Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,569 members, 7,816,402 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Why Would Someone Lie About Having A Miscarriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Would Someone Lie About Having A Miscarriage (4307 Views)

Having A Timetable For Sex Can Boost Your Relationship / Should A Woman Lie About Having A Child Outside Wedlock?? / 15 Awesome Things About Having A Baby/parenting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Would Someone Lie About Having A Miscarriage by Eddymech: 3:32pm On Nov 08, 2014
Am having been in deep thoughts for like 3weeks and have been wondering why my wife lied to me that she miscarried twice,while I was out of the country on an official purpose

Note
We have a daughter together
No pressure from me on getting pregnant
I actually told her to wait till our daughter is 3 yrs old before she takes in again,she is yet to be 3

So she lied she was pregnant when she wasn't
I have asked her over and over again why she had to lie
All I get is tears or am truly sorry
At first it was funny to me ,but now is no longer funny
Re: Why Would Someone Lie About Having A Miscarriage by lomaxx: 3:43pm On Nov 08, 2014
Eddymech:
Am having been in deep thoughts for like 3weeks and have been wondering why my wife lied to me that she miscarried twice, while I was out of the country on an official purpose

Note
I actually told her to wait till our daughter is 3 yrs old before she takes in again,she is yet to be 3

Focus on the bolded.

The first bolded statement might have set the premise for the second.

The second bolded statement looks more like a back-up story to the consequence of anything that might have happened during the course of the first.

Anything.

If it did happen, it would have been normal (married women got pregnant, hence it's their husband's child)

But it didn't happen- now backup story is a lie.

It would be easier to say : ask her why she lied. But then how are you sure you won't get another lie?

Marriage is one funny institution.

1 Like

Re: Why Would Someone Lie About Having A Miscarriage by ahnie: 3:43pm On Nov 08, 2014
Hmmm...its well.
Re: Why Would Someone Lie About Having A Miscarriage by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 08, 2014
Someone is cheating here
Re: Why Would Someone Lie About Having A Miscarriage by Nobody: 3:54pm On Nov 08, 2014
Op, we here who dnt know your wife wouldnt know why she would lie na. Why dnt you keep pressurizing her to tell you the truth or involve someone she respects to ask her? Why is she crying?

Really wierd that a woman would lie about that when there is no pressure to get another child.

1 Like

Re: Why Would Someone Lie About Having A Miscarriage by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 08, 2014
Just asking to be sure how you knew she lied.

Some times women are late and have false positive. Not defending her just considering possible case scenario

1 Like

Re: Why Would Someone Lie About Having A Miscarriage by simplyOJ(m): 4:05pm On Nov 08, 2014
She may probably have eaten an apple somewhere when you travelled. Fearing a possible pregnancy resulting, told you she was pregnant to have a back up plan. Because i see no reason telling you she was pregnant and had a miscarriage, when she never got pregnant in the first instance.

She just needed to have a back up plan incase her possible infidelity in your abscence backfires. This is what is popularly called backing up files in computer palace.

1 Like

Re: Why Would Someone Lie About Having A Miscarriage by Eddymech: 4:27pm On Nov 08, 2014
Sophyrocks:
Op, we here who dnt know your wife wouldnt know why she would lie na. Why dnt you keep pressurizing her to tell you the truth or involve someone she respects to ask her? Why is she crying?

Really wierd that a woman would lie about that when there is no pressure to get another child.
Don't want to involve another party
Re: Why Would Someone Lie About Having A Miscarriage by Eddymech: 4:35pm On Nov 08, 2014
aisha2:
Just asking to be sure how you knew she lied.

Some times women are late and have false positive. Not defending her just considering possible case scenario

Okay for the times she said she was pregnant I was around and she said she was .i said ok Good
Never saw the test result as there was no need for that.the times she called and said she miscarried,I was not around
Now something happened that made us go to the hospital,so while talking to our doctor,I asked what could make my wife miscarry twice,within a short period
The doctor asked miscarriage?
I said yeah doctor check her file.he checked and there was no history of that shocked
She quickly said"eh sweetie it didn't happen here,I went to a hospital close to the house
I wasn't convinced,so I said on our way home,we would stop at the hospital,then she said she was going to explain when we get home
So were you pregnant I asked him
All I get is am sorry
My wife is not cheating on me,I know that.she is very pretty yeah,could pass for a single lady
But I know my wife

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would Someone Lie About Having A Miscarriage by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 08, 2014
Eddymech:

Okay for the times she said she was pregnant I was around and she said she was .i said ok Good
Never saw the test result as there was no need for that.the times she called and said she miscarried,I was not around
Now something happened that made us go to the hospital,so while talking to our doctor,I asked what could make my wife miscarry twice,within a short period
I said yeah doctor check her file.he checked and there was no history of that shocked
She quickly said"eh sweetie it didn't happen here,I went to a hospital close to the house
I wasn't convinced,so I said on our way home,we would stop at the hospital,then she said she was going to explain when we get home
All I get is am sorry
My wife is not cheating on me,I know that.she is very pretty yeah,could pass for a single lady
But I know my wife

Only her can explain this my brother. Let her finish crying and explain.

