Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,166 members, 7,838,990 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Would There Be Peace In The World, If Everyone Had Food, Clothings And Shelter? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would There Be Peace In The World, If Everyone Had Food, Clothings And Shelter? (625 Views)

Develop Niger-delta Or They Wont Be Peace Ex-militants Tell Buhari / Mama Peace Rice: Eat And Experience Peace In Your Life [pictures] / Man Uses APC Poster As Shelter And PDP Poster As Bed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would There Be Peace In The World, If Everyone Had Food, Clothings And Shelter? by helphelp: 7:33am On Nov 07, 2014
Just a random thought!

Was thinking, if every single person in the world in his or her lifetime on a regular basis has food to eat, cloths to wear and a comfortable shelter, would there be war all over the world?

Then, I thought again those who do not have, do not have the strength for war, they'd rather beg to survive than go to war(where is the strength).

So as a matter fact, the very people you see at the fore front of chaos, are always looking healthy, well fed and all.

So in my opinion, the war all around the world is not centred around those amenities.

Share your views.

Do you think there will be no war, if every single person in the world on a constant basis has food, shelter and cloths
Re: Would There Be Peace In The World, If Everyone Had Food, Clothings And Shelter? by jchima14: 7:35am On Nov 07, 2014
no

1 Like

Re: Would There Be Peace In The World, If Everyone Had Food, Clothings And Shelter? by Idrismusty97(m): 7:42am On Nov 07, 2014
You already answered yourself. Nations go to war for power, land and influence not food! You may say people can kill for food or shelter but definitely not going to war over it.

1 Like

Re: Would There Be Peace In The World, If Everyone Had Food, Clothings And Shelter? by helphelp: 10:03am On Nov 07, 2014
Idrismusty97:
You already answered yourself. Nations go to war for power, land and influence not food! You may say people can kill for food or shelter but definitely not going to war over it.

My opinion and thought, I posted that because others may have other perspective as to why people go to war.

Meanwhile, a nation comprises of people, are those people fighting also fighting for power, land e.t.c
Re: Would There Be Peace In The World, If Everyone Had Food, Clothings And Shelter? by Idrismusty97(m): 10:11am On Nov 07, 2014
helphelp:

My opinion and thought, I posted that because others may have other perspective as to why people go to war.

Meanwhile, a nation comprises of people, are those people fighting also fighting for power, land e.t.c

They may not be interested but just have to follow the orders from the leaders and elites. Like the France army in Africa or american army in the Middle East. The elites are interested in their nation "influence" over a place or the world. The soldiers/people are just brainwashed puns.

(1) (Reply)

‘education Has Taken A Different Turn In Delta State’ / . / Chime Dares Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.