Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? (2740 Views)

Why Did God Forsake Jesus And Leave Him to Suffer. / Student Reprimanded For Saying “God Bless America” / Did God Forsake Black People??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by yazach: 9:57am On Nov 07, 2014
The Bible says

“For the LORD loves the just and will not forsake his faithful ones. They will be protected forever, but the offspring of the wicked will be cut off;” (Psalms 37:28)

But yet when Jesus Christ (pbuh) was put on the cross according to the Bible. He cried out:
“About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi lama sabachthani?"— which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" (Mathew 27:46)
“And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"— which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" (Mark 15:34)

the questions are:

Did you(christians) think God forsaken Jesus?

Did you(christians) think God did not answer whom you claimed to be his Son if that is justifiable?

Don't tell us he was willing to die because you will contradict the bible. A person willing to die why would he beg for help?

Now the Christians have four options to choose from.

1. The person put on the cross was not really Jesus.

2. Jesus (pbuh) was not faithful to God.

3. Jesus (pbuh) is a lied that God forsook him.

4. Bible is lying when it says that God does not forsake his beloved ones.

You have four options to choose from.
Now with whatever gymnastics you try. You cannot add a fifth option here. So decide for yourself.

courtesy: Abdusalam20

All you need is to answer the questions, don't abuse anybody, don't derail the topic, don't perambulate at all undecided undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by Rilwayne001: 12:02pm On Nov 07, 2014
hmmmm! Nice thread.

***Picks popcorn while sitting in the front row***

grin

2 Likes

Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by italo: 12:59pm On Nov 07, 2014
God didn't forsake Jesus, that's why he rose the third day and lives forever.

Jesus was lamenting as a human being at that time...and we all do lament that way, even though God never forsakes his children.
Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by yazach: 2:24pm On Nov 07, 2014
italo:
God didn't forsake Jesus, that's why he rose the third day and lives forever.

Jesus was lamenting as a human being at that time...and we all do lament that way, even though God never forsakes his children.

Oga did you think their is a justification to what you just post

@ Red
A son asking for help from father at the point of dead

Father did not provide help till son was killed

And you said father did not forsaken son undecided undecided OK I got you father forsaken son for three days abi?

@blue

Why would he lament? Does that mean he doesn't want to die?
Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by AndyBoomba: 3:35pm On Nov 07, 2014
You must have escaped from YabaLeft to believe you alone can give Christians four options to base their faith on..who are you to tie Christians to 'your 4 options'?

yazach:
The Bible says

“For the LORD loves the just and will not forsake his faithful ones. They will be protected forever, but the offspring of the wicked will be cut off;” (Psalms 37:28)

But yet when Jesus Christ (pbuh) was put on the cross according to the Bible. He cried out:
“About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi lama sabachthani?"— which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" (Mathew 27:46)
“And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"— which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" (Mark 15:34)

the questions are:

Did you(christians) think God did not answer whom you claimed to be his Son if that is justifiable?

Don't tell us he was willing to die because you will contradict the bible. A person willing to die why would he beg for help?

Now with whatever gymnastics you try. You cannot add a fifth option here. So decide for yourself.

All you need is to answer the questions, don't abuse anybody, don't derail the topic, don't perambulate at all undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by faithugo64(f): 4:07pm On Nov 07, 2014
what makes you a good muslim is not how much time you spend arguing about other religons but how much time you spend serving your God and making your life better! op go get a life,or better still go hug a transformer and prepare to meet your 40 virgins!!!

I don't blame you op,you can never understand the spiritual with carnal mind

Christians,please don't waste your mb trying to convince this op
he is obviously looking for cheap attention!

A fool has said in his heart''Jesus was forsaken on the cross''
Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by Rilwayne001: 4:17pm On Nov 07, 2014
faithugo64:
what makes you a good muslim is not how much time you spend arguing about other religons but how much time you spend serving your God and making your life better! op go get a life,or better still go hug a transformer and prepare to meet your 40 virgins!!!

LOL! grin grin

butthurrt cheesy
Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by chosen124: 4:42pm On Nov 07, 2014
faithugo64:

well spoken
The op is an ignorant man gone on rampage let's ignore him
Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by yazach: 4:55pm On Nov 07, 2014
faithugo64:

Honestly you must be an ordinary church goer and indeed a sheep or cow rear by fulanis undecided undecided you know what that means? he just feed them to milk them and sell them out as he likes, they(cow or sheep) have no option

The above example is akin to how you are fed by your pastors and you have no option. You can not reason on your own, you can not read any part of the bible just what you are told to read. That means you and your likes are zombie
Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by yazach: 4:55pm On Nov 07, 2014
chosen124:

well spoken
Zombie second
Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by Rilwayne001: 4:56pm On Nov 07, 2014
chosen124:

well spoken

Ignore him or you hhave no point? undecided
Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by yazach: 4:56pm On Nov 07, 2014
AndyBoomba:
You must have escaped from YabaLeft to believe you alone can give Christians four options to base their faith on..who are you to tie Christians to 'your 4 options'?