3 Likes

Re: Why Would Someone Lie About Having A Miscarriage by blank(f): 2:41am On Nov 09, 2014
You might not be pressuring her but she feels pressured anyways and decided to do what she did. She might be the type that tells white lies to get out of uncomfortable situations. Unfortunately, she was caught out now.

2 Likes

Re: Why Would Someone Lie About Having A Miscarriage by RoyalRoy(m): 4:52am On Nov 09, 2014
aisha2:

Only her can explain this my brother. Let her finish crying and explain.

Seconded!!

1 Like

Re: Why Would Someone Lie About Having A Miscarriage by estheremma(f): 6:58am On Nov 09, 2014
Believe me bro,she needed some cash n she made up that story to wheedle mony from you,have u been freely giving her cash?d mistake some men make is believing u earn money so y must I give u money, ask her this n u will be surprised its a money issue,I'm happy about d fact that u trust her,all this single fellows on naira land saying rubish about infidelity, undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Would Someone Lie About Having A Miscarriage by Wendy80(f): 7:39am On Nov 09, 2014
Since there's no pressure then I wonder too
Re: Why Would Someone Lie About Having A Miscarriage by Eddymech: 12:11pm On Nov 09, 2014
estheremma:
Believe me bro,she needed some cash n she made up that story to wheedle mony from you,have u been freely giving her cash?d mistake some men make is believing u earn money so y must I give u money, ask her this n u will be surprised its a money issue,I'm happy about d fact that u trust her,all this single fellows on naira land saying rubish about infidelity, undecided
She doesn't need cash to go the hospital
My company pays for our medical bills
Am thinking it was all for attention as I read online
Re: Why Would Someone Lie About Having A Miscarriage by gabbytabby: 12:17pm On Nov 09, 2014
Eddymech:
Am having been in deep thoughts for like 3weeks and have been wondering why my wife lied to me that she miscarried twice,while I was out of the country on an official purpose

Note

Personally it would raise my suspicion about the paternity of the first child.

She seems desperate to have another is it cos she is anxious to have a male child or anxious to have one that she is sure is yours
Re: Why Would Someone Lie About Having A Miscarriage by sexybash(f): 3:46pm On Nov 09, 2014
Can you do DNA for your child
I know what my sister are capable of doing
What ever your decision is good luck and patience
Re: Why Would Someone Lie About Having A Miscarriage by Agrika: 11:11pm On Nov 09, 2014
estheremma:
@ O.p there goes your answer, some women actually feel they have to look "pitiful" before they can gain thier husband's "full" attention...ok na since oga is not around, cook some nice sob story..so that when he comes back he will "reward" u for being a strong, enduring, suffer-head African wife

2 Likes

Re: Why Would Someone Lie About Having A Miscarriage by zizz(f): 12:07am On Nov 11, 2014
Eddymech:

Note

@op
Pls cut your wife some slack you may not understand what she goes through,believe me I have been there,My first child is four years older than my second angry,we had Herr a year after we were married,and after she came I had difficulties again conceiving. For me the feeling was exactly how I felt when we were ttc for our first child I had no pressures externally but deep inside my being I was ready to explode,I bought this packet of pregnancy home strip tests and kept checking for any sign at all.
There was one month when my period was so late I believed I was pregt,I did d urine test at home and it came back negative,I did it almost hourly hoping I would get a positive,meanwhile I had already mentioned it to my hubby that my period was late oh how elated he was,he would call me from work to ask how, 'his twins' are doing,he would pamper me and show me extra care........but alas my red visitor came knocking one night and that ended it,I will never forget that night my hubby felt so sad,and so did I.
Pls OP just let her be what she really needs is for you to hold her and 'reassure her that you are still waiting with her,speaks words that will strengthen her,I think she is craving attention so all that drama,all the best dear.

3 Likes

Re: Why Would Someone Lie About Having A Miscarriage by kritzmoritz(m): 2:06pm On Jun 16, 2016
Currently battling a matter similar to this. I still do not have answers why
Re: Why Would Someone Lie About Having A Miscarriage by soonest(f): 4:59pm On Jun 16, 2016
It's all about attention. She seeks your attention
Re: Why Would Someone Lie About Having A Miscarriage by cococandy(f): 5:59pm On Jun 16, 2016
You managed to confuse us
lomaxx:

Focus on the bolded.

The first bolded statement might have set the premise for the second.

The second bolded statement looks more like a back-up story to the consequence of anything that might have happened during the course of the first.

Anything.

If it did happen, it would have been normal (married women got pregnant, hence it's their husband's child)

But it didn't happen- now backup story is a lie.

It would be easier to say : ask her why she lied. But then how are you sure you won't get another lie?

Marriage is one funny institution.

1 Like

Re: Why Would Someone Lie About Having A Miscarriage by smileysmiles(f): 5:55am On Jun 17, 2016
Eddymech:

All I get is am sorry
But I know my wife

Attention.

I think she gets bored and lonely when you're away and she just wants attention.

Oga, you said you trust your wife abi?then you don't have a problem. Please settle with her in the corner of your room before some immature unmarried people come and put funny ideas in your head.

(1) (Reply)

Intruduce Me As A Sister To His Frd Instead Of Wife / I Did Not Authorize Anybody To Adopt My Son! Pls Help!! / Am Heartbroken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.