Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,575 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Any Disadvantages For Rev A Car Up To 6000rpm Acceleration.... - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Any Disadvantages For Rev A Car Up To 6000rpm Acceleration.... (6618 Views)

. / Failed Acceleration On EOD / 2001 Nissan Maxima Acceleration Issue (2) (3) (4)

Re: Any Disadvantages For Rev A Car Up To 6000rpm Acceleration.... by rainmaker12(m): 12:21pm On Nov 13, 2014
lomomike:

Na lie. The motor wasn't faulty in that SUV. The dumb mecho killed the engine by constantly pushing the rev counter to the redzones.

www.wikipedia.com
if the suv aint faulty redlining shouldnt have wrecked the engine. except for frequent habbit...(days)
Re: Any Disadvantages For Rev A Car Up To 6000rpm Acceleration.... by Nobody: 12:31pm On Nov 13, 2014
rainmaker12:

if the suv aint faulty redlining shouldnt have wrecked the engine. except for frequent habbit...(days)

Redlinging is best left for cars with tune bias for performance and sports, not for rock climbers and city cars and mild speed cruisers. Their rpms are best kept low.

An FX infiniti, AMG, brabus tuned benz, M, alpine tuned beemers and superchargers can redline without serious consequences because they're meant for such. Not a truck that's meant for bushes and interstate highways.

Mind you, I've achieved speeds of 180 while my RPM just touches 3000 mark. Its no use trying such redlining habit on cars not meant for sports and the likes.

In Nigeria, its even a suicide mission, low grade non premium fuel which are most times adultrated, bad mechos servicing cars with poor quality materials, non availability/non adherence to recommended oil and change intervals, altitude changes across various terrain which affect air pressure, high temperature, bad road surface quality, etc. And one is trying the redline ish. Okay o odiegwu!

there is GOD is every redlining they are doing.

Re: Any Disadvantages For Rev A Car Up To 6000rpm Acceleration.... by Readonee35L(m): 2:54pm On Nov 14, 2014
@Lomomike
What year was the xterra
And I thought that car was available mostly in auto transmission, even if its manual
I doubt if he could get to such Rpm
I don't redline because I get wah I want @ 5000Rpm or less
Re: Any Disadvantages For Rev A Car Up To 6000rpm Acceleration.... by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 14, 2014
Readonee35L:
@Lomomike
What year was the xterra
And I thought that car was available mostly in auto transmission, even if its manual
I doubt if he could get to such Rpm
I don't redline because I get wah I want @ 5000Rpm or less

Its a Nissan xterra SE 2003 Model with
4sp A/T w O/D
Re: Any Disadvantages For Rev A Car Up To 6000rpm Acceleration.... by Readonee35L(m): 12:54pm On Nov 15, 2014
lomomike:

Its a Nissan xterra SE 2003 Model with
4sp A/T w O/D

If its an A/T then no matter what. he is going to have a rev limit b4 it changes gear....
So that fault that came up from ur frnds car wasn't from slamming the Gas pedal
That car must have some other issues involved ...

Because the way I handle my auto tranny dodge ...even if I slam d pedal it won't go more than 5000Rpm before it engages the 2nd gear
Re: Any Disadvantages For Rev A Car Up To 6000rpm Acceleration.... by Kashif(m): 1:06pm On Nov 15, 2014
Still wondering how one can sustain a damaging redline drive with a v6 mated to auto transmission. Do they lock it down?
Re: Any Disadvantages For Rev A Car Up To 6000rpm Acceleration.... by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:51pm On Nov 15, 2014
Kashif:
Still wondering how one can sustain a damaging redline drive with a v6 mated to auto transmission. Do they lock it down?

Not possible unless ecm is tweaked. An already failing engine is more prone to destruction at high rpms.
Re: Any Disadvantages For Rev A Car Up To 6000rpm Acceleration.... by papadjaji: 6:34pm On Nov 17, 2014
For the good of those contemplating redlining, my advice is: c danger & apply caution.

What will happen if u drive like a human being?
The OP is only a dead man looking for who to ensnare.

In 9ja, òpòló eyes no be open eyes!

Moreso, such road for doing 200km/hr hardly exists (in 9ja ofcos)
Re: Any Disadvantages For Rev A Car Up To 6000rpm Acceleration.... by chillex8(m): 7:57pm On Nov 17, 2014
papadjaji:
For the good of those contemplating redlining, my advice is: c danger & apply caution.

What will happen if u drive like a human being?
The OP is only a dead man looking for who to ensnare.

In 9ja, òpòló eyes no be open eyes!

Moreso, such road for doing 200km/hr hardly exists (in 9ja ofcos)

You are wrong..
Roads for 300km/hr are abound.

Some are not tempted to attempt.

I can and will if I was using a v8.

I do 220 km/hr with ease on lekki express, 180km/hr on ikorodu road..

Its a choice..

Ride or die
Re: Any Disadvantages For Rev A Car Up To 6000rpm Acceleration.... by 9icetoo(m): 8:33pm On Nov 17, 2014
Constantly red lining your engine will surely kill it. There is a reason the manufacturers painted that zone red. You increase the wear and tear in that engine tremendously when u red line. Rally cars and race cars can be red lined for prolonged periods however this leads to frequent engine rebuilds on these cars even with the expensive exotic internals (forged pistons, crankshaft, coated liners, rings and camshafts). These internals in these engines are not what you will find in your regular family sedan. They can withstand the abuse for prolonged periods yet it is not uncommon to see smoked engines in F1 and rally championships where these cars are pushed to their limits. Red lining your engine is dangerous and should be avoided at all costs. Speed limiters built into ECU's help prevent this in most cars. Its even worse if your car has an interference engine. In the event, the piston and valves meet for even a split second when you are red lining, you can kiss that engine good bye.
Re: Any Disadvantages For Rev A Car Up To 6000rpm Acceleration.... by chuka5000(m): 3:09pm On Jan 26, 2015
chillex8:
I do it with reckless abandon

Why is it there if it can't be fired up.

Light up the acetylene

That pix finish work

I Have 3.5M & I Want To Buy A Car. What Do You Suggest For Me. / Kia Cerato 2013 Vs Hyundai Elantra 2013 / Overheating While Ac Is On – What To Do