Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,471 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Bank Has Launched A "Graduate Empowerment Savings Scheme" To Help Graduates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bank Has Launched A "Graduate Empowerment Savings Scheme" To Help Graduates (650 Views)

APC, Security Agents Scheme To Conduct Rivers Election Under Buhari's Govt– Wike / 90 Year Old Woman Donates Her N1m Life Savings To Buhari's Campaign / Ekiti Welfare Scheme To Benefit 52,000 Elders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bank Has Launched A "Graduate Empowerment Savings Scheme" To Help Graduates by black247: 12:43am On Nov 07, 2014
@bushido5 @bushid05

Nigeria! We can do well at home!

Mallam Ahmed Kuru (Managing Director/CEO, Enterprise Bank Limited) and other Executive Management staff

Enterprise Bank recently launched it SME titled the Enterprise Graduate Empowerment Scheme (EGES). It is a fund created by the Nigerian bank to fund, invest and and assist young and upcoming entrepreneurs in Nigeria.

This initiative is formulated to specially cater for young graduates who are brimming with ideas but do not have the financial capacity to bring their dreams to reality. According to Mallam Kurue, the initiative “is designed to bridge the gap that exists between the innovative entrepreneurial ideas of young school leavers and access to the right financial support to transform these ideas into concrete money making enterprises.“

Mallam Kuru added that EGES is also meant to access the relatively unbanked sector of the economy by altering the negative mindset of the public that Nigerian banks do not support new and growing businesses.

Nneka Onyeali-Ikpe (Executive Director, Lagos & South-West Banks) & Mallam Ahmed Kuru (Managing Director/CEO, Enterprise Bank Limited)

How the programme is ALREADY helping new graduates :

Yetunde Dehinbo, a graduate of Industrial Chemistry from the Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye and a participant in the programme, applauded the scheme, adding that “it is for people like me who really do not want to work for anybody.” She said: “…from day one, I have always known that I want to have my own business but there is no money to give expression to the business ideas that I have. I am currently into trading but will require assistance like EGES to take it to the next level.“

Speaking during the launch, the Managing Director/CEO stated that EGES is in line with both the Federal Government transformation agenda and that of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on growth towards promoting the Micro Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) sector of the economy.

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Election Was Illegal In 1999 And 2003 Under International Law / Lawyer, 38, Docked For Killing Man's Fowl, Breaking 19 Eggs / Here Is The Full Text Of President Jonathan’s Declaration Speech Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.