Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,995 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Who Is The Bigger Threat To Nigeria- President Jonathan Or Boko Haram ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is The Bigger Threat To Nigeria- President Jonathan Or Boko Haram ? (1346 Views)

Return Jonathan Or Forget One Nigeria – Ijaw People / Who Is The Bigger Threat To Nigeria – President Jonathan Or Boko-haram? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Bigger Threat To Nigeria- President Jonathan Or Boko Haram ? by kayjasper(f): 4:49am On Nov 07, 2014
Boko Haram will not be on the ballot in the upcoming presidential election, but Goodluck Jonathan will.

I recently read a report in a popular online magazine that claims the likelihood of Jonathan being re-elected is pretty good. What a troubling forecast. And it’s far more dangerous to Nigerians and to Africa as a whole than anything Boko Haram can conjure up.

So who, then, is the bigger threat to Nigeria? Is it Jonathan or Boko Haram? Yes, Boko Haram is a dreadful menace to Nigeria. But when Nigeria finally gets a strong leader, he will swat Boko Haram like a fly. Boko Haram is only as big a threat as the Nigerian president allows it to be. Instead of working to develop strategies to pull Nigeria into the 21st century, Jonathan is trotting the globe trying to win sympathy from the global community by comparing Boko Haram to the Taliban. What a waste of time from a president who really has no time, energy or other resources to waste.

If Nigerians re-elect Jonathan, I believe it is only a matter of time before Nigeria’s social, economic and political infrastructures fracture and Nigeria, in all her glory, will come tumbling down.The fact that Nigerians are unable to stand against Boko Haram is a direct reflection of its spineless, careless leaders. These leaders have decided that lining their pockets is more important than creating a country that is at peace and moving toward progress. These are leaders who have brazenly declared they are beyond accountability. They answer to no one. They are only concerned with what they siphon from Nigeria while they have access to her wealth and resources.

These are the real terrorists if you ask me. It is the only explanation I have for a group of leaders who would allow its children to be hunted, kidnapped and taken hostage for such a length of time. Every smart leader protects its children. The children are the future of a nation, the legacy. But Nigerian leaders have seen fit to sacrifice its children instead. So who is the real threat to Nigeria? A group of thieves who boldly report to work every day to systematically liquidate Nigeria’s assets and sacrifice its children or a band of bandits who are on the run and acting out when they can?

Nigeria’s leaders are supposed to be defenders and lawmakers! But the petroleum industry bill that should have been a top priority for the nation is mired in controversy and on the back burner of the legislative agenda.

A Good Long Look at Nigeria’s North Dakota

A few days ago, I watched a program on CNN about North Dakota, a U.S. state that I liken to Bayelsa in Nigeria.

Wealth and Poverty. Like Bayelsa, North Dakota has oil but that is where the similarities end. Unemployment in North Dakota is 2.6 percent, while in Bayelsa, unemployment hovers around 80 percent. North Dakota has a population of 700,000 and a GDP of $36 billion. The GDP of Bayelsa is only $4.3 billion with a population of about 1.7 million. As a state, North Dakota has recorded the highest income growth among all U.S. states since 2007. Poverty doesn’t exist in North Dakota. In Bayelsa, 70 percent of the population lives in poverty.

Oil. North Dakota pumps about 575,000 barrels of oil daily. Even though Bayelsa has one of the largest deposits of oil and gas in Nigeria, no one really knows how much is pumped or stolen daily. Like our leaders have proclaimed, they are accountable to no one so this kind of valuable information is shrouded in secrecy because of the weak leadership of our spineless Commander-in-Thief and the lackluster leadership of the dishonorable rogues who populate the National Assembly. We don’t know because the co-operation of the pot-bellied armed forces, the conspiracy of the union leaders, the greed of the village chiefs, the weakness of the press and the gullibleness of the general public make it impossible for us to hold anyone accountable.

[size=15pt] SOURCE[/size]

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Bigger Threat To Nigeria- President Jonathan Or Boko Haram ? by RoyalRoy(m): 4:55am On Nov 07, 2014
Jonathan and his band of Poli-thief-cians are a bigger threat to Nigeria than the Boko Haram sect.

Truth must be said!!

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Bigger Threat To Nigeria- President Jonathan Or Boko Haram ? by AbuMaryam1(m): 5:16am On Nov 07, 2014
op as if you didnt go to school, so you dont know Boko haram are president's siblings? he cant contained them, dont you know the president says corruption is not stealing, he cant fight it. Dont you know the president says he knows his siblings (BH) who are in his govt but yet no one has been prosecuted. The saTANics are his Ambassadors, the bling bling pastor is his priority. This is what will happened when you let a drunkard to drive the affairs of a society.

