Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,062 members, 7,825,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

My Teenage Daughter Is Pregnant!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Teenage Daughter Is Pregnant!!! (3513 Views)

'I'm Childless! But, My Landlady Is Pregnant For My Husband!' / My Wife Is Pregnant For Her Pastor - Husband Tells Judge / How Do I Handle My Teenage Sis, As An Elder Bro. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Teenage Daughter Is Pregnant!!! by Allboiz: 6:40pm On Nov 08, 2014
I was shocked when I found out my daughter is pregnant. What should I do?
Re: My Teenage Daughter Is Pregnant!!! by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 08, 2014
Wow. This is beyond my scope but I advice u accept the fact and take responsibility of the child till she gets her life back on track

1 Like

Re: My Teenage Daughter Is Pregnant!!! by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 08, 2014
oops! u have to help her deliver the baby. what's done is done sad
Re: My Teenage Daughter Is Pregnant!!! by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 08, 2014
Take responsibility of her

This is not the time to scold or kill

Form a bond and be there for her
Re: My Teenage Daughter Is Pregnant!!! by davdandam(m): 7:17pm On Nov 08, 2014
Gehn gehn
Re: My Teenage Daughter Is Pregnant!!! by okotv(m): 7:18pm On Nov 08, 2014
...thank you for sharing although I don't think am mature enough to counsel a father but this are my thoughts anyway.....

......calm down and have a fatherly chat with her, it has happened so you have to be closer to her now. No matter what keep the child cause you don't know who it might turn out to be tomorrow. Above all show her Love cause I know she might be hurting over her actions and if she is very emotional or a reserved person, please watch her closely more than before cause a suicide might be on the offing although I don't pray for such.
Re: My Teenage Daughter Is Pregnant!!! by Gcares(m): 7:27pm On Nov 08, 2014
@op this is the time when you show that you are a true father, remember children are gifts from God,meaning ur actions towards them must be for building them up in all facets of the word "human being ". U have a responsibility from The Creator to nurture them even in their mistakes,so i beg u keep calm ,the shameful feeling will PASS.
No matter how bad u feel ,she feels ten times worse, so please STAY WITH YOUR DAUGHTER.
Bless u.
Re: My Teenage Daughter Is Pregnant!!! by Fabdedon(m): 7:40pm On Nov 08, 2014
ah was even thinkin of this before i saw this post....maybe i don de see vision...lol..
Me..:how come...angry
Daughter: daddy i dont know oo...
Me : ehenn so ur now concived by the holy spir|t bah..
Forget those trash up there....meanwhile i was thinking... If i were to be in your shoes... What will i do...hmmmm.. Its not easy to make decision oo

First of all make her feel safe with you.....in the sence..that she wount make the wrong decision.. Out of fear....she might run away...follow bad friends advice.. Abort the baby..take drugs..etc.. Just make her feel safe and your decision is the best for her and the family name...
With her now feeling safe..try asking to know who is responsible for the pregrancy.. So as to know the next wise step to take....
If the person is reponsible try talking with him in a matured manner to know whats up next..
If irresponsible hmm hmm just take the new family member as your own to avoid had i known..
3rd go for a test..yeah.. All necessary test...both pregrancy..condition of the baby... hiv test...etc ah no know much abt dis test things.. But just go to the hospital am sure they know the right test to carry out...
.hmm..nothing much again sha.. But just make her feel safe.. The deed has being done..
I hope my point was helpful...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Teenage Daughter Is Pregnant!!! by chinnasa: 7:41pm On Nov 08, 2014
Congrat u will be a grandpa. Since u failed in watching her a yound hungry lad has helped u. No cause for alerm. Help her through it.

1 Like

Re: My Teenage Daughter Is Pregnant!!! by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 08, 2014
Whr is my cane?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Teenage Daughter Is Pregnant!!! by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 08, 2014
It's a little late for doing... the only option now is damage control.
You are in the best position to assess what your damage control strategy should be. Sit down with your wife and daughter and discuss the next move; gently and maturely.

1 Like

Re: My Teenage Daughter Is Pregnant!!! by Nobody: 9:10pm On Nov 08, 2014
How old is she? And have you found out who's responsible, or she doesn't know?
Re: My Teenage Daughter Is Pregnant!!! by smartmom(f): 9:11pm On Nov 08, 2014
How old is she? is she in secondary school or university? Is she about to write any major exam? who is responsible? will you be able to share financial responsibilty with the father of the child? Painful as it may seem, it is not the end of the world and should be handled carefully so your dauhgter's life isnt ruined completely.

