Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

15 Awesome Things About Having A Baby/parenting - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 15 Awesome Things About Having A Baby/parenting (19514 Views)

Having A Timetable For Sex Can Boost Your Relationship / Sexualization Of Children: Parents Have Lost It In Parenting / Should A Woman Lie About Having A Child Outside Wedlock?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Awesome Things About Having A Baby/parenting by Stegomiah: 10:19am On May 15, 2013
15 Awesome things about having a Baby/parenting

Parenthood takes you from an all-about-me, new pair of shoes today perspective to suddenly dreaming of home life in a cul-de-sac where your kids can play safe from harm. Being a new parent is tough. Sleep becomes a foreign thing you once got in great abundance; and there’s often an overwhelming sense of responsibility. But ask nearly any mother on the planet how she feels about motherhood and she’ll usually tell you in a heartbeat that the benefits outweigh any setbacks. So, it’s high time to take a breather and bask in the awesomeness of parenthood, like all these things;

1.Love

There is an unconditional love between a parent and their child that will never waver. You created the baby from conception to their miraculous birth. This love grows stronger with each day and this endless love will have you willing to go above and beyond so that your baby will never go without.

2.Milestone Celebrations

Each month your baby develops so much — and so rapidly. There’s a celebration of monthly milestones as well as your baby’s first smile, word, walk, crawl, and countless others . Snapping photos to capture these transformations is awe-inspiring.

3.Smiles and Giggle Fits

Around three months, baby learns to smile at you, and will giggle up a storm when you chat with him or her. As a parent, you can’t get enough of the gummy-faced, super happy baby that breaks into giggles and smiles just because they are genuinely ecstatic to see you and hear your familiar voice.

4.Hugs and Kisses

Though drooling, babies can give wet kisses and hug you with their little arms wrapped around your neck. It’s the best feeling in the world because they feel so safe with you!

5.Singing and Dancing for Baby

You will be amazed at how many baby song lyrics you remember as well as your ability to create your own jingles and silly dance moves just to make your baby smile and laugh. Your background music of choice can range from the melodies on the bouncer or bassinet, to swiss beats you come up with on your own.

6.Learning and Discovery

There is learning on both ends. You learn as you go as a new parent, using your motherly instincts along the way. Babies learn just about everything and it’s extremely rewarding to see them master the things you’ve taught.

7.Granny and Grandbaby

Watching granny and her grandchild interact is a beautiful thing. Grandparents get the chance to spoil their grandchild rotten. It only reinforces the joy that your little one truly is and shows just how much she or he is loved.

8.Cooking for Your Child

Making gourmet baby food can be fun. Whether you are using your Baby Bullet or Ninja food puree mixer, your baby will appreciate the freshly whipped nutrition. And when they’re older, they can help!

9.Midnight Time With You Baby

Spending one on one time with a child who can’t sleep is an excellent time for motherly bonding. Though sleepy, moms can definitely find appreciation in moments like these.

10.Priceless Facial Expressions

Babies communicate with their facial expressions, raising their eyebrows and widening their eyes in response to you as you talk to them. Keep up the communication as this helps babies hone their own communication skills.

11.Watching Your Baby Grow

Babies grow super fast. They start off really tiny and fragile like, and grow quickly into this thick butterball of a baby. Before you know it, they are toddlers, kids, teens and then adults. Savor these moments because it won’t last forever.

12.Connection

There is a connection between parent and child that can never be severed. This close-knit feeling is extremely comforting as it sets the foundation for a close relationship with your baby –one that comes from dependency first (on the part of baby) and evolves into a loving connection built out of love and respect for one another.

13.Holding Your Baby

Holding baby in your arms can warm your heart. It makes it difficult to put them down to rest in their crib or bassinet. It gives you an opportunity to watch their face, whether asleep or awake, and take in all the delicate and detailed features.

14.Never Being Alone

As new parents, you won’t ever be alone. There is this baby to take care of for the rest of your life. It doesn’t stop at 18, nor should you be counting the days until your child’s 18th birthday. This is a lifetime commitment and you should embrace it.