5 Likes

Re: Who Is The Bigger Threat To Nigeria- President Jonathan Or Boko Haram ? by focus7: 5:27am On Nov 07, 2014
Jonathan=Boko Haram. A re-election of Jonathan is a retainance of Boko Haram, so Nigerians vote wisely.

5 Likes

Re: Who Is The Bigger Threat To Nigeria- President Jonathan Or Boko Haram ? by win1234: 5:34am On Nov 07, 2014
that was u guys game plan for setting up BH, sabotaging every effort to end it & put the blame on the president.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Bigger Threat To Nigeria- President Jonathan Or Boko Haram ? by tit(f): 5:36am On Nov 07, 2014
Individual land owners in North Dakota own the oil.
The oil in Bayelsa is owned by Mai Zeribe of Borno state who would rather all the people in Bayelsa are dead.

Choice between GEJ and Boko Haram?
Except you read from Shekau's book and can say your "Allahu Akbar" to his satisfaction.
Shekau would delight in turning you to barbacue.
Governments are not quite inefficient in anything they do.
They wouldn't be too good at trying to kill, so any right thinking unbiased person would take his chances against the government.
Re: Who Is The Bigger Threat To Nigeria- President Jonathan Or Boko Haram ? by RoyalRoy(m): 5:37am On Nov 07, 2014
deeptechcool:
Jonathan government has outscored previous government in mediocrity, non-performance, propaganda and deceit in the school of sane judgement. His ineptitude is second to none. He should simply quit and register himself fully in Otuoke house of palmwine drinkers. This man is a joke.

---deeptechcool 2014

cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Bigger Threat To Nigeria- President Jonathan Or Boko Haram ? by SeverusSnape(m): 5:38am On Nov 07, 2014
Rhetorical question... But i think BH is more of a threat. Do you prefer Shakau being your president?

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Bigger Threat To Nigeria- President Jonathan Or Boko Haram ? by Yeske2(m): 5:42am On Nov 07, 2014
I'd rather dine and wine with the Boko boys than spend a minute with that evil called GEJ. Well written.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Bigger Threat To Nigeria- President Jonathan Or Boko Haram ? by ajani1978(m): 6:13am On Nov 07, 2014
Gej is more terrible than BH because BH say truth even when they kill, but Gej is a blody liers. Gej is a terror to Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Bigger Threat To Nigeria- President Jonathan Or Boko Haram ? by tit(f): 6:16am On Nov 07, 2014
these beasts must have been let loose from hades itself.
Re: Who Is The Bigger Threat To Nigeria- President Jonathan Or Boko Haram ? by jojomario(m): 6:33am On Nov 07, 2014
To every action, their is equal and opposite reaction. The present government of Nigeria decided to make BH more dreadful with the nonchalant attitude used in tackling the issue. I cant imagine a president who still not believe some girls were kidnapped few days after it happened despite early security reports by some inteligent concerned Nigerians. just SMH.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Bigger Threat To Nigeria- President Jonathan Or Boko Haram ? by chronique(m): 6:59am On Nov 07, 2014
@ OP: I personally think you're a joke! When you make comparisons and you want to be taken seriously,compare apples with apples;not apples with pineapples. You're comparing a state in the US where they've had independence for several years and have developed a system of running their affairs properly,with a state in Nigeria where we haven't been able to devise a meaningful way of running government efficiently without having the monster called corruption,biting us at will? How? You can't even compare North Dakota with Lagos(which is being touted as the most efficient and well governed state in Nigeria),and get a meaningful result. One thing is obvious,majority of the people who write about Nigeria,and compare them with America,obviously don't even know what is going on Nigeria. It is not bad to want a Nigeria,that is well developed. However,let your comparisons be done in reality;not based on fantacies.
Re: Who Is The Bigger Threat To Nigeria- President Jonathan Or Boko Haram ? by myboy2010(m): 7:28am On Nov 07, 2014
president Jonathan is a bigger threat to Nigerians than bh.... coz he faces all Nigerians while bhaji target only a section 4 nw... we still Neva start to reap the rewards of subsidy

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Bigger Threat To Nigeria- President Jonathan Or Boko Haram ? by Nobody: 7:32am On Nov 07, 2014
Jonathan is a bigger threat to Nigeria because he is the one solely giving breath to Boko-Haram

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Bigger Threat To Nigeria- President Jonathan Or Boko Haram ? by CharliParker: 7:38am On Nov 07, 2014
Badluck Ebele Jonathan

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Bigger Threat To Nigeria- President Jonathan Or Boko Haram ? by Caseless: 7:45am On Nov 07, 2014
Gej is a bigger threat than boko haram
Each time i sit down to reflect, i wonder how 22 million nigerians made the mistake of electing that effete called gej to rule us based on his religious inclination, region , ethnicity, and not base on what they think he can offer to make this country grow in all positive sense.
Those that vote gej the last time should go and ask God for forgiveness for being part of plan to destroy nigeria/nigerians.
Gej is a mistake that must be corrected in 2015!

