Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,410 members, 7,954,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:45 AM

Will You Seek Your Spouse`s consent Before Sending Money To Your Parents? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will You Seek Your Spouse`s consent Before Sending Money To Your Parents? (3160 Views)

Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? / Man Seek Divorce From Wife Because She Has Lost Her Beauty And Figure / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Seek Your Spouse`s consent Before Sending Money To Your Parents? by Yomboy4ever(m): 7:13am On Nov 08, 2014
Will like nairalanders to do judgment to this topic.
Truly is it right or wrong?
Re: Will You Seek Your Spouse`s consent Before Sending Money To Your Parents? by teemanbastos(m): 7:18am On Nov 08, 2014
u muxt ask her o... Cos na she be no. 1 in ur lyf den odaz 4low
Re: Will You Seek Your Spouse`s consent Before Sending Money To Your Parents? by DesChyko: 7:18am On Nov 08, 2014
Well, asking me for money will demand that she gets my approval for the use. But I won't tell when I send money to my family, except if it may cause problems.
Re: Will You Seek Your Spouse`s consent Before Sending Money To Your Parents? by Extom(m): 7:27am On Nov 08, 2014
There's a twist to this question.
Re: Will You Seek Your Spouse`s consent Before Sending Money To Your Parents? by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 08, 2014
Will only do that if and only if we are operating a joint account.....and i want to collect money frm that account...now dat doesnt mean i wont hav other personal accounts tho....

1 Like

Re: Will You Seek Your Spouse`s consent Before Sending Money To Your Parents? by thorpido(m): 8:02am On Nov 08, 2014
It depends on how you handle finances in the home.If you both pool money together and operate a joint account or you run a budget,then it's only right that the partner knows you are sending money.
If however you meet up with the expenditure in the house as a man,then you don't need permission to send money.However,your spouse should still know you are sending money.

1 Like

Re: Will You Seek Your Spouse`s consent Before Sending Money To Your Parents? by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 08, 2014
to me o I don't need to ask. cause she no dey there when ma parents dey suffer to sponsor me go school. so I won send money to ma parents I go con dey ask. I will rather be single than to dey ask my spouse either to send money to my parents or not. even to my relatives I can't ask.

1 Like

Re: Will You Seek Your Spouse`s consent Before Sending Money To Your Parents? by emmy4lov(m): 9:11am On Nov 08, 2014
well am not married, but It depends on the understanding of your woman, for a home were there is love the woman event if she's not contributing financially, she should be aware when you send money to you ppl... Like I said it demands on her level of understanding
Re: Will You Seek Your Spouse`s consent Before Sending Money To Your Parents? by LordReed(m): 10:00am On Nov 08, 2014
Sending your money to your parents IMO does not require permission but it is imperative you communicate your actions to your spouse, I think it helps in building your family when you tell one another the things you need to do.

On the other hand if the money is either a joint account or money that was specifically for another purpose then yes you need permission.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Seek Your Spouse`s consent Before Sending Money To Your Parents? by Richy4(m): 10:17am On Nov 08, 2014
I am not married yet but this is how it's gonna be like

My wife: how was your day honey?

me: oh fine sweet. It was hectic today. Though I took some time off to western union to send some money to my mum

My wife: oh that was good. I don't even know when I will have time to do same. It's been a while I sent money to my dad.

Me: why not try Saturday . They open on Saturday bla bka bla.

what is the big deal sending money to your parents

2 Likes

Re: Will You Seek Your Spouse`s consent Before Sending Money To Your Parents? by ameenahz(f): 10:37am On Nov 08, 2014
If the money is coming from a joint savings account, then of course I will gain his consent and he has to gain mine too. If not, I will surely let him know before doing it as he should too. But I don't think I need his consent neither does he.
Re: Will You Seek Your Spouse`s consent Before Sending Money To Your Parents? by haftob(m): 10:45am On Nov 08, 2014
I tink ion need to tell my wife b4 sending money to my parents but if she wanna send money to her parents,she must tell me because I may also be interested in adding some amount to it infact I tink I'm the one dat will even be reminding her to send ha parents smtin because b4 she thinks of it, I wud av thought of it.

1 Like

Re: Will You Seek Your Spouse`s consent Before Sending Money To Your Parents? by bukatyne(f): 10:53am On Nov 08, 2014
Permission: no

Inform: yes

7 Likes

Re: Will You Seek Your Spouse`s consent Before Sending Money To Your Parents? by edwife(f): 1:19pm On Nov 08, 2014
Op remove the word "permission" NL is allergic to that word....

Seun should modify this word as well.... smiley

1 Like

Re: Will You Seek Your Spouse`s consent Before Sending Money To Your Parents? by bebe2(f): 6:39pm On Nov 08, 2014
Richy4:
I am not married yet but this is how it's gonna be like

My wife: how was your day honey?

me: oh fine sweet. It was hectic today. Though I took some time off to western union to send some money to my mum

My wife: oh that was good. I don't even know when I will have time to do same. It's been a while I sent money to my dad.