How did you know that place grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by Rilwayne001: 4:57pm On Nov 07, 2014
yazach:

Honestly you must be an ordinary church goer and indeed a sheep or cow rear by fulanis undecided undecided you know what that means? he just feed them to milk them and sell them out as he likes, they(cow or sheep) have no option

The above example is akin to how you are fed by your pastors and you have no option. You can not reason on your own, you can not read any part of the bible just what you are told to read. That means you and your likes are zombie

grin grin

ROTFLMAO grin
Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by AndyBoomba: 4:58pm On Nov 07, 2014
I'm an inmate cheesy grin tongue

yazach:

Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by Rilwayne001: 5:00pm On Nov 07, 2014
yazach:

The guy is a notorious madman in the Romance Section. grin grin

To validate my claim, just create a thread on the Romance section asking who Andy is you will confirm my word grin grin
Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by Rilwayne001: 5:01pm On Nov 07, 2014
AndyBoomba:

grin grin

No need to @yazach

He has alreadt confirmed it grin
Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by yazach: 5:02pm On Nov 07, 2014
AndyBoomba:

Ok!! You should be on drug by no so that you will not get out of hand
Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by yazach: 5:21pm On Nov 07, 2014
Rilwayne001:

The guy is a notorious madman in the Romance Section. grin grin

To validate my claim, just create a thread on the Romance section asking who Andy is you will confirm my word grin grin

Ok!! When he suppose to be on drug at the place
Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by yazach: 5:22pm On Nov 07, 2014
Rilwayne001:

grin grin

No need to @yazach

He has alreadt confirmed it grin

grin grin grin grin
Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 07, 2014
You are right OP. God forsook Jesus on the cross at Calvary and this was because he was bearing the sins of the humanity that had & will thereafter receive salvation through Him at that instant.
It is written that God is of a purer eyes than to behold iniquity.
The fact that God forsook Jesus at that instance shows that God will condone no iota of sin at all in anyone's life.
Jesus' crucifixion wasn't just a physical occurrence but an occurrence that carried significant spiritual implications. Through His death those who receive him need no form of sacrifices for sin anymore but to abide in the grace released through His ultimate sacrifice.
Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by Rilwayne001: 5:29pm On Nov 07, 2014
yazach:

Ok!! When he suppose to be on drug at the place

He escaped from the hospital i guess, they are seriously searching for him.

If they get hold of him ehn, he will be chained for one month or above grin grin

LMAO!
Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by faithugo64(f): 5:30pm On Nov 07, 2014
yazach:

lwkmd,he is hurting seriously!call 911
Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by Mamaflex(f): 5:31pm On Nov 07, 2014
Jesus lamented because he had blood and flesh which made him human.

You think someone who raised Lazarus from the dead after 4days don't have the power to stop his/his son death? Jesus wasn't forsaken. God allowed him to die, so the scripture will be fulfilled.

Do you bother to know what was about to happen before the same Jesus said "father forgive them for they know not what they have done?

Where you would have claimed he was forsaken was if he wasn't raised after 3days according to prophesy. But he did! That's our victory, and that's the defeats of Satan and his agents. That's why they are crying woof all over. They never knew he would rise again.

1 Like

Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by Macelliot(m): 5:40pm On Nov 07, 2014
Will reply soon. On my way home.
Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by Rilwayne001: 5:47pm On Nov 07, 2014
Mamaflex:

You think someone who raised Lazarus from the dead after 4days don't have the power to stop his/his son death? Jesus wasn't forsaken. God allowed him to die, so the scripture will be fulfilled.

Do you bother to know what was about to happen before the same Jesus said "father forgive them for they know not what they have done?

Where you would have claimed he was forsaken was if he wasn't raised after 3days according to prophesy. But he did! That's our victory, and that's the defeats of Satan and his agents. That's why they are crying woof all over. They never knew he would rise again.

Really! Can you tell us about the ressurection myth here:
https://www.nairaland.com/1833098/masterful-analysis-alleged-crucifiction-jesus
Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by yazach: 6:02pm On Nov 07, 2014
Mamaflex:

@Red, Did you mean Jesus is also human?