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Bigger Threat To Nigeria- President Jonathan Or Boko Haram ? by larrymoore(m): 7:52am On Nov 07, 2014
Treat pose by Corruption is bigger than boko haram and jonathan combined.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Bigger Threat To Nigeria- President Jonathan Or Boko Haram ? by Lordlexyy: 8:07am On Nov 07, 2014
Pdp gov't is by far a more deadly and bloody conglomerate/ association compare to boko haram. The collective will and future of the people over the years has been stolen and pocketed through mismanagement. Boko haram still breaths today cos we have a gov't that is either benefitting directly or indirectly from the turbolence or a gov't that is confused about how to tackle it or better still a gov't that don't give a 'damn' about what is happening. To think that our once reverence military could several times run from their duty post for fear of some social miscreants leave a lot to be desire about the motivation, training, logistics and even the recruitment process of the military. To also think that a part of this country had been balkanised by riff raffs under the guise of islamism is shameful and disheartening. A leader who has failed countlessly to guarantee the safety of its people has no business saddling the affairs of the nation.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Bigger Threat To Nigeria- President Jonathan Or Boko Haram ? by Nobody: 8:18am On Nov 07, 2014
SeverusSnape:
Rhetorical question... But i think BH is more of a threat. Do you prefer Shakau being your president?
you just missed the point son

The fact is, having GEJ in power automatically means Shekau is your president... I'm sure that's pretty obvious to you.

So, would you rather consider GeJ the threat and put someone who will have the balls to dislodge Shekau?

The answer is yes.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Bigger Threat To Nigeria- President Jonathan Or Boko Haram ? by kayjasper(f): 8:26am On Nov 07, 2014
tit:
these beasts must have been let loose from hades itself.

So in your dictionary, saying the truth makes people "beasts"?

Seems you dont like hearing the truth sis!!

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Bigger Threat To Nigeria- President Jonathan Or Boko Haram ? by Nobody: 8:33am On Nov 07, 2014
Is that supposed to be a threat almajiri? You think boko haram are ferocious? Just wait till u see mend cripple Nigeria's economy
Re: Who Is The Bigger Threat To Nigeria- President Jonathan Or Boko Haram ? by kayjasper(f): 8:34am On Nov 07, 2014
chronique:
@ OP: [s]I personally think you're a joke! When you make comparisons and you want to be taken seriously,compare apples with apples;not apples with pineapples. You're comparing a state in the US where they've had independence for several years and have developed a system of running their affairs properly,with a state in Nigeria where we haven't been able to devise a meaningful way of running government efficiently without having the monster called corruption,biting us at will? How? You can't even compare North Dakota with Lagos(which is being touted as the most efficient and well governed state in Nigeria),and get a meaningful result. One thing is obvious,majority of the people who write about Nigeria,and compare them with America,obviously don't even know what is going on Nigeria. It is not bad to want a Nigeria,that is well developed. However,let your comparisons be done in reality;not based on fantacies.[/s]

So when will Nigeria be "ripe" to be compared to other nations? 2070?

Why not face reality and admit that failure from the present leaders to stem and extinguish corruption is what is sinking Nigeria at the moment now.

You are simply saying it is okay for us to be mismanaging funds and looting the treasury in Nigeria simply because "we just got independent 54 yrs ago?"

Smh.

If at 54 yrs old you cannot decipher what's right or wrong then probably you are not worth existing.

Wake Up From Your Chronique Slumber Dude!!!

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Bigger Threat To Nigeria- President Jonathan Or Boko Haram ? by kayjasper(f): 8:35am On Nov 07, 2014
chukwudi44:

Is that supposed to be a threat almajiri? You think boko haram are ferocious? Just wait till u see mend cripple Nigeria's economy

Stop the name calling bro.

State your points without insulting others.

You are an adult I presume?