15.A Deeper Sense Of Self

As a new parent, babies give you a deeper meaning of self. It’s like they complete you. You never knew before that you needed something extra to define you, but a baby does just that and gives you purpose beyond yourself.

By: kelly franklin

27 Likes

Re: 15 Awesome Things About Having A Baby/parenting by badoist(m): 10:40am On May 15, 2013
Wow, I love dis, can't wait 2 av my own baby, guess it feels so good especially when d baby is cute.

4 Likes

Re: 15 Awesome Things About Having A Baby/parenting by Akshow: 11:28am On May 15, 2013
So make people wey God no bless with the fruit of the womb go kill themselves abi?

1 Like

Re: 15 Awesome Things About Having A Baby/parenting by obasijoy(f): 11:47am On May 15, 2013
Akshow: So make people wey God no bless with the fruit of the womb go kill themselves abi?

nawaooo!!! whose fault? if God hasn't bless you with the fruit of the womb yet, it's left for you to use this thread with tears as a point of contact to challenge Him and tell Him you wanna witness the awesome things about having a baby and parenting. was He not the one that said there shall never be barren among us.

everybody has his or her own set time in this world.

11 Likes

Re: 15 Awesome Things About Having A Baby/parenting by vanitty: 12:03pm On May 15, 2013
The smile on their face when they see you. That is one of my heaven on earth times

2 Likes

Re: 15 Awesome Things About Having A Baby/parenting by gladiator12: 12:30pm On May 15, 2013
Yes oh.... Its so wonderful to see the smile on their face when they see you.... They are the best companion ever. I Love my bobo..... grin

1 Like

Re: 15 Awesome Things About Having A Baby/parenting by DICKtator: 2:41pm On May 15, 2013
You did not even add the pre-conception part!!!
sexx sexx sexx ooo-la-la-la
pre-intimacy first,make sure the lights are dimmed
then fiki-faka
make sure she moans and screams
then gush, that heavenly feeling when it all comes down or goes in
again,...... and again,.....and again,......,and again,.............,and again,............and again,.........and again
9 months later,............,
beauty arrives!!!!
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 15 Awesome Things About Having A Baby/parenting by supaeagles(m): 2:42pm On May 15, 2013
Wow - I am touched and inspired. This weekend I go see wetin I fit do.....and I no go use "cap" for the helmet wink
Re: 15 Awesome Things About Having A Baby/parenting by Rick9(m): 2:43pm On May 15, 2013
Ah Mehn i need Kids mehn
Re: 15 Awesome Things About Having A Baby/parenting by Lilimax(f): 2:43pm On May 15, 2013
Akshow: So make people wey God no bless with the fruit of the womb go kill themselves abi?
See talk !sad sad
If you are still waiting to have a baby, free your mind from anger and jealosy?
Wait on God the giver of babies. He will visit you soonest. cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: 15 Awesome Things About Having A Baby/parenting by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 2:43pm On May 15, 2013
badoist: Wow, I love dis, can't wait 2 av my own baby, guess it feels so good especially when d baby is cute.
I can't to make your dreams reality too. So wat do we do now.
:p
Re: 15 Awesome Things About Having A Baby/parenting by Freiburger(m): 2:44pm On May 15, 2013
Stegomiah:

11.Watching Your Baby Grow

Babies grow super fast. They start off really tiny and fragile like, and grow quickly into this thick butterball of a baby. Before you know it, they are toddlers, kids, teens and then adults. Savor these moments because it won’t last forever.

True talk, I need to think twice and maybe pinch myself before giving my son an answer whenever he ask me tough questions.

1 Like

Re: 15 Awesome Things About Having A Baby/parenting by Janiobi(m): 2:44pm On May 15, 2013
The best tin about babes to me are there sweet smile... cheesy. Abeg, any hot chick wan give birth to my own first baby? wink wink
Re: 15 Awesome Things About Having A Baby/parenting by apoti(m): 2:46pm On May 15, 2013
I was smiling sheepishly as I was reading this piece grin
My wife is pregnant with our first child and I must confess it's the best feeling in the world. I'm so ecstatic and I can't wait to see him and hold him in my arms.
I often kiss him, talk to him and sing to him in the womb kiss
OMG I can't wait grin cool

14 Likes

Re: 15 Awesome Things About Having A Baby/parenting by Alwaystrue(f): 2:46pm On May 15, 2013
cheesy Awesome!
Thanks OP, I pray I and every person that plan and trust to have children will enjoy this awesome blessing. Amen.
The first baby's smile is simply priceless. kiss

5 Likes

Re: 15 Awesome Things About Having A Baby/parenting by kokoye(m): 2:46pm On May 15, 2013
smelly diapers all over the place. ...forget all that scented diaper bag b.s

baby wont sleep when you want to sleep

all good though. Thank God for the gift of life.