@Blues: What type of father will allow his only son to die to fulfill the scripture? And beside does that means God can not make that scripture fulfilled except by allowing someone to die?
Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by yazach: 6:03pm On Nov 07, 2014
Macelliot:
Will reply soon. On my way home.
Ha my guy village warrior where have you been, well we are expecting you to come and twist the bible again
Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by Macelliot(m): 6:56pm On Nov 07, 2014
Yazach and Rilwayne001
Can you withstand the agony, the tortue and the suffering?
(Luke 22:42) FATHER, if YOU are willing, take this cup of suffering away from be, but let thy Will be done.......
Jesus Christ took the cup of suffering by taking and unsealing the scroll. He came from heaven to fulfill His Mission.

How did it happen?
The mysteries has been revealed in the Book of Revelation.
The kingdom of Heaven was shown and in the Eternal Living Lord God Almighty was sitted on the magnificient throne, the twenty-four elders surrounding the throne, the four living creatures, the dominions of Heaven, the arc-angels and uncountable angels. On the right hand of the one who sits on the throne was a scroll with 7 seals. The one who sits on the throne(GOD) said, "anyone of you who is Worthy should come out and take this scroll."
No one was able, and the Lamb(Jesus) came out and took the scroll and unseal it, every dominions of heaven, on earth and in the underworld bowed down.
They sang:
To the Almighty living God
and to the Lamb be all
thy Praise, honour and
glory forever.

And again, they bowed down.... (Revelation 5).

He became Anointed(Christ) when He took and unsealed the Scroll.
Shallom!!!
Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by Mamaflex(f): 7:01pm On Nov 07, 2014
yazach:

@Red, Did you mean Jesus is also human?

@Blues: What type of father will allow his only son to die to fulfill the scripture? And beside does that means God can not make that scripture fulfilled except by allowing someone to die?
he got flesh and blood running in his body. Yes

God. That was the prize to redeem us. Jesus knew it from the beginning. He volunteer to go because of his love for us. That was what it was all about.

They all knew how wicked the world have become, they will possibly kill him for speaking the truth.
Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by Shirley07: 8:38pm On Nov 07, 2014
Rilwayne001:

LOL! grin grin

butthurrt cheesy
Calm down for Jesus, devil na muslim.
@Op, Jesus wasn't forsaken in the literal sense. The thing is Jesus walks in three i.e he's always with 2 other persons, which are God and the Holyspirit. However, due to the sins of the whole world upon him on the cross, he was left alone because God eyes can't behold iniquity.
So, in the deep sense of it, Christ wasn't forsaken by God, his spirit went to God after his death and his body was risen on the 3rd day by this same God. so tell me how he was forsaken?
Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by malvisguy212: 9:03pm On Nov 07, 2014
yazach:
The Bible says

the questions are:

jesus was not the first that say this word,david say it in psalm22:1
".For the director of music. To the tune of "The Doe of the Morning." A
psalm of David. My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are
you so far from saving me, so far from my cries of anguish?"

Esther say the same thing,
Esther
say that ``she stood in the innermost court of the king's house; and when
she came to the house of the images, the Shekinah departed from
her, and she said, "Eli, Eli, lama Azabthani?" my God, my God, why
hast thou forsaken me?''
david and esther were human just like when jesus dwell in the flesh,DO YOU THINK A MAN WITH FLASH CANNOT FEEL PAIN?CAN A SPIRIT BEING WALK IN THE EARTH WITHOUT A FLASH? for God to reconcile us back to himself, he will dwel in the realm of human were cause and effect are real, the spirit in flash must feel pain.

I open a thread,non of your brother were able to prove me wrong,here it is
https://www.nairaland.com/1970166/lying-deity
Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by malvisguy212: 9:13pm On Nov 07, 2014
yazach:

Oga did you think their is a justification to what you just post

@ Red
A son asking for help from father at the point of dead

Father did not provide help till son was killed

And you said father did not forsaken son undecided undecided OK I got you father forsaken son for three days abi?

@blue

Why would he lament? Does that mean he doesn't want to die?

what is the purpose of jesus coming to earth? To reconcile us back to himself,God gave jesus to us,
John 3:16New International Version (NIV)
16 For God so loved the world that he GAVE his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

The difference with christianity and others religeon is that,in others religeon salvation is attain by human effort, but in christianity, it is the FREE GIFT OF GOD IN CHRIST JESUS,it's free(glory be to God) christ has already pay the price for me and my brother.

I have sooo many thread to open that will make you think again as a muslims, but because of respect of belief, am taking it gradualy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Abominable Disease That Will Make Places Of Worship Desolate / Pastor Kumuyi Remarries In Uk / Rationalisations For Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 252
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.