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Bigger Threat To Nigeria- President Jonathan Or Boko Haram ? by Scout60(m): 8:36am On Nov 07, 2014
Yeske2:
I'd rather dine and wine with the Boko boys than spend a minute with that evil called GEJ. Well written.
God grant this boy his intention. Amen
Re: Who Is The Bigger Threat To Nigeria- President Jonathan Or Boko Haram ? by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 07, 2014
kayjasper:

Stop the name calling bro.

State your points without insulting others.

You are an adult I presume?

U re a big fool to threaten us with boko haram if we return GEJ.Nobody has a monopoly over violence
Re: Who Is The Bigger Threat To Nigeria- President Jonathan Or Boko Haram ? by kayjasper(f): 8:45am On Nov 07, 2014
chukwudi44:

U re a big fool to threaten us with boko haram if we return GEJ.Nobody has a monopoly over violence

He he

I thought I was discussing with an adult.

Now I know better.

Next Please!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Bigger Threat To Nigeria- President Jonathan Or Boko Haram ? by SeverusSnape(m): 8:46am On Nov 07, 2014
soe:

The fact is, having GEJ in power automatically means Shekau is your president... I'm sure that's pretty obvious to you.

So, would you rather consider GeJ the threat and put someone who will have the balls to dislodge Shekau?

The answer is yes.
The question sounded so direct... The points he gave didn't pass across the message. But i get your point though. Thanks
Re: Who Is The Bigger Threat To Nigeria- President Jonathan Or Boko Haram ? by SeverusSnape(m): 8:47am On Nov 07, 2014
soe:

The answer is yes.
The question sounded so direct... As if GEJ was a more imminent threat to Nigerians, The points he gave didn't pass across the message. But i get your point though. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Bigger Threat To Nigeria- President Jonathan Or Boko Haram ? by stinggy(m): 8:52am On Nov 07, 2014
Jonathan of course. If he is taken care of that would be the end of BH

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Bigger Threat To Nigeria- President Jonathan Or Boko Haram ? by chronique(m): 12:45pm On Nov 07, 2014
I don't like joining issues with ladies and I won't do that with you. Read my write-up slowly;there's a word called comprehension. It's the ability to read and understand;not just read. I never used age of independence "alone" as a yardstick,I talked about how we haven't been able to "develop an efficient system of governance that is devoid of corruption".

Secondly,if you insist that the current leadership of the nation is why Nigeria is backwards,then it's obvious you do not know what truly goes on in Nigeria. Nigeria is suffering from a systemic problem but you guys like to pass the bulk on the president. Go and ask people who work in govt agencies like the NPA and the NNPC what goes on. You try to act like a saint and reject bribes and frustrate others from collecting,you get into trouble. There are officers who have been silenced for blocking illegal deals at the port,there are people who have been struck with strange illness for blocking runs at the oil corporation,etc. Structures on ground in Nigeria aids corruption and until those with the power to turn such around do that,nothing will happen. You can't run a one man show in Nigeria and be successful. The structures have been there for so long and your politicans aren't willing to change it. Ever wondered why people spend hundreds of millions to contest key positions year in,year out? You think it's cos they really love the nation?

My direct point is this: "there is a certain way of doing things in Nigeria and it favours both APC and PDP. Until that status quo is changed,nothing will ever work. It's is not a GEJ problem. Jonathan didn't nominate all the senators and house of rep members who are collecting outrageuos allowances;you and I did. There's so much money in the system and these guys aint ready to pass laws that would hinder them them/put a lid on the corrupt system of governance. It's the same thing that is being repeated at the various state houses of assembly. This is one of the reasons why I say we do not have an efficient system of government yet and as such,comparing Bayelsa and North Dakota,is akin to comparing apples and pineapples.
kayjasper:

So when will Nigeria be "ripe" to be compared to other nations? 2070?

Why not face reality and admit that failure from the present leaders to stem and extinguish corruption is what is sinking Nigeria at the moment now.

You are simply saying it is okay for us to be mismanaging funds and looting the treasury in Nigeria simply because "we just got independent 54 yrs ago?"

Smh.

If at 54 yrs old you cannot decipher what's right or wrong then probably you are not worth existing.

Wake Up From Your Chronique Slumber Dude!!!
Re: Who Is The Bigger Threat To Nigeria- President Jonathan Or Boko Haram ? by kayjasper(f): 4:41am On Dec 04, 2014
grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking-Adamawa APC Endorse Atiku Ahead Of Primaries / President Jonathan's Speech and Photos from NNMO Award on Prof. Niyi Osundare / A female student Awards Scholarship to fellow Students In The Univ. Of Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.