Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,516 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Tambuwal : I Promise To Protect The Legislature - Mark - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tambuwal : I Promise To Protect The Legislature - Mark (507 Views)

Tambuwal: I Withdrew From Presidential Race In The Larger Interest / House Rejects Part-time Legislature Proposal / Jonathan’s Aide Disowns Okupe 's Comments On The Legislature (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tambuwal : I Promise To Protect The Legislature - Mark by drauj(m): 5:30pm On Nov 06, 2014
Senate President David Mark has vowed to protect the institution of the National Assembly over the recent withdrawal of security details attached to Speaker of the House of Representatives Aminu Tambuwal by the Federal Government.
The Inspector General of Police had last week ordered the withdrawal of all security personnel attached to the Speaker following his defection from the ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP) to the opposition All Progressives Congress (APC).
Speaking at the commencement of yesterday’s plenary, Senator Mark said as chairman of the National Assembly he will not fail in his duty of protecting the legislature.
 He argued that although the two chambers of the National Assembly do not interfere in each other’s affair especially that the matter is in court but said he won’t fold his arms while the lower house is in crisis.
“I am, therefore, going to do all I can to resolve the current impasse. Furthermore, the matter is already in a court of law, we cannot therefore discuss the issues here. I want to assure all of you that I will do the needful to protect and defend the legislature at all cost,” he added.
Some Senators both from the ruling PDP and the APC have attempted to table the matter before plenary yesterday but Daily Trust gathered that the Senate President prevailed on them not to do so as he was already handling the matter.
Source: http://dailytrust.com.ng/daily/news/38837-tambuwal-i-will-protect-the-legislature-mark

(1) (Reply)

WATCH VIDEO: Boko Haram Parades Captured Town While Residents Cheer / I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili / ....d(^_^)b

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.