The gift that keeps on giving.
Re: 15 Awesome Things About Having A Baby/parenting by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 15, 2013
supaeagles: Wow - I am touched and inspired. This weekend I go see wetin I fit do.....and I no go use "cap" for the helmet wink

Times are hard o, no go born quintuplet tongue

1 Like

Re: 15 Awesome Things About Having A Baby/parenting by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 15, 2013
Now I need a baby. . . I just love that cute smile and giggle they have, and the never-let-go grip they have esp. when holding your fingers, and the. . . . .ehm, let me stop here for now.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Awesome Things About Having A Baby/parenting by princemolak(m): 2:52pm On May 15, 2013
I cant Just wait to become a parent and experience these things!!

Want To Make Money Online?check www.onlinemoneydon.com

1 Like

Re: 15 Awesome Things About Having A Baby/parenting by festusb: 2:54pm On May 15, 2013
Right
Re: 15 Awesome Things About Having A Baby/parenting by Evanisgud(f): 2:59pm On May 15, 2013
A baby is d best thing dat can happen 2 any1 in life no matter wat u have.My bobo is my first priority now.

1 Like

Re: 15 Awesome Things About Having A Baby/parenting by engrj(m): 3:02pm On May 15, 2013
badoist: Wow, I love dis, can't wait 2 av my own baby, guess it feels so good especially when d baby is cute.

And what if the baby is U*ly hheeem just asking

By de way de man at the up carrying baby look like Tee-A.

1 Like

Re: 15 Awesome Things About Having A Baby/parenting by kaydibs(f): 3:02pm On May 15, 2013
Awwww. Can't wait to have mine! God gives us children so we can have roses in december

1 Like

Re: 15 Awesome Things About Having A Baby/parenting by baggy4luv(m): 3:04pm On May 15, 2013
supaeagles: Wow - I am touched and inspired. This weekend I go see wetin I fit do.....and I no go use "cap" for the helmet wink
ur stupidity deserves house girl
Re: 15 Awesome Things About Having A Baby/parenting by gluv01(f): 3:09pm On May 15, 2013
The best thing I love about babies is when they try to pronounce words.
When my brother was little, he pronounced church as sors
Preacher as preaser
Jesus as Zesus
Frog as Fvck

It's so wonderful and hilarious

3 Likes

Re: 15 Awesome Things About Having A Baby/parenting by Fash20: 3:13pm On May 15, 2013
if ur child is ugly, wat wud u do?

1 Like

Re: 15 Awesome Things About Having A Baby/parenting by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 15, 2013
smiley

2 Likes

Re: 15 Awesome Things About Having A Baby/parenting by YuzedoII: 3:17pm On May 15, 2013
Bst tin about havin' baby: NYASHING wink wink wink
Re: 15 Awesome Things About Having A Baby/parenting by YuzedoII: 3:20pm On May 15, 2013
baggy4luv: ur stupidity deserves house girl
Oh my goodness!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 15 Awesome Things About Having A Baby/parenting by cigaricon(m): 3:34pm On May 15, 2013
Me its that lovely smell. Wow babies smell really good smiley

1 Like

Re: 15 Awesome Things About Having A Baby/parenting by Damojo: 3:35pm On May 15, 2013
Sooooooooo lukin 4ward 2 fatherhood!

1 Like

Re: 15 Awesome Things About Having A Baby/parenting by cigaricon(m): 3:38pm On May 15, 2013
gluv01:
Frog as Fvck
Hmmm undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Married Or Not… You Should Read This: / Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? / Strange! : Woman Delivers Seven Babies In 11 Months (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.