Me: why not try Saturday . They open on Saturday bla bka bla.

what is the big deal sending money to your parents

Like u said u r not married yet, wen u are married u will realise is not such a simple task especially if its a monthly bill and u are not very rich.

U both have responsibilities especially wen u have children and there is swimming, karate , extra lectures etc dat ur kids maybe missing outon becos u send money home regularly.

Ur woman will soon start thinking maybe the rest of ur siblings shud do more becos her kids are missing out.

Am into the business of money transfer and there are alot of couple dat dont tell their partner.

Only last week I went to dis couple's house to collect money. The woman kept walking up and down the stairs, panicking and looking nervous kept winking at me and am thinking wats wrong with her , its her husband dats my frd , me n her aint dat close.

I was about living wen she jumped in front overthrowing her husband from seeing me to d door only to squeeze some money into my hand it was then it clicked. I then knew wat all that winking was about grin

I never even drive reach the end of the street wen she called me explaining what the money was for.
And she has only been in the country for a year. Quick learner grin grin
Re: Will You Seek Your Spouse`s consent Before Sending Money To Your Parents? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Nov 08, 2014
Y would I do such? I don't need her permission
Re: Will You Seek Your Spouse`s consent Before Sending Money To Your Parents? by pickabeau1: 7:56pm On Nov 08, 2014
edwife:
Op remove the word "permission" NL is allergic to that word....

LOL...

1 Like

Re: Will You Seek Your Spouse`s consent Before Sending Money To Your Parents? by Rosarie(f): 9:42pm On Nov 08, 2014
oo percent of the people who comment on tins lik dis are not married.marriage is not a fairy tale.if u want a solid home is all bout foundation and dat foundation are God and communication.d minute u ve said i do:even if ur parents borrowed the world to train u:ur wife den becomes ur number one.it all depends on ur communication:ur understanding:ur income:ur commitments and ur responsiblilities.if y earn 20k before u send moni u must tell her cos dre is already a budegt awaitng ur income.if u run a joint account u nid to tell her.d minute u start seeing tins unessary to tell ur wife dat is d minute u re sepreating ur home cos wot u take as lavity she might take seriously

1 Like

Re: Will You Seek Your Spouse`s consent Before Sending Money To Your Parents? by LordReed(m): 9:53pm On Nov 08, 2014
Rosarie:
oo percent of the people who comment on tins lik dis are not married.marriage is not a fairy tale.if u want a solid home is all bout foundation and dat foundation are God and communication.d minute u ve said i do:even if ur parents borrowed the world to train u:ur wife den becomes ur number one.it all depends on ur communication:ur understanding:ur income:ur commitments and ur responsiblilities.if y earn 20k before u send moni u must tell her cos dre is already a budegt awaitng ur income.if u run a joint account u nid to tell her.d minute u start seeing tins unessary to tell ur wife dat is d minute u re sepreating ur home cos wot u take as lavity she might take seriously

Its funny how people like you show up to mouth off and still say nothing significant. Have you said anything different from what others that you claim are not married have said? SMH

1 Like

Re: Will You Seek Your Spouse`s consent Before Sending Money To Your Parents? by Richy4(m): 1:48am On Nov 09, 2014
bebe2:

Like u said u r not married yet, wen u are married u will realise is not such a simple task especially if its a monthly bill and u are not very rich.

U both have responsibilities especially wen u have children and there is swimming, karate , extra lectures etc dat ur kids maybe missing outon becos u send money home regularly.

Ur woman will soon start thinking maybe the rest of ur siblings shud do more becos her kids are missing out.

Am into the business of money transfer and there are alot of couple dat dont tell their partner.

Only last week I went to dis couple's house to collect money. The woman kept walking up and down the stairs, panicking and looking nervous kept winking at me and am thinking wats wrong with her , its her husband dats my frd , me n her aint dat close.

I was about living wen she jumped in front overthrowing her husband from seeing me to d door only to squeeze some money into my hand it was then it clicked. I then knew wat all that winking was about grin

I never even drive reach the end of the street wen she called me explaining what the money was for.
And she has only been in the country for a year. Quick learner grin grin

the story is kind of funny. But this issue arises when a couple give birth to more kids than they can take care of especially when they are abroad.
which country are you doing the business?
Re: Will You Seek Your Spouse`s consent Before Sending Money To Your Parents? by bebe2(f): 1:56am On Nov 09, 2014
Richy4:

the story is kind of funny. But this issue arises when a couple give birth to more kids than they can take care of especially when they are abroad.
which country are you doing the business?

Am in the UK
Re: Will You Seek Your Spouse`s consent Before Sending Money To Your Parents? by RoyalRoy(m): 4:45am On Nov 09, 2014
[size=15pt] NO.[/size]

I won't ask her for permission. Same as I don't expect her to tell me. It's her money, they are her parents........ And also its "our' money, they are my parent.....Got it? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Will You Seek Your Spouse`s consent Before Sending Money To Your Parents? by Richy4(m): 6:28am On Nov 09, 2014
bebe2:

Am in the UK

Ok. That is cool. Thanks
I forgot you are a lady. And Nigerian ladies especially the single ones doesn't like the country where I am because they thought it was the end of the world. Have a good day
Re: Will You Seek Your Spouse`s consent Before Sending Money To Your Parents? by bukatyne(f): 8:02am On Nov 09, 2014
RoyalRoy:
[size=15pt] NO.[/size]

I won't ask her for permission. Same as I don't expect her to tell me. It's her money, they are her parents........ And also its "our' money, they are my parent.....Got it? grin grin

I doubt some people know What permission means. An ideal couple know What is in the purse and the projects on ground so naturally they will know what they can spare.