Go to this link for more details:http://nigerianparentsforum.com/index.php/kunena/general-discussion/9361-preventing-teenage-pregnancy

2 Likes

Re: My Teenage Daughter Is Pregnant!!! by KAYCEEJUNIOR(m): 10:20pm On Nov 08, 2014
Do you want to father the child? if yes then....beautiful but if you dont intend to or have your daughter give birth to the baby then i advice From experience, although this will bring a bad image to your Family because people will view her as a child who lack parential care, have You bothered to check the trauma and pschological effect she will face after given birth to the baby. I will advice You to keep her hidden first and withdraw her from every association and School, get intouch with the Dude that is responsible and know how financially bouyant he is.........if he is ok then let the marriage rite take place, that's the only way to Save her and Save yourself and your wife from embarrasement.
But if the Dude is a kid or hit and run.......carry your daughter to a convent and discuss with the Rev sisters both financially and otherwise, let her stay their until the baby is born, Let the Sisters put the baby for adoption and erase everything that has to do with the baby from your memory. Bring back your daughtet and counsel her.....with that, she will not only get her life back but forget about everything and move on, in the nearest future she can easily marry without delay or setback and You will also Save your Family from being a yardstick of bad parenting and promiscus daughter. My advice.

1 Like

Re: My Teenage Daughter Is Pregnant!!! by corisande: 10:24pm On Nov 08, 2014
KAYCEEJUNIOR:
From experience, Op, this will bring a bad image to your Family because people will view her as a child who lack parential care, have You bothered to check the trauma and pschological effect she will face after given birth to the baby. I will advice You to keep her hidden first and withdraw her from every association and School, get intouch with the Dude that is responsible and know how financially bouyant he is.........if he is ok then let the marriage rite take place, that's the only way to Save her and Save yourself and your wife from embarrasement.
But if the Dude is a kid or hit and run.......carry your daughter to a convent and discuss with the Rev sisters both financially and otherwise, let her stay their until the baby is born, Let the Sisters put the baby for adoption and erase everything that has to do with the baby from your memory. Bring back your daughtet and counsel her.....with that, she will not only get her life back but forget about everything and move on, in the nearest future she can easily marry without delay or setback and You will also Save your Family from being a yardstick of bad parenting and promiscus daughter. My advice.

Op, Avoid this advice
what!

8 Likes

Re: My Teenage Daughter Is Pregnant!!! by ichidodo: 11:07pm On Nov 08, 2014
Send her to the village...

1 Like

Re: My Teenage Daughter Is Pregnant!!! by An0nimus: 12:03am On Nov 09, 2014
chinnasa:
Congrat u will be a grandpa. Since u failed in watching her a yound hungry lad has helped u. No cause for alerm. Help her through it.

Pray it doesn't happen to you or someone you know. That time you will realise this your comment was very naïve and void of understanding. Just pray and ask for God's grace.

3 Likes

Re: My Teenage Daughter Is Pregnant!!! by slimyem: 1:25am On Nov 09, 2014
Though you might be feeling dissapointed right now,this is one period when your daughter needs you support the most so you do need to set your feelings aside a little.
I'm certain she won't be feeling too proud of herself at the moment so there's no point adding salt to her injury.
The best you can do is accept the situation.

I think you should let her have the option of what to do with the baby. Abortion,adoption or keeping the baby... while also making her understand the realities of whatever option she chooses to settle with.

Try get to know what kind of person the man who did this is and if his continued presence in your daughter's life is to be encouraged.

Whatever you do,be positive. That's the one thing that can help you manage the situation. All the very best cool
Re: My Teenage Daughter Is Pregnant!!! by infogenius(m): 3:03am On Nov 09, 2014
Congratulations! You now need to score urself in terms of how honestly u've brought her up.
No hard feelings, just give her a supporting hand.
Re: My Teenage Daughter Is Pregnant!!! by dahmie2013: 10:42am On Nov 09, 2014
KAYCEEJUNIOR:
Do you want to father the child? if yes then....beautiful but if you dont intend to or have your daughter give birth to the baby then i advice From experience, although this will bring a bad image to your Family because people will view her as a child who lack parential care, have You bothered to check the trauma and pschological effect she will face after given birth to the baby. I will advice You to keep her hidden first and withdraw her from every association and School, get intouch with the Dude that is responsible and know how financially bouyant he is.........if he is ok then let the marriage rite take place, that's the only way to Save her and Save yourself and your wife from embarrasement.

