedroom ensuite. The sitting room and kitchen has been cemented.

How many bags of cement and how tips of bedford tipper (sharp sand) will be enough be need.

Note laterite has already been used to fill it.

I have been on this project for about 4 years and I am determined to complete the screeding, windows, doors and others this year.

I just realised that these local guys I am using have been ripping me off big time.

By the way the project is in Ikorodu.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Blocks & Cement Will 3bedroom Flat Chops by dplordx(m): 4:08pm On Mar 31, 2010
my bq is just been done,the block work is completed.i didnt give it to the contractor who build the main house because the estimate is too high but suprisingly we have used 2300 blocks for the room self countain because of the 4 feet DPC.and i am not even feel happy with what i am seeing so far.the work is too rough and the rooms are badly measured and am worried the bricklayer i paid daily wages did a poor job.but thank god it is just a boys quarter.blocks,building materials etc depend on the space and how big your property will be.2 bedrooms flats are not the same.some are just 8 by 10 feet.some more smaller.some are bigger.it depends on the size.bes t of luck cool
Re: How Many Blocks & Cement Will 3bedroom Flat Chops by brabus(m): 8:47pm On Jun 04, 2010
@aasog, I must thank you for your expert contributions on nairaland. I want to believe that when it comes to building construction, there should be taste. Concerning using 50 bags of cement to build a 3 bedroom flat, it depends on quality and taste of the owner. I was always on my project site, so far we have used over 200 bags of cement.

Breakdown as follows:

4ft Raft for the back of the house being a water logged area ---------- 40

Foundation footing ------ 10 bags

Foundation Wall ------ 20 bags

Ground floor slab ------ 87 bags

Blockwork ------ 41 bags

Lintels and roof beam ------ 40 bags

I'm very sorry I am a DIY but I see nothing wrong in it if professional advice is being sought and followed to letter. I will post the pics of the building pretty soon so we can compare with any of the so called certified professional.

So far up to this level I've spent over N3m.

Bosun Davies

3 Likes

Re: How Many Blocks & Cement Will 3bedroom Flat Chops by Mobiann: 11:47am On Apr 27, 2011
Hi looking at all you have said so fear for me i think 50 bags of cement can be OK for 3bedroom flat knowing that it takes about 20 bags to arrange 1000 block for 2300 you need about 45 bags now will 5bags now do the remaining work i don't think so thanks
Re: How Many Blocks & Cement Will 3bedroom Flat Chops by Mobiann: 11:42am On Apr 02, 2012
Hi pls am working on a 4 bedroom flat need to know how many blocks i will need and cement also how much it will cost for Aluminum roof and other type of roofing
Re: How Many Blocks & Cement Will 3bedroom Flat Chops by salton: 10:47am On Apr 03, 2012
cost of roofing a moderate sized four bedroom bungalow with normal long span aluminum roofing sheets can range between 650 t0 800 thousand nail.( aluminium roofing sheets and wood work). I just did mine, mail nurelect@gmail.com for info.
Re: How Many Blocks & Cement Will 3bedroom Flat Chops by Mobiann: 2:04pm On Apr 03, 2012
Hi every one pls can anyone give someone good at roofing am doing some work at ikorodu
lonchi: @ Design5, your e-mail please
Re: How Many Blocks & Cement Will 3bedroom Flat Chops by Mobiann: 2:07pm On Apr 03, 2012
Mobiann: Hi every one pls can anyone give someone good at roofing am doing some work at ikorodu
adekunleatteh06@yahoo.com
Re: How Many Blocks & Cement Will 3bedroom Flat Chops by Mobiann: 3:14pm On Jul 24, 2012
Mobiann: Hi looking at all you have said so fear for me i think 50 bags of cement can be OK for 3bedroom flat knowing that it takes about 20 bags to arrange 1000 block for 2300 you need about 45 bags now will 5bags now do the remaining work i don't think so thanks
can any one give me a quote for a 4bed flat window work the sizes are 5x4ft 5 windows (2) 4x4ft 7 windows (3) 2x2ft 4 windows urgent pls
Re: How Many Blocks & Cement Will 3bedroom Flat Chops by Fordgate: 9:56am On Aug 10, 2012
IF I SEE THE BUILDING PLAN DRAWING THEN I WOULD GIVE YOU THE ESTIMATE YOU NEED.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.