A secondary school student has more 'freedom" than some married peeps honestly.

Permission to sleep, permission to eat, permission to go out, permission to smile, permission to ask for permission grin. I guess marriage turns people to vegetables who cannot think anymore undecided

Even God doesn't expect mere humans to seek this much permission from Him sef

God help all the permission seekers and givers cheesy

1 Like

Re: Will You Seek Your Spouse`s consent Before Sending Money To Your Parents? by RoyalRoy(m): 8:50am On Nov 09, 2014
bukatyne:

I doubt some people know What permission means. An ideal couple know What is in the purse and the projects on ground so naturally they will know what they can spare.

A secondary school student has more 'freedom" than some married peeps honestly.

Permission to sleep, permission to eat, permission to go out, permission to smile, permission to ask for permission grin. I guess marriage turns people to vegetables who cannot think anymore undecided

Even God doesn't expect mere humans to seek this much permission from Him sef

God help all the permission seekers and givers cheesy

Lollz.... Exactly my thought... You couldn't have said it better.
Will a spouse give out money they know their immediate family will suffer later on?

Do you need permission to know how much u can afford to gift out to people?

Na real Permission seeking marriage!!!!

Permission to Poo go soon follow.

Hahaha

Happy Sunday Bukatyne.
Re: Will You Seek Your Spouse`s consent Before Sending Money To Your Parents? by bebe2(f): 9:47am On Nov 09, 2014
Richy4:

Ok. That is cool. Thanks
I forgot you are a lady. And Nigerian ladies especially the single ones doesn't like the country where I am because they thought it was the end of the world. Have a good day

Are we still discussing about sending money home?

Wat has dat got to do with not liking ur country and being married.

for ur info am not single, been married for 17yrs.
Re: Will You Seek Your Spouse`s consent Before Sending Money To Your Parents? by Richy4(m): 10:16am On Nov 09, 2014
bebe2:

Are we still discussing about sending money home?

Wat has dat got to do with not liking ur country and being married.

for ur info am not single, been married for 17yrs.

Excuse me if you miss understood what I was trying to say.
I thought you where somewhere in Australia. That was why I asked where you were doing your finance business.
you said Uk.
Then I said Nigerian ladies doesn't like coming to this part of the world because they feel it is far.
I was not hitting on you or any thing. I am way too classy for that ok.
And it hasn't come to the stage of giving me the number of years you have been married. I didn't ask for the information

1 Like

Re: Will You Seek Your Spouse`s consent Before Sending Money To Your Parents? by bebe2(f): 12:44pm On Nov 09, 2014
Richy4:

Excuse me if you miss understood what I was trying to say.
I thought you where somewhere in Australia. That was why I asked where you were doing your finance business.
you said Uk.
Then I said Nigerian ladies doesn't like coming to this part of the world because they feel it is far.
I was not hitting on you or any thing. I am way too classy for that ok.
And it hasn't come to the stage of giving me the number of years you have been married. I didn't ask for the information

Hitting on me ke?

U said single, I was trying to say u are wronh dat am not......

Never mind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will You Seek Your Spouse`s consent Before Sending Money To Your Parents? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 09, 2014
I don't think you necessarily have to ask but inform him or her that you will be sending money to your family. However, if it will have a major effect on your financial position as a couple, then will you need to sit down and really discuss things through before sending anything to anyone.
Re: Will You Seek Your Spouse`s consent Before Sending Money To Your Parents? by bukatyne(f): 1:52pm On Nov 09, 2014
RoyalRoy:

Lollz.... Exactly my thought... You couldn't have said it better.
Will a spouse give out money they know their immediate family will suffer later on?

Do you need permission to know how much u can afford to gift out to people?

Na real Permission seeking marriage!!!!

Permission to Poo go soon follow.

Hahaha

Happy Sunday Bukatyne.

Happy Sunday to you too
Re: Will You Seek Your Spouse`s consent Before Sending Money To Your Parents? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 09, 2014
edwife:
Op remove the word "permission" NL is allergic to that word ....

The family section is, not Nairaland in general

1 Like

Re: Will You Seek Your Spouse`s consent Before Sending Money To Your Parents? by Amhappy(f): 2:57pm On Nov 09, 2014
Well in my home we have tight budget and discuss all outgoing money except incase of emergency. @Royalroy you have not seen some inconsiderate family members and people that does not know how to say no. Someone can give out money without planing only to come home and be drinking garri with his family. My dad did that a lot.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please, I Need An Answer And Explanation.. / Missing 13-year Old Boy Found Tied Up In His Mother's Friend's House (see Photos / I Need Your Help And Honest Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.