Haba! Very heartless comment, is it d child's fault?
Re: My Teenage Daughter Is Pregnant!!! by Allboiz: 12:50pm On Nov 09, 2014
Thank u all for ur comment! I thnk I'll let her have the baby.
Re: My Teenage Daughter Is Pregnant!!! by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 09, 2014
Abuamam:
It's a little late for doing... the only option now is damage control.
You are in the best position to assess what your damage control strategy should be. Sit down with your wife and daughter and discuss the next move; gently and maturely.
best advice so far
Re: My Teenage Daughter Is Pregnant!!! by Richy4(m): 1:03pm On Nov 09, 2014
chinnasa:

Stop throwing stones please. When the time come, we will see how much vigil you will keep for your daughter.

Op, surprise her with love please. Make her feel wanted in the house. Trust me she might be feeling suicidal now but with your help of love and encouragement she will be fine.

I know it is difficult especially with self righteous neighbors wagging their tongue. But this too shall pass.

2 Likes

Re: My Teenage Daughter Is Pregnant!!! by SAMBARRY: 1:24pm On Nov 09, 2014
Kanwulia your attention is needed here . come and give your sisterly advice. E Don shele o
Re: My Teenage Daughter Is Pregnant!!! by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 09, 2014
chinnasa:
Chinansa, ogini? undecided
Re: My Teenage Daughter Is Pregnant!!! by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 09, 2014
chinnasa:
Re: My Teenage Daughter Is Pregnant!!! by Mommabella(f): 4:25pm On Nov 09, 2014
my best advice as a victim of teenage pregnancy is u should keep the baby, shower her with love and help her get her life back on track(thats very important) dont allow teenage marriage for her now and also when shez more calm let her know her mistake and also tell her she can talk to u cos am very sure she regrets her actions and probably devastated but scared to say or show her feelings.... and also check her b.p regularly, watch her closely too to avoid her harming herself. above all, if u're a christian u can help her in prayers and also tell her to pray to God for forgiveness.... stay blessed
Re: My Teenage Daughter Is Pregnant!!! by Kanwulia: 12:50pm On Nov 10, 2014
SAMBARRY:
Kanwulia your attention is needed here . come and give your sisterly advice. E Don shele o

Is this a problem? cheesy
Na 2015 we wan see so o!
Teenage preggies nor be taboo anywhere in this world!!!
Make she born am, go for DNA test, then come back for more instruction.
Simple! kiss

1 Like

Re: My Teenage Daughter Is Pregnant!!! by mcdokwe(m): 7:58am On Nov 12, 2014
Allboiz:
I was shocked when I found out my daughter is pregnant. What should I do?
congrats, you're about to have a grand child.

I know you might want to feel you are the worst parent, or fear that people would insinuate such. Very good parents have equally good children who make mistakes. We grow up wanting to experiment things that end up in a mess, but are we to live in perpetual regrets or make even greater mistakes? No! We make the best out of it. I would advice you take her in and encourage her in every possible way you can, provide ante natal care for her and let your story be an inspiration in the future for people who are likely to find themselves in the same situation.

Never consider taking out the unborn's life to cover a supposed shame. Never make such mistake.
Re: My Teenage Daughter Is Pregnant!!! by Allboiz: 10:37am On Nov 13, 2014
mcdokwe:
congrats, you're about to have a grand child.

I know you might want to feel you are the worst parent, or fear that people would insinuate such. Very good parents have equally good children who make mistakes. We grow up wanting to experiment things that end up in a mess, but are we to live in perpetual regrets or make even greater mistakes? No! We make the best out of it. I would advice you take her in and encourage her in every possible way you can, provide ante natal care for her and let your story be an inspiration in the future for people who are likely to find themselves in the same situation.

Never consider taking out the unborn's life to cover a supposed shame. Never make such mistake.
Thanks Man!
Re: My Teenage Daughter Is Pregnant!!! by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 02, 2014
You are not alone. . . i just saw life stories of young girls who became pregnant. Draw some encouragement from it http://www.figureout.com.ng/shocking-list-10-female-children-became-pregnant/
Re: My Teenage Daughter Is Pregnant!!! by SAMBARRY: 11:06am On Dec 02, 2014
Kanwulia:

Is this a problem? cheesy
Na 2015 we wan see so o!
Teenage preggies nor be taboo anywhere in this world!!!
Make she born am, go for DNA test, then come back for more instruction.
Simple! kiss
it is a problem o shocked

if it wasnt a problem,op wont open this thread.oya o

(1) (Reply)

as / Photo..you're A 90's Kid If You Did Play This Game. / Why Must Only The Married Women Wear Wedding Rings But Not The Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.